Should I buy a PS5 if I own a PC?

Zeorth

Hi,

I recently got my hands on a PS5 and I don’t know if I should keep it. What does a PS5 offer that a PC can’t? I already own a PC and all of my games are on it. I don’t have a PS4 library to use and every game I’ve ever played is on PC. What do you guys think? Should I keep the PS5? What advantages does it have over my current PC? I mostly play multiplayer games like Warzone anyways. 

1 minute ago, Khalma said:

What does a PS5 offer that a PC can’t?

PS5 exclusives, mostly.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X · Cooler: Artic Liquid Freezer II 280 · Motherboard: MSI MEG X570 Unify · RAM: G.skill Ripjaws V 2x16GB 3600MHz CL16 (2Rx8) · Graphics Card: ASUS GeForce RTX 3060 Ti TUF Gaming · Boot Drive: 500GB WD Black SN750 M.2 NVMe SSD · Game Drive: 2TB Crucial MX500 SATA SSD · PSU: Corsair White RM850x 850W 80+ Gold · Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow · Monitor: MSI Optix MAG342CQR 34” UWQHD 3440x1440 144Hz · Keyboard: Corsair K100 RGB Optical-Mechanical Gaming Keyboard (OPX Switch) · Mouse: Corsair Ironclaw RGB Wireless Gaming Mouse

5 minutes ago, Chris Pratt said:

PS5 exclusives, mostly.

So if I won’t play those there is no reason for it?

5 minutes ago, Chris Pratt said:

PS5 exclusives, mostly.

Yup. Other than that I don't see any reason to purchase the PS5. Unless you want to use it as a decoration, or you like collecting stuff.

If you have to ask you are probably better off selling it. Maybe ask around in your friend circle if someone wants to buy one. If you are poor you can also scalp it for a bit of profit.

8 hours ago, Khalma said:

Hi,

I recently got my hands on a PS5 and I don’t know if I should keep it. What does a PS5 offer that a PC can’t? I already own a PC and all of my games are on it. I don’t have a PS4 library to use and every game I’ve ever played is on PC. What do you guys think? Should I keep the PS5? What advantages does it have over my current PC? I mostly play multiplayer games like Warzone anyways. 

Exclusives are notable, like recent Spider-Man games and Horizon Forbidden West. There's also the speed and simplicity of the experience — I love never having to worry about drivers or other typical PC hiccups, and there's considerably less multiplayer cheating.

It's also worth asking whether or not you want to game beyond your PC. I find console gaming on the couch is good for helping me step away from the computer and play in a more social space with my fiancée (who, thankfully, enjoys watching me play). It's that mental reminder that you're off the clock and ready to unwind. Of course, you should also be physically active and otherwise do things beyond screens, but consoles like the PS5 can serve as a transition.

2 hours ago, SixtyfpsGaming said:

If he was poor how did he buy one ? 

He said he got his hands on one, could mean a number of things. Having 500 bucks doesn't make you rich either.

2 hours ago, SixtyfpsGaming said:

So which is it is he poor or rich ? Dont Answer that. I take it you are young because of your response but if a person has 500 dollar to spend on a console they are not in the poor house. If he was poor and either buying food or paying electric takes is more important them a ps5. If he was going to scalp why is he on here askijng for help im pretty sure he knows what he wants to do with it. Telling him to scalp is out of order if you ask me. 

So you are saying poor people can't have a PS5... Here's some food for thought, being poor does not mean "has to choose between food or console". Some people save 3 months to get 500 bucks to buy one nice thing, while more affluent people buy an $800 PS5 on Ebay without even thinking about it. It could have been a present, or it could have fallen off a truck. I don't judge. Maybe you shouldn't either. Hope you have a nice day mate.

You can use it as a 2nd pc to only play games but yeah it is pretty useless. It is mostly for people who either don't have pcs or people with less powerful pcs and I think it does that job.

14 hours ago, SixtyfpsGaming said:

I never said that. You are taking what i said out of context. I dont judge people but maybe your idea of poor is diffeent from me. Thee point to the arguement has already been lost and now your just picking apart anything to make your arguement valid which is dead wrong. Lets me clear im not your mate 

Guess I'm too young to understand your moon logic, mate.

Just play the 3? exclusives and sell it if you have a recent gaming pc. The new consoles were so over-hyped that at least I got very disappointed with the performance when Gamers Nexus benchmarked those. Barely gtx 1080 speed and ps5 still lacks vrr.

I've got a PS5 and a PC. Sometimes Sony has better sales than Steam. I really like the Dualsense features, I like the exclusives. If you don't already have a PS4, you'll get access to a whole generation of exclusives that are amazing as well. The PS+ Collection is great for this. 

