Obama allowed the NSA to esploit the heartbleed bug

AlexGoesHigh

http://mobile.theverge.com/2014/4/13/5610166/obama-creates-exception-for-nsa-to-exploit-internet-security-flaws

so another reason to light the torches and grab the pitchforks? Anyways this is just dumb, also I'm on the phone and will be for a few days, anybody feel free to ad the informancion out of the source

this is one of the greatest thing that has happened to me recently, and it happened on this forum, those involved have my eternal gratitude http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/198850-update-alex-got-his-moto-g2-lets-get-a-moto-g-for-alexgoeshigh-unofficial/ :')

i use to have the second best link in the world here, but it died ;_; its a 404 now but it will always be here

Anyone else think it was a robot bug that makes your heart bleed?

I can't find my Obama gif, so...

lZIYaFj.gif

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

Oh dear, Obama there is no way you are getting voted back in. Unless you cheat, again.

Someone told Luke and Linus at CES 2017 to "Unban the legend known as Jerakl" and that's about all I've got going for me. (It didn't work)

Oh dear, Obama there is no way you are getting voted back in. Unless you cheat, again.

presidents can only serve a max of 2 full terms silly. So there is no way he could get voted in.

Anyone else think it was a robot bug that makes your heart bleed?

no

No one thinks that. Just you.

Motherboard - Gigabyte P67A-UD5 Processor - Intel Core i7-2600K RAM - G.Skill Ripjaws @1600 8GB Graphics Cards  - MSI and EVGA GeForce GTX 580 SLI PSU - Cooler Master Silent Pro 1,000w SSD - OCZ Vertex 3 120GB x2 HDD - WD Caviar Black 1TB Case - Corsair Obsidian 600D Audio - Asus Xonar DG

Hail Sithis!

presidents can only serve a max of 2 full terms silly. So there is no way he could get voted in.

ACTUALLY

Under the new law, Obama Rule, anyone of African American descent who was born in Hawaii and has a last name starting with an O can run for an indefinite number of years and is granted 51% of the the votes automatically!

- "some salty pretzel bun fanboy" ~ @helping, 2014
- "Oh shit, watch out guys, we got a hopscotch bassass here..." ~ @vinyldash303

- "Yes the 8990 is more fater than the 4820K and as you can see this specific Video card comes with 6GB" ~ Alienware 2014

Obama allowed heartbleed bug

let's be honest here, how many of the people in Government would even know what this is? Let alone Obama 

conversation probably went like

NSA: yo pres monicaa lemme use this thing that does the thing? it's not that big of a deal

pres: does it make us more secure?

NSA: ofc

pres: ok sure

Error: 410

ACTUALLY

Under the new law, Obama Rule, anyone of African American descent who was born in Hawaii and has a last name starting with an O can run for an indefinite number of years and is granted 51% of the the votes automatically!

I hope you're trolling...

Because I find "birthers" to be quite annoying.

Motherboard - Gigabyte P67A-UD5 Processor - Intel Core i7-2600K RAM - G.Skill Ripjaws @1600 8GB Graphics Cards  - MSI and EVGA GeForce GTX 580 SLI PSU - Cooler Master Silent Pro 1,000w SSD - OCZ Vertex 3 120GB x2 HDD - WD Caviar Black 1TB Case - Corsair Obsidian 600D Audio - Asus Xonar DG

Hail Sithis!

>Not In 'Murica

Someone told Luke and Linus at CES 2017 to "Unban the legend known as Jerakl" and that's about all I've got going for me. (It didn't work)

Hmm, here the president has no way of doing anything like that, he just has the chance to use his veto, and only once.

So here the same decision would've been done by our parliament, not the president.

Stock coolers - The sound of bare minimum

>Not In 'Murica

umm yeah

Hail Sithis!

umm yeah

>I'm not in 'Murica*

http://mobile.theverge.com/2014/4/13/5610166/obama-creates-exception-for-nsa-to-exploit-internet-security-flaws

so another reason to light the torches and grab the pitchforks? Anyways this is just dumb, also I'm on the phone and will be for a few days, anybody feel free to ad the informancion out of the source

Exactly what we should do to people who post mobile links!... Questionable comment aside, I don't see how this is a problem, do you not expect every other super power to do the same? I sure as hell wouldn't expect Russia to do anything but exactly that. It's not like you as an individual is exposed, I quote:

in the event of "a clear national security or law enforcement need,"

>Not In 'Murica

Yes, exactly in America.

well president roosevelt is disagreeing with you

well president roosevelt is disagreeing with you

That was under somewhat extraordinary circumstances...

Pres Roosevelt was president before that law existed. The law was created for the purpose of preventing someone from doing that again..

