Anime Club - Heaven Society

JLCitadel

Everything you listed is why it was funny but you kinda watched it with your serious hat on which is fine, it won't be for everyone but I found it and might I add my gf found it hilariously funny. Sometimes you need a good slapstick laugh and it fits the bill perfectly fine imo. It would of made a fairly decent serious anime with a bit of tweaks here and there but that's besides the point, it isn't meant to be.

idk

maybe it was funny because you were watching with other people, usually standards are dropped for crowds.

I watch a lot of non-serious stuff, I didn't intend on taking Shimoneta seriously. I'm not penalizing it or judging it on anything else than the comedy (partially because I can't having not seen that much of it)

Looked formulaic like -do something sexual related and follow that up with MC reacting to it-

I don't really find physical perversion funny. Sex jokes are great and all, but I never saw any worth laughing and some of them were such low hanging fruit that I wished I didn't bother reading it. It's probably suffering due to translations, but it sounds like 6th grade perverted humor where everyone cracks jokes about all the poon they (didn't) hit and liberally use big fancy spicy words they just learned.

I sat through two full episodes, it did do a fantastic job of putting me to sleep. I'll give it that.

@Vitalius the fuck is that alien tech

where do u plug the mouse and monitor plz

Error: 410

Edit:

@Vitalius

I see you missed everything that happened earlier :P

Oh, completely then.

TL;DR?

For those of you who actually like learning about the Japanese Animation process, here's an update from Under the Dog covering what an "animation director" is. http://under-the-dog.com/en/news/animation-director/

The Animation Director for UtD is Masahiro Sato. You know of his work if you've seen:

5 Centimeters per Second (3DCG animator)

Blood The Last Vampire (Key Animator)

FMA: The Movie - Conqueror of Shambala (Key Animator)

I could go on. Dude has worked on a lot of good anime.

Fun fact:

63-Anthea-chan-comment_E2-e1442925962672

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

look newb , you dont know how shit goes in this thread obvs xD we talk about everything 

Oh? want me to start joining this conversation Cuz your "newb" on my list.

Be fucking have, he makes a point, and we said it thousands of pages, try and stay on topic, just because we tend to derail doesn't mean we have to derail.

we are most of the time chill about it but the derailing does get annoying when it turns to spamming and complete nonsense.

Alright? alright!

"high five"

@Benji_w ...i´d like to say something but all i can think of right now is "just chill" if you get bothered by something take it with Fred, me, Vitalius or Charger. 

mkay? Kewl.

Now im going to go watch more streams and be bored.

Atw1nyW.gif

Oh, completely then.

TL;DR?

For those of you who actually like learning about the Japanese Animation process, here's an update from Under the Dog covering what an "animation director" is. http://under-the-dog.com/en/news/animation-director/

Fun fact:

-snip-

TL;DR

Benji likes shitposting, like a lot of people here, other people don't and argued with with him. Now Benji makes jokes about not shitposting and staying on topic. All in good fun of course.

Ordered the 2-in-1 of the 'All You Need is Kill' manga off of amazon. It was only $12 so I'm a very happy camper. I just hope that that and the other books I ordered actually arrive this time.

Bleach sucks?

You know what's easier than buying and building a brand new PC? Petty larceny!
If you're worried about getting caught, here's a trick: Only steal one part at a time. Plenty of people will call the cops because somebody stole their computer -- nobody calls the cops because they're "pretty sure the dirty-bathrobe guy from next door jacked my heat sink."

​I personally don't bother to watch anime much. I dunno. I love it, but so much of it is crap I can't be asked to anymore. Maybe one day...

Don't worry, you just haven't found the right anime yet ;) We'll be here to help recommend something to you when you feel up to it.

Looked formulaic like -do something sexual related and follow that up with MC reacting to it-

Shimoneta is just a comedy that relies on a certain sense of humor, or for the kinds of people who want to believe it's some form of commentary on Japanese repression. But if you don't find its rudimentary sex humor funny, or like your would-be social commentary to have some actual bite, then you're probably in the same boat as a lot of us. I wouldn't be surprised if Prison School or Monmusu had the better sex humor, and possibly the better social commentary, all things considered.

From the Mighty No. 9 kickstarter stuff:

Mighty No. 9 will release in North America on February 9th, 2016 and will release for the rest of the world on February 12th, 2016.

