Anime Club - Heaven Society

JLCitadel

Negima isn't really comparable to Konosuba in any way. For one, Negima doesn't attempt to be a parody. Or if it tried, it was so bad at it that it became what it parodied.

It's really just Love Hina crossed with 'generic fighting manga/anime'.

I deal in shitposts and shitpost accessories.

On 6.05.2017 г. at 6:55 PM, Underi said:

So I come here check out this cool kids club only to find out ppl are here talking about hard drives... 

aKVX206_460s.jpg

:P

ASRock Z97 PRO 4| i7-4790К@4600MHz/1.26V| Noctua NH-D14| 16GB ADATA@1800Mhz| Gigabyte GTX 660 WF OC| Samsung 840 Pro 128GB; Samsung 860 Pro 256GB; Samsung 860 EVO 500GB| Seasonic SS-650KM3 Gold| CM Storm QuickFire Ultimate| Mionix Naos 7000|

Here's a list of what I've watched/am watching and reading

Watched/Read

Dragon Ball

DBZ

DB Super

Initial D

Naruto (Original)

Cowboy Bebop

Akira

Fairy Tail

Seven Deadly Sins

Assassination Classroom

Spirited Away

One Punch Man

Watching/Reading

Berserk (reading)

Promised Neverland (reading)

My Hero Academia (both)

I've been working on my anime list, I'm sitting at about 300 titles now without really going season by season.

2 hours ago, schwarzerrogen said:

I've been working on my anime list, I'm sitting at about 300 titles now without really going season by season.

Tons of downloaded series more than half watched. No anime list. Would probably be too time consuming making a list now.

Like watching Anime? Consider joining the unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society~ ^.^

2 hours ago, NCIX Lampy said:

We should get Linus a therapist 

Apparently this exists... I don't think we should ask why. 

about 20 seconds in, fuckin nope.

Old shit no one cares about but me.

On 5/9/2017 at 5:35 AM, schwarzerrogen said:

SAO is it's own kettle.....

Attack on Titan - These people had crazily advanced weapons....

SAO- I rather liked SAO when i first watched it, but it did get repetitive and old somewhat quickly; which is my issue with MMOs as a whole though lol.  Elfheim arc was trash, and annoyed the fuck out of me. GGO arc on the other hand i really liked, but that may be because i'm a gun nut.

AoT- There's a lot that doesn't add up in this anime, but most anime's are like that.  In terms of technology they explain why cannons and other means aren't very effective against titans in terms of killing them.  Also while the 3-d gear is pretty advanced it's about the only thing that stands out as more advanced than anything else.  Technological development isn't very even in the real world so i accept this for AoT.  For instance the first "steam engine" was invented during the roman era, but the industrial revolution didn't occur until many centuries afterwards. 

On 5/9/2017 at 6:36 AM, schwarzerrogen said:

but as I got older the forced panty shots and 'teehee titties' lost it's relevance for me, and actually started alienating me from things as I wanted more substance in my anime and manga. 

This!
When i was a kid giant physics defying boobs were enough to get me to watch most anime, but now it annoys me when an anime spends more time on fan service than an actual plot.  Freezing is a prime example of this.  It's also one of the reason most Harem anime's annoy me; though there are other issues i have with that genre as well. 

AoT- There's a lot that doesn't add up in this anime, but most anime's are like that.  In terms of technology they explain why cannons and other means aren't very effective against titans in terms of killing them.  Also while the 3-d gear is pretty advanced it's about the only thing that stands out as more advanced than anything else.  Technological development isn't very even in the real world so i accept this for AoT.  For instance the first "steam engine" was invented during the roman era, but the industrial revolution didn't occur until many centuries afterwards. 

I'm just going to say this, the universe of AoT is more modern than you realize. 

[Out-of-date] Want to learn how to make your own custom Windows 10 image?

Desktop: AMD R9 3900X | ASUS ROG Strix X570-F | Radeon RX 5700 XT | EVGA GTX 1080 SC | 32GB Trident Z Neo 3600MHz | 1TB 970 EVO | 256GB 840 EVO | 960GB Corsair Force LE | EVGA G2 850W | Phanteks P400S

Laptop: Intel M-5Y10c | Intel HD Graphics | 8GB RAM | 250GB Micron SSD | Asus UX305FA

Server 01: Intel Xeon D 1541 | ASRock Rack D1541D4I-2L2T | 32GB Hynix ECC DDR4 | 4x8TB Western Digital HDDs | 32TB Raw 16TB Usable

Server 02: Intel i7 7700K | Gigabye Z170N Gaming5 | 16GB Trident Z 3200MHz

I'm just going to say this, the universe of AoT is more modern than you realize. 

Indeed, recent developments really shine a light on things.

I appreciate you not spoiling it, but i've long suspected there are higher technological powers at play than displayed in season 1.  Season 2 is hinting at that as well.

I look at the humans within the walls as something akin to a petri dish.  A nice little self contained environment where organisms are left to grow in a manner they see fit in response to external stimuli, or the lack there of which seems to have been the case up until the wall was breached. 

I appreciate you not spoiling it, but i've long suspected there are higher technological powers at play than displayed in season 1.  Season 2 is hinting at that as well.

I look at the humans within the walls as something akin to a petri dish.  A nice little self contained environment where organisms are left to grow in a manner they see fit in response to external stimuli, or the lack there of which seems to have been the case up until the wall was breached. 

Well it was more meant towards not spoiling for others. I could go into it more but I won't here.

[Out-of-date] Want to learn how to make your own custom Windows 10 image?