At this point, I use my PC hooked up to my TV for a handful of games, typically games that never had 60fps on console, if I want to mod them or if they were PS3/360 era games. I use my PS5 for the other games, and then my PC hooked up to my monitor for competitive games.

If you can get one at MSRP, you'd still have plenty of time before holiday season this year to decide if you want to keep it or sell it for a few extra $ back in your pocket. 

As for me, I have three systems that run everything I need. A backwards compatible PS3 for PS1/PS2/PS3 games, a PS5 for PS4/PS5 games, a PC for emulation and my Steam library. I can play any game released on an Xbox system, any game on a Nintendo system (up to the Wii U), and anything released on Windows/PS. 

The PS5 is nice but if you have a decent newer pc you wont miss out on anything but the PS exclusive games. I had a PS5 for 3 months that sat here collecting dust. I sold it for $600 today

No cpu mobo or ram atm

2tb wd black gen 4 nvme 

2tb seagate hdd

Corsair rm750x 

Be quiet 500dx 

Gigabyte m34wq 3440x1440

Xbox series x

• 3 weeks later...

After owning a ps4 and pc, I can say that if you want to be able to just buy a new game and launch it without any tweaking or adjusting the settings, get a console. On pc, even if your pc meets the recommended requirements, it still might not run perfectly out of the box. I bought Republic commando off of GOG.com, only to later get it on ps4 because the pc version doesn't have native controller support. And even though my computer meets the specs to run RPCS3, the drivers suck, so I still have trouble running ps2 games at full speed. While you might get a wider selection of graphics on pc, that's only possible if you have a powerful enough pcto take advantage of those settings. Consoles can usually manage to get decent looking graphics with considerably lower hardware specs compared to a pc with the same specs, and it'll often come at a lower price point. Plus you get the console exclusives. For playstation 5, you'll get Ratchet & Clank: A Rift Apart, Spiderman: Miles Morales, and Horizon Forbidden West. Yeah, they might miss outon Elder Scrolls VI, now that Microsoft owns Bethesda. (Although the console becoming unusable if it's offline, proved by Youtuber Spawn Wave, guarantees that I will never buy an Xbox Series X/S.)

So, guaranteed compatibility, Console Exclusives, and Good visuals at a low price point. If it were me, keep the ps5 for all the games except for what isn't available on consoles. I'm not sure if the ps5 supports mouse and keyboard yet, so if there are any games you'd rather play with K&M, check to see if it is supported on PS5.

I love PC and it's my primary gaming machine if given the option but those Playstation exclusives are pretty fucking amazing, some of the best gaming experiences i have had in the last 10 years have been Sony exclusives.  Kinda begs the question though, why on earth did you go out and grab a PS5 without giving it a minutes thought? lol 

The PS5 if like an expensive Nintendo Switch for me, at this point. I'd ONLY get it for the exclusives, but as I focus more on other hobbies (PC related, mind you, like competitive gaming, water cooling, 3D development) and less and less in just couch gaming... I think I'd just pass this gen until I get a pretty, PRETTY good deal in a probable Good As New PS5, as Xbox is just a PC for the TV and I already got that cover too.

The ideal set up could be a decent gaming PC, Nintendo Switch (for parties and couch co op with the SO), small PC for the living/room TV set (4k streaming capable and that's it), and a used PS5 to play the occasional Horizon Zero Dawn, down the line.

Workstation | AMD AM4 3950X (16C/32T) | Radeon RX 6800 XT GAMING X TRIO 16G | MSI MAG B550 | 4x32 GB DDR4 3200Mhz HyperX Fury | x2 1TB Samsung 970 Evo Plus | x4 2TB Western Digital Blue 3D NAND | x8 CoolerMaster SickFlow RGB Fans | CoolerMaster MasterLiquid 240ML | Fractal Design Ion+ 860W Platinum | Cougar 550x Mesh

• 2 weeks later...

I imagine OP has made his mind up by now.

Still, for me, it boils down to how much you play games.

If you game a lot, and are always looking for new experiences, it's definitely worth keeping the ps5.

I have a mid tier(ish) pc and a ps5, and in the last 3 months I've played God of War at 60 fps (incredible game), replayed TLOU 2 at 60 fps, ditto Horizon Zero Dawn, and I've just finished Miles Morales and am now playing Ghost of Tsushima: Directors Cut.

This is the big selling point of the ps5...the AAA exclusives. 

I want to play those games so I have my ps5 for that, and everything I usually play on pc.

It's a decent balance and means I miss out on almost nothing (obviously barring Nintendo games and any Xbox console only game pass titles).