Anime Club - Heaven Society

JLCitadel

Who's hyping it? And what does it matter? It's just "moe girls in a tank club". You should know already whether you'll like it or not :)

I like the sound of tank club but now it really depends on how it is done for if I will like it or not. I watched Robotics;Notes and liked the robot club idea lol.

I like the sound of tank club but now it really depends on how it is done for if I will like it or not. I watched Robotics;Notes and liked the robot club idea lol.

Here's hoping you like more than just the idea :D

Perhaps there are 4 partitions on it?

I thought that.

In Linux, devices are listed as:

sda

sdb

sdc

sdd

sde

And so on.

sda might be your boot drive.

sdb might be a usb drive.

sdc might be a disc drive.

sdd might be a secondary hdd.

Etc.

If your boot drive is partitioned, the first partition wouldn't be sda and the second sdb.

The first partition would be sda1, while the second would be sda2.

Yet my PCI-e SSD is seen as the following by Linux:

sda - 120GB OCZ Revodrive 3 X

sdb - 120GB OCZ Revodrive 3 X

sdc - 120GB OCZ Revodrive 3 X

sdd - 120GB OCZ Revodrive 3 X

It's a single 480GB drive tho. And I can partition each of those separately.

It's cool, but weird. I could have 4 OS' on a single drive (technically) as long as they were all Linux with the last one being Windows.

I think the reason Linux sees it that way is because the actual controller on the drive itself sees itself that way, but Linux has the driver to see the hardware directly while the controller usually presents itself to Windows as a single large drive that is effectively in a 4 way RAID 0.

I don't know how using it like this will affect performance tho. I might hit a bottleneck on the drive since I'm directly accessing it this way and it's not in RAID with itself. May even get HDD speeds from it.

We'll see. :l

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

Here's hoping you like more than just the idea :D

lol that is probably why I hav not watched girls und panzer. Isn't that how most things work out, you start watching it because you like the idea of it since you never know if you will like it until you watch it.

It's an acquired taste. If you don't like it after a few episodes it's probably not going to please you overall, but those who like it tend to really like it.

Well considering i liked

Bokura ga ita

5b1047c3d8543b20971ccd275962630e.jpg

Lovely Complex

koizumiotani0601.jpg

Sakamichi no apollon

noitaminA-SakamichiNoApollon-KidsOnTheSl

Chihayafuru

chihayafuru_by_fritzvon-d5vwyf2.jpg

I think there's a big chance i'll like Nana's style.

Rig: I5-3570K@4.3Ghz - Cooler Thermaltake Frio Advanced - Ram Kingston 1333Mhz 8gb (2x4) - GPU GTX 970 4GD5T OC - Motherboard Z77MA-G45 - PSU CoolerMaster GX II 750w - Storage WD 500gb HDD - Sound Edifier M3700 5.1 - Headset Corsair Vengeance 1500 - Mouse Razer Deathadder 2013 - Keyboard Razer Anansi - Mousepad Steelseries QcK+ - Xbox 360 Wireless Controller x2

Well considering i liked (Bokura ga ita)

I think there's a big chance i'll like Nana's style.

Oh, I misread your comment. I thought you weren't sure if you'd like Bokura ga Ita. But yeah, sounds like you'll also like Nana.

It's cool, but weird. I could have 4 OS' on a single drive (technically) as long as they were all Linux with the last one being Windows.

What happens is that each sd* device has numbers after it for each partition. Linux usually uses 3 or more partitions, so you'll have sda1, sda2, sda3, etc. and Linux will have three or more of them just for itself (boot, swap and data partitions), while other OSes will have one or more numbers of their own too. It usually enumerates them (and devices) automatically, which can cause problems if you change your drives around, in BIOS or otherwise. sda might become sdc all of a sudden if you install a new internal drive, and you won't be able to boot Linux at all without some work in your boot loader (probably grub2) figuring out what's going on. Thankfully many modern Linux distributions try to make that stuff less likely to break, but it can still be a pain. As if that's complex enough, sd* is what they use for SATA, and hd* for older PATA drives, and other types can also use other codes.

Oh, I misread your comment. I thought you weren't sure if you'd like Bokura ga Ita. But yeah, sounds like you'll also like Nana.

