Getting high temps on custom loop while gaming.

I recently did a full custom loop on my system. System is a 5950x and a 3090 both on bitspower block. I have 2x360mm 40mm thick rads  and ambient temp is 24c. Using ek cryofuel blood red. Anyways, my idle cpu temps are in the 40-50c range pbo enabled while gpu idle temps are in the 30c range. Water temp is mid 33-38c idle. So i was doing cinebench r23 and my cpu is consistently in the 76-80c range. On prime95 it’s consistently 79-80c and reaches a max of 90c. On timespy stress test my gpu would average 47-55c depending on the weather but right now it’s already hot here in southern california. And while playing god of war i noticed my cpu would hit 80-85c. This is really hot compared to my 360mm aio before. I never saw my cpu temps this high. Water temp while playing would reach 44-46c. I tried reseating the block. Used different thermal pastes, kryonaut and arctic mx-5, still the same results. Pump runs 100% all the time and my fans would hit full speed as well because of the high temps. GPU temps are good tho. At this point i’m kind of wanting to switch back to my aio. Any other suggestion? My loop order is pump/res combo -> cpu -> top rad -> gpu -> front rad -> pump/res again. Attached is the picture of the system.

8E6F14C6-F2BB-4A8D-A890-9382E4B1B6C6.jpeg

Looks like no water flow.

Check this picture out where I circled to confirm. That tube is empty!

8E6F14C6-F2BB-4A8D-A890-9382E4B1B6C6.jpeg.4acebab260501707342b348b9e6555f0.thumb.jpg.0eb6eb023b94e709a28ec3491dd99c61.jpg

6 minutes ago, ShrimpBrime said:

Looks like no water flow.

Check this picture out where I circled to confirm. That tube is empty!

8E6F14C6-F2BB-4A8D-A890-9382E4B1B6C6.jpeg.4acebab260501707342b348b9e6555f0.thumb.jpg.0eb6eb023b94e709a28ec3491dd99c61.jpg

Sorry that picture is when system was off. When it’s on you can see the water flow indicator working. My pump is 100% all the time and still gets those temps.

Can you take a picture of the Cpu block specifically? I can't see how the mounting looks in this picture.

Only thing I would add to the other questions already asked would just be how much water is in the reservoir?  It's hard to tell from the photo but it almost looks empty.  It should be at least 3/4 full or slightly more.  When they get low, at least the ones I have used, they tend to pull air into the loop and temps go up.

My system is optimized for being virtually silent so I sacrifice a little in higher temps to have it be all but inaudible from 2feet away.  It's hard to say being I don't have the exact same hardware as you and I am not a familiar with the heat output from a 5950x but I do have a 3090 and can tell you that the 3090's make a TON of heat.  My system is an intel 9900K with a RTX3090 on a pair of 360x40mm rads and my temps are very similar to what you are seeing.  My ambient tonight is 20c (cold in Ohio tonight)  idle water temp 34c.  Ran Cinebench R23 for the 10 minute throttling test and my CPU reached steady state at 82c with a water temp of 38c while the GPU was idle.  Last test I started my miner client  to push my GPU to full load while running Cinebench in the same looping test for about 5 minutes.  My CPU was between 90-91c GPU was sitting at around 60c and my water temp had pushed up to 47c.   I manually pushed the fans to 100% and let it run for the last 5 minutes of the Cinebench loop and it was able to bring the water temp back down to 44c and my CPU temps into a more comfortable but still hot 88c.

5950x using any pbo negative curve optimizer? 

Ryzen 5700x + EK Supremacy D-RGB | 2x8 GB DDR4 Klevv 3200 MT/s | MSI B550M Mortar | Palit 3070 GamingPro LHR + Bykski N-PT3070PRO-X | Corsair RM750 | Alphacool EPDM + QDC | Aquacomputer Quadro + HighFlow2 | EK D5 XTOP | Freezemod 360 30mm rad + Barrow Dabel-20b 360 20mm | Barrow & Freezemod fittings | Corsair 5000D Airflow

Audio: beyerdynamic DT 900 Pro X + iFi ZEN Air DAC + Razer Seiren Mini

3 hours ago, vf1000ride said:

It's hard to say being I don't have the exact same hardware as you and I am not a familiar with the heat output from a 5950x but I do have a 3090 and can tell you that the 3090's make a TON of heat.

The 5950x is the 3090 of CPUs. Its extremely hot. Mine runs hot and I only WC my CPU. I couldn't imagine throwing a 3090 into the mix. A split loop would be ideal, and was essentially what you were doing with your AIO if I read right. You can try undervolting the 5950x if not already though, that can shave quite a bit off your CPU temps. Mobos like to dump excessive voltage into the 5950x with PBO on.

