Anime Club - Heaven Society

JLCitadel

I've got an honest question. I'm spending a hell of a lot of money lately and here's where i'm at. I just bough my k7xx headphones and now im looking at an amp my first choice is the fiio e10k for $76 shipped, and my second choice is the schiit magni 2 and modi 2 and both of those total $200 to $300 depending on if i get the Uber edition or not. I know both are in completely different price brackets but heres my problem, I'm a firm believer in buy good quality once over cheap many times, but now I'm starting to run into my pc build budget for February. If i buy a $250ish dac/amp then its going to postpone my pc build, and my pc build is something im really looking forward to. Obviously even if i buy the latter or not, its not going to effect my bills in any way but in this situation where if you had a choice to buy the better product and end up postponing a build around a month or go with the cheap and possibly not effect it at all, which would you do? 

Do you guys think the schiit is way better considering the $150 plus price difference or is the difference marginal? 

You don't really need a DAC right now do you? I personally have the Magni 2 Uber and Modi 2 and they both work great. 

The AKG K7xx do sound more alive when you amp em up compared to when their not on a amp, I'd say just get a good amp and consider getting a DAC later on down the road. 

Like watching Anime? Consider joining the unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society~ ^.^

Not sure if I've asked this but... Are there dac+amps with XLR? since my Yeti pro has XLR I might as well use it and save USB ports...

maybe something like a 2i4 and analogue amp if needed?

Error: 410

Hmm, was think about the 2i4 as well but I think of an "all in one" solution..

I got my odac+O2 so I could just get the 2i4 right?

Guess I'm being picky again...

why the 2i4?

isn't the 2i2 enough?

|CPU: Intel i7-5960X @ 4.4ghz|MoBo: Asus Rampage V|RAM: 64GB Corsair Dominator Platinum|GPU:2-way SLI Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 980's|SSD:512GB Samsung 850 pro|HDD: 2TB WD Black|PSU: Corsair AX1200i|COOLING: NZXT Kraken x61|SOUNDCARD: Creative SBX ZxR|  ^_^  Planned Bedroom Build: Red Phantom [quadro is stuck in customs, still trying to find a cheaper way to buy a highend xeon]

I've got an honest question. I'm spending a hell of a lot of money lately and here's where i'm at. I just bough my k7xx headphones and now im looking at an amp my first choice is the fiio e10k for $76 shipped, and my second choice is the schiit magni 2 and modi 2 and both of those total $200 to $300 depending on if i get the Uber edition or not. I know both are in completely different price brackets but heres my problem, I'm a firm believer in buy good quality once over cheap many times, but now I'm starting to run into my pc build budget for February. If i buy a $250ish dac/amp then its going to postpone my pc build, and my pc build is something im really looking forward to. Obviously even if i buy the latter or not, its not going to effect my bills in any way but in this situation where if you had a choice to buy the better product and end up postponing a build around a month or go with the cheap and possibly not effect it at all, which would you do? 

Do you guys think the schiit is way better considering the $150 plus price difference or is the difference marginal? 

You dont need an amp and dac if your motherboard still works. I run my akg off the front panel. (hate me all you want.) Sounds fine and plenty loud. I keep it at 50% and still turn down audio sometimes.

Hmm, was think about the 2i4 as well but I think of a "all in one" solution..

I got my odac+O2 so I could just get the 2i4 right?

Guess I'm being picky again...

I thought it was an amp and dac combo. haven't looked for some time.

Blarg

decide if you need an amp (and you probably don't) after you actually own them

generally speaking a discrete DAC and amp pair is worth buying if you know you're going to be buying more stuff down the line.

Your motherboard will power it fine. An e10 will power a fair amount of things but is better treated as a "2-in-1" solution to replace onboard sound completely. An O2 amp will power anything below electrostatic. As long as your onboard isn't faulty and you don't have something (like a Beyer DT77/990)  that needs a stopgap between a legitimate DAC/amp and motherboard, don't bother with the e10.

you're hitting the fundamental fallacy here that you're going to spend 200+300$ for amazing audio, which is wrong. You could have just spent 500$ on something better without the same requirements. This is a hypothetical situation because the 7XX already "without requirements"

don't let people sell you things without understanding why you would and wouldn't need it.

go make a post in the audio subforum if I sound stupid or something

if it's not loud and you don't plan on collecting any time soon, then buy an e10. If it's loud enough on your motherboard then do nothing.

Heres the thing. audio in my pc completely sucks. i have noise coming though my speakers and headset, so getting something that eliminates the audio part of my board would help hence the need for a dac and amp. Im not gonna lie and say i will buy other headsets down the line since i kept my current of around 5 years, that being said theres not 1 review i have read online that say that the k7xx don't need at least an amp to function great. From what i herd is that they are flat without 1. Every review has said that a dac amp will improve the headset. whether its worth it or not, idk since its my first headset. From what i read even cheap amps have the power to push high end headphone but that doesnt mean that they will do it as good as the thing that has the same specs but is a better quality. I dont have the headset yet, but even still if its something that is worth it then why not give it a shot. I'd rather spend the extra money to get a good dac/amp now then buy a cheap 1 and replace it over and over. Its like buying a high end gpu every few years rather than upgrading every year, that said maybe the more expensive isn't something i need. 

