what instrument(s) do you play and for how long?

zachthetree

I play piano, guitar, and i sing and used to play trombone 🙂

piano for almost 6 years

singing since the dawn of time

and guitar for about a year or 2

trombone was 3 years in band

I used to play the trumpet for band for 3 years. One year I was in the jazz band (best time I had in band). 

CPU Cooler Tier List  || Motherboard VRMs Tier List || Motherboard Beep & POST Codes || Graphics Card Tier List || PSU Tier List 

Main System Specifications: 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X ||  CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Air Cooler ||  RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB(4x8GB) DDR4-3600 CL18  ||  Mobo: ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero X570  ||  SSD: Samsung 970 EVO 1TB M.2-2280 Boot Drive/Some Games)  ||  HDD: 2X Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB(Game Drive)  ||  GPU: ASUS TUF Gaming RX 6900XT  ||  PSU: EVGA P2 1600W  ||  Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow  ||  Mouse: Logitech G502 Hero SE RGB  ||  Keyboard: Logitech G513 Carbon RGB with GX Blue Clicky Switches  ||  Mouse Pad: MAINGEAR ASSIST XL ||  Monitor: ASUS TUF Gaming VG34VQL1B 34" 

1 minute ago, CommanderAlex said:

I used to play the trumpet for band for 3 years. One year I was in the jazz band (best time I had in band). 

dude jazz is like(in my opinion) the swaggiest genre of music if you know what youre doing. Im writting a piece with some jazz inspired chords rn actually.

1 minute ago, zachthetree said:

dude jazz is like(in my opinion) the swaggiest genre of music if you know what youre doing. Im writting a piece with some jazz inspired chords rn actually.

I did this back in middle school and I took jazz band in 8th grade. I didn't continue on in high school (I kinda wish I did looking back at it now). I remember us having 15-20 minutes in homeroom to practice for jazz band, with rehearsals after school hours.  

CPU Cooler Tier List  || Motherboard VRMs Tier List || Motherboard Beep & POST Codes || Graphics Card Tier List || PSU Tier List 

Main System Specifications: 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X ||  CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Air Cooler ||  RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB(4x8GB) DDR4-3600 CL18  ||  Mobo: ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero X570  ||  SSD: Samsung 970 EVO 1TB M.2-2280 Boot Drive/Some Games)  ||  HDD: 2X Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB(Game Drive)  ||  GPU: ASUS TUF Gaming RX 6900XT  ||  PSU: EVGA P2 1600W  ||  Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow  ||  Mouse: Logitech G502 Hero SE RGB  ||  Keyboard: Logitech G513 Carbon RGB with GX Blue Clicky Switches  ||  Mouse Pad: MAINGEAR ASSIST XL ||  Monitor: ASUS TUF Gaming VG34VQL1B 34" 

Piano, since about two years (so it still hurts anyones ears lol).

Epic fun though 🙂

As of right now my main instruments are electric and acoustic guitar and bass trombone.

Been active in brass bands for over 20 years now, started with the cornet, went over to baritone horn, tenor trombone and most of the last decade was bass trombone, though I did play solo trombone for another brass band for three years who were lacking personnel and their conductor, a friend of mine, asked me to help out. I also played the tuba for a project band under a fairly famous English brass band conductor because they had a spot open, which was fun, but I'll stick with the bass trombone, because it's a lot of fun playing the lower registers in fortissimo with the sound a trombone produces.

I also have 18 years experience on the electric guitar and played in a few bands that never went anywhere. Nowadays I mostly play for myself and record a few songs and snippets whenever I stumble across something that sounds halfway decent between my noodling. I'm not a proficient shredder by any means, never took the time to learn some of the more advanced techniques, but I'm generally happy with my abilities.

Other than that, I'm the type of guy that tries to play every type of instrument I can get my hands onto. I've got two electric bass guitars that I, in typical guitarist fashion, refuse to learn how to play properly, just to piss off actual bass players. There's also a drum set in my cellar, which I know how to play a bit. I can play a few pieces on the piano and anything else with a similar keyboard. I gifted a ukulele to my girlfriend that I sometimes also play on and a few other smaller novelty instruments like a stylophone. And of course the prerequisite midi controller for use with a DAW. 

Stuff I'd still like to get my hands on are the theremin and ondes martenot for sure and maybe finally a banjo.

And now a word from our sponsor: 💩

-.-. --- --- .-.. --..-- / -.-- --- ..- / -.- -. --- .-- / -- --- .-. ... . / -.-. --- -.. .