On topic: Since when did our government get this openly evil? I know the tinfoil-hats have been saying this for years, but I can't believe that the government is now pretty much openly saying that they're going to trample over your rights to privacy by using shady trickery and vague loopholes in the law. All for the purpose of "catching the bad guys"... Right...

Am I missing something or is Obama doing pretty much the exact opposite of what he originally campaigned on?

i7 not perfectly stable at 4.4.. #firstworldproblems

Pres Roosevelt was president before that law existed. The law was created for the purpose of preventing someone from doing that again..

On topic: Since when did our government get this openly evil? I know the tinfoil-hats have been saying this for years, but I can't believe that the government is now pretty much openly saying that they're going to trample over your rights to privacy by using shady trickery and vague loopholes in the law. All for the purpose of "catching the bad guys"... Right...

Am I missing something or is Obama doing pretty much the exact opposite of what he originally campaigned on?

I would like to think that Obama had every intention to hold true to his campaign but it was dashed by the circumstances that were present when he took office, but I find that hard to believe.

Hail Sithis!

I don't think you're missing anything.

"The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter."-Winston Churchill

Even then you have to remember that he was chosen. You do not become president without having a majority of the American population behind you... That is of course if there is no cheating with the votes and I will stay off that topic as I really have no idea what so ever. In any case the law is in place now and Obama will not be running for a third term.

It's a shame though that he's become so hated because I really do think he's been doing good, especially considering the state of the country he was handed by Bush. I feel this has something to do with the people and not the leader, it would not surprise me if the next couple of presidents would each take the title as "most hated president ever".

"The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter."-Winston Churchill

This is also true, as far as I've been able to gather from "over here" is that the average voter is neither particularly intelligent, care about politics at all or have any shape or form of knowledge about how a democracy works (the last can sadly be said for most members of this forum as well ie. Obama being blamed for everything that people somewhat disagree with).

This is also true, as far as I've been able to gather from "over here" is that the average voter is neither particularly intelligent, care about politics at all or have any shape or form of knowledge about how a democracy works (the last can sadly be said for most members of this forum as well

Minority master race?

The stone cannot know why the chisel cleaves it; the iron cannot know why the fire scorches it. When thy life is cleft and scorched, when death and despair leap at thee, beat not thy breast and curse thy evil fate, but thank the Builder for the trials that shape thee.

It's difficult to strike a balance between liberty and security in this modern world that satisfies everyone. It'd be great if we never had to worry about attacks, so security is good. On the other hand, the new tech we have allows us to gather so much data about people and organizations around the world, which can be a problem for some people's privacy.

The issue at hand is that many ways of catching all the fringe cases of threats overlap with methods for infringing on people's privacy. So where to draw the line (is a non-rhetorical question)? Perhaps the line changes over time as potential threats rise and fall. How then do we update these laws quickly to ensure minimal infringement on privacy while also maximizing security? It takes time to create, review, and pass legislation.

The people working on these things are in a very difficult position indeed; we can only hope that they have our collective best interests at heart.

Off topic, but that quote from Benjamin Franklin about liberty and security was written in 1755, and was not at all about the tyranny of a large government (even though it shows up all the time in discussions of government size). The original writing is boring to read, but here is a nice link that explains it.

Even then you have to remember that he was chosen. You do not become president without having a majority of the American population behind you...

See elections of 1860, 1876, and 2000. You don't need a majority to become the President. That's actually one of the things that sparked the formation of the Confederate States of America.

I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason and intellect has intended us to forgo their use, and by some other means to give us knowledge which we can attain by them. - Galileo Galilei
Build Logs: Tophat (in progress), DNAF | Useful Links: How To: Choosing Your Storage Devices and Configuration, Case Study: RAID Tolerance to Failure, Reducing Single Points of Failure in Redundant Storage , Why Choose an SSD?, ZFS From A to Z (Eric1024), Advanced RAID: Survival Rates, Flashing LSI RAID Cards (alpenwasser), SAN and Storage Networking

You guys are getting way of topic now lol. Yes it seems Obama allowed the exploit, however, he probably didn't know what it exactly did and could have been lied to.

Da Rig : Mobo: Asus M5A97-r2.0 | Cpu: FX-8320 (4.1ghz) Stock cooler | Gpu: Sapphire R9 290 | RAM: 16GB Patriot Intel Extreme (1600mhz...for now >:]) | PSU: Antec 620w continuous | SSD: Corsair Force 60gb (boot) | HDD: WD 500GB 7200rpm  WD Blue 1TB | OS: WIndows 7 Ultimate 64-bit |

I still like what Burnie Burns said. Apparently we have systems in place that spy on everyone and track everything you do, but they can't find a missing plane. :P