My Internet speed has deteriorated pretty badly after Covid .....What's your situation ?

james_bond
11 hours ago, GamerBoyManuel16 said:

Btw in Europe Netflix and some others reduced the video quality to prevent our infrastructure from being overloaded
also youtube always played the 720p versions by default and you had to manually select 1080p again and again ..

Was it just here or world wide? 

in Europe my yt videos default to 1440p (if available)

The direction tells you... the direction

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

Corsair Link (Anime Edition) 

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

2 hours ago, Mark Kaine said:

The EU asked Google to do that::

https://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/2020/03/netflix-and-youtube-cut-streaming-quality-in-europe-to-handle-pandemic/

A PC Enthusiast since 2011
AMD Ryzen 7 5700X@4.65GHz | GIGABYTE GTX 1660 GAMING OC @ Core 2085MHz Memory 5000MHz
Cinebench R23: 15669cb | Unigine Superposition 1080p Extreme: 3566

I upgraded from 100down25up fiber to gigabit down 250up, so its been good

I could use some help with this!

please, pm me if you would like to contribute to my gpu bios database (includes overclocking bios, stock bios, and upgrades to gpus via modding)

Bios database

My beautiful, but not that powerful, main PC:

prior build:

Spoiler

It’s getting better, at least where I live at the moment. 🇵🇭 
$50/month, I’m glad that a fiber node is near our house. Gone are the days of shitty DSL.

29048B79-2939-4EAD-B1D2-49CCD2AD9639.png

There is more that meets the eye
I see the soul that is inside

17 minutes ago, HelpfulTechWizard said:

upgraded from 100down25up fiber to gigabit down 250up, so its been good

Ummm. If it were fiber it would be symmetrical download and upload generally. I mean thats what AT&T and Verizon do. What provider provides Cable Company level upload on a Fiber line? 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn. 

Funny enough, my speeds are the same but below 100mbps packages increased in price while above 100mbps packages got cheaper.

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

Speeds and ping have been stable for me, recently even got a free upgrade from 500mbps down to 600mbps, unfortunately my upload speed remains 40mbps.

About me [ Linux Engineer | Community Admin | Automation Fanatic | Digital Media Hoarder | All-Round Tech Lover ]

PC [ Custom | 5800X | RTX 3080 | 32GB | 2x 1TB NVMe | 5120 x 1440 @ 120 | Win10 Pro ]
Laptop [ HP Elitebook 1040 G4 | i7-7500U | 16GB | 512GB NVMe | 1080p @ 120 | ElementaryOS ]
Server [ HP Microserver G8 | Xeon E3-1265L | Quadro P1000 | 16GB ECC | 2x 3TB + 2x 8TB HDD | UNRAID ]

Paying for 200down 20up. I've never had issues with Virgin Media and nothing changed during the pandemic. Thank god we switched to them since the previous ISP (EE) had very spotty service and that was before the pandemic.

image.png.859aa7b1279901c1056ca83d4e42153e.png

Absolutely no difference paying for 250/100 and getting 250/100.

I will recommend an NHu12s (or an NHd15 (maybe)) for your PC build. Quote or @ me @Prodigy_Smit for me to see your replies.

PSU Teir List | Howdy! A Windows Hello Alternative 

Desktop :

i7 8700 | Quadro P4000 8GB |  64gb 2933Mhz cl18 | 500 GB Samsung 960 Pro | 1tb SSD Samsung 850 evo

Laptop :

ASUS G14 | R9 5900hs | RTX 3060 | 16GB 3200Mhz | 1 TB SSD

7 hours ago, Mark Kaine said:

Yah for me it's 1080p now again, it's been changed back  to normal a few months ago i think

But was it really necessary to do it in the first place? 😮

6 hours ago, Donut417 said:

Ummm. If it were fiber it would be symmetrical download and upload generally. I mean thats what AT&T and Verizon do. What provider provides Cable Company level upload on a Fiber line? 

Its a smalll company. They dont offer symmetrical for normal consumers. Its for business only.

I could use some help with this!

please, pm me if you would like to contribute to my gpu bios database (includes overclocking bios, stock bios, and upgrades to gpus via modding)

Bios database

My beautiful, but not that powerful, main PC:

prior build:

Spoiler

7 hours ago, Benji said:

That is wrong.

AT&T, Century Link, Verizon and Comcast can all provide Symmetrical Fiber to customers. None of them offer Fiber plans with less upload speeds. While that might be different in Germany. @HelpfulTechWizard's profile shows they are in the US, where Fiber is symmetrical. So Not wrong. But HelpfulTechWizard has stated they are a smaller regional ISP, who generally dont compete with any major ISP's and have a limited foot print in the US. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn.