Anime Club - Heaven Society

JLCitadel
On 5/15/2017 at 4:15 PM, Natsoup said:

Hello Heaven Society!

I am RMA'ing my motherboard at the moment so can't play games and I would like to watch some anime in the meantime. I'm looking for something that isn't over 50 episodes (but 12 is fine), and something at least recent enough that the art is digital. 

I like just about everything but harem and mecha.

I don't mind if it's mainstream or not. Thanks!

Here are some that i didn't see mentioned that i liked.

1. Hellsing (crunchyroll & funimation)

2.  Hellsing Ultimate (funimation)

3. Berserk (crunchyroll)

4. Psychopass (Crunchyroll & funimation)

5. My bride is a mermaid (funimation)- this one has some harem elements but is very watchable (i dislike harems too)

6. Fate/stay Franchise (Crunchyroll & Funimation)- I say franchise because there are multiple different series. 

7.  Saga of Tanya the Evil (crunchyroll)

8. Deadman Wonderland (funimation)

9. The seven deadly Sins (netflix)

10. The asterisk war (cruncy & funimation)  Also has harem elements, but still very watchable. season 2 is better than season 1 imho.

1 hour ago, Technicolors said:

well i know @TopWargamer just left on a trip to japan i think 

yep and finestryebread is there with him 

both of them are goin next year as well, along with vitalius, me, maybe helping if i can convince him and maybe another or 2

Edit: forgot kitty... catclouds comin too Supposedly 

Tsubasa (The 7680x1440 beast): CPU: Intel i7 8086k | Cooler: Fully Custom Rigid Loop MOBO: Asus Z370-I ITX | GPU: Nvidia Titan Xp Star Wars | RAM: 32Gb 2x16gb Gskill Trident Z RGB | SSD: Samsung 1TB 970 Evo Nvme, 2TB Micron Sata SSD | Case: Fractal Design Nano S | PSU: Corsair SF600 With Full custom cables  

52 minutes ago, That_Random_Guy said:

yep and finestryebread is there with him 

both of them are goin next year as well, along with vitalius, me, maybe helping if i can convince him and maybe another or 2

Edit: forgot kitty... catclouds comin too Supposedly 

hmm can i join? 

18 hours ago, RX78-2 said:

Newbie here. Can someone explain to me why a forum attached to LTT has its own quite large anime community?

Why not? Is there a problem?

hmm can i join? 

That would be cool, a bunch of community members going on a trip.

Like watching Anime? Consider joining the unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society~ ^.^

4 hours ago, TetraSky said:

Just because you or others you know may not be into it

Lol, check my username. I'm one of you.

2 minutes ago, RX78-2 said:

I'm not into Gundam so I didn't get the reference. I also don't make it a habit of randomly googling people's usernames so... yeah. Obviously I didn't get it.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

Eh, whatever. I'm just surveying all the anime forums online and Linus keeps on shilling for his forum existing so I stopped by.

hmm can i join? 

i dont see why not. personally i think the more people the better it will be but theres alot of work that needs to be done. only confirmed goin for sure is me, bread and top and most likely kitty, vitalius is idk but seems likely and its rubbing off on helping but i'd say closer to no for him. 

we dont have any confirmed dates other then its sometime in may or june since were all out of school and hopefully not in july cause too hot. that being said were looking at prices on sharing a place and its like 1500 or less flights included if we share a decent sized place. more plaaning will come soon. but we need for the flights for may and june to come available and also to plan a date and ill start presenting places to everyone once we do all those things and we can go from there....

should also note were goin for at least 2 weeks maybe 3 and if you dont stay for that you wont pay that extra amount. we will section off prices based on how long you stay.

Tsubasa (The 7680x1440 beast): CPU: Intel i7 8086k | Cooler: Fully Custom Rigid Loop MOBO: Asus Z370-I ITX | GPU: Nvidia Titan Xp Star Wars | RAM: 32Gb 2x16gb Gskill Trident Z RGB | SSD: Samsung 1TB 970 Evo Nvme, 2TB Micron Sata SSD | Case: Fractal Design Nano S | PSU: Corsair SF600 With Full custom cables  

13 minutes ago, RX78-2 said:

It's not always easy to spot autism(Chinese Cartoon watchers). 

Like watching Anime? Consider joining the unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society~ ^.^

Luckily when we all go to Japan next year, most of the research is already done from Rye and I's trip. As in like stuff to do in Tokyo. We would just have to research any other cities we would go to and make an itinerary. Tokyo itself is insanely massive though. You can spend a 2 week trip here and still have stuff leftover to see.

Also since it seems like quite a few of us are going, it may be best for the group to split off into smaller breakaway groups at times. Some people may want to do one thing while others will not want to. 

