Anime Club - Heaven Society

JLCitadel

Here's a pile of 90's anime (in no particular order) that might fit the bill depending on your mood. I'll omit Evangelion since I figure if you haven't seen it yet, you probably don't wanna.

Kare Kano: a romcom about actual relationship stuff, with a willingness to explore some of the iffier parts of teenage relationships and the tropes therein. Gets a bit weird at the end because Studio Gonzo.

Great Teacher Onizuka: a man who spent his youth as a gangster goes back to teach troubled students, and deal with their problems while being a charming badass.

I'm going to steal your recommendations, think i'll like them :o I remember i have kare kano on hold, but the other one

"So get ready for math that doesn't add up, language you'd be slapped for using, and biology that would make a grown man blush... unless of course, you're the Great Teacher Onizuka."

How can you make 47 episodes of that though?

-----------------

On episode 9 of Gakkou gurashi, i hope they keep this up and doesn't let me down in the end. Will finish it in a couple of hours, i'm praying.

Rig: I5-3570K@4.3Ghz - Cooler Thermaltake Frio Advanced - Ram Kingston 1333Mhz 8gb (2x4) - GPU GTX 970 4GD5T OC - Motherboard Z77MA-G45 - PSU CoolerMaster GX II 750w - Storage WD 500gb HDD - Sound Edifier M3700 5.1 - Headset Corsair Vengeance 1500 - Mouse Razer Deathadder 2013 - Keyboard Razer Anansi - Mousepad Steelseries QcK+ - Xbox 360 Wireless Controller x2

ryKgDFv.jpg

How'd you feel about Speed Grapher?

was a let down to me after hearing it get tossed around a few times.

mother of fuck @KingCry you keep using up so many pics and some of them are in my archives that I wait to use when the situation and context comes up. Thanks for pre-emptively stealing the thunder, again.

I have great patience for this and many niche images.

Error: 410

12033809_423347881190055_1949393923_n.jp

|King Of The Lost|
Project Dark: i7 7820x 5.1GHz | X299 Dark | Trident Z 32GB 3200MHz | GTX 1080Ti Hybrid | Corsair 760t | 1TB Samsung 860 Pro | EVGA Supernova G2 850w | H110i GTX
Lava: i9 12900k 5.1GHz (Undervolted to 1.26v)| MSI z690 Pro DDR4| Dominator Platnium 32GB 3800MHz| Power Color Red Devil RX 6950 XT| Seasonic Focus Platnium 850w| NZXT Kraken Z53
Unholy Rampage: i7 5930k 4.7GHz 4.4 Ring| X99 
Rampage|Ripjaws IV 16GB 2800 CL13| GTX 1080 Strix(Custom XOC Signed BIOS) | Seasonic Focus Platinum 850w |H100i v2 
Revenge of 775: Pentium 641 | Biostar TPower i45| Crucial Tracer 1066 DDR2 | GTX 580 Classified Ultra | EVGA 650 BQ | Noctua NH D14

How'd you feel about Speed Grapher?

was a let down to me after hearing it get tossed around a few times.

That's one I've been meaning to watch, but haven't had time to yet. Ya wants we should try ta watch it at the same time, boss?

How can you make 47 episodes of that though?

They found a way. It's actually not as repetitive as I feared, and has some really kick-ass moments if you like those kinds of stories (plus the OPs are pretty damn great)

That's one I've been meaning to watch, but haven't had time to yet. Ya wants we should try ta watch it at the same time, boss?

I mean I don't feel like watching it again. It was unique, I guess. Didn't find it all that interesting or enjoyable.

Albedo is bae.

the hell are you on about? she doesn't do anything

she takes up the entire ED but does basically nothing in the show execpt be overly attached because skeletor put that in her code "for giggles" and not for comedic and fan service convenience.

of people that get screen time, she's ironically least bae while being the most important.

bbCSJhz.jpg?1

Evangelion is so good. The only thing better than it are the memes.

lmao that Tumblr post

Kaworu best grill

Error: 410

That's one I've been meaning to watch, but haven't had time to yet. Ya wants we should try ta watch it at the same time, boss? They found a way. It's actually not as repetitive as I feared, and has some really kick-ass moments if you like those kinds of stories (plus the OPs are pretty damn great)

I just realize you might be the user with more likes to posts ratio

I heard of teacher onizuka before but i never thought the anime had so many episodes, glad to hear it's not repetitive

Error: 451                             

I'm not copying helping, really :P

I mean I don't feel like watching it again. It was unique, I guess. Didn't find it all that interesting or enjoyable.

