Thread for Linus Tech Tips Video Suggestions

CPotter

Alibiaba pc he’s done Taobao And, etc.

but instead of Building a pc ordering a pc! 

Also tell Linus I say hi!

Suggestion for the WAN Show - move the merch messages to the top of the screen so as not to be hidden by the subtitles/captions on YouTube.

Hey LMG, Gamers Nexus just did a warranty and RMA video of ASUS customer support and how they are trying to get people to pay exorbitant amounts to fix in warranty repairs and I think it would be great for LMG to provide any takes or even to review their customer service to see if they get similar findings. This could also be a multiple review video of either laptop manufacturers or handheld manufacturers.

A video on the Bambu Labs A1 3D printer. It’s a new printer that has become very popular due to its smart features and is also affordable. It’s changing the industry due to the way it just works compared to traditional 3D printers such as the Ender 3.

Hey LTT! Im a big bass head and know lot of vibrations are bad for computers. But i think it would be fun to see just how much you could turn up the bass while gaming and such to see just how much a pc could take until its in the danger zone. For example i love to turn up the volume at random while playing world of warships just to let my wife know what im playing from accross the house with loud thunderous booms of the main guns xD

The loudest gaming PC!

As someone who had the misfortune of owning an Asus RTX 2080ti Turbo and it always screaming even on idle, I'm curious to see just how loud modern gaming PCs can get. Of course with consumer 'off the shelf' components! And perhaps with a comparison with a normal PC with the same specs.

Also for those feeling bad for me, don't worry, I dupgraded to the 3060ti Founders Edition, and my ol' trusty Turbo is now screaming in my father's computer, alongside the 3 fans I bought from EK at the time because they were on sale

Hi LTT, I work as a Neuroscientist for iMotions a biometric research software company.  We make stuff that helps efforts from academia to industry understand human response with tools like eye tracking, Facial emotion coding, and skin response. etc.  Our tech gets used to answer questions like AB testing game interface design preferences, phone app usage,  to measuring human-machine trust in Self-driving cars.  I saw a few topics I think could be benefited like measuring FPS rates with eye tracking.  Evaluating anything that involves a excitement or relaxation response moment by moment.  Here is an example we did with another channel specifically for driver monitoring.   Would love to collaborate, or outfit the lab, or anything you think could be interesting.  nam.nguyen@imotions.com

So, the "order a pre-built" should go international. I'm willing to bet a lot of countries have a local shop that makes pre-builts/customs that do a far better job/ are even more janky. Wouldn't it be interesting to takes this to a newer or different level?

Posted (edited)

Okay, so I saw the most recent upload titled: "Here's why Chrome is SLOW (It's NOT your RAM)", & admitedly, I enjoyed the video & found it to be fascinating to say the least. 🙂 But as far as their testing goes, they ONLY touched on Chrome, even though they briefly mentioned other browsers in the video, but I won't bother to complain about it since it's still informative as a whole.

However, I am going to offer up my suggestion which I hope will get noticed by SOMEONE on the team, because I have wanted to suggest this for the last few years, but didn't get around to posting it, until now... 😏 So, here is the video suggestion I have in mind: On the most recent WAN Show, I recalled Linus & Luke discussing the upcoming video on de-Google-ifying your life which sounds like quite an in-depth, video. But I want to focus on browsers as far as my suggestion goes- I personally use these browsers along with Chrome because they are all awesome, & even better than Chrome IMO, especially if you configure/set them up properly: Yandex, Opera/Opera GX, Vivaldi, Brave, Naver Whale, Microsoft Edge, & even on my Android phone, I've been known to use Samsung Internet from time to time which is pretty decent in my book. But for this particular video suggestion of mine, I would like to see someone offer these Chrome alternative options to Linus with one objective: You're tired of Chrome, & don't care for its invasion on user privacy & data collection- why not try an alternative browser that could be better? AndI would like to see Linus's reactions, thoughts/opinions on each of these browsers AS he tries them out. 

