Tech noob got a job!

GeorgeWasTaken

So I tried to edit a video on my dell Inspiron running pentium, and to say the least I had a bad time. Which is really what sparked my interest in building a PC in the first place. After doing a little bit of research and endless episodes of Techquicke and various Newegg informational videos, I decided to invest into something that will be well rounded, and can all around just kickass. What I was hoping to get from you guys is some constructive criticism on the parts I have chosen and some suggestions as to what to replace them with! I already purchased a couple parts (:

Motherboard: Asus x79 Deluxe

Processor: Intel 4930K (Purchased)

Memory: Corsair Vengeance 32GB (4 x 8GB)

SSD: 2x 128GB Samsung 840 pro SSD (Purchased)

Storage: 2x WD Green 4TB intelipower HDD's

GPU: EVGA GeForce GTX 780

Case: Corsair 750D (Purchased)

Cooler: Corsair H100i or Cooler master V8 gts.....

PSU: Corsair RM750

Sooo that's essentially what I have in mind. As far as the graphics card I'm no so sure as to which EVGA 780 I want. I don't know enough about this acx cooling everyone is raving about. And I am superficial enough to go for the traditional design for the pulsating geforce logo I can oggle at through the massive window on the case haha. 

Please leave me some suggestions! I'm really unsure of the type of memory, cooler, and motherboard to get and that's really where I could use some help.

Thanks!

-G

what's up with the title?

[AMD Athlon 64 Mobile 4000+ Socket 754 | Gigabyte GA-K8NS Pro nForce3 | OCZ 2GB DDR PC3200 | Sapphire HD 3850 512MB AGP | 850 Evo | Seasonic 430W | Win XP/10]

what will it be used for? if its for gaming your just wasting money on 2011 and 32gb or ram 

Specs

CPU: i5 4670k i won the silicon lottery Cooler: Corsair H100i w/ 2x Corsair SP120 quiet editions Mobo: ASUS Z97 SABERTOOTH MARK 1 Ram: Corsair Platnums 16gb (4x4gb) Storage: Samsun 840 evo 256gb and random hard drives GPU: EVGA acx 2.0 gtx 980 PSU: Corsair RM 850w Case: Fractal Arc Midi R2 windowed 

that's a pretty nice build if you can afford it

Eclipse Version 3: i5 9600K | Asus Strix Z390| GTX 1070 | 16GB Kingston Beast | Samsung 840 EVO 500GB SSD [2] +WD Blue 1TB | NZXT H440 | EVGA 750 W | Dark Rock Pro 4| Beyerdynamic DT880 Premium

I'd pick a 780 Ti or even a Titan Black for your system. If you need 10-bit color reproduction, you'll need a Quadro card (preferably the 6000, but it's very expensive; cost shouldn't be an object with that card). You could probably do better with WD Red drives instead of Green drives just because they're built for NAS arrays and are more vibration-resistant; it's not a guarantee that your data will be safer, but chances are better if you don't want to risk it. I wouldn't have picked 840 Pro SSDs, but since you already got them, they're a great choice regardless. For a cooler, you should probably buy an NZXT Kraken X60 since the 750D can support it (if you want to replace the stock fans, I recommend Phanteks 140mm fans). Since you're using a workstation, I recommend an 80+ Platinum PSU like the Corsair AX760 or even the EVGA SuperNOVA 1000w (more power than you'll probably ever need, but it has an industry-leading ten year warranty; Corsair's has a seven year warranty, also very good). Of course, you're paying significantly more for the better warranty and more efficient PSU, so it's your choice.

Want to find parts in your budget? Logical Increments is the guide you need. | In the market for a headset? Read this thread. | If you're looking for headphones, please refer to this thread. | Stop being backhanded when offering advice.

CPU: Intel i7-3770K @ 3.5 GHz | CPU Cooler: Thermaltake Frio OCK | Motherboard: ASUS P8Z77-V LK | Memory: 16 GB Corsair Vengeance LP (DDR3-1600) | GPU: MSI Radeon HD 7870 GHz Edition x 2 (Crossfire) | Storage: 120 GB Kingston SSDNow V300 SSD, 2 TB Toshiba HDD | PSU: Corsair TX850 V2 | Case: In-Win Mana 136 (Black)
Monitor: ASUS VS248H-P | Keyboard: Corsair Vengeance K70 (Cherry MX Brown) | Mouse: Logitech G500 | Speakers: Logitech X-140 | Headphones: Philips Fidelio X1, Sony MDR-X05 | Webcam: Logitech C510

So I tried to edit a video on my dell Inspiron running pentium, and to say the least I had a bad time. Which is really what sparked my interest in building a PC in the first place. After doing a little bit of research and endless episodes of Techquicke and various Newegg informational videos, I decided to invest into something that will be well rounded, and can all around just kickass. What I was hoping to get from you guys is some constructive criticism on the parts I have chosen and some suggestions as to what to replace them with! I already purchased a couple parts (:

Motherboard: Asus x79 Deluxe

Processor: Intel 4930K (Purchased)

Memory: Corsair Vengeance 32GB (4 x 8GB)

SSD: 2x 128GB Samsung 840 pro SSD (Purchased)

Storage: 2x WD Green 4TB intelipower HDD's

GPU: EVGA GeForce GTX 780

Case: Corsair 750D (Purchased)

Cooler: Corsair H100i or Cooler master V8 gts.....

