New Ford Maverick

Mister Woof
50 minutes ago, Blademaster91 said:

I guess it makes sense if you need to haul a few things, but the base comes with a CVT so I wonder how well it would actually haul or tow stuff.

But I think the hype for this truck is that it starts at $20k, but I'd be curious how much it actually costs and what the options are.

It would be a good fleet vehicle though, cheap and good fuel mileage.

It doesn't have to be really that capable. Nobody's buying this to haul very heavy items.

They'll be using it to bring home a larger appliance, some 2x4s, some shelving, planter boxes, some potted trees, etc. 

The fact it can't tow that much and has a CVT is literally irrelevant for the demographic of this vehicle.

Before you reply to my post, REFRESH. 99.99% chance I edited my post. 

My System: i7-13700KF // Corsair iCUE H150i Elite Capellix // MSI MPG Z690 Edge Wifi // 32GB DDR5 G. SKILL RIPJAWS S5 6000 CL32 // Nvidia RTX 4070 Super FE // Corsair 5000D Airflow // Corsair SP120 RGB Pro x7 // Seasonic Focus Plus Gold 850w //1TB ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro/1TB Teamgroup MP33/2TB Seagate 7200RPM Hard Drive // Displays: LG Ultragear 32GP83B x2 // Royal Kludge RK100 // Logitech G Pro X Superlight // Sennheiser DROP PC38x

40 minutes ago, Mister Woof said:

CVT

I hate it, CVT's are crap for trucks, this vehicle will have a short life span. 

Gaming With a 4:3 CRT

System specs below

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5700X with a Noctua NH-U9S cooler 
Motherboard: Gigabyte B450 Aorus M (Because it was cheap)
RAM: 32GB (4 x 8GB) Corsair Vengance LPX 3200Mhz CL16
GPU: EVGA GTX 980 Ti SC Blower Card
HDD: 7200RPM TOSHIBA DT01ACA100 1TB, External HDD: 5400RPM 2TB WD My Passport
SSD: 1tb Samsung 970 evo m.2 nvme
PSU: Corsair CX650M
Displays: ViewSonic VA2012WB LCD 1680x1050p @ 75Hz
Gateway VX920 CRT: 1920x1440@65Hz, 1600x1200@75Hz, 1200x900@100Hz, 960x720@125Hz
Gateway VX900 CRT: 1920x1440@64Hz, 1600x1200@75Hz, 1200x900@100Hz, 960x720@120Hz (Can be pushed to 175Hz)

Keyboard: Thermaltake eSPORTS MEKA PRO with Cherry MX Red switches

Stupid vehicle.

I mean, the higher end one isn't terrible. But at that point, you might as well buy a Honda Ridgeline; a vehicle which honestly is better specced, and will have significantly better residual value. I'd have been impressed if they managed to make a compact pickup with a semi useful bed (aka at least 5.5', preferably 6').

4.5' bed is pathetic, especially when there's no option for something longer. The Baja was similar, and look how well it did. I predict this model will be around for maybe 2 or 3 years and fade off into irrelevance as one Ford's missteps as it "restructures."

10 hours ago, IkeaGnome said:

Hybrid or not, this could fill a pretty big use case since they made the Ranger almost as large as the 150.

It's not, though. It's much closer to the Ranger. At only 7" smaller, I'd say it makes more sense to learn how to drive a very marginally larger vehicle to gain the extra foot of bed space. 4.5' is a joke.

9 hours ago, trag1c said:

For me I feel like this is the same thing as a honda ridgeline. It doesn't have the space, the payload or towing to be useful as a truck and it doesn't have the seating capacity or enclosed cargo space that you would get with an SUV. The lack of locking diffs and a tcase for 4High and 4low also kind of kills it for me since the lack of 4x4 is also massive loss of possible utility. To me the entire point of a truck is utility and I feel like this is a perfect storm where it simply doesn't have any utility other than you can have a piece of plywood hanging 4ft out of the truck.

Ultimately though, everyone's needs are different and I can't make that judgement call for anyone but my self but for me its a hard pass lol. 🙂 

You get almost an extra foot of space with the Ridgeline. I'm with you on uselessness, but the Ridgeline is waaaay more useful than the Maverick. Can't agree more with the rest though. It's not a truck at all, and in most cases an SUV just makes more sense. The compromises really don't add up.

9 hours ago, Mister Woof said:

That's the thing though - those features are available in vehicles that already exist. For people that need those things, obviously the Maverick isn't the right vehicle for them. 

The Ridgeline is a good point to bring up. It's not as capable as a "real truck", but it's priced in competition with them. The Maverick corrects that problem by being more capable than a compact car, but not priced to compete with actual trucks.