Ah, duh. Misread your post. That's what I get for staying up past my old-man nap time.

I heard of teacher onizuka before but i never thought the anime had so many episodes, glad to hear it's not repetitive

Guess it's a shame I'm not the type to get excited about "likes" and the like :D

GTO is the kind of show that, if you're enjoying it after a few episodes, you'll probably enjoy it all the way through, warts and all. If it's not for you, you'll know after at most 6 episodes.

Actually it was what i was fearing too.

I will watch it for sure, but i already marathoned Nana which was another 47 ep anime and i wanna watch some others u.u

Man i wish i could divide myself and watch all the anime i wanna watch at the same time.

Rig: I5-3570K@4.3Ghz - Cooler Thermaltake Frio Advanced - Ram Kingston 1333Mhz 8gb (2x4) - GPU GTX 970 4GD5T OC - Motherboard Z77MA-G45 - PSU CoolerMaster GX II 750w - Storage WD 500gb HDD - Sound Edifier M3700 5.1 - Headset Corsair Vengeance 1500 - Mouse Razer Deathadder 2013 - Keyboard Razer Anansi - Mousepad Steelseries QcK+ - Xbox 360 Wireless Controller x2

mother of fuck @KingCry you keep using up so many pics and some of them are in my archives that I wait to use when the situation and context comes up. Thanks for pre-emptively stealing the thunder, again.

I have great patience for this and many niche images.

a3ad9d9fa3.gif

That is what happens when I have nothing to do I just post random photo's from my computer, sorry :(

316d73260c.jpg

|King Of The Lost|
Project Dark: i7 7820x 5.1GHz | X299 Dark | Trident Z 32GB 3200MHz | GTX 1080Ti Hybrid | Corsair 760t | 1TB Samsung 860 Pro | EVGA Supernova G2 850w | H110i GTX
Lava: i9 12900k 5.1GHz (Undervolted to 1.26v)| MSI z690 Pro DDR4| Dominator Platnium 32GB 3800MHz| Power Color Red Devil RX 6950 XT| Seasonic Focus Platnium 850w| NZXT Kraken Z53
Rampage|Ripjaws IV 16GB 2800 CL13| GTX 1080 Strix(Custom XOC Signed BIOS) | Seasonic Focus Platinum 850w |H100i v2 
Revenge of 775: Pentium 641 | Biostar TPower i45| Crucial Tracer 1066 DDR2 | GTX 580 Classified Ultra | EVGA 650 BQ | Noctua NH D14

a3ad9d9fa3.gif

That is what happens when I have nothing to do I just post random photo's from my computer, sorry :(

316d73260c.jpg

We performed that midget routine in one of our dorm christmas parties in HS.

everybody was just dying of laughter.

TBH it's really exhausting to do

|CPU: Intel i7-5960X @ 4.4ghz|MoBo: Asus Rampage V|RAM: 64GB Corsair Dominator Platinum|GPU:2-way SLI Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 980's|SSD:512GB Samsung 850 pro|HDD: 2TB WD Black|PSU: Corsair AX1200i|COOLING: NZXT Kraken x61|SOUNDCARD: Creative SBX ZxR|  ^_^  Planned Bedroom Build: Red Phantom [quadro is stuck in customs, still trying to find a cheaper way to buy a highend xeon]

soooo cpu is going form 30% to 0% just randomly..... im scared.

44caec1e6ede00ad0e3cced74687b5b7.png

Cpu:

Intel i5 4460 Motherboard:Msi Z97S Sli krait Ram:HyperX Fury White (2x4) Storage:Seagate 1tb/Samsung 850 Evo 120gb Gpu:Gtx 960 2gb sc Case:S340 Black Psu:Corsair Rm 650w 80+ Gold certified

My anime list : http://myanimelist.net/animelist/KRImSIN

Finished Gakkou Gurashi!

I liked it, had my doubts but it's pretty good. The ending was a fucking rollercoaster, i have to say there's a particular thing in it i didn't like because it's just stupid to think about it, but appart from that it's pretty darn feelsy and the ones that wrote the story did it on porpouse, fuck them. I liked that they managed to give sort of an ending to the first season, but also tease the viewer about more.

Be warned, there's stuff after the credits. They better fucking animate more content, they can't do this to me and then force me to read the manga.

Managed to finish a few of this season's series tonight (though I'll probably give my final thoughts on the series themselves in a few days).

Rinne (25). decent.

