LTT NFT

nobodynobody

Don't be fooled, every time you see an NFT that sold for insane amounts of money it's all rigged and not actual money going from A to B and staying there.

LTT would likely be much more successful in doing a "normal" fundraiser should they be interested in that than an NFT, especially given how much of the actual tech community is extremely hostile towards NFTs.  

They would likely lose a significant portion of their supporters in addition to not raising much.

F@H
Desktop: i9-13900K, ASUS Z790-E, 64GB DDR5-6000 CL36, RTX3080, 2TB MP600 Pro XT, 2TB SX8200Pro, 2x16TB Ironwolf RAID0, Corsair HX1200, Antec Vortex 360 AIO, Thermaltake Versa H25 TG, Samsung 4K curved 49" TV, 23" secondary, Mountain Everest Max

Mobile SFF rig: i9-9900K, Noctua NH-L9i, Asrock Z390 Phantom ITX-AC, 32GB, GTX1070, 2x1TB SX8200Pro RAID0, 2x5TB 2.5" HDD RAID0, Athena 500W Flex (Noctua fan), Custom 4.7l 3D printed case

Asus Zenbook UM325UA, Ryzen 7 5700u, 16GB, 1TB, OLED

GPD Win 2

Nfts are built to be a scam. A pyramid scheme actually. All those big sales are fake. It's just a person with multiple accounts selling their nft between themselves to lure in people.

It also feels FAR bigger than it is. Only 400.000 wallets are connected to nfts. Thats like nothing at all. And of those 400.000 who knows how many duplicates there are.

It's all a scam in the end and no money will be made without hurting others.

So they can literally just do a fundraiser with some art as prizes or whatever and it will accomplish more than nft crap ever will. You'll even OWN the artwork.

1 hour ago, Ali_H said:

After the last couple of WAN shows, it seems (at least for me) that Linus, as well as many of this community, are not sure whether NFTs are good or not.

I just would like to share an idea that LTT might try to experiment with NFTs, and see how it goes, the idea is:

1. To make a beeple style piece of art, that -for example- contains the thumbnails of all LTT videos.
  2. Sell it for the highest bidder.
  3. Use "most" of the money to build and/or purchase computers for those who struggle, at the international level.

I specifically stated the word most in quotations as some of the generated money should go to pay the staff behind organizing such a sale, as well as Linus himself. It will be a very difficult job, but the good that comes from it is immeasurable.

I've been watching LTT for many years, and the one video that stands out for me is when Linus expressed his opinion about the consumerism culture in the " I've been thinking of retiring. " video. I believe that such an act of helping people in need will ease those feelings... 

Of course, this is COMPLETLY up to Linus (and Yvonne the mastermind), and I urge this community to share this post so he might consider it.

Best regards.

Right... and NFT overall will gain some sort of extra hype due to :
"See?, LTT, one of the biggest tech tubers makes NFT as well"

While in terms of backlash, LTT will be the one taking most if not all of it.

As for build or purchase PC for those who cant afford it.
There is fundraising.
Can also use some percentage of the profit from merch selling
There's also sponsored build like ROG Rig Reboot., can always ask if ASUS can lower the spec but sponsor many instead 1 super high end.

Various ways without the need to use NFT or any blockchain stuffs, really.

There is approximately 99% chance I edited my post

Refresh before you reply

ENGLISH IS NOT MY NATIVE LANGUAGE, NOT EVEN 2ND LANGUAGE. PLEASE FORGIVE ME FOR ANY CONFUSION AND/OR MISUNDERSTANDING THAT MAY HAPPEN BECAUSE OF IT.

7 minutes ago, ShrimpBrime said:

NFT threads popping off around this forum!

BUFU

Well, an endorsement by a big name, is always good to increase hype power.
Even if it's an indirect one.

There is approximately 99% chance I edited my post

Refresh before you reply

ENGLISH IS NOT MY NATIVE LANGUAGE, NOT EVEN 2ND LANGUAGE. PLEASE FORGIVE ME FOR ANY CONFUSION AND/OR MISUNDERSTANDING THAT MAY HAPPEN BECAUSE OF IT.

Well, everyone is shilling crypto in the mainstream now so why not throw nfts into the dumpster fire. 

It's amazing how people are jumping onto the hypetrain express.

After the last couple of WAN shows, it seems (at least for me) that Linus, as well as many of this community, are not sure whether NFTs are good or not.

I'm sorry OP, but NFT are despised, and for good reasons. Nothing to be unsure about. In their current implementation, NFT are only meant for bragging rights or to scam investors.

LTT would take enormous backlash from minting an NFT. And chances are the NFT would sell for peanuts or not sell at all unless Linus buys it from himself (which is the modus operandi of the NFT community at large). LTT also has a successfull physical merch store and can make physical goods which are better all around. It really says something that you can make and deliver a physical hat and it will emit less CO2 than minting and selling a picture of an hat.

