Anime Club - Heaven Society

JLCitadel

Just finished chihayafuru. It was a very good anime, but the end wasn't really as good as the rest of the anime. It wasn't bad, but I expected something better. Overall if give it an 8/10.

It's not over yet, even after two seasons. They're likely to continue it, since it's very popular, and the manga now has enough material to continue on.

Just finished chihayafuru. It was a very good anime, but the end wasn't really as good as the rest of the anime. It wasn't bad, but I expected something better. Overall if give it an 8/10.

did you find the art style a bit odd, im not sure what it was about it but something really put me off.

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

did you find the art style a bit odd, im not sure what it was about it but something really put me off.

How so? I find almost every anime has that effect on me...

How so? I find almost every anime has that effect on me...

was not expecting that reaction, thats for sure. shit im on topic.

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

THis is cool, if dangerous:

http://i.imgur.com/NFvkk54.mp4

if they did that with some rgb changign colours as they were moving that would be even more epic.

Listen if you care.

I've opened a new thread, but it's better to ask here. Can somebody share an opinion about Rokka no Yuusha and Shingeki no Bahamut: Genesis? I'm wondering which one to watch. Thanks!

Sorry if I'm breaking any rule, even though I read them - first time posting here and I haven't really followed the topic. :)

i hear mixed opinions on Rokka, so I can't really commentate on it.

Shingeki no Bahamut IIRC, has a sequel coming up, but it's technically based on a card game, or some game of some sorts. Odds of it being a "complete" in the sense of a full adapted and closed off story is lowish.

The plot is average and the current season ends on a cliff hanger, but the production values are very strong. Good visuals, likable characters, a lot of action with a few chuckles in between. The mains form an entertaining quartet.

The first episode CGI and the bits of it sprinkled around can be slightly distracting (the first episode mainly)

It has a VERY similar layout to Champloo, except the girl isn't always the one being saved in this one.

I'd have no problems endorsing it. Solid action junk food.

Error: 410

Rokka no Yuusha is nothing special. Story wise it stays in one place,  whole first season is about finding the bad guy. If you like find the culprit type of shows then give it a shot.

And don't be shy, post more. We need some more anime content here :P

Hmm, seems like I won't really enjoy Rokka no Yuusha, but I may give it a shot at some point and I'll follow this topic.  :)

Rokka no yuusha it's ok if you can stand annoying characters and are looking for some mystery

Shingeki no Bahamut: Genesis i haven't seen it, but i've heard good things about it, lots of action it seems

Shingeki no Bahamut: Genesis sounds more interesting, I'm no really fond of annoying characters and slowly developing plot. :P

Depends on what you like, and how much anime you've watched. But personally I'd say that Bahamut is better in every department so far. More visually pleasing, better characters, and it has more than a single gimmick keeping it worthwhile.

Truth is that I haven't watched a lot animes. I got hooked like a year ago when a friend of mine showed me Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood and since then I fill my free time of boredness with series people recommend me. :)

Thanks to everyone for their opinions - seems like I'll give Shingeki no Bahamut: Genesis a shot.

I just love its opening:

From salty to bath salty in 2.9 seconds

12033052_761230287333446_164206127124986

this girl looks worryingly similar to her anime variant

Listen if you care.

was not expecting that reaction, thats for sure. shit im on topic.

Well, you were (briefly) ;)

Sorry, I have that effect on people :D

Truth is that I haven't watched a lot animes. I got hooked like a year ago when a friend of mine showed me Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood and since then I fill my free time of boredness with series people recommend me. :)

Well, just try to remember what you liked about the ones you liked, so we'll be able to help give you better recommendations :)

If you're after a more mature story than most anime would cover, and a fairly dark one at that, then try Monster. It's a big time-commitment, but another taste of what anime is capable of compared to what most people generally recommend.

Well, just try to remember what you liked about the ones you liked, so we'll be able to help give you better recommendations :)

If you're after a more mature story than most anime would cover, and a fairly dark one at that, then try Monster. It's a big time-commitment, but another taste of what anime is capable of compared to what most people generally recommend.

this and game of thrones has been pushed back on my queue for nearly two years now

I can't handle that much commitment and suspect to cave and marathon like I did with CG

Art style looked pretty good to me, I didn't notice anything odd about it.

GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming CPU: i5-4570 RAM: 2x4gb Crucial Ballistix Sport 1600Mhz Motherboard: ASRock Z87 Extreme3 PSU: EVGA GS 650 CPU cooler: Be quiet! Shadow Rock 2 Case: Define R5 Storage: Crucial MX100 512GB

Is there one of her making her fuck face?

i kept that for later when the kiddies go to bed :wub:

Listen if you care.

Anyone ever watch ultraman?

You mean the show where the man that turns into a giant man in a silver skin suit?

i kept that for later when the kiddies go to bed :wub:

Kay...

You mean the show where the man that turns into a giant man in a silver skin suit?

Classics.