I know this one might be a shot in the dark here, but hey don't deny it, peeps- it IS a great video idea suggestion, PLUS, LTT hasn't even done one like this yet! 🤷‍♂️😉 [A side note here: Yes, I did NOT include Firefox even though it can be a "good" option, but not many people are using it these days, & I tend to think that Chromium browsers simply perform better anyway.]  

Anyway, feel free to react, or even comment on this letting me know what YOU guys think & if you agree with me on any of this! 👇 

Edited by Kjennings92

Just saw this video of water-cooled servers. The loop utilizes a vacuum that essentially keeps the loop from ever leaking. If there's a nic or cut anywhere in the loop, it pulls the liquid out. It's pretty freaking sick and maybe worth exploring all the extreme situations this could be used in.

Video for reference:

https://www.instagram.com/reel/C6yzTUJgESp/?igsh=cTMxajlqY2NrcWQ2

In one of the last videos, it was about how youtube is going to increase the fight against ad blockers.

I have been experiencing major problems with YouTube (loading time and stability) for a few days now when using "AdBlock". When I turn off the plugin, YouTube works smoothly again. It seems to me that users will certainly experience problems if they are not already using ad blockers on YouTube. I'm here in Belgium (Europe).

erhaps it would be an idea to investigate and discuss this topic a little more deeply?

Hi guys....., since all of you influenced me about self hosting, Nas, unraid and all keep my data at home philosophy, I think you should make a video talking about immich. It's a very nice piece of software running in docker that will make you ditch Google photos !!!

Face recognition, machine learning photo recognition, metadata search and much more all running very fast in local.

It's very under heavy development but it should have a very bright future.

I'd like more videos revolving around not just computer security, but the physical security around it. especially in a business enviornment

I was watching the tech cooling video, and I think it might be better to actually cool the water instead of trying to cool the CPU directly. For instance what if the peltier is attached to the reservoir, where it cools the water bringing down its temperature and creating a buffer between the CPU and the pletier. This would mean that while the CPU idles it cools the water down, bringing up its ability to cool down the CPU when it's actually under load. I would really love for this to be tried as I think this might even be a consumer friendly product, increasing the cooling capacity of small form factor computer. 

Hey there!

I'm a long time viewer of the LTT channel(s) ❤️ 

I wanted to pitch an idea for a potential collaboration that I'd love to see happening as I feel it would be a cool project with unique tech challenges and entertainment (content!) opportunities while also bringing much needed tech upgrades for a really cool Animal non-profit!  

Pitch details:
Alveus Sanctuary: https://www.alveussanctuary.org/
Sanctuary CEO: https://www.alveussanctuary.org/about/maya

Alveus is an exotic animal sanctuary that functions as a virtual education center facility to provide permanent homes to non-releasable exotic animals. 
Aimed to spread conservation awareness and education to the next generation through the power of online platforms, such as Twitch, YouTube, Instagram and TikTok.

Committed to delivering high-quality, curated and well-researched educational content that tells a story, through series such as Animal Quest, and through collaborations with other creators.

Teaching through engagement: Viewers can also follow along with our ambassadors and their daily lives at the sanctuary, fostering a deeper connection between our audience, the ambassadors, and the species they represent, while learning about the conservation stories for each of them. (24/7 Ambassadors Live streams) Each ambassador at Alveus is chosen with a purpose, being representatives of their species with unique stories to be told about conservation or consumer choice.

Our goal is to inspire online audiences across the world to get involved with conservation efforts. We hope to create more awareness for the diverse planet we live on, and to encourage people to take action to protect it, with every individual being able to make a difference.

I've noticed they have challenges with:
-Overheating phones due to streaming outside in the Texas heat.

-Wifi or Internet connection issues: Signal loss cause stream interruptions (when going mobile on to the different enclosures in the Sanctuary). While enclosures have hotspots,  interference/signal strength/loss often impacts streams.

