Anime Club - Heaven Society

JLCitadel

D.Gray-man seems good, ima leave it in stand by since it's 103eps long.

be prepared for a story that just stops 103 episodes in without reaching a conclution to the story lol

be prepared for a story that just stops 103 episodes in without reaching a conclution to the story lol

NOPE Then.

giphy.gif

Rig: I5-3570K@4.3Ghz - Cooler Thermaltake Frio Advanced - Ram Kingston 1333Mhz 8gb (2x4) - GPU GTX 970 4GD5T OC - Motherboard Z77MA-G45 - PSU CoolerMaster GX II 750w - Storage WD 500gb HDD - Sound Edifier M3700 5.1 - Headset Corsair Vengeance 1500 - Mouse Razer Deathadder 2013 - Keyboard Razer Anansi - Mousepad Steelseries QcK+ - Xbox 360 Wireless Controller x2

I see.

I don't look at the ratings generally, but the reviews people write as long as they are spoiler free. Hmm i'll pass with parasyte then, to me music is an important factor to me.

I wouldn't think you would care too much about action anime OST

I don't want to turn you away because it's not bad, but it's not praiseworthy either.

Here are some examples

the OP is painful to listen to

here's a good example a "fight"

Notice the music coordination almost seems amateur. It's a mix of epic orchestral you might hear in a Hollywood action movie, some face paced generic electronic, and some really trashy dubstep.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uCy1ykITTgk

@DudeWazap @Daegun IIRC Shana's trump card was channel the martyr and Saber retains memories between iterations, so if tsundere wins by seppuku it's still a loss since Saber only gets a time out until she can flail excalibur around again.

I'm not too sure about Saber though, I think she's pulled from the current timeline instead of being a historical entity, idk how that changes things I never played the VN

Error: 410

I don't want to turn you away because it's not bad, but it's not praiseworthy either.

Here are some examples

Notice the music coordination almost seems amateur. It's a mix of epic orchestral you might hear in a Hollywood action movie, some face paced generic electronic, and some really trashy dubstep.

Not all action anime have shitty soundtracks. Take naruto or bleach as an example. And that OP is one of my favourite OPs, so our music tastes seem to differ a lot.

GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming CPU: i5-4570 RAM: 2x4gb Crucial Ballistix Sport 1600Mhz Motherboard: ASRock Z87 Extreme3 PSU: EVGA GS 650 CPU cooler: Be quiet! Shadow Rock 2 Case: Define R5 Storage: Crucial MX100 512GB

Did I miss something?

Fate/Stay Night. They summon the heroes to fight for them. They can be summoned over and over again in different Holy Grail wars no matter how many times they've lost.

You know what's easier than buying and building a brand new PC? Petty larceny!
If you're worried about getting caught, here's a trick: Only steal one part at a time. Plenty of people will call the cops because somebody stole their computer -- nobody calls the cops because they're "pretty sure the dirty-bathrobe guy from next door jacked my heat sink."

Fate/Stay Night. They summon the heroes to fight for them. They can be summoned over and over again in different Holy Grail wars no matter how many times they've lost.

Oh okay I see.

Spoiler

-

CPU:Ryzen 9 5900X GPU: Asus GTX 1080ti Strix MB: Asus Crosshair Viii Hero RAM: G.Skill Trident Neo CPU Cooler: Corsair H110

But she did get nerfed the second time around, so it all evens out ;)

i5 4690K | Asus Ranger VII | 8GB HyperX Fury | Asus GTX 780 | NZXT H440 | Samsung 850 Evo | Seagate Barracuda | Corsair RM 750W | Corsair H105 

E3-1246 v3 | Asus Gryphon Z97 | 8GB HyperX Fury | MSI GTX 970 | Enthoo Evolv mATX | Samsung 840 Evo | WD Red | EVGA SuperNova GS 650W | NZXT Kracken x41 

Not all action anime have shitty soundtracks. Take naruto or bleach as an example. And that OP is one of my favourite OPs, so our music tastes seem to differ a lot.

