Custom Water Cooled Desk - 56k warning. Lotsa Pictures! *Now with Table of Contents*

PBaines

Once again very nice build it's so awesome. I simply cannot wait to see the tubing and the cable management together. I like the idea of splitting the tubing to 3 runs when leaving the parts that actually need cooling. It's a nice way to use some of the space in the table.

A couple of questions:

- Will you be cooling your ram as well?

- What exactly is the point in the 2 fans in the right side?

- As I said I like that you have your tubes running 3 side by side and the way they split into 2 and back to 1 in the pump and res area, I'm sure it will look cool. I am curious, though, if that kind of design makes it difficult for the water stream to flow properly and fill  the tubes easily. I mean there is only that much water in a single tube, and all of a sudden that single tube has to fill 3 tubes, and then all the water from 3 tubes has to come together in a single tube again. Any measures of precaution or will it work just fine? 

Once again very nice build it's so awesome. I simply cannot wait to see the tubing and the cable management together. I like the idea of splitting the tubing to 3 runs when leaving the parts that actually need cooling. It's a nice way to use some of the space in the table.

A couple of questions:

- Will you be cooling your ram as well?

- What exactly is the point in the 2 fans in the right side?

- As I said I like that you have your tubes running 3 side by side and the way they split into 2 and back to 1 in the pump and res area, I'm sure it will look cool. I am curious, though, if that kind of design makes it difficult for the water stream to flow properly and fill  the tubes easily. I mean there is only that much water in a single tube, and all of a sudden that single tube has to fill 3 tubes, and then all the water from 3 tubes has to come together in a single tube again. Any measures of precaution or will it work just fine? 

- No, Ram blocks to me are pointless and ugly, the Dominator sticks look fantastic as is. The silver tops of them also fit well with the rest of the aesthetics.

- Well, basically there is still chips and what not on the motherboard itself that still need to have at least a little to no cooling. They are just there to provide a little air for the potential chip that might need the atmost littlest of air

-Basically, once the loop is sealed and 100% no air in it. Basically the middle tube will be the only one moving the water in the tri split. Think about it. As the water leaves the CPU, the fluid will flow through the middle tube mainly, with the sides moving very little, then when it migrates into the one tube on the otherside of the desk it will be mainly the middle tube flowing fluid through

So yes, it will work out fine! So I hope anyway haha :p

Thank you for your questions :)

- No, Ram blocks to me are pointless and ugly, the Dominator sticks look fantastic as is. The silver tops of them also fit well with the rest of the aesthetics.

- Well, basically there is still chips and what not on the motherboard itself that still need to have at least a little to no cooling. They are just there to provide a little air for the potential chip that might need the atmost littlest of air

-Basically, once the loop is sealed and 100% no air in it. Basically the middle tube will be the only one moving the water in the tri split. Think about it. As the water leaves the CPU, the fluid will flow through the middle tube mainly, with the sides moving very little, then when it migrates into the one tube on the otherside of the desk it will be mainly the middle tube flowing fluid through

So yes, it will work out fine! So I hope anyway haha :P

Thank you for your questions :)

I see, that makes a lot of sense. I suppose there are no problems in more or less stagnant water either, then? I suppose the water in the sides of the tri split will move a bit nevertheless as there is bound to be just a bit of flow.

So the fans will be intake? I assume that'll also cool the ram a bit then. Just for the sake of it.

I see, that makes a lot of sense. I suppose there are no problems in more or less stagnant water either, then? I suppose the water in the sides of the tri split will move a bit nevertheless as there is bound to be just a bit of flow.

So the fans will be intake? I assume that'll also cool the ram a bit then. Just for the sake of it.

Well, it shouldn't get stagnant. It will still move ever so much which should be enough to keep it under control.

Yup, correct again! Basically yeah. it was all just for the "sake" of it. Wasn't 100% necessary but thought I may as well

Well, it shouldn't get stagnant. It will still move ever so much which should be enough to keep it under control.