-Here is a list of the Tech in use for their educational streams: https://www.alveussanctuary.org/about/tech > it shows some opportunities for upgrades!

Lastly:
I truly believe that both communities viewers (Alveus and LTT) would really enjoy seeing a collaboration happen! 

I mean who wouldn't love to see Linus meeting and interacting with some of the ambassadors?

Some recent collabs:
Julien

Pokimane, Aria & Hyoon
Valkyrae
HasanAbi
Ludwig
Even more collabs in Alveus Youtube

Got an idea for a quick video

idea-

digup the most dangerous,(like actually dangerous to turn on, maybe recalled components) controversial, and disastrous (for the owner and/or brand) parts, then build a pc with them.

While building the pc for every part you give a pretty detailed story of what happened, how the manufacturer reacted and such.

The Component I can think of that fits this description is.

The 14 and 13th gen cpus without patched bios.

ASUS ROG Maximus Z690 Hero that has the reverse capacitor.

The exploding power supplies from Gigabyte.

Samsung 990 pro with its rapidly decline health.

NZXT H1 case had a PCIe riser cable fire hazard.

And maybe as a cherry on top, use some EK stuff.

Title/s-

building a very dangerous pc

This build cloud get me cancelled

The most controversial build

The disaster pc

I think a neat video that could be a fairly quick project that would potentially be very useful for most people would be about Air Quality- c02 buildup seems to be quite a common issue with gaming setups if theyre in a more enclosed room so a video about a cheap semi-stealth setup could have for example a small non-perminant PC Fan hookup at a window to help circulate air, maybe some 3D printed basin plant pots both hidden and shown if you want to go for both stealth and less-stealth implementations , with summer/the hotter months rolling in now it could be tied into general cheap room cooling too

Hey, can we get a video where Linus and Jake tries to fix the old server room, like what Linus did about 7 years ago? Even more fun if dan joins them as in the new server room the trio did an awesome job for the video at least, can't say much about the experience, but yea would be really fun to watch

Just now, Kartikay-Agarwal said:

Hey, can we get a video where Linus and Jake tries to fix the old server room, like what Linus did about 7 years ago? Even more fun if dan joins them as in the new server room the trio did an awesome job for the video at least, can't say much about the experience, but yea would be really fun to watch

Oh wow, like Intel/AMD tech upgrades, they could go to a small business or startup and upgrade their server/network. 

I toured the id software office years ago (when Quake Live was new) and they just had boring Dell servers in a basic rack (they had more servers in colo etc) but it is wild to think about the reality of the rack!

What about a video comparing different AI bots and how robustly and accurately they can answer questions, produce pictures, create tone within short stories etc. It would be like a sport and fun. I think the two main ones right now are Chat-GPT and bing/meta AI. Might be fun to throw in a dark horse no name one.

I would do it myself but I don't want to pay $20 a month for the chat gpt-4 premium option, what do y'all think?

Hello LMG ! 👋

I've followed your series of videos about automating Linus' garage door, and I believe my new project could be quite useful for a follow-up !

I've published an ESP32 firmware that allows to connect any gate to Home Assistant via an open/close pin (though you already have your garage door set up).

Additionally, I've developed a Home Assistant blueprint to fully automate the opening and closing of a gate, while ensuring maximum security.

This blueprint offers extensive customization options and works with a wide range of settings. It also includes optional sensors, such as an iBeacon scanner to close the gate if you're out of reach.

The system operates by constantly refreshing your Waze itinerary when you're near home, updating the ETA, and opening the gate just before you arrive, ensuring it's ready at the perfect time. You can click on this link https://miro.com/app/board/uXjVMpH4Tno= to see its logic

While this topic might not be enough for a standalone video, it could be a valuable addition to a future video about your garage door opener or Home Assistant in general.

Here is my repo and the post I've made on HA's subreddit :

Repo : https://github.com/etiennec78/Home-Automation