Cpu:

Intel i5 4460 Motherboard:Msi Z97S Sli krait Ram:HyperX Fury White (2x4) Storage:Seagate 1tb/Samsung 850 Evo 120gb Gpu:Gtx 960 2gb sc Case:S340 Black Psu:Corsair Rm 650w 80+ Gold certified

My anime list : http://myanimelist.net/animelist/KRImSIN

Probably. Josei series aren't that different from seinen anime, when all's said and done, they just feel a little more girly and often tend to be about romance. But they're still often about themes like the disillusionment of growing up and finding your place in the world, like seinen anime, so they're definitely worth checking out.

I see, i think they might be more interesting than school romance.

I've seen pretty girly anime, or at least it felt like that because of the opening, i don't mind it really.

I got used to it pretty fast, and i ended up liking it very much.

Fortunately for us, the ones that liked it, they will most likely make a 3rd season.

You can try manga as bash said, but i rly don't think chihayafuru can be good in manga, or at least animie is better. But i guess you get used to it.

Rig: I5-3570K@4.3Ghz - Cooler Thermaltake Frio Advanced - Ram Kingston 1333Mhz 8gb (2x4) - GPU GTX 970 4GD5T OC - Motherboard Z77MA-G45 - PSU CoolerMaster GX II 750w - Storage WD 500gb HDD - Sound Edifier M3700 5.1 - Headset Corsair Vengeance 1500 - Mouse Razer Deathadder 2013 - Keyboard Razer Anansi - Mousepad Steelseries QcK+ - Xbox 360 Wireless Controller x2

Classics.

I remember watching some dubbed versions on TV when I was a kid.

Thought it was a new power ranger show.

I kinda like Kamen Rider, though haven't looked into it in a while. 

Is there one of her making her fuck face?

niconico.jpg

you know, I picked up that anime for this character

left disappointed

she added a fun dynamic but the cast was too fucking big for have focus on any given person

i think the music is a big part of it, so maybe it's partially on me that I didn't like it since I don't like the types of anime like Hibike, most generously rated slightly below "oK"-On, and idlem@aster (the Pepsi to Love Live)

maybe I'll just read a tl;dr of everything before this springs movie and watch that, since I sometimes like to go for completion for the sake of understanding mass culture, and it wasn't that bad (personal taste aside)

@eelnico09 I recall (or maybe it's just that EOS dementia) telling you that you'd probably like Josei titles more since they seem to have what you like and tend to have (different) but less bullshit tropes. Typically better quality due to very niche audience and lower gross output, so what manages to make it has a better chance of being better.

You can try manga as bash said, but i rly don't think chihayafuru can be good in manga, or at least animie is better. But i guess you get used to it.

The manga is as great as the anime, but if you can't into reading then that's fine too. Honestly once you've seen the anime, you can visualize all the hand-slices and hear the words being read in your head anyway, so you're not missing those elements... you're just getting the interesting story progression (and it's getting pretty good).

Monster was my first anime ever. I've watched only ~10 episodes before dropping it because the plot seemed too predictable, but I wasn't a fan of animes in general back then. I absolutely love FMA:B and Gintama though. Other series that I've enjoyed are Death Parade, Kuroko no Basket and Shingeki no Kyojin. I didn't like Tokyo Ghoul and No Game No Life (don't kill me). :D

From salty to bath salty in 2.9 seconds

you know, I picked up that anime for this character

left disappointed

she added a fun dynamic but the cast was too fucking big for have focus on any given person

i think the music is a big part of it, so maybe it's partially on me that I didn't like it since I don't like the types of anime like Hibike, most generously rated slightly below "oK"-On, and idlem@aster (the Pepsi to Love Live)

maybe I'll just read a tl;dr of everything before this springs movie and watch that, since I sometimes like to go for completion for the sake of understanding mass culture, and it wasn't that bad (personal taste aside)

I enjoyed it far more than K-On even though I don't really care for the music.

The chemistry between the characters instead of each individual character's backstory is what I found to be the meat of the show. 

The manga is as great as the anime, but if you can't into reading then that's fine too. Honestly once you've seen the anime, you can visualize all the hand-slices and hear the words being read in your head anyway, so you're not missing those elements... you're just getting the interesting story progression (and it's getting pretty good).

Yeah i can see that happening, buuuuut, for 2 reasons i won't read the manga, appart from that.

1-I think the anime is going to be better, so i don't want to spoil the story and i probably wouldn't watch the anime if i know what's going to happen.

2-I'm scared of a bad/not good anime adaptation(though i'm almost sure the 1st 2 seasons are good adaptations)

True, reading the manga is certainly not an option everyone will want to do, but it's still a great manga, and I don't want people to get the wrong impression  :)

For sure, i don't mean chihayafuru manga is bad or anything, i just don't read manga, ever.

Rig: I5-3570K@4.3Ghz - Cooler Thermaltake Frio Advanced - Ram Kingston 1333Mhz 8gb (2x4) - GPU GTX 970 4GD5T OC - Motherboard Z77MA-G45 - PSU CoolerMaster GX II 750w - Storage WD 500gb HDD - Sound Edifier M3700 5.1 - Headset Corsair Vengeance 1500 - Mouse Razer Deathadder 2013 - Keyboard Razer Anansi - Mousepad Steelseries QcK+ - Xbox 360 Wireless Controller x2