On 1/30/2022 at 8:10 AM, Dreckssackblase said:

blockchain

blockchain is cool for the right stuff, its just that blockchain shouldnt be used for nfts at all.

|:Insert something funny:|

-----------------

#

54 minutes ago, adarw said:

blockchain is cool for the right stuff, its just that blockchain shouldnt be used for nfts at all.

I still haven't heard of any supposed advanteages of the blockchain except that it's "decentralized" atleast it is while the chain is still fairly small. nobody will host a 100TB blockchain with no gain to themselves and soon enough it will be in the hands of a select few powerful agents in the cryptospace.

Also there's the issue of forking, where a powerful node provider on the system could just disagree with the state of the current chain and branch off.

really besides it being decentralizied, it is just a terribly slow and inefficient Database running in append only mode.

NFTs are horrible for the environment. IIRC they're even worse then mining crypto. 

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

NFTs are just used for money laundering. Do you honestly think anyone in the NFT realm cares about art? The same goes to art collectors though probably. At least art collectors are into preserving history, not promoting garbage.

NFTS are a scam. Anyone who supports them should be put on a list, and you wont like the results of that list. Again This is just another way for people to steal peoples money, and call it something else. If we dont punish people who continue to try doing this, then its just gonna happen more often.

On 1/30/2022 at 1:02 PM, Ali_H said:

1. To make a beeple style piece of art, that -for example- contains the thumbnails of all LTT videos.

Who wants to buy a f***ing video thumbnail?

On 1/30/2022 at 1:02 PM, Ali_H said:

Use "most" of the money to build and/or purchase computers for those who struggle, at the international level.

Oh right "those who struggle' ... you right? You're talking about Linus building you a PC.

On 1/30/2022 at 5:02 AM, Ali_H said:

-snip-

So...your idea about Linus thinking whether or not NFT's are good or bad is to create a NFT (effectively supporting it) and giving away the proceeds (which has nothing to do with the feeling bad regarding NFT's).  

It's like someone wondering whether or not something is a pyramid scheme and suggesting that they might as well enter it, and donate the proceeds to make it "right"....because realistically if Linus wanted to do something like giveaways he could easily just run a fundraiser and likely get a similar amount.

3735928559 - Beware of the dead beef

On 1/30/2022 at 8:02 AM, Ali_H said:

I just would like to share an idea that LTT might try to experiment with NFTs, and see how it goes, the idea is:

3. Use "most" of the money to build and/or purchase computers for those who struggle, at the international level.

I specifically stated the word most in quotations as some of the generated money should go to pay the staff behind organizing such a sale, as well as Linus himself. It will be a very difficult job, but the good that comes from it is immeasurable.

I've been watching LTT for many years, and the one video that stands out for me is when Linus expressed his opinion about the consumerism culture in the " I've been thinking of retiring. " video. I believe that such an act of helping people in need will ease those feelings... 

Of course, this is COMPLETLY up to Linus (and Yvonne the mastermind), and I urge this community to share this post so he might consider it.

Best regards.

Pretty silly to spend money for those that "struggle to build/purchase PC's" when you have people struggling to eat or have shelter at night. Computers are not a NEED, let's stop treating them like one. Reminds me of those Youtube videos where they grab a homeless person, get them a nice haircut and fancy new clothes and expect them to magically turn their lives around simply because they look better. Meanwhile, people stop giving them money because why would I give a random dude on the street corner a $20 when he has a pair of Yeezy's on? lol.

No point in me echoing the sentiment of NFT's as it seems this thread has done a good job of doing this for me. Just because you can do something doesn't always mean that you should. 

My (incomplete) memory overclocking guide: 

Does memory speed impact gaming performance? Click here to find out!

On 1/2/2017 at 9:32 PM, MageTank said:

Sometimes, we all need a little inspiration.

Right click, save image. That easy 😎

GAMING RIG:

CPU: Ryzen 5 5800X3D

MOBO: ASUS TUF Gaming X570 PLUS (Wi-Fi)

RAM: 32GB G.Skill Ripjaws @ 3600MHz

GPU: PowerColor Fighter RX 6700 XT

STORAGE: 500GB Crucial MX500 M.2 (Boot Drive) / 500GB Crucial SATA / 1TB WD HDD

CASE: Dimas Tech EasyBench V3.0

VR RIG:

CPU: Ryzen 7 5700x

MOBO: MSI B550 Gaming GEN3

RAM: 32GB G.Skill Ripjaws @ 3600MHz

GPU: Zotac AMP! 2080 Super

STORAGE: 250GB ADATA SSD / 500GB WD Blue SSD / 1TB WD Blue HD

13 hours ago, Amias said:

Who wants to buy a f***ing video thumbnail?

I will make it sound even more stupid of an idea than you did:

You can download the thumbnails and do whatever you want with them.

NFTs don't make sense unless you wanna do something shady like pyramid schemes and money laundering.

A PC Enthusiast since 2011
AMD Ryzen 7 5700X@4.65GHz | GIGABYTE GTX 1660 GAMING OC @ Core 2085MHz Memory 5000MHz
Cinebench R23: 15669cb | Unigine Superposition 1080p Extreme: 3566