What would you do? Selling a SEALED phone but someone commented > thanks for showing the box, now can we see the phone....??

WolfLoverPro

Do you think that’s a reasonable question?

in the photos, I clearly held it to the sun to catch the seal shine and corners to cover the whole phone. 

so should it just be unwrapped and sold as new but opened or keep it as sealed? 

fear that people might keep saying stuff like this? Especially since I have 0 reviews I don’t want them to think it’s resealed :/ 

I would say no, as then you can't very well call it sealed then, can you?

I dunno though, I haven't sold much tech.

(WARNING: I EDIT MY POSTS ALL THE TIME. GRAMMAR IS HARD.)

"As I, a humble internet browser who frequents the forum of the well known internet tech YouTuber 'Linus Tech Tips', named after host Linus Sebastian, have trouble understanding the intent of the authors' post, I find solace in the fact, that I am indeed not alone in my confusion. While I stumble through the comments above, I am reminded of a quote which helps me to cut through ambiguous and unnecessary verbiage. The simple eloquence of the phrase often uttered on internet forums leaves any reading it in no doubt as to the true intent of the wording. I believe that I, and indeed all of us can take a lesson from the message left by it:"

(Formerly known as @EjectedCasings)

"Thanks bro, my inner grammarian just had a stroke."

-Yours truly, EjectedCasings

"It's stupid, but it works"

"AAAAAAHHH WHY AM I SPEEENING!"

Enthusiast web surfer, 'epic' gamer.

#muricaparrotgang

Don’t open it. It’s new and sealed, which both increases its value but also keeps it classified as straight “new”, not “new open box” or “new other”

It also protects you from any buyer nonsense, once they open it it’s their problem if anything even super minor is wrong with it, because there are people who specifically buy new open box items to buy it and then complain it’s “actually showing signs of being used” to get partial refunds.

Its sealed, have many pictures listed showing it’s sealed, and don’t open it for anyone.

Don't. They are trying to bait you into opening the box for it to lose value.
You could weight the box if they really want to know if there's a phone in there. But there's no pleasing these people.

Ignore them, they clearly have no idea that "new" usually means "wrapped" in plastic, thus can't be open.
If they try to buy it, block them because they are more than likely going to try and scam you after receiving it, to say "box was empty".

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

3 hours ago, WolfLoverPro said:

Do you think that’s a reasonable question?

in the photos, I clearly held it to the sun to catch the seal shine and corners to cover the whole phone. 

so should it just be unwrapped and sold as new but opened or keep it as sealed? 

fear that people might keep saying stuff like this? Especially since I have 0 reviews I don’t want them to think it’s resealed 😕

Tell them in the most professional way possible to F off. Don't break a seel just to please a troll who has no interest buying.

dont open it

System Specs: AMD 5950x PBO-AutoNoctua DH-15 Black | Gigabyte x570 MasterEVGA 3080FTW3 Ultra | (2x16gb) G.Skill Royal 3600mhz CL18 | Corsair 5000D Airflow (Black) Samsung 980 Pro 2TB & Firecuda 520 1TB & Crucial MX500 2tb850W Corsair RMX | 2 Noctua A14 CPU, 6 Noctua A12x25 Intake, 3x Noctua F12 Top Exhaust, 1x Noctua A12x25 Back Exhaust

Monitors: (Main) LG Ultragear 34" 2k Ultrawide 144hz IPS '34GP83A-B' (Side) Acer Predator 27" 2k 144hz TN 'Abmiprz'

Peripherals: Corsair K100 OPX | Logitech G502 Lightspeed | Corsair Virtuoso SE | Audioengine A2+

In stores do you see the contents?

Desktop: 7800x3d @ stock, 64gb ddr4 @ 6000, 3080Ti, x670 Asus Strix

Laptop: Dell G3 15 - i7-8750h @ stock, 16gb ddr4 @ 2666, 1050Ti 

I would not remove the seal as well. 

HOWEVER, if I put myself into buyer’s shoes, I know that one can reseal the box with some effort. Which means that although you receive “new and sealed” box, inside can be Nokia 3310 or piece of rock. Fortunately I never had to deal with those issues, but I’ve seen brand new sealed boxes from Amazon that contain some old crap products inside. 

From the buyer perspective, it's actually stupid easy and cheap to buy a machine that can re-seal boxes with fresh plastic wrap. So it being sealed doesn't inherently mean it was never opened, or it's not a scam.

With that in mind, as a seller, if you're selling the item online w/ shipping, keep it sealed. Tell the buyer they can open it and check the contents when it arrives.

If selling in person, let the person open the seal *after* they handed over the money, because if they open the seal then change their mind on buying it, it's now less valuable.

That does beg the question on where you got a sealed phone from, but that's neither here nor there I guess.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

On 8/14/2021 at 8:04 PM, The Unknown Voice said:

Once you open it, it's USED!

Always had trouble, once the box was opened.

"Don't do it, It's a TRAP!"

On 8/14/2021 at 2:51 PM, dalekphalm said:

From the buyer perspective, it's actually stupid easy and cheap to buy a machine that can re-seal boxes with fresh plastic wrap. So it being sealed doesn't inherently mean it was never opened, or it's not a scam.

With that in mind, as a seller, if you're selling the item online w/ shipping, keep it sealed. Tell the buyer they can open it and check the contents when it arrives.

If selling in person, let the person open the seal *after* they handed over the money, because if they open the seal then change their mind on buying it, it's now less valuable.

That does beg the question on where you got a sealed phone from, but that's neither here nor there I guess.

On 8/14/2021 at 6:19 AM, Niksa said:

I would not remove the seal as well. 

HOWEVER, if I put myself into buyer’s shoes, I know that one can reseal the box with some effort. Which means that although you receive “new and sealed” box, inside can be Nokia 3310 or piece of rock. Fortunately I never had to deal with those issues, but I’ve seen brand new sealed boxes from Amazon that contain some old crap products inside. 

On 8/14/2021 at 4:36 AM, Andreas Lilja said:

In stores do you see the contents?

On 8/13/2021 at 11:59 PM, Daethz said:

dont open it

On 8/13/2021 at 11:56 PM, Mooshi said:

Tell them in the most professional way possible to F off. Don't break a seel just to please a troll who has no interest buying.

On 8/13/2021 at 9:33 PM, TetraSky said:

Don't. They are trying to bait you into opening the box for it to lose value.
You could weight the box if they really want to know if there's a phone in there. But there's no pleasing these people.

Ignore them, they clearly have no idea that "new" usually means "wrapped" in plastic, thus can't be open.
If they try to buy it, block them because they are more than likely going to try and scam you after receiving it, to say "box was empty".

On 8/13/2021 at 9:01 PM, 8tg said:

Don’t open it. It’s new and sealed, which both increases its value but also keeps it classified as straight “new”, not “new open box” or “new other”

It also protects you from any buyer nonsense, once they open it it’s their problem if anything even super minor is wrong with it, because there are people who specifically buy new open box items to buy it and then complain it’s “actually showing signs of being used” to get partial refunds.

Its sealed, have many pictures listed showing it’s sealed, and don’t open it for anyone.

On 8/13/2021 at 8:48 PM, FakeATF said:

I would say no, as then you can't very well call it sealed then, can you?

I dunno though, I haven't sold much tech.

managed to sell it without opening it like you all said so that was the right answer