Apple has released ShazamKit for Android

As part of the iOS 15, iPadOS 15 and macOS Monterey seeding, Apple has also released a framework called "ShazamKit for Android".

ShazamKit framework for Android platforms.

It is a 2.53mb ZIP file.

The file contains a website and other documents explaining what it is:

image.thumb.png.bcddb4b8b9bf4b062c777befeaffbee8.png

This can be downloaded by Apple Developers on the Apple Developer website.

I am not sure how Android developers would download it without a developer account. Also not sure if this needs to be a paid account or not (Mine is an enterprise account)

EDIT:

The official page is now public: https://developer.apple.com/shazamkit/

Swift App developer, United Kingdom. Website: BenMitchell.co

Was shazam pulled from Android once Apple bought it? Without the source page I'm failing to see what the use of it is? 

Laptop: 2019 16" MacBook Pro i7, 512GB, 5300M 4GB, 16GB DDR4 | Phone: iPhone 13 Pro Max 128GB | Wearables: Apple Watch SE | Car: 2007 Ford Taurus SE | CPU: R7 5700X | Mobo: ASRock B450M Pro4 | RAM: 32GB 3200 | GPU: ASRock RX 5700 8GB | Case: Apple PowerMac G5 | OS: Win 11 | Storage: 1TB Crucial P3 NVME SSD, 1TB PNY CS900, & 4TB WD Blue HDD | PSU: Be Quiet! Pure Power 11 600W | Display: LG 27GL83A-B 1440p @ 144Hz, Dell S2719DGF 1440p @144Hz | Cooling: Wraith Prism | Keyboard: G610 Orion Cherry MX Brown | Mouse: G305 | Audio: Audio Technica ATH-M50X & Blue Snowball | Server: 2018 Core i3 Mac mini, 128GB SSD, Intel UHD 630, 16GB DDR4 | Storage: OWC Mercury Elite Pro Quad (6TB WD Blue HDD, 12TB Seagate Barracuda, 1TB Crucial SSD, 2TB Seagate Barracuda HDD)

1 hour ago, DrMacintosh said:

Was shazam pulled from Android once Apple bought it? Without the source page I'm failing to see what the use of it is? 

Not sure. I have attached the file for you.

Edited by GDRRiley
removed file

Swift App developer, United Kingdom. Website: BenMitchell.co

I'm on android and have shazam...

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

17 minutes ago, DrMacintosh said:

It appears to be allowing for the use of Shazam's tech within other apps native to android?

It'd be nice to have shazam capabilities built into whatever my preferred music streaming app is, instead of having to use shazam, get song name, link to external app, it may be able to just be built into the one music streaming app?

I'd love that, would be a much better process.

Google Voice/Assistant have been good enough for me, even if it might need little bit larger sample size(longer recording) than Shazam.

“Remember to look up at the stars and not down at your feet. Try to make sense of what you see and wonder about what makes the universe exist. Be curious. And however difficult life may seem, there is always something you can do and succeed at. 
It matters that you don't just give up.”

-Stephen Hawking

14 hours ago, Ben Mitchell said:

I am not sure how Android developers would download it without a developer account. Also not sure if this needs to be a paid account or not (Mine is an enterprise account)

I have the basic "any nerd who wants to sign up can have it" developer account and it's all there.

image.png.6d104b602afba4fc142e5b688863e3be.png

🖥️ Motherboard: MSI A320M PRO-VH PLUS  ** Processor: AMD Ryzen 2600 3.4 GHz ** Video Card: Nvidia GeForce 1070 TI 8GB Zotac 1070ti 🖥️
🖥️ Memory: 32GB DDR4 2400  ** Power Supply: 650 Watts Power Supply Thermaltake +80 Bronze Thermaltake PSU 🖥️

🍎 2012 iMac i7 27";  2007 MBP 2.2 GHZ; Power Mac G5 Dual 2GHZ; B&W G3; Quadra 650; Mac SE 🍎

🍎 iPad Air2; iPhone SE 2020; iPhone 5s; AppleTV 4k 🍎

i have no idea what shazamkit is and why it needed to be released

image.thumb.png.e0185101c6094a139d0a23212ec14539.png

i've had shazam on android since 2010 and it's still on the playstore to be downloaded

🌲🌲🌲

◒ ◒ 

Just now, Arika S said:

i have no idea what shazamkit is and why it needed to be released

image.thumb.png.e0185101c6094a139d0a23212ec14539.png

i've had shazam on android since 2010

Integration of Shazam into other apps. 

In example spotify integrates Shazam into their app so you hear a song run the integrated version in Spotify and it finds the song and adds it to your playlist. 

15 hours ago, a_monospace_odyssey said:

It'd be nice to have shazam capabilities built into whatever my preferred music streaming app is

what kind of music streaming app are you using that doesn't already show the name of the song playing?

Sounds like you need to find a better music streaming service.

🌲🌲🌲

◒ ◒ 

2 minutes ago, Arika S said:

what kind of music streaming app are you using that doesn't already show the name of the song playing?

No he means that you hear a song physically at a restaurant or in a store, and use Shazam to automatically find and add the song to your play list in the streaming service you use. 

3 minutes ago, Spindel said:

No he means that you hear a song physically at a restaurant or in a store

No he doesn't

15 hours ago, a_monospace_odyssey said:

It'd be nice to have shazam capabilities built into whatever my preferred music streaming app is

🌲🌲🌲

◒ ◒ 

Most folks here not understanding that this is an API meant for developers to use and asking why it exists is kinda funny.

7 hours ago, Arika S said:

He meant as to use his favorite streaming app to discover which music is playing around in the ambient, and find it in the app itself

FX6300 @ 4.2GHz | Gigabyte GA-78LMT-USB3 R2 | Hyper 212x | 3x 8GB + 1x 4GB @ 1600MHz | Gigabyte 2060 Super | Corsair CX650M | LG 43UK6520PSA
ASUS X550LN | i5 4210u | 12GB
Lenovo N23 Yoga

On 6/7/2021 at 2:50 PM, DrMacintosh said:

…so not this shazam

tenor.gif?itemid=12212914

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.