As for SUVs, at this price point, it's difficult to find one that has the same capabilities.

This isn't for truck people. It's a "truck" for non-truck folks, with the most compelling parts being it's low price (cheaper than a Honda Civic) with a fuel efficient hybrid system.

Is it, though? Not really. Hell once you add AWD, even a Ford Explorer isn't far off in price.

9 hours ago, trag1c said:

I did not notice that price. I was definitely under the impression they were going to pull the bs of if it looks like a truck it will be priced like a truck lol. That definitely makes things a lot more interesting since thats like 16-20k cheaper than anything else. I think for the 20k US they're asking that's very reasonable for what it is. That's about a price point where many of these smaller trucks should be or at least like 20-27k USD range. That's one thing that bugged me when I was truck shopping in 2019, price was definitely a sticking point for me. I was originally looking at Tacoma's, Canyon/Colorado and the Ranger but I ended up going with a Sierra 1500 simply because it was like 5k CAD more for a 6'6'' box and way more towing/payload. I couldn't justify what I was spending on a smaller truck when I could get the real deal for not much more.

At 20k you're not getting much though. Not even AWD.

4 hours ago, ARikozuM said:

I was really hoping for a plug-in hybrid. My commute is only 11 miles round, wood mill 30 miles, and wood tools 68 miles. This would have been perfect as I've been eyeing the Prius plug-in. 

Reveal hidden contents

Can we get a 2-door with a longer bed instead? 

I think this would make a ton of sense, especially as a fleet truck.

20 minutes ago, Mister Woof said:

It doesn't have to be really that capable. Nobody's buying this to haul very heavy items.

They'll be using it to bring home a larger appliance, some 2x4s, some shelving, planter boxes, some potted trees, etc. 

The fact it can't tow that much and has a CVT is literally irrelevant for the demographic of this vehicle.

You can haul most of that in virtually any SUV. As for the appliances, they're such a one off purchase I wouldn't even bother including them into consideration, and if you're buying them frequently enough to be a consideration, you've purchased the wrong vehicle.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Found the "real truck" owners lol

If you're considering the 2.0T version for improved towing (4k? LoL) you've chosen the wrong drivetrain and vehicle, imo. It makes a ton more sense with the standard layout. It also doesn't need more than your typical 4cyl CVT because it's never going to see the type of usage that would warrant a heavier duty one.

AWD is also not really that important for most users, but I could see it being important depending on where you live. But then again it's no different than any other passenger vehicle that doesn't offer AWD like a Camry or whatever.

Additionally, very few SUVs are priced like this is. Not even mentioning the Ridgeline, which costs nearly 50% more.

As far as an SUV having the same capability, I disagree. Some things have a lot of vertical clearance that just doesn't translate well into an SUV. Like garden trees, sheets of wood, etc that are for for typical weekend warrior home improvement project.

If you don't understand why this vehicle makes so much sense, it's definitely not the vehicle for you.

Can just safely move along and be secure in your own purchasing decisions.

My System: i7-13700KF // Corsair iCUE H150i Elite Capellix // MSI MPG Z690 Edge Wifi // 32GB DDR5 G. SKILL RIPJAWS S5 6000 CL32 // Nvidia RTX 4070 Super FE // Corsair 5000D Airflow // Corsair SP120 RGB Pro x7 // Seasonic Focus Plus Gold 850w //1TB ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro/1TB Teamgroup MP33/2TB Seagate 7200RPM Hard Drive // Displays: LG Ultragear 32GP83B x2 // Royal Kludge RK100 // Logitech G Pro X Superlight // Sennheiser DROP PC38x

If you don't understand why this vehicle makes so much sense, it's definitely not the vehicle for you.

This "truck" is not for most people and will probably be available for as long as the Subaru Baja was.

Found the "real truck" owners 

Yes I am.

Ford should have just made a cheap Ranger or a Bronco Pickup instead.

System specs below

Gateway VX920 CRT: 1920x1440@65Hz, 1600x1200@75Hz, 1200x900@100Hz, 960x720@125Hz
Gateway VX900 CRT: 1920x1440@64Hz, 1600x1200@75Hz, 1200x900@100Hz, 960x720@120Hz (Can be pushed to 175Hz)

7 minutes ago, MadAnt250 said:

This "truck" is not for most people and will probably be available for as long as the Subaru Baja was.

Yes I am.

In my opinion you grossly, grossly overestimate what "most" people use their pickup trucks for.

In the city, most people who own pickup trucks never use them for 90% of their capabilities, and this vehicle is made for them. Not you.

