Associated Press is going to start selling NFTs of their photos

spartaman64
12 hours ago, poochyena said:

They are selling human suffering. Its good to record depictions of human suffering as a journalist to cover the news of the event happening, but to take these images and video and turn them from high quality journalism to a commodity is disgusting. Its like the difference between giving a homeless man a 1 dollar bill vs tossing a bunch of quarters at him to watch him pick the money up for your own amusement. Its dehumanizing.

Those pictures and video were sold in the first place

One day I will be able to play Monster Hunter Frontier in French/Italian/English on my PC, it's just a matter of time... 4 5 6 7 8 9 years later: It's finally coming!!!

Phones: iPhone 4S/SE | LG V10 | Lumia 920 | Samsung S24 Ultra

Laptops: Macbook Pro 15" (mid-2012) | Compaq Presario V6000

Other: Steam Deck

<>EVs are bad, they kill the planet and remove freedoms too some/<>

1 minute ago, suicidalfranco said:

Those pictures and video were sold in the first place

They were serving the purpose of informing the public of news and current affairs that are in the publics interest. Now they're just being sold off as trophies for speculative investors in the hope that their value might rise. I can understand the point of view of Poochyena and others are saying that it is in poor taste to use images depicting human suffering in their NFT scheme - and it seems AP is aware of that as they have pulled the NFT from sale.

image.png

https://twitter.com/AssociatedPress/status/1497018097827741696

(1 of 1)
(2 of 2)
That's not how that works...

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

5 hours ago, Spotty said:

They were serving the purpose of informing the public of news and current affairs that are in the publics interest. Now they're just being sold off as trophies for speculative investors in the hope that their value might rise. I can understand the point of view of Poochyena and others are saying that it is in poor taste to use images depicting human suffering in their NFT scheme - and it seems AP is aware of that as they have pulled the NFT from sale.

snip

https://twitter.com/AssociatedPress/status/1497018097827741696

(1 of 1)
(2 of 2)
That's not how that works...

https://saigoneer.com/vietnam-news/4637-nick-ut-s-napalm-girl-photo-sells-for-11-750-at-auction

tell me where's the difference

One day I will be able to play Monster Hunter Frontier in French/Italian/English on my PC, it's just a matter of time... 4 5 6 7 8 9 years later: It's finally coming!!!

13 hours ago, poochyena said:

No one involved is profiting off of it, except for the charity. With AP's NFTs, both AP and the buyer, at the very least attempting to, profit off it.

yes cause whoever bought napalm girl, only did it for donation and not in hope of it gaining more value at a later date

7 hours ago, suicidalfranco said:

yes cause whoever bought napalm girl, only did it for donation and not in hope of it gaining more value at a later date

correct