I think i am in love........?

Pelop17

Hello guys, i think is a little stupid, but i am in love with the mac pro( trashcan). Is 3000 and is awesome.

Now i will be doing some productivity because i might start my own bussiness and i need a compact powerful computer.

Also just asking will the dual gpu be ok for gaming or they are crap?

IF you have any better build and suggestions please post below

AND dont start posting that i am an idiot if i by a mac! :D

I want it to be light like the mac pro so i can carry it to my friend house!

They are pretty decent yes.

What job do you have and what will you do?

They are pretty decent yes.

What job do you have and what will you do?

not a real job just making videos on youtube and a lot of programming and linux!

I also will be doing some gaming not a lot in my free time

When considering the Mac Pro, realize that they are really forcing the Thunderbolt I/O. While not a bad connector, it is rare and expensive. Also, game support is highly driver Dependant and co side ring these are custom Mac only cards, I wod guess gaming is not gonna be great.

When considering the Mac Pro, realize that they are really forcing the Thunderbolt I/O. While not a bad connector, it is rare and expensive. Also, game support is highly driver Dependant and co side ring these are custom Mac only cards, I wod guess gaming is not gonna be great.

Thanks. also i might get this with the w700 card.

Thats my problem i dont want so much thunderbolt!

not a real job just making videos on youtube and a lot of programming and linux!

I also will be doing some gaming not a lot in my free time

You don't need it for light work, a cheaper build would do you fine. It's more for people with short work deadlines for rendering and work like that.

You could go with a 4770k and 780 or 780ti and you would probably not notice much of a difference (except render times)

Take 32gb 1866 ram (4x8)

and a 750watt psu

Decent 100$ mobo that can OC

SSDs (840 pro is good)

Anything else is personal pref.

my suggestion at least.

Heaven's Society - Like Anime? Check us Out Here!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You don't need it for light work, a cheaper build would do you fine. It's more for people with short work deadlines for rendering and work like that.

You could go with a 4770k and 780 or 780ti and you would probably not notice much of a difference (except render times)

Take 32gb 1866 ram (4x8)

and a 750watt psu

Decent 100$ mobo that can OC

SSDs (840 pro is good)

Anything else is personal pref.

my suggestion at least.

for the case ?light like the mac pro.?

you can do a Mini Itx or Micro Atx for small 

Heaven's Society - Like Anime? Check us Out Here!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Even though I think the mac pro is my favourite computer ever, it is utterly useless for gaming

http://anandtech.com/show/7603/mac-pro-review-late-2013/10

even on the d700 whicih are the MOST expensive graphics option, it did terrible

if you want a professional workstation/editing rig yes

but for a home machine with gaming too, nar

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

Even though I think the mac pro is my favourite computer ever, it is utterly useless for gaming

http://anandtech.com/show/7603/mac-pro-review-late-2013/10

even on the d700 whicih are the MOST expensive graphics option, it did terrible

if you want a professional workstation/editing rig yes

but for a home machine with gaming too, nar

i want be doing too much gaming 1 hour

But for my use is it good to buy a mac pro or should i buy this one? http://pcpartpicker.com/p/3pQNl

I like very much the mac pro.

i want be doing too much gaming 1 hour

But for my use is it good to buy a mac pro or should i buy this one? http://pcpartpicker.com/p/3pQNl

I like very much the mac pro.

Defiantly that, you are only editing youtube videos and programming, maybe if you were working on 4k movies I would understand but you do not need a mac pro for this.

You will get much better use out of a standard PC here, it will be just as fast, better for gaming and be upgradable in a year or 2 if you want to do anything else with it

dont get me wrong I LOVE the mac pro, but I think its potential is being wasted on you, and you are just shooting yourself in the foot 

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

Defiantly that, you are only editing youtube videos and programming, maybe if you were working on 4k movies I would understand but you do not need a mac pro for this.

You will get much better use out of a standard PC here, it will be just as fast, better for gaming and be upgradable in a year or 2 if you want to do anything else with it

dont get me wrong I LOVE the mac pro, but I think its potential is being wasted on you, and you are just shooting yourself in the foot 

So why should i buy a mac pro? just asking?

i agree with the above posters

if your doing light work

start light

a midrange quadro card  and u even might not need a quadro ive seen people do just fine with a normal gtx card it depends on your work load

if your thinking of programming and you want to play with GPU accelerated stuff i recommend waiting for maxwell since that architecture has great OPENCL performance  compared to current gen Kepler

if you cant wait you need to choose either fast OpenCL (AMD) or Cuda and slow opencl (Nvidia)

edit

what do you currently own ?

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

i agree with the above posters

if your doing light work

start light

a midrange quadro card  and u even might not need a quadro ive seen people do just fine with a normal gtx card it depends on your work load

if your thinking of programming and you want to play with GPU accelerated stuff i recommend waiting for maxwell since that architecture has great OPENCL performance  compared to current gen Kepler

if you can wait you need to choose either fast OpenCL (AMD) or Cuda and slow opencl (Nvidia)

Thanks maybe i will stick to this build? or maybe take the new r9 295x2

As i said befor why should you buy a mac pro?