Insignificant Quest Log (it's a large image who's URL doesn't end in a file extension:
https://ksr-ugc.imgix.net/assets/004/255/743/7476402b5dfc8bc756a0b91d04fa79b0_original.png?v=1438643773&w=639&fit=max&auto=format&lossless=true&s=20dad4371ec1ce2276148af3d51ed6e3

This one updates as time passes and is interactive:
http://significantgames.com/insignificant-quest

Insignificant Steam Green Light page:
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=438047217

vote yes or u r insignificant /kek

7 Days to Die Alpha 13.0 preview video:

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

From the Mighty No. 9 kickstarter stuff:

Mighty No. 9 will release in North America on February 9th, 2016 and will release for the rest of the world on February 12th, 2016.

Great, around the same time i might lose my job! how nice, i perfect pick me up...if i even have cash for it lel. (i forgot to support the game >_>)

7 Days to Die Alpha 13.0 preview video:

-snip-

Super excited for this. All of their number changing updates (11.x to 12, 12.x to 13, etc.) are huge. Especially excited for the new zombie animations and floodlights.

If you're worried about getting caught, here's a trick: Only steal one part at a time. Plenty of people will call the cops because somebody stole their computer -- nobody calls the cops because they're "pretty sure the dirty-bathrobe guy from next door jacked my heat sink."

Super excited for this. All of their number changing updates (11.x to 12, 12.x to 13, etc.) are huge. Especially excited for the new zombie animations and floodlights.

You know what I like?

THAT THEY ARE ACTUALLY GOOD AT GAME DEVELOPMENT.

The fact that their numbers aren't just numbers and really signify progress shows that not only do they have a plan, but they can (mostly, but mostly meaning 95+%) stick to it. 

It's actually really refreshing when compared to the issues the other games I've kickstarted have.

† Christian Member †

Shimoneta is just a comedy that relies on a certain sense of humor, or for the kinds of people who want to believe it's some form of commentary on Japanese repression. But if you don't find its rudimentary sex humor funny, or like your would-be social commentary to have some actual bite, then you're probably in the same boat as a lot of us. I wouldn't be surprised if Prison School or Monmusu had the better sex humor, and possibly the better social commentary, all things considered.

I could see that it's trying for that. It was more like social mumbling as a derivative result. That just happens to be a feature like a newly discovered bug in a program.

Not really worth mentioning that aspect and I wouldn't think too much of it.

I don't have plans for zoophilia or sexy jail, neither really seem appealing. I had low expectations for Shimoneta and it managed to go below that.

I'm all for toilet humor, but this just seemed like unintelligible gibberish like a convention of kids in Guy Fawkes masks.

Error: 410

Great, around the same time i might lose my job! how nice, i perfect pick me up...if i even have cash for it lel. (i forgot to support the game >_>)

its k

its k

i got u

Thanks to our partners at Humble Bundle, the Special Demo Version of Mighty No. 9 is now available for our backers!

i share demo via torrent later

i cant play it anyway on linux (only for windows)

† Christian Member †

^ Listen to the man ^

This man has given up his addiction to shitposting and is being a productive member of this thread, how dare you tell him to do otherwise! Your lack of support for him to stay clean disgusts me.

Edit:

@Vitalius

I see you missed everything that happened earlier :P

:ph34r: N'aww you're all so cute with the way you read into things, adult life will be very entertaining for you.

Oh? want me to start joining this conversation Cuz your "newb" on my list.

Be fucking have, he makes a point, and we said it thousands of pages, try and stay on topic, just because we tend to derail doesn't mean we have to derail.

we are most of the time chill about it but the derailing does get annoying when it turns to spamming and complete nonsense.

Alright? alright!

"high five"

@Benji_w ...i´d like to say something but all i can think of right now is "just chill" if you get bothered by something take it with Fred, me, Vitalius or Charger. 

mkay? Kewl.

Now im going to go watch more streams and be bored.