Yup, correct again! Basically yeah. it was all just for the "sake" of it. Wasn't 100% necessary but thought I may as well

Great, very interesting and nicely thought out. This lead me to my (for now) final question, which I probably should have just asked before as well... How will you manage dust in your system? Will the 2 intake fans be covered by dust filters or will you just hope for the best? And your rads and dust?

Edit: Nope, some more: In your early video you talked about 16 Noctua NF-P12 fans for your rads (if I remember correctly) to have a full push-pull-config. What did you end up doing in that regard?

- Plans for overclock?

- Will the top be made of glass so you can see through?

not even close! lol,

I am on 4Mb/s down and  and 0.5Mb/s up :(

I currently get 0.6 down and 0.3 up

Awesome, watched the video and I can see it's turning out really great.

So many things I could write here... things like this.

This looks insanely amazing, It's just owwwwwwwwwwwwww so nice. Can't wait to see the final set up complete.

Great, very interesting and nicely thought out. This lead me to my (for now) final question, which I probably should have just asked before as well... How will you manage dust in your system? Will the 2 intake fans be covered by dust filters or will you just hope for the best? And your rads and dust?

Edit: Nope, some more: In your early video you talked about 16 Noctua NF-P12 fans for your rads (if I remember correctly) to have a full push-pull-config. What did you end up doing in that regard?

- Plans for overclock?

- Will the top be made of glass so you can see through?

I have an air compressor, so will just give everything a blow out, and vacuum all the dust up. Super simple and easy. Intake fans will have filters most probably due it blowing air on components, where as the rads just blow in and out and a lot easier to clean out

That was before I kinda thought shit... Don't need to spend that much money, may as well save it for something better. The rads only need 4 on them as they are huge and having push/pull won't give me much of a performance increase.

Of course, will have a play around with the cpu and gpu once I have her all up and running.

The glass is dark tinted safety glass :)

"fucking amazing" :D  I said it out loud at the same time you did in the video! I can't wait to see this thing finished up

Best build log ever. (Mainly because you have lambs  :P)

CPU: RYZEN 5 2600   Motherboard: MSI B450I GAMING PLUS AC   Memory: CORSAIR VENGEANCE LPX 16GB 3200MHZ   Storage: TEAM GROUP MP33 1TB

GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 FTW   Case: COOLER MASTER NR200P   PSU: CORSAIR SF600   Mouse: G PRO WIRELESS   Keyboard: ANNE PRO 2

Pbaines jesus i know kiwi internet is bad but not that bad. Whats ur area? I live in henderson, auckland and i get about 15 down and 7 up.

Pbaines jesus i know kiwi internet is bad but not that bad. Whats ur area? I live in henderson, auckland and i get about 15 down and 7 up.

I am 15 minutes out of Feilding (By Palmy) in a rural area 

2764074057.png

you should quit working and build these things for a living, damn, amazing :)

I7 3930K @4.4 GHz  /  Asus rampage 4 formula  / 4x 8gb kingston hyperx blue low profile / gtx 980  / 2x ssd 500gb samsung 840 / 500gb 840evo ssd   /  500 GB WD blue /  windows 7 ultimate
my build: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/133477-750d-finished/

Wow man your skills in both computer building and carpentry are amazing, I can't wait to see the finished system. 

So I spelt something wrong in my post... I don't care I don't read through what I write and I type very quickly.

Intel 3770k stock, MSI Z77A-GD65, MSI GTX 760, Corsair Vengence DDR3 1600Mhz 16Gb, Corsair RM 550W, Samsung 830 256Gb, some random hdds.

For a custom desk like this with no parts just the desk unit probably around $850usd.

Though If I were to add a PSU and customise the cables ready for installation of a setup It would be a bit more.

How... how much more. $$

If you could put the pictures as spoilers please? (Just a suggestion :)) My computer almost dies whenever I click on this thread. 

CPU: RYZEN 5 2600   Motherboard: MSI B450I GAMING PLUS AC   Memory: CORSAIR VENGEANCE LPX 16GB 3200MHZ   Storage: TEAM GROUP MP33 1TB

GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 FTW   Case: COOLER MASTER NR200P   PSU: CORSAIR SF600   Mouse: G PRO WIRELESS   Keyboard: ANNE PRO 2