HTC coming out with a cheaper plastic one m8

EPICSNIPER145

I wonder how many people will buy this; in my mind the m8 takes a huge hit by losing that premium build. Hopefully it works out for HTC.

Awesome, I can just wrap the plastic one in aluminium foil and save 400$. :) All jokes aside, this is really good if you want the functionality but don't really care about the metal body... or you have a case..

Eclipse Version 3: i5 9600K | Asus Strix Z390| GTX 1070 | 16GB Kingston Beast | Samsung 840 EVO 500GB SSD [2] +WD Blue 1TB | NZXT H440 | EVGA 750 W | Dark Rock Pro 4| Beyerdynamic DT880 Premium

I wonder how many people will buy this; in my mind the m8 takes a huge hit by losing that premium build. Hopefully it works out for HTC.

But the profit margin goes up so it'll be interesting to see how this pans out.

Mein Führer... I CAN WALK !!

still $500 lol ._.

Stuff:  i7 7700k @ (dat nibba succ) | ASRock Z170M OC Formula | G.Skill TridentZ 3600 c16 | EKWB 1080 @ 2100 mhz  |  Acer X34 Predator | R4 | EVGA 1000 P2 | 1080mm Radiator Custom Loop | HD800 + Audio-GD NFB-11 | 850 Evo 1TB | 840 Pro 256GB | 3TB WD Blue | 2TB Barracuda

Hwbot: http://hwbot.org/user/lays/ 

FireStrike 980 ti @ 1800 Mhz http://hwbot.org/submission/3183338 http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/11574089

This may just end up being One Mini and have reduced specifications.

The stone cannot know why the chisel cleaves it; the iron cannot know why the fire scorches it. When thy life is cleft and scorched, when death and despair leap at thee, beat not thy breast and curse thy evil fate, but thank the Builder for the trials that shape thee.

Every phone I buy goes into a case, mostly to protect it's condition for when I trade it in for credit when getting a new phone. So I could care less if the body is made out of plastic or metal. I'm getting a new phone this year, but waiting until after September so I can see what the G3 and Nexus 6 have to offer. A more affordable M8 will definitely make me consider it as a possible option.

i7 2600K @ 4.7GHz/ASUS P8Z68-V Pro/Corsair Vengeance LP 2x4GB @ 1600MHz/EVGA GTX 670 FTW SIG 2/Cooler Master HAF-X

http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/3591491194

That's a massive price drop, although the build quality is one of the main selling points of the HTC One.

@EPICSNIPER145, could you edit the source to be http://www.gsmarena.com/htc_will_produce_more_affordable_plastic_one_m8-news-8285.php because you posted a mobile link.

HTTP/2 203

Is this what the OnePlusOne is suppose to be? I thought it was suppose to have a metallic body?

you clearly didnt get what i was saying i was saying they should learn from the price a plastic back should make the phone alot cheaper....

still $500 lol ._.

It's still more than $200 off, which is pretty big. If I were buying contract, though, I'd go with the full aluminum m8.

if you have to insist you think for yourself, i'm not going to believe you.

Apple should learn from this!

So we will have no one left making normal built phones? Noo.

iPhone 5c......

So we will have no one left making normal built phones? Noo.

OMG i was saying they should learn with the pricing u know how apple only made there iphone 5c like $100 cheaper than the good quality iphone5....

you clearly didnt get what i was saying i was saying they should learn from the price a plastic back should make the phone alot cheaper....

Maybe when you thought about it was like that, but to us this is what we saw:

Apple should learn from this!

Next time, be more specific then...

Still too damn expensive.

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

meh me no likey

Asus M5A99X Evo  - AMD FX-8350 - 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1866Mhz - Corsair 120mm Quiet Edition Fans BenQ XL2411Z- EVGA GTX 980 Superclocked Fractal Design Define R4 - Corsair H100i - 2 TB 7200rpm HDD - Samsung 840 Evo 120GB - Corsair RM750w PSU - Logitech G502 Proteus Core - Corsair K70 RGB MX Red - Audio Technica M50x + Modmic 4.0 - LG 23EA63V x2

Spinthat Spinthat Spinthat Spinthat

I have the m8 and paid full retail for it to keep my unlimited. The build quality was one of the primary reasons I bought due to my active lifestyle. I'm sure that a plastic based body has a market out there for the m8 but to me it would be a definite no go

Yeah I would buy one but Im kinda pissed that phones these days cost around 400-500 euros the most I would spend is around 200- 300