1842,00$ Beast UNERALLL!!! You can buy it!!!!!!

PachkataMMA

Board is far too expensive and offers no benefits over lower priced better/equal quality boards.

Psu is really really bad don't get that it will very likely die in this rig.

Ssd is small and dram less not great. Just skip the hdd and go full ssd at this point.

Spend the 20€ on a hyper 212 class cooler so the pc is at least silent at most times it's a big game changer.

Ram is 3200mhz cl18 get 3600mhz cl16 you'll get a noticeable performance uplift for basically no extra money.

2 minutes ago, jaslion said:

Board is far too expensive and offers no benefits over lower priced better/equal quality boards.

Psu is really really bad don't get that it will very likely die in this rig.

Ssd is small and dram less not great. Just skip the hdd and go full ssd at this point.

Spend the 20€ on a hyper 212 class cooler so the pc is at least silent at most times it's a big game changer.

Ram is 3200mhz cl18 get 3600mhz cl16 you'll get a noticeable performance uplift for basically no extra money.

i think board is good but the ram can't be higher bcs of the cpu, cpu's max is 3200

1 minute ago, PachkataMMA said:

i think board is good

Board however is fine but there is equally good if not better board to be had for a good bit less money.

3 minutes ago, PachkataMMA said:

but the ram can't be higher bcs of the cpu, cpu's max is 3200

That is not true. The max default profile support is 3200mhz. But the best ram for it is 3600mhz cl16. You'll easily get a 10% cpu and up to 15% integrated graphics boost(not that it matters here). Ryzen supports up to 5000mhz+ technically.

1 minute ago, jaslion said:

Board however is fine but there is equally good if not better board to be had for a good bit less money.

That is not true. The max default profile support is 3200mhz. But the best ram for it is 3600mhz cl16. You'll easily get a 10% cpu and up to 15% integrated graphics boost(not that it matters here). Ryzen supports up to 5000mhz+ technically.

its my first time i hear that ryzen cpu's support more than 3600mhz but this one i knew it was max to 3200mhz

its my first time i hear that ryzen cpu's support more than 3600mhz but this one i knew it was max to 3200mhz

3200mhz isn't the max. All ryzen cpu's support over 3600mhz but they run best at 3600mhz. Why? Their memory controller runs at 1800mhz. This means that 3600mhz runs 1 to 1 with the memory controller.

Why do I say 1 to 1? Well for every one thing the controller does the memory also does exactly one thing. They don't need to wait for eachother. You might say 1800mhz and 3600mhz are not the same BUT ddr stands for double data rate. So if you divide 3600 / 2 you get the actual frequency of the memory before it gets transformed.

This is also why ryzen will do worse with faster or slower memory because of the controller and memory not running 1 to 1.

Also the timings (cl16, cl18,...) matter a lot and cl16 or lower is recommended to get optimal performance from ryzen.

8 minutes ago, jaslion said:

well in that situation 16GB(2x8GB) DDR4 4400MHz, Gigabyte AORUS (GP-ARS16G44), 1.35V, RGB would be better 🙂

Just now, PachkataMMA said:

well in that situation 16GB(2x8GB) DDR4 4400MHz, Gigabyte AORUS (GP-ARS16G44), 1.35V, RGB would be better 🙂

No, it wouldn't. Now you're trying to pair 2200 mhz and 1800 mhz. Now it's not 1:1 still. You get funky things happening.

Is this a build you're looking for help with or what?

I'm not actually trying to be as grumpy as it seems.

I will find your mentions of Ikea or Gnome and I will /s post. 

Project Hot Box

CPU 13900k, Motherboard Gigabyte Aorus Elite AX, RAM CORSAIR Vengeance 4x16gb 5200 MHZ, GPU Zotac RTX 4090 Trinity OC, Case Fractal Pop Air XL, Storage Sabrent Rocket Q4 2tbCORSAIR Force Series MP510 1920GB NVMe, CORSAIR FORCE Series MP510 960GB NVMe, PSU CORSAIR HX1000i, Cooling Corsair XC8 CPU block, Bykski GPU block, 360mm and 280mm radiator, Displays Odyssey G9, LG 34UC98-W 34-Inch,Keyboard Mountain Everest Max, Mouse Mountain Makalu 67, Sound AT2035, Massdrop 6xx headphones, Go XLR 

Oppbevaring

CPU i9-9900k, Motherboard, ASUS Rog Maximus Code XI, RAM, 48GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB 3200 mhz (2x16)+(2x8) GPUs Asus ROG Strix 2070 8gb, PNY 1080, Nvidia 1080, Case Mining Frame, 2x Storage Samsung 860 Evo 500 GB, PSU Corsair RM1000x and RM850x, Cooling Asus Rog Ryuo 240 with Noctua NF-12 fans

Why is the 5800x so hot?