What happens is that each sd* device...

Good 2 know.

Now my system won't boot and I'm not sure why.

I used GPT, so I know I need UEFI, but there isn't some simple option for that in my bios. I have the Asus X-99 Deluxe motherboard and for some reason it just doesn't have a simple UEFI option.

Secure boot is enabled. I don't know how to disable it. It is set to other OS though.

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

Good 2 know.

Now my system won't boot and I'm not sure why.

I used GPT, so I know I need UEFI, but there isn't some simple option for that in my bios. I have the Asus X-99 Deluxe motherboard and for some reason it just doesn't have a simple UEFI option.

Secure boot is enabled. I don't know how to disable it. It is set to other OS though.

Yeah, all of those newer BIOS features are full of BS that is difficult to get right and often only works in Windows (gee thanks, Microsoft), so you might have to disable all sorts of UEFI or other options like fast or secure boot modes to get things working. Depends on what the problem is. If you can at least boot to your boot loader, then that's probably good enough to help you figure out what letters are which partition (boot and root).

Yeah, all of those newer BIOS features are full of BS that is difficult to get right and often only works in Windows (gee thanks, Microsoft), so you might have to disable all sorts of UEFI or other options like fast or secure boot modes to get things working. Depends on what the problem is. If you can at least boot to your boot loader, then that's probably good enough to help you figure out what letters are which partition (boot and root).

I realized that my bios only sees my drive as a single drive. Not as four drives. But Debian is installed on sda on my drive.

... Great. Guess I can't use Linux on this SSD. Or I'll have to tinker a lot to make it work. How frustrating.

† Christian Member †

Oh nono, i loved bokura ga ita. I was really sad because the ending of the anime is not the actual ending because it keeps going on the manga

bokura ga ita spoiler

When the guy decides to go to tokyo, i believe in the manga she goes too and they get together there or something like that

I tried reading the manga, but it was so different, i couldn't. And i'm sad no more episodes/seasons will exist.

Rig: I5-3570K@4.3Ghz - Cooler Thermaltake Frio Advanced - Ram Kingston 1333Mhz 8gb (2x4) - GPU GTX 970 4GD5T OC - Motherboard Z77MA-G45 - PSU CoolerMaster GX II 750w - Storage WD 500gb HDD - Sound Edifier M3700 5.1 - Headset Corsair Vengeance 1500 - Mouse Razer Deathadder 2013 - Keyboard Razer Anansi - Mousepad Steelseries QcK+ - Xbox 360 Wireless Controller x2

I realized that my bios only sees my drive as a single drive. Not as four drives. But Debian is installed on sda on my drive.

... Great. Guess I can't use Linux on this SSD. Or I'll have to tinker a lot to make it work. How frustrating.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

maybe this time RAID0 will actually be useful

Error: 410

You probably can, but the tinkering might be unavoidable :( Any specific error codes, or is it just not even finding a boot drive, and can't even get boot a Linux installation cd/dvd?

12020497_10205234222077388_1607768823_o.warframe___venomous_blossom_by_squiddytr

I have a warframe addiction now ;~;

|King Of The Lost|
Project Dark: i7 7820x 5.1GHz | X299 Dark | Trident Z 32GB 3200MHz | GTX 1080Ti Hybrid | Corsair 760t | 1TB Samsung 860 Pro | EVGA Supernova G2 850w | H110i GTX
Lava: i9 12900k 5.1GHz (Undervolted to 1.26v)| MSI z690 Pro DDR4| Dominator Platnium 32GB 3800MHz| Power Color Red Devil RX 6950 XT| Seasonic Focus Platnium 850w| NZXT Kraken Z53
Unholy Rampage: i7 5930k 4.7GHz 4.4 Ring| X99 
Rampage|Ripjaws IV 16GB 2800 CL13| GTX 1080 Strix(Custom XOC Signed BIOS) | Seasonic Focus Platinum 850w |H100i v2 
Revenge of 775: Pentium 641 | Biostar TPower i45| Crucial Tracer 1066 DDR2 | GTX 580 Classified Ultra | EVGA 650 BQ | Noctua NH D14

You probably can, but the tinkering might be unavoidable :( Any specific error codes, or is it just not even finding a boot drive, and can't even get boot a Linux installation cd/dvd?

