Apple & Google under fire for outragous Appstore tariff

darknessblade
52 minutes ago, pas008 said:

who does it worse please name them?

I'll be waiting

ill even take same thing

I literally wrote it in the same spot you so conveniently excluded from highlight. The consoles. Can't do anything with them other than play games specifically made for them bought on store made by vendor itself not allowing anything else. But hey, muh Apfel!!!!1111oneoneone

1 hour ago, RejZoR said:

I literally wrote it in the same spot you so conveniently excluded from highlight. The consoles. Can't do anything with them other than play games specifically made for them bought on store made by vendor itself not allowing anything else. But hey, muh Apfel!!!!1111oneoneone

consoles are for video games/entertainment only

can buy a disc or card versions at many retailers?

can I replace the drives in them? even with 3rd party?

can I get discounted codes for games dlc etc from anywhere?

or do I have to do it through their store ONLY

not even close, so consoles allow me to get my work done, daily trade, etc etc on the road too?

hey guess you gotta stick loyally by your brand

even if that company stole others shit to make it big and nickel and dime along the way with lawsuits on top  to make it to the top

3 hours ago, pas008 said:

do you use windows?

ok if microsoft did this shit you be bitching and crying until your throat and eyes bled

what you are saying is windows could lock down their OS and charge everyone 30% lol thats what you are saying pretty much

Yes, because that would be a fundamental change to the way the operating system works and has worked since the very beginning - Windows S mode exists for that.

iOS has not changed in this regard ever. I would have the same reaction if Apple changed the way the App Store worked, because it changes the very nature of the platform that we use and what we were promised.

1 hour ago, mecarry30 said:

Yes, because that would be a fundamental change to the way the operating system works and has worked since the very beginning - Windows S mode exists for that.

iOS has not changed in this regard ever. I would have the same reaction if Apple changed the way the App Store worked, because it changes the very nature of the platform that we use and what we were promised.

didnt ios exist mainly because of itunes which was mostly used on windows?

isnt that the start of apple getting their nickels and dimes(adds up fast) per song and cables after stealing creative's mp3 shit? which allowed for apple to become what it is now?

typical apple fashion take from another and pay after cashing out or countersuit to get out of it or whatever they need to take take take?

antitrust/anticompetitive plain and simple

5 hours ago, darknessblade said:

And the reason why there is not much news about this is because apple most likely bribes off media stations to twist the news, or uses the google adworks to their advantage to hide all things they do not want people to find.

the first 20 results are all apple sites.

each of the following one articles was on the 4th page of the google search results, even with hyper specific keywords

-snip-

------------

Also the reason it takes soo long to take action is because companies like apple like to drag it out as much as they can.

if the legal period to submit a document is 30 days they will try to stall it as much as they can by submitting it 1 second before the legal period expires, or by giving incomplete info, the wrong document. so they get a additional 30 days to submit said document in its complete form.

Also the longer they drag it out, the more likely people tend to forget that "case" exists

Yeah there is a lot more of anti consumer behavior from apple, like the iphone 6 batteries, apple using customs enforcement to seize batteries, apple denying warranty service because of a sticker that turns red even though those stickers can be affected from high humidity. I think those things should be easy to find, and I  would guess apple is paying to have the apple sites appear as the top search results.

11 hours ago, mecarry30 said:

The recent threads about Apple's cut make me happy that PC enthusiasts aren't the ones in power and those making decisions, trying to make everything open because mUh fReEdOmS.

And I'm glad the apple fans aren't in charge or else the store fees would be even higher, or apple would charge you a fee to have the "privilege" of using the app store.

3 hours ago, mecarry30 said:

But you can go use another OS, or just use the unlocked version of Windows, people are using that excuse with iOS, they are saying you can just go use something else.

And it wouldn't be a fundamental change to lower the app store fee, or allow side loading, most users would never enable the option if they are fine with only using the app store.

2 hours ago, Blademaster91 said:

And I'm glad the apple fans aren't in charge or else the store fees would be even higher, or apple would charge you a fee to have the "privilege" of using the app store.

But you can go use another OS, or just use the unlocked version of Windows, people are using that excuse with iOS, they are saying you can just go use something else.

And it wouldn't be a fundamental change to lower the app store fee, or allow side loading, most users would never enable the option if they are fine with only using the app store.

Yes, the same Apple fans who made sure that retail distribution and online distribution had the same high 50% fees, right?

I don't care about the fee - I care about Apple not enforcing sideloading. In my opinion, the fee should be a flat 15-20%, but given that the vast, vast majority of developers already have a 15% fee I'm not too troubled about that. Third party payment systems are something I think should be an option BUT the developer should also be forced to have Apple's IAP for the benefit of the consumer - I don't think that they should charge 27% like they did in the Netherlands or wherever the dating app thing happened.

But sideloading? Hard no. Sideloading on iOS would cause a mass influx of apps to leave the app store and become only sideloadable. I know you are probably going to point to Android and show how that hasn't happened, but the reason for that is because the average demographic of Android users is not likely to spend as much money on apps as on iOS, and so the devs leave it in the Play Store for increased exposure. However, iOS is a much more profitable platform, and enabling sideloading would lead to an influx of pirated apps and cracked downloads, which would reduce developers' preference for iOS over Android.