1 minute ago, IkeaGnome said:

No, it wouldn't. Now you're trying to pair 2200 mhz and 1800 mhz. Now it's not 1:1 still. You get funky things happening.

Is this a build you're looking for help with or what?

no but i was just thinking for the price that it is a insane build

Not it wouldn't be better.

As I said ryzen runs better one to one. 1800mhz does not equal 2200mhz.

Also that ram is cl19 a cl16 kit of 3000mhz would be faster

1 minute ago, the gamer that is bad said:

the best case would probably be 3600 with the lowest cache timings you could get cl 16 or cl14

something like this https://www.newegg.com/corsair-16gb-288-pin-ddr4-sdram/p/N82E16820236777?Item=9SIAVF1HDC9661&Description=3600 cl14&cm_re=3600_cl14-_-20-236-777-_-Product&quicklink=true

well i have to update my build 😞

Just now, PachkataMMA said:

Yeah. it is. 

5700g instead of 5800x? Why have the lower CPU power for integrated graphics? 

3200 mhz instead of 3600 mhz. 

Tier D dramless boot drive. 

Tier D PSU.

Only a 3060 in a $1800 build. 

Box cooler is way too small for the 5700g to do much.

I'm having a hard time finding where all the money is spent. 

Project Hot Box

CPU 13900k, Motherboard Gigabyte Aorus Elite AX, RAM CORSAIR Vengeance 4x16gb 5200 MHZ, GPU Zotac RTX 4090 Trinity OC, Case Fractal Pop Air XL, Storage Sabrent Rocket Q4 2tbCORSAIR Force Series MP510 1920GB NVMe, CORSAIR FORCE Series MP510 960GB NVMe, PSU CORSAIR HX1000i, Cooling Corsair XC8 CPU block, Bykski GPU block, 360mm and 280mm radiator, Displays Odyssey G9, LG 34UC98-W 34-Inch,Keyboard Mountain Everest Max, Mouse Mountain Makalu 67, Sound AT2035, Massdrop 6xx headphones, Go XLR 

Oppbevaring

CPU i9-9900k, Motherboard, ASUS Rog Maximus Code XI, RAM, 48GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB 3200 mhz (2x16)+(2x8) GPUs Asus ROG Strix 2070 8gb, PNY 1080, Nvidia 1080, Case Mining Frame, 2x Storage Samsung 860 Evo 500 GB, PSU Corsair RM1000x and RM850x, Cooling Asus Rog Ryuo 240 with Noctua NF-12 fans

Why is the 5800x so hot?

Just now, Caroline said:

Not this again please, there's people doing backups you know? storing media, downloading stuff, even running servers. Not all computers are built to play games.

I have had multiple SSD’s in any machine I’ve owned since maybe 2011 or so.

My current machine is a now 6 year old thinkpad and even that has 2 nvme SSD’s and a sata ssd in it

mechanical hard drives are for 2 people

1) people who can’t save enough money for an ssd

2) people who are hoarding data for some reason they’ll never see or use 

23 minutes ago, 8tg said:

This is a little silly. Yes, the gap between HDDs and SSDs has certainly been somewhat bridged in terms of GB/$, but it's still significant enough to recognize the fact that HDDs have a real purpose beyond someone who "can't save enough money" for an SSD.

could place all of my storage on SSDs (and I actually do for my main rig), but if I had to add more expanded storage in excess of 2TB, why would I do that when I can pay less for a hard drive and put the rest of my money somewhere else? Diverse use cases and situations are still a thing and will continue to be a thing until SSD prices really fall through the floor.

It's entirely possible that I misinterpreted/misread your topic and/or question. This happens more often than I care to admit. Apologies in advance.

珠江 (Pearl River): CPU: Intel i7-12700K (8p4e/20t); Motherboard: ASUS TUF Gaming Plus Z690 WiFi; RAM: G.Skill TridentZ RGB 32GB (2x16GB) DDR4 @3200MHz CL16; Cooling Solution: NZXT Kraken Z53 240mm AIO, w/ 2x Lian Li ST120 RGB Fans; GPU: EVGA Nvidia GeForce RTX 3080 10GB FTW3 Ultra; Storage: Samsung 980 Pro, 1TB; Samsung 970 EVO, 1TB; Crucial MX500, 2TB; PSU: Corsair RM850x; Case: Lian Li Lancool II Mesh RGB, Black; Display(s): Primary: ASUS ROG Swift PG279QM (1440p 27" 240 Hz); Secondary: Acer Predator XB1 XB241H bmipr (1080p 24" 144 Hz, 165 Hz OC); Case Fans: 1x Lian Li ST120 RGB Fan, 3x stock RGB fans; Capture Card: Elgato HD60 Pro

