Gigabyte commits massive PR oopsie in China

OnionFromOrion
Message added by Spotty,

No political content, regardless of your views.

• If something spans politics and tech, the discussion must remain clearly within tech and must not descend into politics
On 5/11/2021 at 4:22 PM, FakeATF said:

Here in the western world, everything cheap is made in China. Anywhere else that advertising stratagem wouldn't work very well.

well, many otakus would disagree, china is known for some top notch stuff (even though not always strictly tech stuff)

video platform = superior

cosplay = no one else comes even close

graphic cards = Colorful iGAME

Music = https://b23.tv/BV1r4411L7UB

(my fav singer, mainly known for Guangzo Palace, eff me if she isnt chinese, i sometimes cant tell, but 99% sure lol) Again, nothing western comes even close, quality wise (even if music is subjective obviously)

And no offense when like 95% of tech comes from China your statement is a bit hypocritical, you'd be hard pressed to not buy any chinese tech products, although I certainly would encourage you to try!

1 hour ago, dragonfly43 said:

I had a few Gigabyte products that failed after a few years. Not impressed !

I would stick with Asus.

Well they're both taiwanese, so

The direction tells you... the direction

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

Corsair Link (Anime Edition) 

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

27 minutes ago, Mark Kaine said:

well, many otakus would disagree, china is known for some top notch stuff (even though not always strictly tech stuff)

video platform = superior

cosplay = no one else comes even close

graphic cards = Colorful iGAME

Music = https://b23.tv/BV1r4411L7UB

(my fav singer, mainly known for Guangzo Palace, eff me if she isnt chinese, i sometimes cant tell, but 99% sure lol) Again, nothing western comes even close, quality wise (even if music is subjective obviously)

And no offense when like 95% of tech comes from China your statement is a bit hypocritical, you'd be hard pressed to not buy any chinese tech products, although I certainly would encourage you to try!

Well they're both taiwanese, so

Literally all of those things are subjective, and you're throwing out the fact that the vast majority of stuff that comes out of China is really crap.

(WARNING: I EDIT MY POSTS ALL THE TIME. GRAMMAR IS HARD.)

"As I, a humble internet browser who frequents the forum of the well known internet tech YouTuber 'Linus Tech Tips', named after host Linus Sebastian, have trouble understanding the intent of the authors' post, I find solace in the fact, that I am indeed not alone in my confusion. While I stumble through the comments above, I am reminded of a quote which helps me to cut through ambiguous and unnecessary verbiage. The simple eloquence of the phrase often uttered on internet forums leaves any reading it in no doubt as to the true intent of the wording. I believe that I, and indeed all of us can take a lesson from the message left by it:"

(Formerly known as @EjectedCasings)

"Thanks bro, my inner grammarian just had a stroke."

-Yours truly, EjectedCasings

"It's stupid, but it works"

"AAAAAAHHH WHY AM I SPEEENING!"

Enthusiast web surfer, 'epic' gamer.

#muricaparrotgang

Well regardless of whether the "made in China" stereotype is accurate, it's pretty stupid from a business decision perspective to directly insult one of your major customers.

It's like a car company saying "this was made in Italy which is better than America", you're not doing anything but pissing off potential customers.

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

2 hours ago, dragonfly43 said:

I had a few Gigabyte products that failed after a few years. Not impressed !

I would stick with Asus.

I've had asus products that failed so the claims of "x company sucks" seems really subjective.