5800X3D / ASUS X570 Dark Hero / 32GB 3600mhz / EVGA RTX 3090ti FTW3 Ultra / Dell S3422DWG / Logitech G815 / Logitech G502 / Sennheiser HD 599

2021 Razer Blade 14 3070 / S23 Ultra

im going to say lack of airflow.. 2 intake fans that feeds a rad. then 3 fans that gets air from ... no where cuz the air from the first rad is restricted as f***...

1 hour ago, NorKris said:

im going to say lack of airflow.. 2 intake fans that feeds a rad. then 3 fans that gets air from ... no where cuz the air from the first rad is restricted as f***...

I have 3x140mm intake and 3x120mm+1x140mm exhaust. Should i change all to intake and just leave the back one for exhaust?

31 minutes ago, SidneyDean said:

I have 3x140mm intake and 3x120mm+1x140mm exhaust. Should i change all to intake and just leave the back one for exhaust?

looks like only 2x intake is giving its air to the main part of the pc. then rad then res. i would go intake on every rad.. always

2 hours ago, NorKris said:

looks like only 2x intake is giving its air to the main part of the pc. then rad then res. i would go intake on every rad.. always

Ok thanks. I’ll try it that way.

you got the inlet and out let right on the cpu block? and a jet plate right? is that a ddc pump? what is the case?

I have dyslexia plz be kind to me. dont like my post dont read it or respond thx

also i edit post alot because you no why...

Thrasher_565 hub links build logs

Corsair Lian Li Bykski Barrow thermaltake nzxt aquacomputer 5v argb pin out guide + argb info

5v device to 12v mb header

Odds and Sods Argb Rgb Links

4 hours ago, thrasher_565 said:

you got the inlet and out let right on the cpu block? and a jet plate right? is that a ddc pump? what is the case?

Yes in and out are right. It’s a D5 PWM pump.

On 2/9/2022 at 10:40 PM, SidneyDean said:

i would leave them but check if the CPU block backplate has a good connection.  

It seems weird temps get that high. i have i9 9900k and two 2080 ti's in my loop it goes up to 40 while gaming.. 

or your radiators are just too thin to disperse the heat.. 

try setting your fans to max.. even tho it's noisy.. check if it keeps temps down easier then 

Those are pretty thick rads. What fans are you using with them? And what RPM or what RPM % are you running them at?

8 hours ago, Zomeguy said:

Those are pretty thick rads. What fans are you using with them? And what RPM or what RPM % are you running them at?

looks like noctua, I suspect could by waterblock contact issue

Ryzen 5700x + EK Supremacy D-RGB | 2x8 GB DDR4 Klevv 3200 MT/s | MSI B550M Mortar | Palit 3070 GamingPro LHR + Bykski N-PT3070PRO-X | Corsair RM750 | Alphacool EPDM + QDC | Aquacomputer Quadro + HighFlow2 | EK D5 XTOP | Freezemod 360 30mm rad + Barrow Dabel-20b 360 20mm | Barrow & Freezemod fittings | Corsair 5000D Airflow

Audio: beyerdynamic DT 900 Pro X + iFi ZEN Air DAC + Razer Seiren Mini

On 2/14/2022 at 9:29 PM, fonzz1e said:

looks like noctua, I suspect could by waterblock contact issue

I reseated the waterblock again. It was too tight maybe and too much paste cause it was sticking on the backplate too much.

So i changed the rad fans to all intake and changed the paste to kryonaut again. Getting a little bit better results, idling now at 38-39c, water temp 25-30c, ambient is about 24-26c, gpu temps idling at 26-28c. While gaming tho cpu temp still goes up to the 70s.

10 hours ago, SidneyDean said:

So i changed the rad fans to all intake and changed the paste to kryonaut again. Getting a little bit better results, idling now at 38-39c, water temp 25-30c, ambient is about 24-26c, gpu temps idling at 26-28c. While gaming tho cpu temp still goes up to the 70s.

what case do you have?

and like other said there both gpu and cpu are hot.

I have dyslexia plz be kind to me. dont like my post dont read it or respond thx

Corsair Lian Li Bykski Barrow thermaltake nzxt aquacomputer 5v argb pin out guide + argb info

21 hours ago, thrasher_565 said:

what case do you have?

and like other said there both gpu and cpu are hot.

ROG Helios

BBE7F4E1-7AA2-4347-B879-40AC95A16250.jpeg

999F9D1B-E119-4198-BFA7-D073C861FA15.jpeg

9 hours ago, SidneyDean said:

ROG Helios

it looks like the front is closed off and im guessing air comes from this sides? no wonder why your temps are high. 

7 hours ago, thrasher_565 said:

it looks like the front is closed off and im guessing air comes from this sides? no wonder why your temps are high. 

Both rads (top and front) are intakes.

19 hours ago, SidneyDean said:

Both rads (top and front) are intakes.

He means the front panel on the case. Have a shot of that?

Also, loop order doesn't matter.

6 hours ago, Slizzo said:

He means the front panel on the case. Have a shot of that?

Also, loop order doesn't matter.

front panel has a filter