翻生 (Resurrection): CPU: 2x Intel Xeon E5-2620 v2; Motherboard: ASUS Z9PR-D12 (C602 chipset) SSI-EEB; RAM: Crucial 32GB (8x4GB) DDR3 ECC RAM; Cooling Solution: 2x Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO; GPU: ASRock Intel ARC A380 Challenger ITX; StorageCrucial MX500, 500GB; PSU: Super Flower Leadex III 750W; Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro; Expansion Card: TP-Link Archer T4E AC1200 PCIe Wi-Fi Adapter Display(s): Dell P2214HB (1080p 22" 60 Hz)

壯麗 (Glorious): Mainboard: Framework Mainboard w/ Intel Core i5-1135G7; RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws 32GB (2x16GB) DDR4 SODIMM @3200MHz CL22; eGPU: Razer Core X eGPU Enclosure w/ (between GPUs at the moment); Storage: Samsung 970 EVO Plus, 1TB; Display(s): Internal Display: Framework Display; External Display: Acer (unknown model) (1080p, 21" 75 Hz)

17 minutes ago, 8tg said:

I have had multiple SSD’s in any machine I’ve owned since maybe 2011 or so.

My current machine is a now 6 year old thinkpad and even that has 2 nvme SSD’s and a sata ssd in it

Thats a very pretentious and ignorant thing to say.

Just because YOU don't see a use case for a mechanical HDD, that doesn't make them useless.

PSU Tier List   AMD Motherboard Tier List   SSD Tier List

If your issue is resolved, please share the fix with the community.

24 minutes ago, 8tg said:

Who is buying a hard drive in 2022.

we have moved beyond spinning media, at least 5 years ago 

Sorry for being poor

-sigh- feeling like I'm being too negative lately

Just now, Moonzy said:

Sorry for being poor

I bought quite a few for permanent use last year. What does that make me 😞 

Project Hot Box

Oppbevaring

Why is the 5800x so hot?

23 minutes ago, 8tg said:

1) that is where we come in to recommend or help them get a ssd or a good future plan like smaller drive now bigger one later. Not everyone has all the money all the time

2) I have 1.8tb of data that gets used very frequently and 4tb of stuff that gets looked at at least once a month. There are plenty of reasons to have a big data library. Mine is mostly references, textures, past projects, current projects, handy things to keep around (video's, documents,...) all the very useful stuff. My case is a bit more special but like there are also Plex servers, (this isn't even that rare anymore in households. I've seen ready made plex boxes being sold here and there and even know of 2 friends parents that got them for themselves) , a nas, home security, cheap large extra desktop storage to keep your main ssd a bit more free from other less important or frequently used things,...

Plenty of reasons to get a hdd which basically always boil down to it's cheap mass storage and it is fast enough for the usecase.

56 minutes ago, PachkataMMA said:

Not even remotely. Not actually a good price at all. 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X · Cooler: Artic Liquid Freezer II 280 · Motherboard: MSI MEG X570 Unify · RAM: G.skill Ripjaws V 2x16GB 3600MHz CL16 (2Rx8) · Graphics Card: ASUS GeForce RTX 3060 Ti TUF Gaming · Boot Drive: 500GB WD Black SN750 M.2 NVMe SSD · Game Drive: 2TB Crucial MX500 SATA SSD · PSU: Corsair White RM850x 850W 80+ Gold · Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow · Monitor: MSI Optix MAG342CQR 34” UWQHD 3440x1440 144Hz · Keyboard: Corsair K100 RGB Optical-Mechanical Gaming Keyboard (OPX Switch) · Mouse: Corsair Ironclaw RGB Wireless Gaming Mouse

47 minutes ago, Caroline said:

Not this again please, there's people doing backups you know? storing media, downloading stuff, even running servers. Not all computers are built to play games.

true, but this is obviously "meant" to be a gaming pc and hdds are fine for backups as an external device, but having it *in* your pc really makes things very sluggish. 

to OP: if you're actually planning to make such a pc should post in builds and ask for recommendations,  because it looks all to be low / quality/ terrible value to me, the only ok thing is the GPU lol.

The direction tells you... the direction

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

Corsair Link (Anime Edition) 

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

-= Moved to New Builds and Planning =-

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

3 hours ago, PachkataMMA said:

Lmfao

Amd apus perform abit worse than their cpu counterparts so not ideal here when you are gonna buy a gpu anyways, 5800x or 12700(f) would be a better choice here

Board is wayyyyy overrpiced for what you are getting, b550a pro/tomahawk or steel legend/extreme4 would be a better pick

Psu is only 80+ white, it wont blow up but certainly not ideal, a better quality psu is preffered though avoid gigabyte as they  made a few exploding psus like the pgm

Ditch the hdd and get a 1tb ssd, you can add an hdd later on when you need the extra storage

Rams are slow, prefferably get a cheap ram that overclocks well like ballistix but if not then get the cheapest possible rams and hope you get a decent hynix die like cjr/djr even though they suck ass with timings atleast theyll do 4500+ as long as you are ok with garbage cl19 timings

Only thing good about this build is the case cause its actually a mesh case, its even rgb too