COMIC SANS

2 hours ago, That_Random_Guy said:

i dont see why not. personally i think the more people the better it will be but theres alot of work that needs to be done. only confirmed goin for sure is me, bread and top and most likely kitty, vitalius is idk but seems likely and its rubbing off on helping but i'd say closer to no for him. 

we dont have any confirmed dates other then its sometime in may or june since were all out of school and hopefully not in july cause too hot. that being said were looking at prices on sharing a place and its like 1500 or less flights included if we share a decent sized place. more plaaning will come soon. but we need for the flights for may and june to come available and also to plan a date and ill start presenting places to everyone once we do all those things and we can go from there....

should also note were goin for at least 2 weeks maybe 3 and if you dont stay for that you wont pay that extra amount. we will section off prices based on how long you stay.

i figure i might have an answer in the fall, but i hafta see if i can scrape up some money 

7 minutes ago, Technicolors said:

i figure i might have an answer in the fall, but i hafta see if i can scrape up some money 

You can get by on a total trip budget of $2000. More is preferred. Once your plane ticket and accommodation are bought, you're going to have to make whatever is leftover stretch and last 2 weeks among food, swag, transportation, etc. The metro alone has destroyed my wallet. I'm at $90 spent and I still have a week left in my trip. 

COMIC SANS

Just recently picked up Wolf Children (ironically, on Mother's day). It was expensive, but that animation quality was nothing short of breathtaking. The story hit all of the right notes as well. 

This movie very much highlights why I enjoy anime and cartoons so much. While I have difficulty drawing emotions from other people, in a cartoon, emotion and intent can be conveyed through the art. Live action movies and shows do not tend carry that same sense of wonder and emotional weight for me (though I will watch animated movies, that Charlie Brown movie was pretty great). 

My eyes see the past…

My camera lens sees the present…

10 minutes ago, Zodiark1593 said:

Just recently picked up Wolf Children (ironically, on Mother's day). It was expensive, but that animation quality was nothing short of breathtaking. The story hit all of the right notes as well. 

This movie very much highlights why I enjoy anime and cartoons so much. While I have difficulty drawing emotions from other people, in a cartoon, emotion and intent can be conveyed through the art. Live action movies and shows do not tend carry that same sense of wonder and emotional weight for me (though I will watch animated movies, that Charlie Brown movie was pretty great). 

That was a good movie. 

It makes full use of the medium.

Def love all of the dude's films. 

2 hours ago, Technicolors said:

we've added you to the discord group if you wanna join whenever. that being said we dont need an answer as of yet but we do need a date all of us agree on so we can start preping ourselves

all info regarding what we wanna do as well as what the plan is will be posted there

8 hours ago, Thunderpup said:

snip

Thanks, added a few to my list.

qυoтe мe pleaѕe!

Me at the Apple store: "So how fast is this little macbook?"

Apple employee: "Cheetah Fast. Lightning Fast. It's Really, really, fast."

On 17.5.2017 at 10:29 PM, Thunderpup said:

The asterisk war

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF...

ASS WAR! HOLEEEEEEEE SHIET!

It's.. It's bad.. it's terrible. Every single detail about it sucks. It's like a practical exercise in what NOT to do when... animating, story-writing, character designing, ...

I deal in shitposts and shitpost accessories.

So this is not anime related but since a lot of people put it with anime (I don't know why, I think it's because it made a really bad attempt of trying to be related to anime) I gave RWBY a shot and it's just so bad. I really did give it a chance and it just did not work out. It just feels like a shitty knock off of a 3D game with movable characters that someone decided to call an "american anime". I do not recommend watching it. Just watch something else. There were bits and pieces that I did enjoy, but overall it's just bad. 

I feel like there was potential for it, but I really think if that's the case then it needed time to get sorted out before releasing. 

17 minutes ago, NCIX Lampy said:

So this is not anime related but since a lot of people put it with anime (I don't know why, I think it's because it made a really bad attempt of trying to be related to anime) I gave RWBY a shot and it's just so bad. I really did give it a chance and it just did not work out. It just feels like a shitty knock off of a 3D game with movable characters that someone decided to call an "american anime". I do not recommend watching it. Just watch something else. There were bits and pieces that I did enjoy, but overall it's just bad. 

I feel like there was potential for it, but I really think if that's the case then it needed time to get sorted out before releasing. 

I watched the entire first season because... masochism, I suppose?

People are trying hard to like it because of Monty's death, I think.

3 hours ago, Urishima said:

People are trying hard to like it because of Monty's death, I think.

who is that

The guy who came up with the whole thing. He died a few years ago. He was close friends with Ross O'Donovan (Rubberninja) from Game Grumps.