ᑐᑌᑐᑢ

Spoiler

▄██████                                                      ▄██▀

▄█▀   ███                                                      ██

▄██     ███                                                      ██

███   ▄████  ▄█▀  ▀██▄    ▄████▄     ▄████▄     ▄████▄     ▄████▄██   ▄████▄

███████████ ███     ███ ▄██▀ ▀███▄ ▄██▀ ▀███▄ ▄██▀ ▀███▄ ▄██▀ ▀████ ▄██▀ ▀███▄

████▀   ███ ▀██▄   ▄██▀ ███    ███ ███        ███    ███ ███    ███ ███    ███

██▄    ███ ▄ ▀██▄██▀    ███▄ ▄██   ███▄ ▄██   ███▄ ▄███  ███▄ ▄███▄ ███▄ ▄██

▀█▄    ▀█ ██▄ ▀█▀     ▄ ▀████▀     ▀████▀     ▀████▀▀██▄ ▀████▀▀██▄ ▀████▀

▄█ ▄▄      ▄█▄  █▀            █▄                   ▄██  ▄▀

▀  ██      ███                ██                    ▄█

██      ███   ▄   ▄████▄   ██▄████▄     ▄████▄   ██   ▄

██      ███ ▄██ ▄██▀ ▀███▄ ███▀ ▀███▄ ▄██▀ ▀███▄ ██ ▄██

██     ███▀  ▄█ ███    ███ ███    ███ ███    ███ ██  ▄█

█▄██  ▄▄██▀    ██  ███▄ ▄███▄ ███▄ ▄██   ███▄ ▄██  ██  ██

▀███████▀    ▄████▄ ▀████▀▀██▄ ▀████▀     ▀████▀ ▄█████████▄

29 minutes ago, zachthetree said:

used to play trombone 🙂

16 minutes ago, Avocado Diaboli said:

trombone

F*CK YEA!

Trombone player for.... 4 years, 5 years next augest in band. HS Band and show band (jazz band) is fun, but what I love is horn line rock.

Trumpet for 3 years january

Baritone for 3 years.... at some point. I dont own one but I can play one.

I played Bass Trombone for Jazz band for Jazz Band last year. That was AMAZING

Im also working on playing Saxophone, not great at all though

I could use some help with this!

please, pm me if you would like to contribute to my gpu bios database (includes overclocking bios, stock bios, and upgrades to gpus via modding)

Bios database

My beautiful, but not that powerful, main PC:

prior build:

Spoiler

Piano for... 8 years now? 7? Not sure.

Long enough that I'm considered "advanced intermediate" level according to the Internet.

Currently working on learning ASGORE.

elephants

Oboe/bassoon for 31 years

Alto/Barry saxophone for 29 years

Dulcimer for 21 years

Bagpipes for 8 years

Now learning piano being that I bought a grand piano for my house.....

Current Build

AMD Ryzen 2600

Stock cooler

Asus ROG B450f gaming Mobo

1tb SKHynix m.2

WD 1TB HDD

Asus ROG Strix RX 5700xt

Thermaltake Toughpower 650w DPS RGB 80+Gold

16 Gigs ddr4 3000 gskill ram

Phantek fans

Phanteks P400TG

Laptop

Eluktronics Prometheus XVII

Ryzen 7 5800h

32 gigs ddr4 Corsair ram

Nvidia rtx 3080 max-p

17.3 qhd 165 hrz screen

1tb Samsung m.2

1tb WD black m.2

Still a youngin so don't got much experience

have played piano for 9-10 years

flute for 3 years, started 7th grade band but quit after 9th grade due to director incompetence

did choir in 4-6th grade but quit to do band - though I sing random crap sometimes

Don't forget to use the "Quote" feature or mention me ( @Gegger) if you want me to see your reply!

Community Standards // Forum Quickstart Guide // Floatplane // Forum FAQ // The Parrot Gang
Banned by Linus in the "banning game" thread who added insult to injury by putting this crap in my sig >(

WE ARE THE DARK SIDE Don't be a light theme peasant

Spoiler

........:oo:........

o//ssssssssyhhysssss+////o               .''''''''''''''. 

mddmmm/::ddddddddddddddmmmyss::/mmN       |   PARTY ON   |

o..+oodddmmmhhhhhhhhhhhdmmmmmdddooy       | ,............'

h::oyyhddmmm+++///////////++++++mmmddy::s  |/

Nyyo[[sddhyyyyy::::::::::::::::::::yyymmh//oyym

h..:oohmm+:://///::::////////////////+mmmmms..sNN

m++sddmmm+::hddhhy::+ddddddddddddddhhhmmmmmdhh+++d

Nsssyyhmmhssooodmmhhh::+mmdyyyyyyyyddddddmmmmmmmmo::d

mmd../mmmmmo::shhdmmhhh::+mmhooooooooyhhmmmmmmmmmmmyssdmm

+++++smmdddo::///dmmhhh::+mmhooooooooooommmmmddddmmmdd/++m

``+hhhmmhoo/:::::oooooossymmhooooooooyyymmdoooooydddmmo//N

++:mmmmmy:::::::::::::/yyhmmhooooooooyhhmmd:::::+yyhmmyssddd

ooommmmmy:::::::::::::://ommhooooooooooommd:::::://shhdmm+..