I disagree and think this actually fits the needs of what most people buy pickups for, in comparison to 1/4 or 1/2 tons.

The reality is a lot of people overspend on trucks for features they don't need. Ford knows this. And has undoubtedly spent millions determining this.

This is simply an option for people who have determined what their needs are and now have a viable option.

It's existence doesn't magically make F150s go away.

I had a RAM 1500 for years....I used it maybe once or twice near it's capabilities. Otherwise I wasted thousands of dollars and tons of gas for nothing that this little guy couldn't do instead.

26 minutes ago, Mister Woof said:

Found the "real truck" owners lol

If you're considering the 2.0T version for improved towing (4k? LoL) you've chosen the wrong drivetrain and vehicle, imo. It makes a ton more sense with the standard layout. It also doesn't need more than your typical 4cyl CVT because it's never going to see the type of usage that would warrant a heavier duty one.

AWD is also not really that important for most users, but I could see it being important depending on where you live. But then again it's no different than any other passenger vehicle that doesn't offer AWD like a Camry or whatever.

Additionally, very few SUVs are priced like this is. Not even mentioning the Ridgeline, which costs nearly 50% more.

As far as an SUV having the same capability, I disagree. Some things have a lot of vertical clearance that just doesn't translate well into an SUV. Like garden trees, sheets of wood, etc that are for for typical weekend warrior home improvement project.

Can just safely move along and be secure in your own purchasing decisions.

No, for the AWD...something which you can't get with the 2.5L engine. The Ridgeline is more expensive, yes, but not when they're comparably equipped. AKA AWD. CVT transmissions are notoriously unreliable, so I don't imagine that's going to be a very strong selling point.

That comparison makes no sense. You're not cross shopping this with a Camry.

It simply doesn't make sense to lose the foot of bed space over something like a Ford Ranger.

Love how you ask for thoughts, and then get irritated when people give it.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

1 minute ago, Mister Woof said:

In my opinion you grossly, grossly overestimate what "most" people use their pickup trucks for.

Where I am, people use their light duty pickup trucks like heavy duty mason trucks. This is not a real truck, this is a tall car with a bed. And people who want to buy a pickup truck and not use them for truck things still want a real pickup truck.

System specs below

CVT?  I had a CVT car once.  Worst purchase I ever made.  CVTs have power problems. I understand they’re great on snowmobiles, but they have power limits which are below modern cars.  They start doing 60hp cars again it could change my mind though. 

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

1 hour ago, Mister Woof said:

This truck is too limiting as a vehicle then if you can't use it to haul any more than a crossover or SUV can.

And if you live in the city you can often get appliances, 2x4's, furniture, or plants delivered for free.

It doesn't matter if it can't tow much, CVT transmissions are awful in a small car, so I can't expect a CVT would be any good in a truck rated to haul 1500lbs.

17 minutes ago, MadAnt250 said:

I agree, really too bad Ford didn't just take the Ranger and offer a cheap base option with a non-turbo 4 cylinder, manual transmission, and no navigation system because you can do that on a phone anyway. Or make a pickup based on the Bronco sport with AWD.

8 minutes ago, MadAnt250 said:

Where I am, people use their light duty pickup trucks like heavy duty mason trucks. This is not a real truck, this is a tall car with a bed. And people who want to buy a pickup truck and not use them for truck things still want a real pickup truck.

Aren’t something like 1% of trucks ever actually used as trucks though?  I get the impression that for the vast majority of buyers  it more about LARPing.  Used to be the vehicle most likely to break traffic laws in a rude manner was a bmw. Nowadays it’s a pickup in suspiciously good condition with a fiberglass body color painted bed cover.  I suspect they’re being driven by the same people.

Conversely the pickups with the best reputation internationally are compact pickups like this maverick thing.  My memory is some small northafrican country crushed Lybian tank forces with them. They mounted anti tank rockets in the bed and drove like madmen. 

Edited by Bombastinator

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

3 minutes ago, Bombastinator said:

I suspect they’re being driven by the same people.

Most of them became Audi drivers.

System specs below

23 minutes ago, MadAnt250 said:

And? Is this a problem? This is entirely the whole point of this vehicle. 

That and being inexpensive and good on gas.

24 minutes ago, Blademaster91 said:

This truck is too limiting as a vehicle then if you can't use it to haul any more than a crossover or SUV can.

And if you live in the city you can often get appliances, 2x4's, furniture, or plants delivered for free.

It doesn't matter if it can't tow much, CVT transmissions are awful in a small car, so I can't expect a CVT would be any good in a truck rated to haul 1500lbs.