Tsubasa (The 7680x1440 beast): CPU: Intel i7 8086k | Cooler: Fully Custom Rigid Loop MOBO: Asus Z370-I ITX | GPU: Nvidia Titan Xp Star Wars | RAM: 32Gb 2x16gb Gskill Trident Z RGB | SSD: Samsung 1TB 970 Evo Nvme, 2TB Micron Sata SSD | Case: Fractal Design Nano S | PSU: Corsair SF600 With Full custom cables  

You dont need an amp and dac if your motherboard still works. I run my akg off the front panel. (hate me all you want.) Sounds fine and plenty loud. I keep it at 50% and still turn down audio sometimes.

I've heard they sound flat without an amp, is this true

Tsubasa (The 7680x1440 beast): CPU: Intel i7 8086k | Cooler: Fully Custom Rigid Loop MOBO: Asus Z370-I ITX | GPU: Nvidia Titan Xp Star Wars | RAM: 32Gb 2x16gb Gskill Trident Z RGB | SSD: Samsung 1TB 970 Evo Nvme, 2TB Micron Sata SSD | Case: Fractal Design Nano S | PSU: Corsair SF600 With Full custom cables  

Lol

Is that a new TS server? Just asking... :P

No. :P

Me @Laputacake @Skybane and @TheGingerKid run  a small ts.

Not the main HSC ts

Cpu:

Intel i5 4460 Motherboard:Msi Z97S Sli krait Ram:HyperX Fury White (2x4) Storage:Seagate 1tb/Samsung 850 Evo 120gb Gpu:Gtx 960 2gb sc Case:S340 Black Psu:Corsair Rm 650w 80+ Gold certified

My anime list : http://myanimelist.net/animelist/KRImSIN

I've heard they sound flat without an amp, is this true

Dont know. Dont really have much to compare them to. They sound amazing against the skullcandy crushers. (only other option is the AKG Q701)

Blarg

No. :P

Me @Laputacake @Skybane and @TheGingerKid run  a small ts.

Not the main HSC ts

laputa needs to be fired , the server is down all the time xD 

or no ones on it .... 

Please quote me or tag me if your trying to talk to me , I might see it through all my other notifications ^_^

Spoiler
Spoiler
the current list of dead cards is as follows 2 evga gtx 980ti acx 2.0 , 1 evga gtx 980 acx 2.0 1600mhz core 2100mhz ram golden chip card ... failed hardcore , 1 290x that caught fire , 1 hd 7950 .

may you all rest in peaces in the giant pc in the sky

laputa needs to be fired , the server is down all the time xD 

or no ones on it .... 

No ones on it cause we are busy during the week :P

Cpu:

Intel i5 4460 Motherboard:Msi Z97S Sli krait Ram:HyperX Fury White (2x4) Storage:Seagate 1tb/Samsung 850 Evo 120gb Gpu:Gtx 960 2gb sc Case:S340 Black Psu:Corsair Rm 650w 80+ Gold certified

My anime list : http://myanimelist.net/animelist/KRImSIN

No ones on it cause we are busy during the week :P

touche' 

Please quote me or tag me if your trying to talk to me , I might see it through all my other notifications ^_^

Spoiler
Spoiler
the current list of dead cards is as follows 2 evga gtx 980ti acx 2.0 , 1 evga gtx 980 acx 2.0 1600mhz core 2100mhz ram golden chip card ... failed hardcore , 1 290x that caught fire , 1 hd 7950 .

I've had one too: I bought an OCZ Vertex 2 60GB SSD second-handed (!) from my godparent, for 100€... Yeah, I got ripped off real hard. It lived about 1,5 years in my usage, then it died. The next SSD purchase was Kingston SSDNow V300 120GB (apparently has scheibe memory controller or something, but I don't care).

I heard thr same about kingston I've been running a Kingston HyperX for a bit over a year now and tbh I'm ok with it I do know there are a lot faster SSD's but for me it's enough my computer got a significant speedboost

Deleted code is debugged code.

I heard thr same about kingston I've been running a Kingston HyperX for a bit over a year now and tbh I'm ok with it I do know there are a lot faster SSD's but for me it's enough my computer got a significant speedboost

the only kingstons to complain about are these fuckers here 

RXaCXlf.jpg

the dreaded v300 , those are mine and they are utter shit after 3tb of writes 

Spoiler
Spoiler

RXaCXlf.jpg

the dreaded v300 , those are mine and they are utter shit after 3tb of writes 

I don't have problem with mine, but I don't write on them often. Most writing happens on new OS installs, which aren't often.

Still faster than HDD's. Maybe not as much as other SSD's, but still gets faster load times and boot times.

Never trust my advice. Only take any and all advice from me with a grain of salt. Just a heads up.

My ssd seems to be getting slower. I have 7.5TB written on it also the sound on youtube videos rarely cuts out or freezes.

Can this be related to it?

e7a2j37.png

From salty to bath salty in 2.9 seconds

I don't have problem with mine, but I don't write on them often. Most writing happens on new OS installs, which aren't often.

Still faster than HDD's. Maybe not as much as other SSD's, but still gets faster load times and boot times.

i think both of my ssds are fubar , gon try and read from em again

@TheGingerKid @KingCry. I am going to just blame both of you because I want to overclock my system now to get higher scores on benchmarks. (Never said it was your fault. Just said I was blaming you.)

Also thanks KingCry.

lel your welcome ;P 

speaking of which i got 4.6ghz core and cache 24/7 stable on 1.17v 

Spoiler
Spoiler

RXaCXlf.jpg

the dreaded v300 , those are mine and they are utter shit after 3tb of writesDidn't know this thanks for pointing that out!

Deleted code is debugged code.