The story behind the wallpaper we'll never forget

Coombzy

I have used this Wallpaper not only on my PC but on my phone, iPad, iPod Touch... If I can set a wallpaper it's there.

The stone cannot know why the chisel cleaves it; the iron cannot know why the fire scorches it. When thy life is cleft and scorched, when death and despair leap at thee, beat not thy breast and curse thy evil fate, but thank the Builder for the trials that shape thee.

cool, I always wondered if it was shopped or not.

-The Bellerophon- Obsidian 550D-i5-3570k@4.5Ghz -Asus Sabertooth Z77-16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 1866Mhz-x2 EVGA GTX 760 Dual FTW 4GB-Creative Sound Blaster XF-i Titanium-OCZ Vertex Plus 120GB-Seagate Barracuda 2TB- https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/60154-the-not-really-a-build-log-build-log/ Twofold http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/121043-twofold-a-dual-itx-system/ How great is EVGA? http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/110662-evga-how-great-are-they/#entry1478299

Sweet. That is actually really cool. :o

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

Cool documentary.

Mein Führer... I CAN WALK !!

I would have swore it was photoshopped because the grass is so green and the sky is so blue. Amazing that it's not though.

Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow; Motherboard: MSI ZZ490 Gaming Edge; CPU: i7 10700K @ 5.1GHz; Cooler: Noctua NHD15S Chromax; RAM: Corsair LPX DDR4 32GB 3200MHz; Graphics Card: Asus RTX 3080 TUF; Power: EVGA SuperNova 750G2; Storage: 2 x Seagate Barracuda 1TB; Crucial M500 240GB & MX100 512GB; Keyboard: Logitech G710+; Mouse: Logitech G502; Headphones / Amp: HiFiMan Sundara Mayflower Objective 2; Monitor: Asus VG27AQ

Simply amazing story. Thank you.

"Do not pray for and easy life, pray for the strength to endure a difficult one."

"A place where everything and nothing exists, this is my playground."

very cool, that was a good watch.

"Science and technology revolutionize our lives, but memory, tradition and myth frame our response."

Arthur M. Schlesinger

:,(

In the grim darkness of the far future, there is only a GTX 1080, just a single 1080, where my glorious PC once stood....

For that is all I need, For the Emperor of Man, Jen-Hsun Huang, protects. We march for Nvidia, and we shall know no fear!

I don't get how they say its not photo shopped... I literately don't get it its only based off the original.

it was simply edited, it was made from a base image and not rendered. 

#KilledMyWife 

LTT's Resident Black Star

I should get an award for still being here at this point 

i actually hated that background. There were so many cooler things to find and use. Oh well. Maybe it was time XP got closed down, w7 is equally as good if not better.

i actually hated that background. There were so many cooler things to find and use. Oh well. Maybe it was time XP got closed down, w7 is equally as good if not better.

Well of course we all here changed the Pic eventually. But still, its absolutely a picture everybody relates with Windows.

And as he said in the Video you see it literally everywhere, the Kremel, in the White house and your Grandma's House too.

I always thought it was a composition of more pictures to get that perfect hillside.

But its really cool to see and hear the original Story told.

And the anecdotes he told were quiet good too :D  

Build Log: The beautiful Workhorse

Case_NZXT Phantom 530 Black CPU_Intel i7 4770K Cooling_NZXT Kraken X60 Motherboard_MSI MPower Z87 Graphic_MSI GeForce GTX 760 HAWK-Edition 

RAM_Corsair Vengeance Pro 16 GB DDR3-1866 PSU_Corsair RM Series 750W SSD_Samsung 840 Pro 256GB Stoarge_Western-Digital Green 2T

That's a really nice short documentary. Always thought it looked edited to me but to know it was just a regular picture all along is really cool. The guy in that documentary is right, I may not know were it's from but when I'm 60-70 years old I will definitely recognise that picture.

Thats really cool :o

" If you don't hand your homework In, I might have find where you live and break your House." <<-- Mr Leat, 2013

I don't get how they say its not photo shopped... I literately don't get it its only based off the original.

It wasn't made from scratch using Photoshop. 

Someone went and took a medium format shot and then adjusted things in post. There is a substantial difference. Most people actually thought someone made the wallpaper up digitally. 

Yup. Won't forget that :)

Won't forget this either

Still listen to it sometimes. (and i have it burned to a cd in my car  :ph34r: )

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

I actually have been using this as my desktop back round since i got my second computer. Always loved the picture. Reminds me of the good times in my childhood. When things were so much simpler. 

Please quote/tag ( Found by typing @DarrenP) In all posts directed at me. I do not check my current content. 

Intel Core i7-4790K - Gigabyte Z97X-UD5H-BK - 16GB Corsair Vengeance Pro 1866Mhz - EVGA GTX 980 - 256GB MX100 - 2TB WD RED - 900D - H100I - Corsair HX1050 - DNS 320L 2x2TB Seagate Barracuda 

Ah Windows XP, I still remember the first time, when I jumped from Windows 98... that rounded green start button.  :wub:

Feel like I missed out. I used 2000 until Vista.