It's probably unavoidable. There's no error code, but it loads to a black screen with white underscore blinking.

Aka the usual "we didn't find any bootable device" screen.

It will boot to the USB to install Debian just fine. Ok well not just fine but once every time after I re-flash the ISO to the USB. Then it will boot as if it can't find the USB repeatedly until I re-flash the ISO.

Edit:

Wait if I press Enter the screen gets filled with grub grub grub grub repeated a lot. Absolutely no prompt for a command though.

† Christian Member †

I was weirdly exhausted when I woke up today...

nothing noteworthy in the anime event and can't go for day 2 due to family reasons... also haven't been able to purchase that pixiv book... oh well...

I have a warframe addiction now ;~;

try a substitute, hard drugs works well for most people.

does anyone know if RahXephon and Bokurano are good?

robotic;notes was awesome up until they fought with their robot againest the better robot.

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

robotic;notes was awesome up until they fought with their robot againest the better robot.

That AR app in ep 1 tho...

Okay would anyone possibly knowledgeable in biology/anatomy please explain to me the implications of the liminals from monster musume no iru nichijou. If you think about it many of them have such large stature or different capabilities that surely there anatomy is more complex than just having all their anatomy within their human halves.

Okay would anyone possibly knowledgeable in biology/anatomy please explain to me the implications of the liminals from monster musume no iru nichijou. If you think about it many of them have such large stature or different capabilities that surely there anatomy is more complex than just having all their anatomy within their human halves.

well, I almost passed the AP Biology exam in HS and haven't taken a biology class since, so I'm qualified to commentate on the anatomy and biology of anime in the only way I can.

Metaphorically speaking, god was drunk at the wheel. Perhaps it's something similar to putting the wrong parts together from the biological bucket of legos. There's a fine line between sexy beast women and a slip with a of the finger to Human Centipede X Tusk X Unit 731

alternatively the napkin from the bar last night was in fact, legible.

or everyone is a robot.

that makes me wonder how much a religious fanatic would get rustled by monster grill

oh dang, I don't even play league (anymore) but this looks nice

also happened to be my favorite champ

ew5Ph3t.jpg?1

Spoiler

jinx-desktop-background-510394.jpg

mild giggle

http://w.webms.org/LC8Yc1Y8.webm

episode 10 definitely one of the better episodes

Well it looked like I was screwed, but maybe not.

That Revo Drive really does use fakeRaid like I thought it did. OCZ made Linux drivers for most of it's other drives, but not this particular drive.

I could use the driver from the z4, but I don't have access to a tar or gzip command that works in Debian's install shell.

And that driver is for RedHat or CentOS so I don't know if it will work. No idea how different the two OS's are from Debian.

This is too much damn work. Lol

Guess I'll install Debian into another device then untar the driver and put it on my USB then reinstall it to the OCZ RevoDrive.

Why do they make it so hard? Just why?

† Christian Member †

aa615348be.jpg

Since day 1 I have been playing this game since its start.

|King Of The Lost|
Project Dark: i7 7820x 5.1GHz | X299 Dark | Trident Z 32GB 3200MHz | GTX 1080Ti Hybrid | Corsair 760t | 1TB Samsung 860 Pro | EVGA Supernova G2 850w | H110i GTX
Lava: i9 12900k 5.1GHz (Undervolted to 1.26v)| MSI z690 Pro DDR4| Dominator Platnium 32GB 3800MHz| Power Color Red Devil RX 6950 XT| Seasonic Focus Platnium 850w| NZXT Kraken Z53
Unholy Rampage: i7 5930k 4.7GHz 4.4 Ring| X99 
Rampage|Ripjaws IV 16GB 2800 CL13| GTX 1080 Strix(Custom XOC Signed BIOS) | Seasonic Focus Platinum 850w |H100i v2 
Revenge of 775: Pentium 641 | Biostar TPower i45| Crucial Tracer 1066 DDR2 | GTX 580 Classified Ultra | EVGA 650 BQ | Noctua NH D14