yyhmmh++/::::::::::::::::+mmhooooooooyyymmd::::::::/++hmm+//

dddmmh++/::::::::::::::::+mmhooooooooyhhddh:::::::::::hmmysshhd

mmmmmdhhs::::::::::::::::+mmhoooooooohhhhhy:::::::::::hmmhhh``+

mmmmmh++/::::::::::::::::+mmdhhsooooodmm++/:::::::::::hmmsss``+

dddmmhoo+::::::::::::::::+dddddyssyyydmm::::::::::::::hmmsoo++o

dddmmdhho::::::::::::::::+hhdmmddddmmmmm::::::::::::::hmmsooNNN

mmmmmh///::::::::::::::::+hhdmmmmmmmmddd::::::::::::::hmmsoo++/

yyhmmdss+::::::::::::::::/ooydddmmmmmsoo::::::::::::::yddhyy::+

++ommmmmy:::::::::::::::::::ohhdmmddd/::::::::::::::::shhdmmsssNNNmmN

..+mmmmmy:::::::::::::::::::://shh+//:::::::::::::::::://dmmmmdoo+..o

``+dddmmhss+:::::::::::::::::::+++/::::::::::::::::::::::ooodddhhysshNNy++m ``+hhdmmdhhs///:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::yyymmmmmmmmo++hNNmdd ``+hhdmmdhhhhh+:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::/hhhhhdmmmmmsoo... ``+ddmmmdhhhhhyyyyyyyyyyyo:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::+++++sdddmmdhhsss//+ ``+mmmmmhsshhhhhhhhhhhhhhy++/:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::+ssyyydmmddd///hhd ``+mmmmmy::shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhs:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::ymmmmmmmh../ ``+mmmmmy:://////////////ohhhyy+::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::///hddmmmhhs++s ``+mmmmmhssssssssssssssssydddddysssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssdddmmmmmy::s ``+mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmhooh

Not consistently, but I started playing cello about 26 years ago. Guitar and bass for about 20. I used to be fairly good at cello, played in statewide competitions and got first in the state a few times back in highschool. Can still read sheet music and play, but I've lost some of my ability over the years. Plus, after several years of playing with full orchestras, putting car stereos in, working with power tools, and being around boom sticks a few times without earplugs, I have some fairly obnoxious tinnitus that ramps up; I rarely even listen to loud music anymore.

Protect your ears, you will appreciate it later.

My Current Setup:

AMD Ryzen 5900X

Kingston HyperX Fury 3200mhz 2x16GB

MSI B450 Gaming Plus

Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo

EVGA RTX 3060 Ti XC

Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2TB

WD 5400RPM 2TB

EVGA G3 750W

Corsair Carbide 300R

Arctic Fans 140mm x4 120mm x 1

Played my Stratocaster for like 6 years, with a wild love for Jimi Hendrix when i was young. Learned to play Keyboard which i did for 1 1/2 years until i learned that i like to beat up drums, which i did also in my later years..

I´m not "excellent" at any of it, i play well, but having hypermobility in my joints, which converted to artritis, banging drums or playing guitar makes my fingers swell and become unusable.. so i just stopped..

Still have my stratocaster, and hopefully i can make my Son fall in love with music.

Guitar for about ~15y I guess. Was in a band during high school as a lead guitarist. Haven’t been consistent since then though;(

Have an electric for some noodling and a classical for a special mood 🙂

Did a bit of singing and piano lessons along the way too

I started playing guitar 20ish years ago and I am still quite rubbish in playing it. Since I graduated my interest got quite low. I have spent tons of money in guitar equipment which is now sitting down on the other side of the planet. I found great 7 string guitar for the bargain price and that is the only instrument that I am playing from time to time by using PC as an “amp”. 

I've been playing the piano for about 6-8 years and started playing the guitar about 3-4 years ago.

And I've recently gotten into composition about a year ago, so yea.

Also, "Practice 40 hours a day, or Lingling might be disappointed in you"

"A high ideal missed by a little, is far better than low ideal that is achievable, yet far less effective"

If you think I'm wrong, correct me. If I've offended you in some way tell me what it is and how I can correct it. I want to learn, and along the way one can make mistakes; Being wrong helps you learn what's right.

I've been playing the saxophone for about 15 years at this point

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

8 hours ago, Gegger said:

Still a youngin so don't got much experience

have played piano for 9-10 years

flute for 3 years, started 7th grade band but quit after 9th grade due to director incompetence

did choir in 4-6th grade but quit to do band - though I sing random crap sometimes

dont feel bad lol, Im only 15 so- yea I still have a long ways to go but thankfully I got accepted to the state wide selections for a music school in my state, so if I pass this round, I get to go to a month long boarding music school in june.