Bottleneck?

Kraudi

Hey, i already have a ryzen 5 3600 cpu at home and i was wondering if it would be a good decision to go with the radeon rx 6600xt as well. Its one of the cheaper gpus right now and i wanna know if it will maybe work well with my cpu or if the cpu will be the bottleneck in this case.

With the rx 6600xt it would be best to upgrade to a ryzen 5 3600x or better or go to a rysen 5 2600, the 3600x would be the better of them though

6 minutes ago, ProRelicXD said:

With the rx 6600xt it would be best to upgrade to a ryzen 5 3600x or better or go to a rysen 5 2600, the 3600x would be the better of them though

What are you talking about?

A ryzen 2600 is FAR worse than a 3600 and the difference between a 3600 and 3600x is barely noticeable if at all?

Op ignore that comment.

A 3600 is a fine cpu for a rx 6600xt.

You will be fine with the 3600. A faster CPU on a slower GPU won't cause any issues. 

Bottleneck is just the slowest component of the system limiting it from performing better. 

In your case your GPU is your limit, however this doesn't mean your system will be slower, it just means that if you are running a GPU intensive task, you are limited to how fast your GPU is (which is the case with any GPU).

There are people running 3070 3080s on those CPUs. The 3600 is a very good value for the money, don't consider upgrading until you are limited from having a card that too fast. 

should be no issue at all with a 3600, except maybe with the gpu drivers, which has nothing to do with the cpu.

The direction tells you... the direction

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

Corsair Link (Anime Edition) 

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

3 hours ago, Mark Kaine said:

should be no issue at all with a 3600, except maybe with the gpu drivers, which has nothing to do with the cpu.

Well aready bought and installed, drivers already making problems, xd.

5 hours ago, AvoK95 said:

You will be fine with the 3600. A faster CPU on a slower GPU won't cause any issues. 

Bottleneck is just the slowest component of the system limiting it from performing better. 

In your case your GPU is your limit, however this doesn't mean your system will be slower, it just means that if you are running a GPU intensive task, you are limited to how fast your GPU is (which is the case with any GPU).

There are people running 3070 3080s on those CPUs. The 3600 is a very good value for the money, don't consider upgrading until you are limited from having a card that too fast. 

Well somehow i thought that my cpu is not the best, but thanks for advice, already bought and installed 👍

The 6600XT is basically equivalent to the 5700XT, and the 3600 is quite similar to the 3600X. You can see in this CPU/GPU scaling video from Hardware Unboxed that the 3600X paired with a 5700XT has performance similar to the 5600X in almost all situations.

Basically, the 6600XT is more likely to be the limiting factor than the 3600 in gaming, especially gaming above 1080p medium settings.