Anime Club - Heaven Society

JLCitadel

Whoa watching YouTube video and the suddenly everything starts being clunky and unresponsive. Task manager dies... I notice the c drive is at 100% usage before it dies. I restart the computer since nothing works... Post screen the it says missing operating system. Boot device led on mobile is red. Fuck me did my SSD just die?

R.I.P. freds ssd 

Please quote me or tag me if your trying to talk to me , I might see it through all my other notifications ^_^

Spoiler
Spoiler
the current list of dead cards is as follows 2 evga gtx 980ti acx 2.0 , 1 evga gtx 980 acx 2.0 1600mhz core 2100mhz ram golden chip card ... failed hardcore , 1 290x that caught fire , 1 hd 7950 .

may you all rest in peaces in the giant pc in the sky

Whoa watching YouTube video and the suddenly everything starts being clunky and unresponsive. Task manager dies... I notice the c drive is at 100% usage before it dies. I restart the computer since nothing works... Post screen the it says missing operating system. Boot device led on mobile is red. Fuck me did my SSD just die?

It's a sign from the hardware gods. A sign telling you to take a break from all your YouTubing.

Should take it apart and post pics.

check the cables to the SSD, or the sata port.

Noooooo my SSD is dead. Fucking OCZ quality...

should've got a crucial they are quality and crucial is a part of Micron who are samsungs biggest competitors(except for sk hynix but iirc they only make ram chips)

Spoiler

My system is the Dell Inspiron 15 5559 Microsoft Signature Edition

The Austrailian king of LTT said that I'm awesome and a funny guy. the greatest psu list known to man DDR3 ram guide

i got 477 posts in my first 30 days on LinusTechTips.com

Don't be too harsh, now :) Everyone starts somewhere, and that's usually with whatever's popular at the time (unless they have a quirky friend who gets them into their own favorite anime or something). I mean, I started with Yamato and Astroboy. Can't exactly call those niche titles of their time, though nostalgia being what it is I'd certainly count them as gems.

no, I'm being 100% serious, you do need to know what rocks are.

we were all in elementary school and most of us probably got to look at rocks at one point and thought they were cool

thanks to hip hop, now that I've got gold and ice crusted grills and a chain that scrapes the floor, rocks are comparatively mundane (this is a pun in Latin, more obscure jokes)

@MyInnerFred well let's be honest here, it had a long run. I'm thoroughly surprised when I see OCZ drives still alive (if they're not Vector drives)

You should have tried to squeeze in an RMA before Toshibe took over.

@Jacona I actually still use one for my HTPC lol, 64GB, totally on it's way out because it performs like a hard drive, but my HTPC is basically a Plex client, so it's retired to light duty.

I'm living with the expectation of it dying any day now.

My cousin has another OCZ Agility drive and we've both got Seagate ST3KM001 drives. Basically loading myself with storage time bombs.

Error: 410

@MyInnerFred , ocz .... well theirs your first problem 

Please quote me or tag me if your trying to talk to me , I might see it through all my other notifications ^_^

Spoiler
Spoiler
the current list of dead cards is as follows 2 evga gtx 980ti acx 2.0 , 1 evga gtx 980 acx 2.0 1600mhz core 2100mhz ram golden chip card ... failed hardcore , 1 290x that caught fire , 1 hd 7950 .

may you all rest in peaces in the giant pc in the sky

Speaking of things people shouldn't use.

Does anyone have/use a velociraptor? 

Ok... So the SSD is working now... Switched a cable... Maybe it's my PSU... Or the board... Time to start troubleshooting...

Like watching Anime? Consider joining the unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society~ ^.^

Ok... So the SSD is working now... Switched a cable... Maybe it's my PSU... Or the board... Time to start troubleshooting...

good luck

Spoiler

The Austrailian king of LTT said that I'm awesome and a funny guy. the greatest psu list known to man DDR3 ram guide

Speaking of things people shouldn't use.

Does anyone have/use a velociraptor? 

had one of those too

I think it was 10+ years old before it died on me

it sometimes wouldn't start up and it got stuck in a loop of taking so long to wake up from "turn off display" mode that the PC would end up turning the display back off before it could turn on.

I didn't know that was possible.

could have just been corrupting the driver, probably more likely.

Random button digging up more hhhhhnnnggg that I forget I have

had one of those too

I think it was 10+ years old before it died on me

it sometimes wouldn't start up and it got stuck in a loop of taking so long to wake up from "turn off display" mode that the PC would end up turning the display back off before it could turn on.

I didn't know that was possible.

could have just been corrupting the driver, probably more likely.

A 1TB velociraptor is $270 now, holy shit. 

I still can't get over that it comes with it's own heat-sink.

Was the real world speed any better than a regular 7200?

no, it was in the process of being lowered in it's grave from the day I got it

It was dated IIRC maybe 2004. I got it like 2012.

it sat in my drawer until I needed something for a kitchen bitch PC

it did last an impressively long time though.

there's no way anyone should lose data from having it die on them, the writing was on the wall for literally years.

Well, the "true" ending of Undertale took some serious effort, but it was pretty satisfying compared to other similar game endings I've seen. The only problem is that now I'll feel infinitely worse when I go back and be evil.

Kinda reminds me of Akayaka.

huh, getting totally different vibes there.

huh, getting totally different vibes there.

Definitely more lively, but seems like the sounds coming from everywhere in both like there's a definite right channel and left channel. 

Or maybe I'm just imagining things. 

Still got all my VelociRaptors :D only using 2 though. 3:rd is my "test shit and build random rigs" drive

Still got all my VelociRaptors :D only using 2 though. 3:rd is my "test shit and build random rigs" drive

here you guys are talking about the HDD's called Velociraptor and here i am just wanting to see the real raptor aka the Dilophosaurus 

Spoiler

OUR TS SERVER IS ON A FUCKING SHELF?! fuckin hell

Lol

Is that a new TS server? Just asking... :P