So why should i buy a mac pro? just asking?

the mac pro is designed for professionals, that don;t have the time and qualifications to sit around picking components and worrying about comparability and reliability

they want to walk into a shop, buy a fast reliable machine, go to the studio, plug it in, and start editing. They can afford expensive thunderbolt accessories because time is money if you are editing professional tracks/movies

For a home user, it really doens't do anything that a high spec computer will do. It really only makes sense in the professional workspace. Compare the price of the mac pro to a HP/Dell workstation - it is good value for money but compared to a self built PC it is not

It has many pro points, but unless you are a hollywood studio, I fail to see how you would benefit

Thanks maybe i will stick to this build? or maybe take the new r9 295x2

As i said befor why should you buy a mac pro?

mac pro offers great price for the hardware it has to offer

but from what i understand its current set of Pro tools came under attack from the pro crowd a while ago for certain key features  missing

you can still install windows though and try other software

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

the mac pro is designed for professionals, that don;t have the time and qualifications to sit around picking components and worrying about comparability and reliability

they want to walk into a shop, buy a fast reliable machine, go to the studio, plug it in, and start editing. They can afford expensive thunderbolt accessories because time is money if you are editing professional tracks/movies

For a home user, it really doens't do anything that a high spec computer will do. It really only makes sense in the professional workspace. Compare the price of the mac pro to a HP/Dell workstation - it is good value for money but compared to a self built PC it is not

It has many pro points, but unless you are a hollywood studio, I fail to see how you would benefit

so i will go with my build Thanks a lot

mac pro offers great price for the hardware it has to offer

but from what i understand its current set of Pro tools came under attack from the pro crowd a while ago for certain key features  missing

you can still install windows though and try other software

For mini itx look at silverstone ft03 more in, for matx look at ft03. Really good and kinds like Mac pro

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

With 3000 USD and with what you are describing that you are going to do with a computer, a PC is definitely a better choice than a Mac.I understand that you want a small build to bring around but you dont want a laptop, if so then micro ATX + Mini tower like what you are choosing is ok, though I'm a bit worry whether they all fit in a mini tower (Especially 2-way-SLI).

My rig: Intel Core i7 4790k | MSI Z97 PC Mate | GSKILL Ripjaws X 16GB 1866MHz | ADATA Premier SP550 480GB SSD | Seagate Barracuda 3TB | Seagate Barracuda 2TB  | MSI Gaming X GTX 1070 | Thermaltake Versa N21 | Corsair CX550M Semi Modular PSU | AOC G2460PF 144Hz | Logitech G502 | GSKILL Ripjaws KM780  | GAMDIAS HEPHAESTUS V2  PCPartPicker | Old Build Log | New Build Log

I would get a mac pro for video editing and a pc for gaming. If you are editing gaming videos it is an exellent investment.

Main PC:

ASUS F1A55-M LX, AMD A6-3500, (2x2)gb Kingston HyperX Blu DDR3 1600mhz, Seagate Barracuda 500gb 7200rpm, 
 Corsair CX430M, Cooler Master Elite 343, Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit

Netbook:

Lenovo Ideapad S10-2, Intel Atom N280, (1x1)gb DDR2 667mhz, WD Scorpio Blue 250gb 5400rpm, Zorin OS 9 Lite

For mini itx look at silverstone ft03 more in, for matx look at ft03. Really good and kinds like Mac pro

With 3000 USD and with what you are describing that you are going to do with a computer, a PC is definitely a better choice than a Mac.I understand that you want a small build to bring around but you dont want a laptop, if so then micro ATX + Mini tower like what you are choosing is ok, though I'm a bit worry whether they all fit in a mini tower (Especially 2-way-SLI).

I would get a mac pro for video editing and a pc for gaming. If you are editing gaming videos it is an exellent investment.

so i should stick with my build. But if i have 3000$ and i want a powerful machine for productivity to make money and 1 hour of gaming with which should i go with?

what kind of gaming that you are going to game? like DOTA or LOL I think it's ok, but stuff like BF4, COD etc then Mac is not an option. 

Mac is usually for ppl who do graphic design stuff, specially those whose work are designer, and also they dont like to mess around with hardware and just want to buy something and then done, never care about it again.

My rig: Intel Core i7 4790k | MSI Z97 PC Mate | GSKILL Ripjaws X 16GB 1866MHz | ADATA Premier SP550 480GB SSD | Seagate Barracuda 3TB | Seagate Barracuda 2TB  | MSI Gaming X GTX 1070 | Thermaltake Versa N21 | Corsair CX550M Semi Modular PSU | AOC G2460PF 144Hz | Logitech G502 | GSKILL Ripjaws KM780  | GAMDIAS HEPHAESTUS V2  PCPartPicker | Old Build Log | New Build Log

what kind of gaming that you are going to game? like DOTA or LOL I think it's ok, but stuff like BF4, COD etc then Mac is not an option. 

Mac is usually for ppl who do graphic design stuff, specially those whose work are designer, and also they dont like to mess around with hardware and just want to buy something and then done, never care about it again.

i will be playing games like watch-dogs or even titanfall. I aslo dont want to care about it just live it there take a small area and silent

If that's the game you want, PC is definitely the choice. As for the problem of setting up, setting up a PC at the beginning will be sort of challenging if you dont know how, so if you dont want to mess around you can just leave it to the guys at the store you're buying from. After that it will just sit there for the rest of it's life or until you want to upgrade something on it. so not THAT much different compare to a Mac.