I agree, really too bad Ford didn't just take the Ranger and offer a cheap base option with a non-turbo 4 cylinder, manual transmission, and no navigation system because you can do that on a phone anyway. Or make a pickup based on the Bronco sport with AWD.

You aren't getting this to tow something. And it cost significantly less than most SUVs, and has good gas mileage, and a bed to throw stuff in.

It's something that is going to be used as a small car 99% of the time, and every other weekend to grab a few bags of gardening soil.

It's a very very simple concept.

It seems a consensus on this isn't going to happen. The good news is you can buy the vehicle that makes sense for you, and I can buy a vehicle that makes sense for me.

53 minutes ago, dizmo said:

I mean, the higher end one isn't terrible. But at that point, you might as well buy a Honda Ridgeline; a vehicle which honestly is better specced, and will have significantly better residual value. I'd have been impressed if they managed to make a compact pickup with a semi useful bed (aka at least 5.5', preferably 6').

Ridgeline has a problem of being very expensive for being outdated. The infotainment is the old system, not updated like the 2019+ pilots and passports. No cooled seats on the top trim level, no power folding mirrors, much worse headlights than the pilot and passport. I shopped the ridgeline because I don't need a gas guzzling truck to haul around what I'd do with a truck. Most of my stuff would sit in the bed trunk anyway... I went with the passport because the refresh was legit just a facelift, no real updates. I like how the refresh looks, and its been very popular so far. I just couldn't pay as much as an elite passport and lose that much for a bed. Plus the passport gets acoustic glass and air baffles in the wheels to reduce road noise.

The Maverick is hard to beat at 21k. I figured they'd price it right up the nose of the ranger, everyone would complain its overpriced for a unibody, torsion beam rear suspension truck. Then jack up the price of the ranger in a refresh and people would accept it. Things gonna sell insanely well. I already know one person thats getting one for the simple fact that it will actually fit in the garage unlike any other modern truck. All they do is haul a lawnmower and weed eater to weekend lawn jobs. So its perfect for them.

5800X3D / ASUS X570 Dark Hero / 32GB 3600mhz / EVGA RTX 3090ti FTW3 Ultra / Dell S3422DWG / Logitech G815 / Logitech G502 / Sennheiser HD 599

2021 Razer Blade 14 3070 / S23 Ultra

23 minutes ago, Bombastinator said:

Aren’t something like 1% of trucks ever actually used as trucks though?  I get the impression that for the vast majority of buyers  it more about LARPing.  Used to be the vehicle most likely to break traffic laws in a rude manner was a bmw. Nowadays it’s a pickup in suspiciously good condition with a fiberglass body color painted bed cover.  I suspect they’re being driven by the same people.

Is there a source for only 1% of trucks only being used as trucks?

But it doesn't surprise me that some people buy trucks just to have a truck, because manufacturers refuse to make a body on frame luxury car, so I would assume people go to the next best thing, luxury trucks. I've heard youtube car enthusiasts point out that you can either get a car that has harsh uncomfortable suspension turned for handling, with hard uncomfortable seats, or a luxury truck that has a nice ride and soft leather seats. I'm not sure of your claim of pickup drivers driving rudely, I see that all the time with BMW, Audi, Mercedes, and Tesla drivers. Tesla drivers are some of the most pretentious rude drivers.

Just now, Mister Woof said:

And? Is this a problem? This is entirely the whole point of this vehicle. 

That and being inexpensive and good on gas.

Ah, you don't see, it can have have all of those things, but execution is what's wrong with it here.

Oh, I forgot one thing, this car looks like it was designed by a committee.

System specs below

2 minutes ago, Blademaster91 said:

Is there a source for only 1% of trucks only being used as trucks?

But it doesn't surprise me that some people buy trucks just to have a truck, because manufacturers refuse to make a body on frame luxury car, so I would assume people go to the next best thing, luxury trucks. I've heard youtube car enthusiasts point out that you can either get a car that has harsh uncomfortable suspension turned for handling, with hard uncomfortable seats, or a luxury truck that has a nice ride and soft leather seats. I'm not sure of your claim of pickup drivers driving rudely, I see that all the time with BMW, Audi, Mercedes, and Tesla drivers. Tesla drivers are some of the most pretentious rude drivers.

It's really not much different than CPUs or GPUs.

Lots of folks (including myself) overbuy on hardware because they can, and justify it for some reason or other.

I have a 10900k and a 3080, but I play an MMO that generally is CPU limited most of the time and doesn't care about threads.

It's a very common occurrence across markets.

2 minutes ago, MadAnt250 said:

Ah, you don't see, it can have have all of those things, but execution is what's wrong with it here.

Oh, I forgot one thing, this car looks like it was designed by a committee.