Desktop: AMD R9 3900X | ASUS ROG Strix X570-F | Radeon RX 5700 XT | EVGA GTX 1080 SC | 32GB Trident Z Neo 3600MHz | 1TB 970 EVO | 256GB 840 EVO | 960GB Corsair Force LE | EVGA G2 850W | Phanteks P400S

Laptop: Intel M-5Y10c | Intel HD Graphics | 8GB RAM | 250GB Micron SSD | Asus UX305FA

Server 01: Intel Xeon D 1541 | ASRock Rack D1541D4I-2L2T | 32GB Hynix ECC DDR4 | 4x8TB Western Digital HDDs | 32TB Raw 16TB Usable

Server 02: Intel i7 7700K | Gigabye Z170N Gaming5 | 16GB Trident Z 3200MHz

Well it was more meant towards not spoiling for others. I could go into it more but I won't here.

Thanks as i only follow the anime and i'm only on whatever the latest episode of season 2 is.

My petri dish comment was based on my observations of the episodes i've seen thus far in comparison to human development in the real world. 

17 hours ago, DeadEyePsycho said:

Yeah, it gets incredibly silly near the end. The author is just pulling shit out of his behind at this point.

The quality of the storytelling is roughly at fanfic level.

15 hours ago, Urishima said:

Yeah, it gets incredibly silly near the end. The author is just pulling shit out of his behind at this point.

The quality of the storytelling is roughly at fanfic level.

It's set in like the early 1900s, right? 

4 hours ago, AniJan said:

It's set in like the early 1900s, right? 

I've got no clue, nothing makes sense.

I mean, could be?

Hmm, so I just preordered the Kimi no Na Wa (Your Name) UltraHD bluray set on amiami ($110ish without shipping)...and I forgot that ultraHD bluray was a mess with DRM.

So I have to buy a UltraHD bluray drive ($130...that one pioneer one)

and then build a whole new PC with a Kaby Lake CPU / Z270 board / DDR4...Just to play the ultraHD bluray / attempt to rip it (I'm sure someone will break the encryption on UHD bluray...)

I don't get it...I thought legally buying the disc was supposed to make it easier to play back...not make me have back to go download it from a torrent anyway...

2 hours ago, NCIX Lampy said:

WHAT DA FUCK?!!? 

what about it

3 hours ago, Tr3vor said:

what about it

I had no idea!!!

2 minutes ago, NCIX Lampy said:

I had no idea!!!

yeah, I found that out a while back, there were a few interesting images of madoka comparisons. shaft shafted it up after the fact, for sure.

http://www.richirocko.com/madoka-magica-bd-vol-1-blu-ray-vs-tv/

Here is the calendar for keeping up with HSC gaming events: https://calendar.google.com/calendar/embed?src=4t11i5l77il0ucp82skdlaiufc%40group.calendar.google.com&ctz=America/Chicago

Vote here now for HSC's gaming events.

http://www.rkursem.com/poll/view.php?id=fcfbe4f315b1fddf6

You can add your own answers and check multiple boxes. 

I can administrate this poll so if I see someone trolling, I can undo the trolling. And I'm stubborn enough to do it consistently, so YMMV but I doubt it will be worth trolling.

You can also change your answers, so if you see someone added something you didn't vote for but want, go for it.

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

2 minutes ago, Vitalius said:

Vote here now

http://www.rkursem.com/poll/view.php?id=fcfbe4f315b1fddf6

You can add your own answers and check multiple boxes. 

I can administrate this poll so if I see someone trolling, I can undo the trolling. And I'm stubborn enough to do it consistently, so YMMV but I doubt it will be worth trolling.

You can also change your answers, so if you see someone added something you didn't vote for but want, go for it.

I voted but I don't know why I am voting, I'm confuzled.

Intel Xeon 1650 V0 (4.4GHz @1.4V), ASRock X79 Extreme6, 32GB of HyperX 1866, Sapphire Nitro+ 5700XT, Silverstone Redline (black) RL05BB-W, Crucial MX500 500GB SSD, TeamGroup GX2 512GB SSD, WD AV-25 1TB 2.5" HDD with generic Chinese 120GB SSD as cache, x2 Seagate 2TB SSHD(RAID 0) with generic Chinese 240GB SSD as cache, SeaSonic Focus Plus Gold 850, x2 Acer H236HL, Acer V277U be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 4, Logitech K120, Tecknet "Gaming" mouse, Creative Inspire T2900, HyperX Cloud Flight Wireless headset, Windows 10 Pro 64 bit

Hello Heaven Society!

I am RMA'ing my motherboard at the moment so can't play games and I would like to watch some anime in the meantime. I'm looking for something that isn't over 50 episodes (but 12 is fine), and something at least recent enough that the art is digital. 

I like just about everything but harem and mecha.

I don't mind if it's mainstream or not. Thanks!

qυoтe мe pleaѕe!

Me at the Apple store: "So how fast is this little macbook?"

Apple employee: "Cheetah Fast. Lightning Fast. It's Really, really, fast."

Just now, Natsoup said:

Hello Heaven Society!

I am RMA'ing my motherboard at the moment so can't play games and I would like to watch some anime in the meantime. I'm looking for something that isn't over 50 episodes (but 12 is fine), and something at least recent enough that the art is digital. 

I like just about everything but harem and mecha.

I don't mind if it's mainstream or not. Thanks!

Infinite Stratos but if you will be brave boy to watch ecchi & harem then also watch To love ru

My Rig : https://pcpartpicker.com/list/MTBd2R

My VM Server : https://pcpartpicker.com/list/rPR6gL

My Backup Server : https://pcpartpicker.com/list/cRQYYr

My Storage Server : https://pcpartpicker.com/list/tzzR9W

My Router : https://pcpartpicker.com/list/bMPN4C

My Laptop : Lenovo Z575 with 6 GB RAM (1866 MHz), Crucial MX300 525 GB & Western Digital 2 TB (Removed optical drive)