Anime Club - Heaven Society

JLCitadel

I was wondering.....could it maybe be a solution to create a separate "chat" thread for heaven club members..Its great that the conversation flows, but it has reached a point now where it gets impossible to find the actual anime discussion anymore.

The Mistress: Case: Corsair 760t   CPU:  Intel Core i7-4790K 4GHz(stock speed at the moment) - GPU: MSI 970 - MOBO: MSI Z97 Gaming 5 - RAM: Crucial Ballistic Sport 1600MHZ CL9 - PSU: Corsair AX760  - STORAGE: 128Gb Samsung EVO SSD/ 1TB WD Blue/Several older WD blacks.

Looking at 600HD's too. But they are a little pricey.

http://www.amazon.com/Sennheiser-Dynamic-Professional-Stereo-Headphones/dp/B00004SY4H/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1424284035&sr=8-1&keywords=600HD I want those as well. They dropped to $250 at one point but I did not buy them. I also want the mmx 300.

Just a bit :o

Still not as bad as the price for the mmx 300 http://www.amazon.com/Beyerdynamic-MMX300-Premium-Digital-Microphone/dp/B001BYMZ5W/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1424284106&sr=8-1&keywords=mmx+300 This also dropped to $250

Love cats and Linus. Check out linuscattips-fan-club. http://pcpartpicker.com/p/Z9QDVn and Asus ROG Swift. I love anime as well. Check out Heaven Society heaven-society. My own personal giveaway thread http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/387856-evga-geforce-gtx-970-giveaway-presented-by-grimneo/.

I love it, running it on expert mode atm.

24/192 support. Standard is 24/96. I don't have any music higher than 24/96, so I'd run standard mode to avoid driver requirements. Not sure if expert mode does anything else.

which is counterintuitive because 24/192 format actually sounds quantifiably worse because the increased resolution does literally nothing.

distortion levels are increased, and if your drivers that most likely can't produce the added ultrasonic frequencies play it anyway, it will also add driver distortion, net system distortion greatly increased.

reduced battery life, increased equipment wear, increased distortion, increased file size, decreased sound quality, decreased compatibility, there's no reason to use it or enable it.

16/44.1 is already heavily padded to include frequencies and depth that are audible and then some extra. 

you can make the argument between 16 and 24 bit but the difference between 100 billion and 200 billion are arbitrarily insignificant when 100 billion is already unfathomably large. 

I was wondering.....could it maybe be a solution to create a separate "chat" thread for heaven club members..Its great that the conversation flows, but it has reached a point now where it gets impossible to find the actual anime discussion anymore.

I'm sorry. I try to stay on topic of anime but I may post a random post maybe once or twice. You can go back and look. I stay on topic.

Anyways I'm Waiting for the second part of Fate/Stay Night. :)

Love cats and Linus. Check out linuscattips-fan-club. http://pcpartpicker.com/p/Z9QDVn and Asus ROG Swift. I love anime as well. Check out Heaven Society heaven-society. My own personal giveaway thread http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/387856-evga-geforce-gtx-970-giveaway-presented-by-grimneo/.

Looking at 600HD's too. But they are a little pricey.

Well you know how pricing is on build quality .... :P

What About V moda? i have the LP´s and the comfort is questionable but sound is nice, they are not Open though.

Or Bey something Dynamics headphones? i got the DT 990 Premium´s, damn light, and almost no clamp force The Pro version has like 5-10% more clamp force, looks a tad uglier but they have the same sound and are ALOT cheaper.

@MyInnerFred New Thread!
Heavens Society´s Random Rabble!

Get on it!

yeah but this Europe. HD 600 cost like $300ish

Steve

@MyInnerFred New Thread!

Heavens Society´s Random Rabble!

Get on it!

I suggested a new thread for anime discussion before but that never happened. this thread went to random so may as well keep it that way since it is less likely to get closed at this point lol

yeah but this Europe. HD 600 cost like $300ish

I'm confused. Your using the dollar($). I'm in the USA and it's $313.04. I don't use Euro prices.

I'm confused. Your using the dollar($). I'm in the USA and it's $313.04. I don't use Euro prices.

my estimate was wrong, they'd cost $385 from Amazon

Steve

I'm sorry. I try to stay on topic of anime but I may post a random post maybe once or twice. You can go back and look. I stay on topic.

Anyways I'm Waiting for the second part of Fate/Stay Night. :)

It was not a punch at you:-)

I suggested a new thread for anime discussion before but that never happened. this thread went to random so may as well keep it that way since it is less likely to get closed at this point lol

I think its different now. We used to have discussions about random stuff...like this headphone discussion some have going now. Or music, but combine that with inside jokes between members, memes, and chitchat has made the tempo on this thread go bananas.

