Copper hardline tubing

I am currently thinking of upgrading my tubing from soft tubing to hard tubing. I am considering Copper tubing, because I like the looks of it, I watched the LTT video on it, but there was not that much information in it. Has anyone done it before? Do you have any tips and recommendations on how to do it? How much tubing do I need? The system has a GPU and a CPU I want to cool.The Case is a beQuiet! pure base 600. 

On 5/17/2021 at 8:57 AM, Devryd said:

I am currently thinking of upgrading my tubing from soft tubing to hard tubing. I am considering Copper tubing, because I like the looks of it, I watched the LTT video on it, but there was not that much information in it. Has anyone done it before? Do you have any tips and recommendations on how to do it? How much tubing do I need? The system has a GPU and a CPU I want to cool.The Case is a beQuiet! pure base 600. 

I would recommend just going bendable ptfe or acrylic. You’re gonna be spending an insane amount on the tubing and 90 degree fittings. However, I can say that bitspower sells pre-bent 90 degree tubing, which you could probably use.

I dont wanna use 90° fittings. I will use a tool to bend the pipe. I got 2.5m of 12/10mm copper pipe today for 8.32€ so I think it is a lot cheaper than acrylic tubing

Im still using radiators. I am not recreating that huge copper coil
I am just doing it for astethics

It’s been done on this forum to quite good quality. Somewhere in the build logs 

with copper tubing you can buy it at your local hardware store for pretty cheap. look for the stuff for refrigerator lines its thin and easily bendable using the proper tool which is cheap BTW. for how much just take rough measurements and add a little bit to each spot and total it up the same method for how much acrylic or PETG to buy rough guess works pretty good and always get some more than you anticipate because there will be errors and you have to do it again.

The copper tube I'm talking about is easily bent by hand so it would be really easy to make very intricate bends with this type of copper compared to the thicker stuff that you can only do basically 90 and 45 degree bends with.

Also you can polish up the copper after you get it all bent and cut to size to a really nice high mirror finish you will want to put some sort of protective coating on it like some Carnauba wax so it wont oxidize (you want to do this if you polish or not)

Both of these items are cheaper at home depot. So in Germany check your hardware store for prices before buying off amazon, these are just examples of what I'm talking about.

Copper Tube

https://www.amazon.com/Flexible-Copper-Tubing-10-Length/dp/B01ES0EFS0/ref=sr_1_17?dchild=1&keywords=3%2F8+copper+tubing&qid=1621616579&sr=8-17

Bending tool

https://www.amazon.com/Superior-Tool-61600-Spring-Bender/dp/B000S8EXD4

I already have the pipe. I am now waiting for an additional rad, a new pump and a full cover GPU block from china. They should be here in the first week of june. I will keep you posted, once everything is here