Atw1nyW.gif

I've no problems here, I like the pets you keep here even if I do play rough with them, it's only because they're so cute and I just want to mush them a little!  :D

Spoiler

Chernobyl

AMD FX8350 @ 5GHz | Asus Sabretooth 990FX R2 | 16GB HyperX Savage @1950mhz CL9 | 120GB Kingston SSDNow

EK AMD LTX CSQ | XSPC D5 Dual Bay | Alphacool NexXxoS XT45 240mm & Coolgate Triple HD360

Spoiler

Kraken

Intel i5 4670K Bare Die 4.9GHz | ASUS Maximus VII Ranger Z97 | 16GB HyperX Savage 2400MHz | Samsung EVO 250GB

EK Supremecy EVO & EK-MOSFET M7G  | Dual 360mm Rads | Primochill CTR Phase II w/D5 | MSI GTX970 1670MHz/8000MHz

Graphic Design Student & Overall Nerd

Don't worry, you just haven't found the right anime yet ;) We'll be here to help recommend something to you when you feel up to it.

Lol where's that salt shaker!?

Spoiler

Chernobyl

AMD FX8350 @ 5GHz | Asus Sabretooth 990FX R2 | 16GB HyperX Savage @1950mhz CL9 | 120GB Kingston SSDNow

EK AMD LTX CSQ | XSPC D5 Dual Bay | Alphacool NexXxoS XT45 240mm & Coolgate Triple HD360

Spoiler

Kraken

Intel i5 4670K Bare Die 4.9GHz | ASUS Maximus VII Ranger Z97 | 16GB HyperX Savage 2400MHz | Samsung EVO 250GB

EK Supremecy EVO & EK-MOSFET M7G  | Dual 360mm Rads | Primochill CTR Phase II w/D5 | MSI GTX970 1670MHz/8000MHz

You know what I like?

THAT THEY ARE ACTUALLY GOOD AT GAME DEVELOPMENT.

The fact that their numbers aren't just numbers and really signify progress shows that not only do they have a plan, but they can (mostly, but mostly meaning 95+%) stick to it. 

It's actually really refreshing when compared to the issues the other games I've kickstarted have.

They definitely are.

Make more money than expected. Pocket money? No, hire more people to make the game even better and expand on what was originally planned.

I'm very happy about that. Most version numbers of things seem to be completely arbitrary, whereas their version numbers actually tell you the difference between updates with a little bit of content and bugfixes and huge game changing updates.

I've never actually backed a kickstarter project, I even just got this one off of steam after a friend told me about it. I'm thinking about donating to them though, because this game is worth much more than the 15 or 20 dollars I paid for it, and it isn't even done yet. I can't wait to see where they take it.

Edit: Ah, I keep forgetting.

Bleach sucks?

I don't have plans for zoophilia or sexy jail, neither really seem appealing. I had low expectations for Shimoneta and it managed to go below that.

I'm all for toilet humor, but this just seemed like unintelligible gibberish like a convention of kids in Guy Fawkes masks.

Oh, I wasn't recommending them :D

Lol where's that salt shaker!?

"Please stay on-topic" :P

But that's comedy for you. One man's hilarious semi-social-commentary comedy about sex is another's "meh, Beavis and Butthead did it way better in the mid-90s".

Bleach is amazing, some of you should try drinking it once in a while to help increase mental agility!  :ph34r:

Spoiler

Chernobyl

Spoiler

Kraken

Oh yeah that Megaman's spiritual successor game, a friend of mine was pretty hype about that a year or two back.

Oh, I wasn't recommending them :D

"Please stay on-topic" :P

But that's comedy for you. One man's hilarious semi-social-commentary comedy about sex is another's "meh, Beavis and Butthead did it way better in the mid-90s".

Yo fuck you man, don't be talking shit about BB like that... not cool.

Spoiler

Chernobyl

Spoiler

Kraken

Yo fuck you man, don't be talking shit about BB like that... not cool.

"Please read what I wrote before etc etc"

Nowhere did I talk shit about Beavis and Butthead, for that would be sacrilege. (Uhhuh.. huhuhuh... he said sack...)

"Please read what I wrote before etc etc"

Nowhere did I talk shit about Beavis and Butthead, for that would be sacrilege. (Uhhuh.. huhuhuh... he said sack...)

Most the stuff you post is boring so I just skim it tbh, Can we get back to anime now or are you still being a salty baby? I mean you spent fuck knows how long saying the same thing over and over, just give us warning if this is your new thing.  :P

Spoiler

Chernobyl

Spoiler

Kraken