Explain how it can have all of those things, be executed better, and cost $20k.

I'll wait.

8 minutes ago, Mister Woof said:

You aren't getting this to tow something. And it cost significantly less than most SUVs, and has good gas mileage, and a bed to throw stuff in.

It's something that is going to be used as a small car 99% of the time, and every other weekend to grab a few bags of gardening soil.

It's a very very simple concept.

It seems a consensus on this isn't going to happen. The good news is you can buy the vehicle that makes sense for you, and I can buy a vehicle that makes sense for me.

I didn't even say towing, I think if you can afford stuff to tow you can afford an F150 to tow around a trailer. I mean as a truck to throw stuff in, the bed is so small you can't even throw much stuff in it, there's SUV's that have more cargo room to throw things in the back. IMO a 2 door version of this truck would've made much more sense than a 4 door with a limited amount of bed space. And you asked for opinions on this, not everyone is going to agree, the only comparisons I see being made is the Honda Ridgeline, sure the Ridgeline is more expensive but it's also a much nicer truck that also has AWD.  If this truck works for you then great but theres many other options, I would personally go for a Tacoma if I wanted a small truck, it isn't much more than a Maverick, and is a truck with a frame, and a transmission I would trust more than a CVT.

9 minutes ago, Blademaster91 said:

I didn't even say towing, I think if you can afford stuff to tow you can afford an F150 to tow around a trailer. I mean as a truck to throw stuff in, the bed is so small you can't even throw much stuff in it, there's SUV's that have more cargo room to throw things in the back. IMO a 2 door version of this truck would've made much more sense than a 4 door with a limited amount of bed space. And you asked for opinions on this, not everyone is going to agree, the only comparisons I see being made is the Honda Ridgeline, sure the Ridgeline is more expensive but it's also a much nicer truck that also has AWD.  If this truck works for you then great but theres many other options, I would personally go for a Tacoma if I wanted a small truck, it isn't much more than a Maverick, and is a truck with a frame, and a transmission I would trust more than a CVT.

Ridgeline is a bad comparison because it's not even in the same league price wise.

And are you kidding?

Tacoma starts at $26,000 or 30% more expensive. Ridgeline starts at $36,500, or 82% more expensive.

The maverick aims to compete against a Honda Civic more than it does to compete against the Ridgeline or Tacoma.

Which is why the hybrid being standard is such a big deal.

3 minutes ago, Blademaster91 said:

Maverick has AWD options in the 2.0t model. People gonna compare it to the ridgeline a lot because they are both unibody transverse based trucks. I don't think 2 doors would've sold at all besides some fleet sales. Plus the tooling to adapt a production line for a 2 door long bed unibody would be much more than a body on frame.

I shopped a TRD pro tacoma as well when I was looking. I hated the seats and seating position way too much. Felt like a car on stilts, which didn't work well with being a tall truck. Much rather have the tundra if getting a toyota, but that MPG....

5800X3D / ASUS X570 Dark Hero / 32GB 3600mhz / EVGA RTX 3090ti FTW3 Ultra / Dell S3422DWG / Logitech G815 / Logitech G502 / Sennheiser HD 599

1 minute ago, vetali said:

Maverick has AWD options in the 2.0t model. People gonna compare it to the ridgeline a lot because they are both unibody transverse based trucks. I don't think 2 doors would've sold at all besides some fleet sales. Plus the tooling to adapt a production line for a 2 door long bed unibody would be much more than a body on frame.

I shopped a TRD pro tacoma as well when I was looking. I hated the seats and seating position way too much. Felt like a car on stilts, which didn't work well with being a tall truck. Much rather have the tundra if getting a toyota, but that MPG....

Let's not forget the Ridgeline starts at close to $40k... Almost double the price.

It would be insane if it wasn't more capable.

It feels like people are mad at this vehicle for not being something it was ever supposed to be in the first place.

5 minutes ago, Mister Woof said:

The maverick aims to compete against a Honda Civic more than it does to compete against the Ridgeline or Tacoma.

The best point in this thread, the maverick and bronco sport are looking to take civic and corolla owners that want something bigger. Taking ridgeline and tacoma shoppers is bonus for them.

3 minutes ago, vetali said:

The best point in this thread, the maverick and bronco sport are looking to take civic and corolla owners that want something bigger. Taking ridgeline and tacoma shoppers is bonus for them.

My only fear is that on the quest for economy they screw it up and the driving experience is bad. 

I don't want another Dodge Calibur.

But since it's based on proven existing vehicles it shouldn't be too bad. I hope.

As Steve Burke says... Wait for reviews.

On paper it seems like a good option.