We would just have 2 main threads, one of anime, one of chat. Well, was just a suggestion:-)

The Mistress: Case: Corsair 760t   CPU:  Intel Core i7-4790K 4GHz(stock speed at the moment) - GPU: MSI 970 - MOBO: MSI Z97 Gaming 5 - RAM: Crucial Ballistic Sport 1600MHZ CL9 - PSU: Corsair AX760  - STORAGE: 128Gb Samsung EVO SSD/ 1TB WD Blue/Several older WD blacks.

I think its different now. We used to have discussions about random stuff...like this headphone discussion some have going now. Or music, but combine that with inside jokes between members, memes, and chitchat has made the tempo on this thread go bananas.

We would just have 2 main threads, one of anime, one of chat. Well, was just a suggestion:-)

Yeah....i se your point andi agree, its abit paint to read 4 pages a day for that one discussion of interest.

@Charger yeah i think i remember you suggesting this as well, not sure what happened.

On a side note: if anyone want to add me on the Nintendo Network, its CatCloud 

:D

The rest is in my profile...wich i need to tell slick to update because Nintendo ID is not there...

I agree with that but make the other one for anime and this the chat thread since it has almost 1500 pages of chat anyways lol. I suggested it in the past but nothing was ever done

I agree with that but make the other one for anime and this the chat thread since it has almost 1500 pages of chat anyways lol. I suggested it in the past but nothing was ever done

thats a smooth idea but we will need Loc to change the Title name, then have Fred copy/paste page 1 (and update it) into the new one.

-snip-

I also don't have the sharpest hearing to begin with. The 24/192 resolution just doesn't seem like something that's to be used for music. I'm not sure what other uses it might serve. Even the 24/96 vinyl rips I have, do they sound better than CD rips? I'm not sure I could pass that Pepsi challenge. It does sound great, and I don't really mind the bloat, but I can't confidently say that I hear a noticeable difference between the two.

Ok :)

Yeah....i se your point andi agree, its abit paint to read 4 pages a day for that one discussion of interest.

@Charger yeah i think i remember you suggesting this as well, not sure what happened.

On a side note: if anyone want to add me on the Nintendo Network, its CatCloud 

:D

The rest is in my profile...wich i need to tell slick to update because Nintendo ID is not there...

I would like an anime only thread. Sometimes I ask about one here and it gets passed over by random chat.

I'm all for a new thread.

thats a smooth idea but we will need Loc to change the Title name, then have Fred copy/paste page 1 (and update it) into the new one.

I think it'll never stick. Just like this thread the non chit chat thread will go off topic and i'm sure the chit chat one will randomly start talking strictly about anime at times too. I don't think splitting up the community would do much for us.

One of the threads (likely this one) would continue to be very active while the other one kinda putters and stutters.

IMO anyways.

CPU: Intel i5 4690k W/Noctua nh-d15 GPU: Gigabyte G1 980 TI MOBO: MSI Z97 Gaming 5 RAM: 16Gig Corsair Vengance Boot-Drive: 500gb Samsung Evo Storage: 2x 500g WD Blue, 1x 2tb WD Black 1x4tb WD Red

"Whatever AMD is losing in suddenly becomes the most important thing ever." - Glenwing, 1/13/2015

I like this thread :(

Random thread

I prefer anime thread.

I agree that this should be the chat thread.

I think it'll never stick. Just like this thread the non chit chat thread will go off topic and i'm sure the chit chat one will randomly start talking strictly about anime at times too. I don't think splitting up the community would do much for us.

One of the threads (likely this one) would continue to be very active while the other one kinda putters and stutters.

IMO anyways.

Not if we all try to enforce it. Random chitchat can't happen if 90% of the club keeps reminding people to take it to the other thread. Right now, there just isn't another thread to take it to.

And it doesn't really matter that one of them would be less active since that would kinda be the point. This one of way too active. Anime discussion is almost impossible, because when one is started, its gets flooded with random stuff.

@MyInnerFred We are counting on you

I agree that this should be the chat thread.

Not if we all try to enforce it. Random chitchat can't happen if 90% of the club keeps reminding people to take it to the other thread. Right now, there just isn't another thread to take it to.

And it doesn't really matter that one of them would be less active since that would kinda be the point. This one of way too active. Anime discussion is almost impossible, because when one is started, its gets flooded with random stuff.

@MyNamesFred We are counting on you

I think you mean @MyInnerFred

I like this thread :(

This thread would then be the random thread.

I think you mean @MyInnerFred

What are you talking about? I edited it, so it never happened B)

Was busy at work while i wrote that....don't know what happened