I didn't mean it like that, I was suggesting it isn't as important to an action or comedy.

dramas and atmospheric anime would put greater emphasis on music choice, neither of which Parasyte is.

Error: 410

@DudeWazap @Daegun IIRC Shana's trump card was channel the martyr and Saber retains memories between iterations, so if tsundere wins by seppuku it's still a loss since Saber only gets a time out until she can flail excalibur around again.

I'm not too sure about Saber though, I think she's pulled from the current timeline instead of being a historical entity, idk how that changes things I never played the VN

Also keep in mind that if Shana is about to die or loose a battle she can play her final card which is to release Alastor "The Flame of Heaven" from her pendant.

SRil6.jpg

Spoiler

-

CPU:Ryzen 9 5900X GPU: Asus GTX 1080ti Strix MB: Asus Crosshair Viii Hero RAM: G.Skill Trident Neo CPU Cooler: Corsair H110

Here are some examples

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uCy1ykITTgk

Hmm i don't mind that kind of music too much, to me its not that bad, i've seen worse.

I can't tell the music genre of the OP O.o

Rig: I5-3570K@4.3Ghz - Cooler Thermaltake Frio Advanced - Ram Kingston 1333Mhz 8gb (2x4) - GPU GTX 970 4GD5T OC - Motherboard Z77MA-G45 - PSU CoolerMaster GX II 750w - Storage WD 500gb HDD - Sound Edifier M3700 5.1 - Headset Corsair Vengeance 1500 - Mouse Razer Deathadder 2013 - Keyboard Razer Anansi - Mousepad Steelseries QcK+ - Xbox 360 Wireless Controller x2

In basilisk, they have supernatural powers, or is everything physical? Or is like, physical but looks supernatural?

Its two Ninja villages against each other. Everyone has its own unique ability, mostly mix of physical and "supernatural": Taijutsu (physical), Ninjutsu (supernatural), Genjutsu (like mindcontrol, poison, stealth, cloak,...). Hmm the supernatural looks beyond physical at times, but is not like magicspells.

I would say its like a "mature" Naruto, but that would be an insult towards Basilisk. So no "bro" buhuhu bs like in Naruto. More of a slaughterfest :)

Ahh and a love subplot. I think it starts slowly with that, but eventually shit hits the fan really bad.

// programmers paradox

try { return true; } finally { return false; }

Its two Ninja villages against each other. Everyone has its own unique ability, mostly mix of physical and "supernatural": Taijutsu (physical), Ninjutsu (supernatural), Genjutsu (like mindcontrol, poison, stealth, cloak,...). Hmm the supernatural looks beyond physical at times, but is not like magicspells.

I would say its like a "mature" Naruto, but that would be an insult towards Basilisk. So no "bro" buhuhu bs like in Naruto. More of a slaughterfest :)

Ahh and a love subplot. I think it starts slowly with that, but eventually shit hits the fan really bad.

I like that, i don't think it's cool when shit like naruto with huge dbz-like powers with spirit balls and shit, but i like when ninjas do really cool techniques and are really fast.

I'll watch the first episodes, i think i'll like it.

And that OP is one of my favourite OPs, so our music tastes seem to differ a lot.

Drop the painfully autotuned vocals, drop the speed a bit so it doesn't sound like it's spazzing out, and maybe I'd even enjoy it. I mean, even Log Horizon's cheesy "Database" OP grew on me a bit, but its hook was a proper earworm, not just an ear-destroyer.

Drop the painfully autotuned vocals, drop the speed a bit so it doesn't sound like it's spazzing out, and maybe I'd even enjoy it. I mean, even Log Horizon's cheesy "Database" OP grew on me a bit, but its hook was a proper earworm, not just an ear-destroyer.

I think the autotune is the main problem.

Regarding music in anime, i can't stop listening to this:

Is it just me who thinks that the soundtrack is one of the most important parts of a show? Like if I can't get into the soundtrack I probably won't enjoy whatever I'm watching.

Even if the OP and ED are good and for the first part of a series and crappy for the following parts I will probably enjoy the first part more. 