This wasn't too bad as far as season-enders go, because it was the kind of idea you might expect yet it didn't drag too much out (aside from the overused "granny" joke). I can't say it was terribly funny, but it had its moments and certainly managed to liven itself up with a few unexpected scenes. They also mixed in some of what passes as romance in this series, and it worked out pretty well. Overall, a win as far as this series goes, but lacking a bit of its usual energy somehow. It did its job of keeping my interest for the next season, which should rejuvenate things handily with the new cast-members it's due to introduce.

Working!!! (13). good.

Well well... this was actually a decent closer. And the series did end on a good note, if you ignore all the pointless crap about Takanashi's mom, which might as well have just been contained in the one-hour special they teased after the closing credits. Also if you weren't hoping for a more substantial arc from Souma, or much of anything with Matsumoto. But those things aren't this episode's fault. It provided ample closure to not just the other romance of the series, but also gave Poplar a level up and ended things on a "life will go on" note that suits the series well enough. In fact, this is likely the strongest ending episode to this kind of sitcom anime that I've seen in a long while. It's definitely hindered by the post-episode teaser, but I'm willing to ignore that as it's completely tacked on and unnecessary for closing out the story... it's just a lame extra.

Ore Monogatari (24). so-so.

This was a pretty contrived plot to end things on, but then I guess they couldn't think of a more engaging way to end the series than on a bit of the ol' forced drama. It at least sort of fits Takeo's character (after they recently pumped up his confidence issues for this purpose), and it wasn't melodramatic, so I guess I can live with it. But it felt unconvincing whenever it took things more seriously than making it all a joke. Ultimately it was acceptably cute and fun, it wasn't a compelling end to the series. I would rather have seen them give Suna an anime-original ending while Takeo learned to call Rinko by her first name, but I guess this is all we'll get unless they get a second season. And to be honest, I think I've had more than my fill of this show for one lifetime. It feels like the anime could have ended ages ago and I wouldn't have noticed a substantial difference. I'm not sure if that's quite good or bad, but looking back on the series I doubt I'll remember much about it other than its ED and what you could pick up from its image on anidb.

soooo cpu is going form 30% to 0% just randomly..... im scared.

44caec1e6ede00ad0e3cced74687b5b7.png

sounds like its time to upgrade :D 

Please quote me or tag me if your trying to talk to me , I might see it through all my other notifications ^_^

Spoiler
Spoiler
the current list of dead cards is as follows 2 evga gtx 980ti acx 2.0 , 1 evga gtx 980 acx 2.0 1600mhz core 2100mhz ram golden chip card ... failed hardcore , 1 290x that caught fire , 1 hd 7950 .

may you all rest in peaces in the giant pc in the sky

Managed to finish a few of this season's series tonight (though I'll probably give my final thoughts on the series themselves in a few days).

Working!!! (13). good.

Well well... this was actually a decent closer. And the series did end on a good note, if you ignore all the pointless crap about Takanashi's mom, which might as well have just been contained in the one-hour special they teased after the closing credits. Also if you weren't hoping for a more substantial arc from Souma, or much of anything with Matsumoto. But those things aren't this episode's fault. It provided ample closure to not just the other romance of the series, but also gave Poplar a level up and ended things on a "life will go on" note that suits the series well enough. In fact, this is likely the strongest ending episode to this kind of sitcom anime that I've seen in a long while. It's definitely hindered by the post-episode teaser, but I'm willing to ignore that as it's completely tacked on and unnecessary for closing out the story... it's just a lame extra.

Woah woah.

I'm watching it, right now.

Working!!! (13). good.

I guess when you put it that way it does make sense as a final episode.

Watched episode 18 of Gundam 00.

At first I liked Nena Trinity. Then episode 18 comes along. I now hate her.

e0079307_47f9648ad2272.jpg

Blarg

So, this happened not to long ago with some friends. not related to anime at all, but I have to share it cause it was hilarious, or well, we all thought it was hilarious. 

Situation

Four of us at a table: Me, Chris, John (super short, 5'1", and he's 22), and Geordan (black friend)

Geordan: John (little man) kind of looks like a leprechaun. 

John: *Something something snarky comment*

*Few minutes later*

Chris: Geordan, stop being black and looking through my bag!

Me: He's probably looking for John's pot of gold. 

Everybody except John:

5862e7e485.gif

Me: 

https://puu.sh/kpJfV/daa63287e3.webm

(You have no idea how perfect the timing was. So proud of myself.)

COMIC SANS

12002105_1492482991067263_29475235295360

11895105_1488399904808905_89238569552238

|King Of The Lost|