What Do You Drive?

Snapy1

Well the Honda idea didn't go to well, it would have become a major pain in the ass but the new car that I'm lusting after is this which is a 1998 Subaru Legacy GT-B and they are bloody rare lol

345-Legacy%20GT-B%20%2827%29.jpg

DESKTOP - Motherboard - Gigabyte GA-Z77X-D3H Processor - Intel Core i5-2500K @ Stock 1.135v Cooling - Cooler Master Hyper TX3 RAM - Kingston Hyper-X Fury White 4x4GB DDR3-1866 Graphics Card - MSI GeForce GTX 780 Lightning PSU - Seasonic M12II EVO Edition 850w  HDD -  WD Caviar  Blue 500GB (Boot Drive)  /  WD Scorpio Black 750GB (Games Storage) / WD Green 2TB (Main Storage) Case - Cooler Master 335U Elite OS - Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate

Well the Honda idea didn't go to well, it would have become a major pain in the ass but the new car that I'm lusting after is this which is a 1998 Subaru Legacy GT-B and they are bloody rare lol

good luck with that, finding one that is in good nick will be hard as well. i have worked at a subaru garage for 3 years and i've never seen one in the flesh and i've seen a 22b with 3k on the clock :P

Rig Specs:

AMD Threadripper 5990WX@4.8Ghz

Asus Zenith III Extreme

Asrock OC Formula 7970XTX Quadfire

G.Skill Ripheartout X OC 7000Mhz C28 DDR5 4X16GB  

Super Flower Power Leadex 2000W Psu's X2

Harrynowl's 775/771 OC and mod guide: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/232325-lga775-core2duo-core2quad-overclocking-guide/ http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/365998-mod-lga771-to-lga775-cpu-modification-tutorial/

ProKoN haswell/DC OC guide: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/41234-intel-haswell-4670k-4770k-overclocking-guide/

"desperate for just a bit more money to watercool, the titan x would be thankful" Carter -2016

good luck with that, finding one that is in good nick will be hard as well. i have worked at a subaru garage for 3 years and i've never seen one in the flesh and i've seen a 22b with 3k on the clock :P

You're are a mechanic?

And yea they're going to be a pain to find, I've seen some online with one in decent condition with 105,000 miles for £1,250 but I'm trying to find more information about the turbocharged EJ20 engine because I've been informed that they can suffer with head gaskets and big-end failure though I will be looking at rebuilding the engine anyway.

DESKTOP - Motherboard - Gigabyte GA-Z77X-D3H Processor - Intel Core i5-2500K @ Stock 1.135v Cooling - Cooler Master Hyper TX3 RAM - Kingston Hyper-X Fury White 4x4GB DDR3-1866 Graphics Card - MSI GeForce GTX 780 Lightning PSU - Seasonic M12II EVO Edition 850w  HDD -  WD Caviar  Blue 500GB (Boot Drive)  /  WD Scorpio Black 750GB (Games Storage) / WD Green 2TB (Main Storage) Case - Cooler Master 335U Elite OS - Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate

clutch_grande_zpsc1c43fae.jpg

.... I'd say this is where the bullsh*t starts...

whenttheclutchdrops_zpsae7da875.gif

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

You're are a mechanic?

And yea they're going to be a pain to find, I've seen some online with one in decent condition with 105,000 miles for £1,250 but I'm trying to find more information about the turbocharged EJ20 engine because I've been informed that they can suffer with head gaskets and big-end failure though I will be looking at rebuilding the engine anyway.

nah. i just clean the cars and make them all shiny on saturdays. i used to work there all week in the school holidays, but i have 2 jobs now :P

Rig Specs:

AMD Threadripper 5990WX@4.8Ghz

Asus Zenith III Extreme

Asrock OC Formula 7970XTX Quadfire

G.Skill Ripheartout X OC 7000Mhz C28 DDR5 4X16GB  

Super Flower Power Leadex 2000W Psu's X2

Harrynowl's 775/771 OC and mod guide: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/232325-lga775-core2duo-core2quad-overclocking-guide/ http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/365998-mod-lga771-to-lga775-cpu-modification-tutorial/

ProKoN haswell/DC OC guide: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/41234-intel-haswell-4670k-4770k-overclocking-guide/

"desperate for just a bit more money to watercool, the titan x would be thankful" Carter -2016

IMO boxer engines when well maintained are bulletproof

I drive a 2004 Subaru Forester 2.0XT Turbo

Budget? Uses? Currency? Location? Operating System? Peripherals? Monitor? Use PCPartPicker wherever possible. 