I find music to be integral because it adds to the feeling and environment of the show. I would probably enjoy the biggest piece of trash anime as long as I consider the music good.

Windows 10 likes to spy on you. Protect your Data! Run GNU/Linux!
That One Privacy Guy's VPN Comparison Chart.

Spoiler
Spoiler

|ARCH LINUX| |CPU i5 4690k @ 4.7GHz| |GPU: Asus Strix 390x| |Mobo: Asus Sabertooth Z97 Mk 2| |RAM: Corsair Veangence Pro 16gb (2x8gb) @2133mhz| |CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i| |PSU: 750w EVGA Supernova 80+ Gold| |Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ATX(Silver)| |K/B: Pok3r w/ Cherry MX Blues|

Spoiler

|Samsung 250GB 840 EVO: Arch Linux installation.| |Seagate Barracuda 2TB: Mostly Games and stuff related to that. Music and most Media as well.| |Seagate NAS 4TB: Anime and Anime Art-Whoring.| |Seagate 1TB 2.5" SSHD: Arch install on my Thinkpad X220.| |Samsung OEM Lenovo SSD: Windows 8.1 cause I need to play JRPGs some how.|

Spoiler

|Cans: Sennheiser HD 558(Modded)| |Earbuds: Shure SE215| I'm working on expanding this.

And that's why you have the manga.

Rig:Crimson Impaler | CPU: i3 4160 | Cooler: CM Hyper TX3 Evo | Motherboard: Asrock B85M - DGS | RAM: Kingston Hyper X Savage 16GB kit (2x8) DDR3 1600MHZ CL9 | GPU: Asus Radeon R7 360 | PSU: Corsair CX 430 V2 | Storage: HDD WD 1TB Blue | Case: Delux DLC-MG866

~Half the world is composed of idiots, the other half of people clever enough to take indecent advantage of them.~

I don't like to read.

Spoiler

-

Is it just me who thinks that the soundtrack is one of the most important parts of a show? Like if I can't get into the soundtrack I probably won't enjoy whatever I'm watching.

Even if the OP and ED are good and for the first part of a series and crappy for the following parts I will probably enjoy the first part more. 

I find music to be integral because it adds to the feeling and environment of the show. I would probably enjoy the biggest piece of trash anime as long as I consider the music good.

I usually skip opening and ending, unless they are really good. Visual and music needs to fit the show. Then I watch it everytime :) But thats rare

Opening example:

(cheez, even Hasegawa looks badass, Madao Power!)

Ending example:

// programmers paradox

I don't read manga, i can't enjoy it as much as anime. It's not the same to watch a dramatic scene where you have sounds and music and you hear the character's voice cracking and yelling and whatever, than just reading it with no sound and not even with colors. Or just action scenes or whatever.

You can't compare this:

chihayafuru-3006061.jpg

To this:

chihayafuru_zpsa028824f.gif

SPECIALLY a sport like karuta where sounds are so important.

To me it's a plus, i think an action scene with a perfect soundtrack can make it so much better than what it actually is, but if the scene is good i don't mind an average music.

The soundtrack is at least important enough that a bad one can ruin it for me. Parasyte, Chaika, and any number of other anime weren't "bad" bad, but the soundtracks actively ruined them for me. Theoretically, though, it's said that the soundtrack is more important than the visuals in such works. It checks out; the soundtrack is there to inform you of the emotional state of what's being presented. Visuals can only get you so far. Imagine that last scene in ET without the music.

I think the autotune is the main problem.

Regarding music in anime, i can't stop listening to this:

My favorite tunes for OPs are the ones that feel like they personify the anime, not lyrically but in all senses. Like the OPs for Haibane Renmei, Bokurano, Spice and Wolf, GTO, and Ergo Proxy. The kind where it's hard to think of the anime having a different OP, and when they change mid-season you're going "NOOOOOOO!"

you would think that but i watched the anime then read the manga and the manga also just stopped. Recently after not being written from 2013 until present but also it is only one of many breaks that the manga has gone on in the past.

