Alphacool to 3D-scan GPUs to make waterblocks for non-reference cards

HiddenFox

Original Post: http://www.bit-tech.net/news/hardware/2014/04/18/alphacool-to-3d-scan-gpus-to-make-waterbloc/1

Alphacool has announced that it will soon be able to 3D-scan graphics cards with non-reference PCBs in order to make custom waterblocks far more easily.

Seems quite interesting carnt wait for Asus CU II cards to be water cooled with there better "Super Alloy Power" VRM !

alphacool-2-1280x1024.png

alphacool-3-1280x1024.png

Original Post: http://www.bit-tech.net/news/hardware/2014/04/18/alphacool-to-3d-scan-gpus-to-make-waterbloc/1

PC Editing / Gaming Rig Specs : i7-3930k @ 4ghz w/ Hyper 212 Evo | 840 Evo 250gb and Seagate 1TB | 2x8GB Corsair Vengeance RAM | Zotac GTX 780 | Corsair Vengeance C70 Green | OS: Ubuntu 16.04 LTS / Win10 #KilledMyWife #MakeBombs

Seems quite interesting carnt wait for Asus CU II cards to be water cooled with there better "Super Alloy Power" VRM !

EK make ASUS DCUII compatible WB already :D

and wow those are ugly water blocks :/ Cool idea though 

I would prefer some LEDs on there. Would probably look so much cooler with em. Make it like Tron lights.

Apparently the SLI bridge has LEDs in it 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X - CPU Cooler: Deepcool Castle 240EX - Motherboard: MSI B450 GAMING PRO CARBON AC

RAM: 2 x 8GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RBG 3200MHz - GPU: MSI RTX 3080 GAMING X TRIO

looks very nice, altough i have my doubts about the backplate, can't we get a smooth one?

May the light have your back and your ISO low.

Apparently the SLI bridge has LEDs in it 

I thought only 690, 770, 780 and Titans could have LEDs? 

Or does the bridge allow LEDs for all? 

I thought only 690, 770, 780 and Titans could have LEDs? 

Or does the bridge allow LEDs for all? 

According the article, the connector for the water blocks (which I called the SLI bridge) has LEDs in it. How it's powered, I don't know.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X - CPU Cooler: Deepcool Castle 240EX - Motherboard: MSI B450 GAMING PRO CARBON AC

RAM: 2 x 8GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RBG 3200MHz - GPU: MSI RTX 3080 GAMING X TRIO

I like the look, I can only hope they perform as well.

looks very nice, altough i have my doubts about the backplate, can't we get a smooth one?

It is smooth, what you see is the front part, which nobody can see in most computer cases anyways lol

To me the most important(aesthetically speaking) part of the card/gpu block is the top.

It is smooth, what you see is the front part, which nobody can see in most computer cases anyways lol

To me the most important(aesthetically speaking) part of the card/gpu block is the top.

Look at the picture where the two blocks are one on top of the other. The backplate is grooved. Image the blocks are actually put into the case and you'll see that.

Look at the picture where the two blocks are one on top of the other. The backplate is grooved. Image the blocks are actually put into the case and you'll see that.

This image?

article_img.jpg

OMG it is actually kinda rugged, this image looks so tiny in my monitor I couldn't see them rugged. My bad, you're right.

I think the backplate looks a little funky. But I would love to attach my Gigabyte GHz edition to a custom loop.

Backplate, the bridge,and the branding looks horrible thou.

I agree, while it looks amazing it looks pretty horrible at the same time.

Thin out the bridge a lot please.. fix the logo design.. and maybe a little less screws lmao

Heaven's Society - Like Anime? Check us Out Here!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Backplate, the bridge,and the branding looks horrible thou.

If you painted over the logo's and just had it all matt black it would look sick. I think this looks far better then any EK water block.

(\__/)

(='.'=)

(")_(")  GTX 1070 5820K 500GB Samsung EVO SSD 1TB WD Green 16GB of RAM Corsair 540 Air Black EVGA Supernova 750W Gold  Logitech G502 Fiio E10 Wharfedale Diamond 220 Yamaha A-S501 Lian Li Fan Controller NHD-15 KBTalking Keyboard

I agree, while it looks amazing it looks pretty horrible at the same time.

Thin out the bridge a lot please.. fix the logo design.. and maybe a little less screws lmao

I like the screws. It breaks things up and makes it look more interesting. But they probably can't get rid of the screws even if they wanted to. Engineering and all that stuff. I do agree on the logo though but you can probably paint over that easily.

(\__/)

(='.'=)

(")_(")  GTX 1070 5820K 500GB Samsung EVO SSD 1TB WD Green 16GB of RAM Corsair 540 Air Black EVGA Supernova 750W Gold  Logitech G502 Fiio E10 Wharfedale Diamond 220 Yamaha A-S501 Lian Li Fan Controller NHD-15 KBTalking Keyboard

seems to me like this particular waterblock? heatsink is designed for a gpu chip on the bottom of the pcb. Leaked Special Edition Model of the R9 290X!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

Energy can not be created nor destroyed, just converted to a different Type of energy.
My blog: T3Krant.blogspot.com

• 2 weeks later...

Hell yes,i have been waiting forever for a non-reference GPU cooler :D

My Sig Rig: "X79 (3970X) -Midas"http://pcpartpicker.com/p/wsjGt6"  "Midas" Build Log - https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/59768-build-log-in-progress-code-name-midas/

"The Riddler" Custom Watercooled H440 Build Log ( in collaboration with my wife @ _TechPuppet_ ) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/149652-green-h440-special-edition-the-riddler-almost-there/

*Riptide Customs* " We sleeve PSU cables "

I find it interesting that they are just starting this. Seems like the best way to do it, plus 3D scanners have dropped in price dramatically in the last few years.

I do like the style though.

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro

• 2 weeks later...

About time they have had universal blocks forever but u are then stuck with the problem of cooling the ram etc I don't know why this took so long but Atleast it's here now I personally don't like the look but I'm sure other companies will follow and have better designs this would be great for the few people who got the 8gb toxic r9 290x if this supports the card I don't really understand how it's universal :S