Thread for Linus Tech Tips Video Suggestions

CPotter

The WORLD'S FASTEST GAMING PC that even money can't buy. You build the fastest gaming PC with all cherry picked highly binned components, and you overclock, each and every single component to its absolute limits, even with Ln2 if it has to come to that. It is going to be expensive (unless it's completely sponsored) so I don't know how you would fit that in your budget.

Microsoft owns my soul.

Also, Dell is evil, but HP kinda nice.

Linus and crew should come check out NetWar in Omaha NE.  it's a LAN party with about 700+ attendees that's held twice a year for charity.  With all the interest he's generating in the Whale LAN and the new LAN center, this would fit right in.  We don't have a dedicated facility, but have progressively outgrown several large venues including an entire sports arena (Baxter Arena).  We bring in 10g internet, 480v 200a 3phase power, and all the rest of the infrastructure to make it happen.  Check out netwar.org and if interested, I can introduce you to the NetWar team.  The next event is in a couple weeks.

53279199610_8cfc1d3899_o.jpg

Will be very intrested to see an actual review about ACER PREDEATOR Series as in whole.

lol videos videos and more videos. It sound so depressing, until you realize it's a 100+ person company that .. make videos.

We should review something from Motorola. I know, "dead company". But they are actually phones again?

But they are run by Lenovo again. Not lenovo ...

You know what I think I'm fine.

On 2/6/2024 at 6:18 AM, Graham lloyd said:

You guys should find out what the hell this cable is and what the hell is going on inside there 

IMG_0452.png

$500 on the mini Dyson!  30 for the fax, and maybe 200 for the big dyson, assuming it travels through time

final

24 minutes ago, CDR_Xavier said:

lol videos videos and more videos. It sound so depressing, until you realize it's a 100+ person company that .. make videos.

We should review something from Motorola. I know, "dead company". But they are actually phones again?

But they are run by Lenovo again. Not lenovo ...

You know what I think I'm fine.

Moto~ isn’t a dead company. I should know, it’s (pointing) right there

yep, in Schaumburg. It isn’t dead yet, this is more like purgatory

ever seen a Joe’s Crab Shack?  They’ve become one of us now

1 minute ago, Cramig88 said:

$500 on the mini Dyson!  30 for the fax, and maybe 200 for the big dyson, assuming it travels through time

final

Moto~ isn’t a dead company. I should know, it’s (pointing) right there

yep, in Schaumburg. It isn’t dead yet, this is more like purgatory

ever seen a Joe’s Crab Shack?  They’ve become one of us now

It’s probably on something Motorola drive. Like here we got uline drive - obviously not for golfers

anywho, good luck!

It'd be so cool to see a video on Garmin's smart watches! I've been looking into buying one for a while but most of the YouTube reviews out there are by fitness channels, and not so much tech reviewers. Specifically the Fenix 7 line would be interesting to see reviewed, with it's MIP display and incredible battery life + solar charging.

Visit to the factory of Radial engineering in Vancouver?

They make professional audio-equipment, and I have been using their equipment for years at work. But only recently i noticed the [Made in Canada] label on them. Instantly thought seeing how this stuff is made would be super cool to see. I'm sure theres lots of other cool stuff to do with them too.

Wouldn't be surprised if LTT already use their products at work, and if not i am sure Dan has in the past. Real industry standard for live audio.

This is their website: https://www.radialeng.com/history

This may not fit under LTT but perhaps its own channel or just for float plane but more business or enterprise content. It could be technology and software to help small businesses, or even something like the current uneasiness with where vmware licensing will go and discussing alternatives that businesses could consider. I enjoy when they do the episodes when they are improving their networking or the storage. Buying the used jbods, etc. Even demonstrating effective strategies for small businesses can use used hardware to give them the computer they need but ideas or guides on dos and donts when going down this path. Cyber Security news, best practices etc. also would be useful but also has challenges.

Maybe I am asking for this content so that I can have it playing in my office and claim it is work related but I would be interested to see a LMG approach to these avenues.

One cool piece of tech I keep seeing is modue https://www.modue.com

Its a modular macropad/ stream deck system that is completely user customisable.

It's probably not big enough for a main channel video, but a short circuit would be cool 

I would love to see a video on meshtastic devices or really just cool LoRa devices. Just seems like a neat thing that maybe has unheard features that could be useful with a good jump down the rabbit hole. ;)

Hello LTT , Samsung treathens to brick my new s24 ultra if my trade in phone is not received in time. While I have send my old phone but the trade In provender is a mess. And has not processed my phone. I have added a screenshot. But it is Dutch. This is happening in the Netherlands. Feels rediculus and invasive that samesung can remotely brick your phone if they feel like it. 

Maby it is interesting enough for you. 

Kind regards Lorenzo (Netherlands) 

j1oH7HXckc6CaZIfODdTGaiA.jpg

Every video that has something to do with screen technology, whether its a phone, laptop or monitor review you always talk about color accuracy. Then you flash those color test result graphs with colors, dots and tiles with some random numbers, but I have no idea how to read them or what they even mean. Could you please make a video about these graphs and how to interpret them? Techquickie maybe?

Haven't really seen any of the bigger tech channels talking about the following: Game server hosting. Maybe do like a secret shopper or atleast talk about what the actual differences are.