An in attempt to finish the story I watched the dub then the sub then fan subs then read the manga translations then fan translations all to get to a point in d gray man where it still just stopped... I think it started back up in July or August of this year.

-  1 for Chaika, and any number of other anime weren't "bad" bad. Chaika was bad bad baaaaaad.

+ 3 for Ergo Proxy, SNW and GTO

___

// programmers paradox

My favorite tunes for OPs are the ones that feel like they personify the anime, not lyrically but in all senses. Like the OPs for Haibane Renmei, Bokurano, Spice and Wolf, GTO, and Ergo Proxy. The kind where it's hard to think of the anime having a different OP, and when they change mid-season you're going "NOOOOOOO!"

I think that happens when a well-thought song is done for a specific anime, i feel like the music on the video of the fighting scene of parasyte that was linked before is just generic, seems like they didn't even stopped to listen to it, they just found it and that's it, it's something you can listen to that type of music on other fighting scenes of other anime. But when they make a song that's based on the anime, the characters, the atmosphere, the story... that's when a song is really good.

I usually skip opening and ending, unless they are really good. Visual and music needs to fit the show. Then I watch it everytime :) But thats rare

I listen to OP/ED everytime to the point if I download an anime where the fansubbers have cut it out I will redownload the show and watch different groups subs.

To me it's a plus, i think an action scene with a perfect soundtrack can make it so much better than what it actually is, but if the scene is good i don't mind an average music.

To me a scene with average music will never be above an average scene. An average scene can have great music and for me often times I will enjoy the scene more with great music.

Ya I would agree that my favourite OP/EDs are the ones that fit the show on all levels musically, lyrically, and environmentally. For shows that change mid season it can sometimes work if they they change the direction of the show or story arc.

Windows 10 likes to spy on you. Protect your Data! Run GNU/Linux!
That One Privacy Guy's VPN Comparison Chart.

Spoiler
Spoiler

|ARCH LINUX| |CPU i5 4690k @ 4.7GHz| |GPU: Asus Strix 390x| |Mobo: Asus Sabertooth Z97 Mk 2| |RAM: Corsair Veangence Pro 16gb (2x8gb) @2133mhz| |CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i| |PSU: 750w EVGA Supernova 80+ Gold| |Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ATX(Silver)| |K/B: Pok3r w/ Cherry MX Blues|

Spoiler

|Samsung 250GB 840 EVO: Arch Linux installation.| |Seagate Barracuda 2TB: Mostly Games and stuff related to that. Music and most Media as well.| |Seagate NAS 4TB: Anime and Anime Art-Whoring.| |Seagate 1TB 2.5" SSHD: Arch install on my Thinkpad X220.| |Samsung OEM Lenovo SSD: Windows 8.1 cause I need to play JRPGs some how.|

Spoiler

|Cans: Sennheiser HD 558(Modded)| |Earbuds: Shure SE215| I'm working on expanding this.

I don't read manga, i can't enjoy it as much as anime. It's not the same to watch a dramatic scene where you have sounds and music and you hear the character's voice cracking and yelling and whatever, than just reading it with no sound and not even with colors. Or just action scenes or whatever.

You can't compare this:

chihayafuru-3006061.jpg

To this:

chihayafuru_zpsa028824f.gif

SPECIALLY a sport like karuta where sounds are so important.

It really depends. In the case of Chihayafuru the anime is way better than the manga , however if i compare animes that censor and cut out material then I'd pick the manga no doubt.

Rig:Crimson Impaler | CPU: i3 4160 | Cooler: CM Hyper TX3 Evo | Motherboard: Asrock B85M - DGS | RAM: Kingston Hyper X Savage 16GB kit (2x8) DDR3 1600MHZ CL9 | GPU: Asus Radeon R7 360 | PSU: Corsair CX 430 V2 | Storage: HDD WD 1TB Blue | Case: Delux DLC-MG866

~Half the world is composed of idiots, the other half of people clever enough to take indecent advantage of them.~