Can this ... person, get banned from floatplane, please ?

mouarflenoob

Yah, there isn't a report option sadly 😞

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

Wow. That dude is seriously imbalanced. Someone needs to medicate him.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X · Cooler: Artic Liquid Freezer II 280 · Motherboard: MSI MEG X570 Unify · RAM: G.skill Ripjaws V 2x16GB 3600MHz CL16 (2Rx8) · Graphics Card: ASUS GeForce RTX 3060 Ti TUF Gaming · Boot Drive: 500GB WD Black SN750 M.2 NVMe SSD · Game Drive: 2TB Crucial MX500 SATA SSD · PSU: Corsair White RM850x 850W 80+ Gold · Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow · Monitor: MSI Optix MAG342CQR 34” UWQHD 3440x1440 144Hz · Keyboard: Corsair K100 RGB Optical-Mechanical Gaming Keyboard (OPX Switch) · Mouse: Corsair Ironclaw RGB Wireless Gaming Mouse

What about free speech? Sh*t people say shi**y things.  It's just something you'll have to learn to put up with.  We can't start saying sh*t poeple can't say what they want because that's just going to give us ANOTHER very indistict line to divide people by.  

With all the Trolls, Try Hards, Noobs and Weirdos around here you'd think i'd find SOMEWHERE to fit in!

1 minute ago, YouSirAreADudeSir said:

What about free speech? Sh*t people say shi**y things.  It's just something you'll have to learn to put up with.  We can't start saying sh*t poeple can't say what they want because that's just going to give us ANOTHER very indistict line to divide people by.  

Private platforms are free to regulate their platforms as they see fit and being in violation of their usage policies means you are free to no longer use said platform either by your own will or via that of a moderator who finds you to be in violation.

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

1 minute ago, YouSirAreADudeSir said:

Yes, let's immediately inject first amendment politics into a topic that revolves entirely around a matter of moderation and not free speech.

Why not focus on the real problem, which is that the LTT forum isn't really the appropriate place to deal with such a matter?

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

3 minutes ago, Chris Pratt said:

Someone needs to medicate him.

People medicate me and i still say stupid things

With all the Trolls, Try Hards, Noobs and Weirdos around here you'd think i'd find SOMEWHERE to fit in!

2 minutes ago, YouSirAreADudeSir said:

People medicate me and i still say stupid things

Can relate

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

20 minutes ago, mouarflenoob said:

This guy probably needs help, but as a community, we need him and the likes of him gone : https://www.floatplane.com/user/profile/DrDixonBauls/activity

I am on PC and I have not seen any "report" option. Can someone point me to it if it exists ?
Thanks.

No clue how this topic even relates to tech/general discussion. Seems to me you want to rile up audience to 'file' a complaint. No thanks. You'll have an easier life when you learn to ignore people and not care unless it's important matters. This isn't one of it.

10 minutes ago, YouSirAreADudeSir said:

Free speech only applies to the government. Any business is allowed to censor people. YouTube does it all the time. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn. 

Just now, Donut417 said:

Free speech only applies to the government. Any business is allowed to censor people. YouTube does it all the time. 

Youtube, FaceBook, Twitter..... Yeah, they do that.
If you find you don't like what you are currently reading, you also have the right to stop reading instead of getting all pissy about it and then having others to hear this same basic kind of thing about it from you.

And if you're expecting everyone to conform to your view of the world to what can and can't be said:
Prepare for lot of disappointment because it's gonna be there.

"If you ever need anything please don't hesitate to ask someone else first"..... Nirvana
"Whadda ya mean I ain't kind? Just not your kind"..... Megadeth
Speaking of things being "All Inclusive", Hell itself is too.

16 minutes ago, Lurick said:

Private platforms are free to regulate their platforms as they see fit and being in violation of their usage policies means you are free to no longer use said platform either by your own will or via that of a moderator who finds you to be in violation.

6 minutes ago, Donut417 said:

Free speech does not always mean first amendment. 

It's a common misconception I see on this forum all the time. As soon as someone say "free speech" people who want to censor someone jumps in and says it only applies to government stuff. 

Some people might have the misconception that the first amendment means that they can say whatever they want without repercussions on a private platform, but a lot of people fully understand what the first amendment is and still advocate for freedom of speech on private platforms. Those people don't advocate for it in a legal sense, but rather in a policy and cultural sense. 

Freedom of opinion and expression are declared as human rights by the United nations. That's what a lot of people mean when they say freedom of speech. They don't mean it in legal terms like "Linus can't ban him because it's illegal" but rather in the sense that morally, people in power should exercise censorship with caution because it can lead to very bad things (socially, not legally). 

Just because something isn't illegal doesn't mean it's okay or good to do. 

(I don't have a floatplane account so I can't see what the person has done. Just wanted to comment on the whole "free speech doesn't apply to private platforms" argument i see getting repeated over and over on this forum) 

<-- Thread Locked -->

As mentioned, we can not moderate or have any power to do so as a Forum on Floatplane. These people can should they deem it necessary.

@LinusTech @nicklmg @Slick 

Community Standards | Fan Control Software

Please make sure to Quote me or @ me to see your reply!

Just because I am a Moderator does not mean I am always right. Please fact check me and verify my answer. 

"Black Out"

Ryzen 9 5900x | Full Custom Water Loop | Asus Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi) | RTX 3090 Founders | Ballistix 32gb 16-18-18-36 3600mhz 

1tb Samsung 970 Evo | 2x 2tb Crucial MX500 SSD | Fractal Design Meshify S2 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

Dedicated Streaming Rig

Ryzen 7 3700x | Asus B450-F Strix | 16gb Gskill Flare X 3200mhz | Corsair RM550x PSU | Asus Strix GTX1070 | 250gb 860 Evo m.2

Phanteks P300A |  Elgato HD60 Pro | Avermedia Live Gamer Duo | Avermedia 4k GC573 Capture Card