PSU: Corsair RM750

Sooo that's essentially what I have in mind. As far as the graphics card I'm no so sure as to which EVGA 780 I want. I don't know enough about this acx cooling everyone is raving about. And I am superficial enough to go for the traditional design for the pulsating geforce logo I can oggle at through the massive window on the case haha. 

Please leave me some suggestions! I'm really unsure of the type of memory, cooler, and motherboard to get and that's really where I could use some help.

Thanks!

-G

I'd say lower the ram to 16GB, doubt you'd actually need 32GB, even 16GB seems a bit much.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820231503&clickid=wXoTqI2VwQ5%3AX6hQvNU50yrVUkTQLA3xzWm5Xc0&iradid=97618&ircid=2106&irpid=79301&nm_mc=AFC-IR&cm_mmc=AFC-IR-_-na-_-na-_-na

For the motherboard, and I think going 2011 was a mistake, go with something like the P9X79 LE

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813131855&clickid=wXoTqI2VwQ5%3AX6hQvNU50yrVUkTQLAR9zWm5Xc0&iradid=97618&ircid=2106&irpid=79301&nm_mc=AFC-IR&cm_mmc=AFC-IR-_-na-_-na-_-na

For the cooler I'd personally go with the H220

http://www.ncixus.com/products/?usaffiliateid=1000031504&sku=79583&vpn=H220&manufacture=Swiftech

Linus Sebastian said:

The stand is indeed made of metal but I wouldn't drive my car over a bridge made of it.

https://youtu.be/X5YXWqhL9ik?t=552

Damn all that money spent on SSDs and hard drives. Get SLI Nvidia cards!

As for the Corsair psu look at Antec or Seasonic options before settling on Corsair.

Too many ****ing games!  Back log 4 life! :S

Also, you dont need an RM750, a 650W would be fine for this build.

CPU: 5930K @ 4.5GHz | GPU: Zotac GTX 980Ti AMP! Extreme edition @ 1503MHz/7400MHz | RAM: 16GB Corsair Dom Plat @ 2667MHz CAS 13 | Motherboard: Asus X99 Sabertooth | Boot Drive: 400GB Intel 750 Series NVMe SSD | PSU: Corsair HX1000i | Monitor: Dell U2713HM 1440p monitor

what's up with the title?

Sorry if I didn't clarify, the title suggests that I can now afford to make a larger investment on a pc than I could ever have before. 

Everything is good. I would go for a 1k PSU if you plan on overclocking and SLI. If not an RM750is fine.

If you're doing video editing very frequently stick with the 32gb set, otherwise try 2x8 kit first and add another 2x8 kit later if you need it.

To people suggesting 8gb please leave. That's not enough to run Windows and Chrome at the same time.

Error: 410

To people suggesting 8gb please leave. That's not enough to run Windows and Chrome at the same time.

lol.. Chrome.. So many negatives, such a positive forum.... list is too big... better be nice.

#NoUse4ChromeasItsSooooo*hit!

Yeah I'd be sticking with 16GB for sure, 8GB here doesn't cut it when I'm actually being a power user and I'm not even doing anything that intensive unlike others... God.. Imagine if I also ran chrome!!!!!

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

upgrade to the 780ti, it stomps all over the 780 

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

This build is pretty much perfect for what you need it for. Keep all the RAM, you will need it for Adobe After Effects and Sony Vegas. Trust me on that.

The only improvement I can see is to get a 780 Ti as it is better than the 780 of course, but you will pay more for it. However it does look like budget isn't that much of an issue and this build will last a very long time with these components.

I can also see that if you wanted to overclock you will be better off with the H100i and maybe an 850w-1000w power supply.

Great choice overall!

Why didn't you just buy 1 250gb ssd?

Raid 0 is faster, right?

Spoiler

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700X | Mobo: ASUS Strix X570-I Gaming ITX | GPU: Nvidia GeForce RTX 3060 Ti Founders Edition | RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO 16GB 3600MHz | Storage: Corsair Force MP600 1TB PCI-e Gen 4 & 2x 2TB Seagate Barracuda | Cooler: Stock Prism | Case: NZXT H210i | PSU: Corsair CS500M

To stripe the two 128's for speed (Raid 0)

Plain and Simple.

For Day to day general usage its a no brainer, you wouldn't notice the difference as SSD access times don't decrease or increase that much if at all in raid 0.

But... whether its heavy workloads that read or write near twice as fast, people always have a use for such a thing where some others don't have a usage case for the extra speed to be used.

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

you dont need super top of the line a 760 or a 680 works fine as well, but i like your choice of mobo manufactures, i always go Asus :D

Current: CPU: Intel i7-8700k. Mobo: Gigabyte - Z370 AORUS Gaming 5. RAM: 16gb G Skill Trident Z RGB. GPU: EVGA RTX 2070 Super.

First: CPU: AMD FX-8350 @4.5GHz. Mobo: Asus ROG crosshair V formula-Z. RAM: 8GB Patriot Viper XTreme. GPU: Asus Radeon 7950.

Wait, what's this for?

15" MBP TB

AMD 5800X | Gigabyte Aorus Master | EVGA 2060 KO Ultra | Define 7 || Blade Server: Intel 3570k | GD65 | Corsair C70 | 13TB

what will it be used for? if its for gaming your just wasting money on 2011 and 32gb or ram 

No where in the post did I indicate this was going to be a proprietary gaming machine. Thanks for the feedback!

you dont need super top of the line a 760 or a 680 works fine as well, but i like your choice of mobo manufactures, i always go Asus :D

Up top! ;)