Quote whom you're replying to, and set option to follow your topics. Or Else we can't see your reply.

It's a V5 :D of a New Beetle ;)

Old beetles had no 5 cylinder and also no chains.

that is new

V5 is a very odd engine although I heard of Volvo's T5 engine

I think i mixed up with the old herbie ones which has the boxer 4 cylinders 

Budget? Uses? Currency? Location? Operating System? Peripherals? Monitor? Use PCPartPicker wherever possible. 

Quote whom you're replying to, and set option to follow your topics. Or Else we can't see your reply.

that is new

V5 is a very odd engine although I heard of Volvo's T5 engine

I think i mixed up with the old herbie ones which has the boxer 4 cylinders 

old beetles where aircooled 4 cilinders boxer motor

i like Herbie :P

old beetles where aircooled 4 cilinders i guess 

i like Herbie :P

yea i am amazed at the durability of that air cooled engine 

yea i am amazed at the durability of that air cooled engine 

yeah it was a boxer engine so, not bad there

The old Beetle is basicly the only VAG car i like lol :P

You can't say that about the bigger 1,6l boxers, trust me...most set themselfs on fire

Also V5 is a pretty decent engine and with 180PS it pulls nice ;)

dang my stock only has like 177hp...

boost on this turbo runs out after 4000rpm

just cant afford any upgrades

i only changed the air filter to a Hurricane Stainless Steel drop in air filter

dang my stock only has like 177hp...

boost on this turbo runs out after 4000rpm

just cant afford any upgrades

i only changed the air filter to a Hurricane Stainless Steel drop in air filter

I installed a K&N Performance Kit, my Beetle sounds so much better now :D Aaaaand it's legal :)

Well it still looks much better then a Golf :P

Golf über alles!

;)

Spoiler

CPU:Intel Xeon X5660 @ 4.2 GHz RAM:6x2 GB 1600MHz DDR3 MB:Asus P6T Deluxe GPU:Asus GTX 660 TI OC Cooler:Akasa Nero 3

SSD:OCZ Vertex 3 120 GB HDD:2x640 GB WD Black Fans:2xCorsair AF 120 PSU:Seasonic 450 W 80+ Case:Thermaltake Xaser VI MX OS:Windows 10
Speakers:Altec Lansing MX5021 Keyboard:Razer Blackwidow 2013 Mouse:Logitech MX Master Monitor:Dell U2412M Headphones: Logitech G430

Big thanks to Damikiller37 for making me an awesome Intel 4004 out of trixels!

I installed a K&N Performance Kit, my Beetle sounds so much better now :D Aaaaand it's legal :)

parts which are imported from other countries cost a few grand onward

and they have to meet emission standards and you have to produce a certificate that this part is road legal or it a nice fine for you and your parts may be seized

parts which are imported from other countries cost a few grand onward

and they have to meet emission standards and you have to produce a certificate that this part is road legal or it a nice fine for you and your parts may be seized

Same here, everything has to be checked, otherwise the police will be very fast to steal a few € from u...

Nein voll nicht. :D

Guys stick to english...

Guys stick to english...

I´m a Girl..

But yeah you are right, we should stay at English :D

Same here, everything has to be checked, otherwise the police will be very fast to steal a few € from u...

yea hassle IMO

sticking to stock, some parts of my car have worn out and were replaced recently

it now 10 years old and 100k mileage 

yea hassle IMO

sticking to stock, some parts of my car have worn out and were replaced recently

it now 10 years old and 100k mileage

Well people who optimize or change their cars for personal taste will always be hassled by tge police...at least over here (as a motorbiker speacially I get all the hate from the blue onces...)

Well people who optimize or change their cars for personal taste will always be hassled by tge police...at least over here (as a motorbiker speacially I get all the hate from the blue onces...)

not so bad with my ride

i have seen beast version of my forester

lower suspension, big exhaust tail pipes, brembo brakes 18" alloys and bigger turbo

kinda a sleeper ride

the police here targets the WRXs/STis and the Evos and the Civics mostly

the Highway Police drives WRXs as bait