Is there any way to cover my whole desk in black?

wolfff

So i have searched for large mousepads that can fill up my huge desk and there ARE mousepads that could fill it up but the problem is... they cost way too much.

do you guys have any idea how i could make my desk black? without painting it or something.

Vinyl wrap?

-+-+- This is a reminder to clean the dust filters of your PC! -+-+-

Main PC:

Ryzen 5 1600 3.8GHz - RX 570 4GB - 2x8GB DDR4 - ASUS Prime X370-Pro - Shadow Rock 2 - Define S - Seasonic Prime Gold 650W

500GB NVME SSD - 1TB SATA SSD - 1TB HDD - Windows 10 Pro

Dorm PC:

i5 4590 - GTX 960 4GB - 2x4GB DDR3 - ASUS H81M2 - Dark Rock 3 - Define R3 - 250GB SATA SSD - Seasonic S12 430W - Windows 10 Pro - Linux Mint

NAS:

Pentium G4400 - 4GB DDR4 - Fujitsu Esprimo P556 - 250GB SATA SSD - 2 x 4TB NAS HDD - 12V PSU - OpenMediaVault

Laptop:

Dell Latitude E6520 - i5 2430M - 2x4GB DDR3 - 250GB SATA SSD - Windows 10 Pro - Linux Mint

Just now, GrayTech said:

Vinyl wrap?

wont that break? or doesnt that cause friction if you move with your arms on it while gaming?

1 minute ago, wolfff said:

wont that break? or doesnt that cause friction if you move with your arms on it while gaming?

You could get a big mousepad and rest your arm on that so its not making direct contact with the vinyl wrap.

😳
Not that active so I may not respond.

Just now, wolfff said:

Depends on the quality/type of the wrap. There are vinyl wraps which are slippy and there are ones which provide lot's of friction between your mouse and the desk. You would have to try to finde a material which matches your needs.

These wraps should be fairly durable, you could always replace it when it doesn't look good anymore.

-+-+- This is a reminder to clean the dust filters of your PC! -+-+-

Main PC:

Ryzen 5 1600 3.8GHz - RX 570 4GB - 2x8GB DDR4 - ASUS Prime X370-Pro - Shadow Rock 2 - Define S - Seasonic Prime Gold 650W

500GB NVME SSD - 1TB SATA SSD - 1TB HDD - Windows 10 Pro

Dorm PC:

i5 4590 - GTX 960 4GB - 2x4GB DDR3 - ASUS H81M2 - Dark Rock 3 - Define R3 - 250GB SATA SSD - Seasonic S12 430W - Windows 10 Pro - Linux Mint

NAS:

Pentium G4400 - 4GB DDR4 - Fujitsu Esprimo P556 - 250GB SATA SSD - 2 x 4TB NAS HDD - 12V PSU - OpenMediaVault

Laptop:

Dell Latitude E6520 - i5 2430M - 2x4GB DDR3 - 250GB SATA SSD - Windows 10 Pro - Linux Mint

Big sheet of black fabric and some spray adhesive.

10 hours ago, GrayTech said:

Vinyl wrap?

omg... i've been using a unpainted particle board on top of powered adjustable desk for over a year now, thanks

Vinyl works, I'd probably do what you did and cut an mdf the same size as the table you're using