Custom Water Cooled Desk - 56k warning. Lotsa Pictures! *Now with Table of Contents*

PBaines

I was wondering, are you not afraid of the wood's natural twisting due to humidity / temperature and so on? Especially considering the glass you are putting in.

Or is the wood you use some kind of OSB?

Frost upon these cigarettes.... lipstick on the window pane...

This is amazing

Desktop:  MSi GTX 680 Lightning - MSi Mpower Z77- i7 3770k - Asus Xonar DGX  - 16Gb Ares Ram - GX 750w PSU

Laptop: MSi GE 60 - GTX 765m - i74700MQ - 8gb ram

I was wondering, are you not afraid of the wood's natural twisting due to humidity / temperature and so on? Especially considering the glass you are putting in.

Or is the wood you use some kind of OSB?

Not really haha. I made most of this desk and measurements during the summer time, where the wood where the wood will be as tight/compressed as it ever will be. As it gets moister it will expand making the glass actually fit better. Everything that will be built into this will stand up to the movement that the wood will have over it's time.

Good question though!

Not really haha. I made most of this desk and measurements during the summer time, where the wood where the wood will be as tight/compressed as it ever will be. As it gets moister it will expand making the glass actually fit better. Everything that will be built into this will stand up to the movement that the wood will have over it's time.

Good question though!

Hehe, just came to my mind, because when I built my terrarium out of OSB3 and 2 Glass sliders, I left some room especially around the glass, because of the movement. OSB actually should not be moving, but I measured it, it is anyways ^^ Not that you glass top or anything bursts ^^

Frost upon these cigarettes.... lipstick on the window pane...

Any plans to paint the desk with any particular art?

| NZXT Phantom | i5-2500k @4Ghz | H60 | EVGA GTX 680 Sig2 | 8GB Corsair Vengeance | 

Far out mate, that is phenomenal! Amazing work...

When you are courting a nice girl an hour seems like a second. When you sit on a red-hot cinder a second seems like an hour. That's relativity.

- Albert Einstein

Good question though!

Hey, it must be getting cold up their now, don't let the desk freeze lol :D . Did you get snow?( not stalking been following your stuff on gpforums and saw you are  from Chrstchurch)

FX8120 @ 5.0GHz | Sabertooth 990FX | Patriot Viper Xtreme 8GB @ 2133MHz | Powercolor HD7950 @ 1300/1800 | Bitfenix Shinobi XL Modded | Corsair AX850 | Mushkin 120GB & Seagate 2TB | Bitfenix Recon | 5X SP120 PE | 6X Yate Loon 120mm HS

Koolance 200 Res | 2X Koolance 360 Rads | Danger Den CPX Pro | EK 7950 Block | Koolance CPU Block | Bitspower & XSPC Fittings

Green Machine

amazing! i can already see that it's going to be a pretty amazing build...

This build is cray cray. I be jelly for dis  :D

Some pictures are broken, might be worth checking out :)

So many things I could write here... things like this.

Some pictures are broken, might be worth checking out :)

All right thanks for that, will fix them when I get home from work :)

Great progress shots :)

Akula  | Dimastech Test Bench | Watercooled | Tri GTX 680's | Build of the Week

Mercury | Caselabs Mercury S3 | Watercooled | GTX Titan | Build of the Week

Armada | Define R4 Titanium | Watercooled | EK Waterblocks | Newest Buildlog

wow......just wow

*Corsair 500r * Intel Pentium G3258 @ 4,3 Ghz * 4GB RAM * WD 1TB HDD * Samsung 840 Evo 120GB * MSI GTX 960 4GB * Asus Z97 AR *Corsair VS650 * #KILLEDMYWIFE

you mean to tell me for as long as I have been subscribed to you on youtube all I had to do was find you on here to cheer you on to finish this thing!

you mean to tell me for as long as I have been subscribed to you on youtube all I had to do was find you on here to cheer you on to finish this thing!

Pretty much :p It is certainly a long project!

I have an update to put on YouTube shortly too :)

Super awesome build man! (just to be cliché as possible)

I'm still interested in how you will rout the cables nicely. I'm sure you have it all sorted out by now but though I share anyway :D  You could use a catenary system of fine wire or nylon strung tightly from one short post or hook to another and cable tie or Velcro the cables to the wire which could be layed out in any straight line with 45 or 90 degree bends that you want.  Just an idea that came to me...

Was stoked to find such a build from NZ,  how much on average was shipping to NZ from performance PCs?

Can't wait to see the finished build !

Mate that is the best build i have seen on the forums, the workmanship and quality just amazes me, and it was all done by hand just makes it awesome! 

PC: Corsair C70 Arctic, FX 9370, Corsair H80i, Gigabyte 990fxa-ud3, Corsair Vengence 16gb, Palit JetStream GTX 970, OCZ Vertex 4 128gb and Western Digital Blue 1Tb + 500gb, Antec Gamer 520w

Peripherals: Logitech G19 and SteelSeries Sensei RAW

Toshiba L50-A: i7 4700mq, 8gb, 1TB HDD, GT 740M 2gb

looks awesome.
Don't you think your legs will hit the top of your desk all?

(\__/)

(='.'=)

(")_(") This is Bunny.

Super awesome build man! (just to be cliché as possible)

I'm still interested in how you will rout the cables nicely. I'm sure you have it all sorted out by now but though I share anyway :D  You could use a catenary system of fine wire or nylon strung tightly from one short post or hook to another and cable tie or Velcro the cables to the wire which could be layed out in any straight line with 45 or 90 degree bends that you want.  Just an idea that came to me...

Was stoked to find such a build from NZ,  how much on average was shipping to NZ from performance PCs?

Oh faaanks :B 

I am interested to see how they will come out. Am trying to do them as tidy as possible, though my idea is not set in concrete.

The wire idea is actually awesome! But I am using Lutro0's special wiring which is sooooo easy to route and tame the cables. All I will have to do is have it all set in place for a month in braces, to which I can then remove the braces and the cables will remain just how I left them.

Well, i did quite large orders from PPCS. But I think for smaller orders its about 80nzd, and for larger ones like mine they were something ridiculous like 170nzd.. Ahh well. It is only something I do once in a blue moon so not too worried :)

Mate that is the best build i have seen on the forums, the workmanship and quality just amazes me, and it was all done by hand just makes it awesome! 

Thanks man! A hand built build to me is always fun, modding also. Buying a case and building it where people can literally have a build 100% the same doesn't please me. I like originality :)

looks awesome.

Don't you think your legs will hit the top of your desk all?

No way! haha, if anything it is a bit too tall and am potentially looking at making it not so tall >.<

No way! haha, if anything it is a bit too tall and am potentially looking at making it not so tall >.<

No I mean the thickness of your table top.

img5453d.jpg

If I feel how close my legs are to my arms I would hit the bottom of that table top all the time.

This is why most people have a cut-out where there legs are.

224804-p1060028-1280px-_original.jpeg

(\__/)

(='.'=)

(")_(") This is Bunny.

No I mean the thickness of your table top.

If I feel how close my legs are to my arms I would hit the bottom of that table top all the time.

This is why most people have a cut-out where there legs are.

I am making a keyboard tray so there will be no issue :)

Greetings from Australia mate. Not sure what the swear filters like, but that is a very fucking sleek build mate. Wood finish looks amazing. I was glad you didn't go with a full stain, are you going to wax it? Just to help preserve it?

Keep up the good work mate,

-Noah