I would love a video going in depth on surge protectors and related items. It could discuss the different types of technology (surge "protector", "suppressor", "stabilizer", etc), talk about the different use-cases for each type. It could also do some testing of different popular/recommended models, you could have fun with the testing by making a goal of overloading one so much as to make it catch fire.

I work with selling/setting up $20,000 digital sewing machines, and want to research a recommended surge device to protect high-value electronics such as these, and even figure out if it is even worthwhile to buy $100 or $200+ surge devices for them compared to something like a cheap $20 surge protector.

I know thermals are the current hot topic with cpus at the moment and i have had an idea for a video to help cool things down 

so my idea is taking a cooler similar to Thermalright SI-100 bending the cooling pipes to shift the fins out of the way so that a aio water block is able to be seated on the mount of the air cooler so that the can work together to cool the system or if their is a easier way to achieve this 

suggestion for video name could be 

water… air… why not both? But does it cool?

IMG_9705.jpeg

Just watched the Noob vs Pro PC Build Challenge, then rewatched Sarah Butt's build. Both were very entertaining, but I think a better challenge format, and more useful to the audience, would be to find someone in your giant company who is as game as Sarah and the others, but is actually interested in building their first PC, and follow them through the whole process, with their POV (not necessarily literally, but with them explaining why they chose to look at this or that video, where they started from, what they wanted, what info the sought from where, what was hard to find, etc.). With the size of LMG these days it should be reasonably easy to find someone who is a Mac or console person who wants to get into PC gaming or someone who just has never had the opportunity to do their own build. But have them choose and build their own computer, for themselves (or for their little brother as was the fiction for Secret Shopper Sarah), with real world constraints and real world interest in the process as well as the result. Sarah's video was almost this, but didn't give the impression that it was her initiative, so it wasn't as much like she was representing the audience.

Hey there!

I just listened to the latest WAN show. Linus and Luke talked about the case, where Florida intends to ban social media, for people who are underage. Linus and Luke talked about not trusting either the government or a private firm, to authenticate its users. 

We have a very interesting system here in Denmark, that i think is quite unique, that I would love to see a video about. We have a system called MitId (MyId). Every grown person have their unique MitId, that are used as 2 or 3 factor authentication when needed online. That beeing loggin in to your bank account or accessing your digital mailboks (that every grown person also has). 

The system is a new version og NemId (EasyId) that dates back to 2010. I think its a really interesting system, we as danes take for granted, but is generally regarded as secure. 

I wont use a lot of space on it here, but the early versions where very simple, in the form of a piece of paper, whith a series of numbers. A given website could ask for the corrosponding number, and you would have to reply refering to your paper sheet. The newest version is (naturally), an app. 

What do you guys think? Would it be an interesting topic for a video or a WAN show segment?

Travelin young have made a couple og videos about the topic, in english, if anyone is interested. I am new on the forum, so I wont link to their video, in case its not allowed.

Hey great team at LMG!

My wishes for the upcoming videos:
-Alpakka gaming controller (from diy to gaming)
-New Linux gaming challenge

-PostmarketOS mobile OS (From flashing to use)
-Information about ewaste and how to recycle electonic products properly

Thanks for everybody who works at the LMG!

A video explaining the meaning of the color terms they use when talking about displays. Terms like Delta E, SDR/HDR, Color spaces etc.

As a nerd who built my first computer in 1993, and now uses a Macbook, iPhone, Apple Watch, and AirPods, along with my gaming PC, and who works in Linux most days, it seems like most of Linus's complaints about Apple products are a result of his not being very familiar with the ecosystem. How about a challenge video where Linus has to daily-drive only Apple devices for a month? 

The safety/reliability of proprietary to standard cable adapters.

Recently, I've been a little transfixed at the thought of all of the very usable hardware that will almost certainly become e-waste because companies use proprietary standards. For example, I've seen many high-wattage, notoriously reliable HP power supplies -- some of which can fit inside a standard ATX case -- for as little as 20-40 bucks -- and of course there's the opposite, motherboards galore that don't match standards PSUs. And there just seems to be no real information on how safe or reliable adapters on amazon or aliexpress for use cases like this are; people just either assume they aren't or assume they are, and say that. It would be interesting, I think, for someone to stress test these kinds of cables and adapters to see how they hold up and if they're really a potential hazard.

A deep dive video talking about business tools and softwares that LMG uses and recommends covering something as small as what communication software is better for teams or what cloud storage is good to logistics softwares, accounting softwares, etc.

What about a video about how tech handles different climates. Maybe put laptops and phones in a bag, and dumb a bunch of snow onto it...then let it melt. That climate control chamber that they have could really come in handy and hasn't been used much on camera as of yet. It's like one of those mythbusting tech vids but with the LMG labs. Obviously thinks like batteries at different temperatures and all of that has been covered but I think LTT can make this into a very fun vid that educates lots of people.

Hey Linus! I think I've seen every video without fail for the past 6 months! Yep, big fan. Anyways, Time Magazine has an special issue every year called "The Best Inventions of 20__"

For 2021, the following won, an external display that requires no Power adapter apart from the USB-C

https://time.com/collection/best-inventions-2021/6112634/espresso-display/

Curious what you'd make of it!