Getting high temps on custom loop while gaming.

Switched the fans to all intake for the rads and just found out i was monitoring cpu package temp instead of cpu core hence the higher readings. It’s all good now.

12DE3168-7F49-4CB5-A1A8-8C75304564CE.jpeg

AF2F6ADD-E860-4881-83E3-1C4465C6B5EA.jpeg

668F1877-3A9C-4E57-A591-A16A0F1ED908.jpeg

• 5 months later...

may i ask what is this that you are using to monitor the temps at the right corner of your case next to the psu? because i intend on doing the same loop on the rog helios as well is it good and offering good temps?

2 hours ago, Samy Mohamed Samy said:

may i ask what is this that you are using to monitor the temps at the right corner of your case next to the psu? because i intend on doing the same loop on the rog helios as well is it good and offering good temps?

It’s the Barrowch FBEHD-01 monitor. I use AIDA64 by the way.

14 minutes ago, SidneyDean said:

It’s the Barrowch FBEHD-01 monitor. I use AIDA64 by the way.

Where did you get that template or you created it yourself ? And do you have a coolant temp sensor to display it on the aida64? And is the case giving you good thermals under load ?

1 hour ago, Samy Mohamed Samy said:

Where did you get that template or you created it yourself ? And do you have a coolant temp sensor to display it on the aida64? And is the case giving you good thermals under load ?

This template i created myself based on another template. And yes, i have temp sensor connected to the motherboard.

2 hours ago, SidneyDean said:

This template i created myself based on another template. And yes, i have temp sensor connected to the motherboard.

I see , and what are you using to control the fan rgb and rpm? You're using commander pro and icue right ? Did you encounter issues with it?

5 hours ago, Samy Mohamed Samy said:

I see , and what are you using to control the fan rgb and rpm? You're using commander pro and icue right ? Did you encounter issues with it?

Nothing just the bios, not even armoury crate. I have the asus rog fan controller but don’t use it at all. Just daisy chain and connect to motherboard. My fans are all black, no rgb. I don’t have any corsair products on that build at all. 😂 

5D5432BF-9426-49E8-8C3D-2961AF41D690.jpeg

3B579BA7-BE1C-447B-AD8B-8495CDE0FC7B.jpeg

oh dang it XD well last question if the helios holding well in terms of temps to your gpu and cpu? ( you have both your rads as intake and only 1 exhaust fan at the back right?)

1 hour ago, Samy Mohamed Samy said:

oh dang it XD well last question if the helios holding well in terms of temps to your gpu and cpu? ( you have both your rads as intake and only 1 exhaust fan at the back right?)

Not anymore, i noticed that temps are better that way but aesthetically not good so i changed to intake on the front and exhaust on top and on the rear. Temps are not the best but it’s not bad either.

17 hours ago, SidneyDean said:

Not anymore, i noticed that temps are better that way but aesthetically not good so i changed to intake on the front and exhaust on top and on the rear. Temps are not the best but it’s not bad either.

was it a noticable difference or just 2-3 degrees? and what's your degrees overall?

it was i think around 5 degrees or less. i don't really pay attention to temps anymore mainly because with watercooling you don't really notice any overheating so i don't really pay attention to the temps anymore. all i do is just maintain the loop, change the fluids every so often, and once a year do a complete teardown and clean the pump and the cold plates and the tubes, top off the rads and all that. i literally don't care about the temps as long as it doesn't overheat. 😆

7 hours ago, SidneyDean said:

it was i think around 5 degrees or less. i don't really pay attention to temps anymore mainly because with watercooling you don't really notice any overheating so i don't really pay attention to the temps anymore. all i do is just maintain the loop, change the fluids every so often, and once a year do a complete teardown and clean the pump and the cold plates and the tubes, top off the rads and all that. i literally don't care about the temps as long as it doesn't overheat. 😆

I see , btw what coolant are you using ? And it seem to be a colored coolant so does that coolant leave gunk when you're cleaning your tubes? And how frequently do you change your coolant and how do you clean your tubes ? Thank you very much for taking the time to respond to me I really appreciate it I was worried of getting the rog helios but I'm certain of buying it for my next loop now just cuz of you , the helios got high build quality right ?

29 minutes ago, Samy Mohamed Samy said:

I see , btw what coolant are you using ? And it seem to be a colored coolant so does that coolant leave gunk when you're cleaning your tubes? And how frequently do you change your coolant and how do you clean your tubes ? Thank you very much for taking the time to respond to me I really appreciate it I was worried of getting the rog helios but I'm certain of buying it for my next loop now just cuz of you , the helios got high build quality right ?

EK blood red cryofuel. It stains but not as much junk as the solid colored ones.

2 minutes ago, SidneyDean said:

EK blood red cryofuel. It stains but not as much junk as the solid colored ones.

I see and how do you clean your tubes from those stains?