Thread for Linus Tech Tips Video Suggestions

CPotter

Customer heatsink v3. You guys have baller 3D printers now and you can afford metal filament to run through them. Design you a heatsink, print it up, send it in to be sintered/debinded and then run it through its paces.  

They make bronze, copper, aluminum, steel, etc. Try all of them! That's like a whole series. You could even 3d print the fan that goes onto these heatsinks. YOU COULD COOL THE WHOLE PC WITH 3D PRINTED PARTS!

Hi,

is LTT planning to use Mastodon after the whole Twitter bs? I would love to see a video about it or as part of the wan show.

Security penetration testing, both physical and digital.

I'm watching your video on the Rubber ducky at the moment and its got me thinking how great a channel you would be to have a penetration company attempt to access your systems within the company. This would be brilliant for you because you can evaluate your current security measures and if they are successful, you can better your security measures.

For the video it would be great to follow along with the general methodology (especially physical) and the lessons that have been learnt. You have many system admins that watch your videos and prehaps this could act as the catalyst to have them re-evaluate system they thought were safe.

This idea comes from a podcast called Darknet Diaries by Jack Rhysider. Ep 41 demonstrates how peoples charitable side can be used to access a a property for example.

7 hours ago, JGfro said:

Security penetration testing, both physical and digital.

I'm watching your video on the Rubber ducky at the moment and its got me thinking how great a channel you would be to have a penetration company attempt to access your systems within the company. This would be brilliant for you because you can evaluate your current security measures and if they are successful, you can better your security measures.

For the video it would be great to follow along with the general methodology (especially physical) and the lessons that have been learnt. You have many system admins that watch your videos and prehaps this could act as the catalyst to have them re-evaluate system they thought were safe.

This idea comes from a podcast called Darknet Diaries by Jack Rhysider. Ep 41 demonstrates how peoples charitable side can be used to access a a property for example.

They don't even allow talk of that on the forums. Doing a video on it would be terrible as LTT can barely get the server stuff right.

How about best Free or bang for buck one click wifi blocker. Ie Quickly punish the kids

Everyone talks about how playing retro games via emulation is bad vs original hardware.

Would be cool to see a definitive comparison to show the differences and put some of the emulation consoles (Retron, NES Classic, Switch emulation etc) up against the originals.

Suggestion: LTT (and interested friends?), probably sponsored by iFixit, patents "built in obsolescence" along with a few specific ways that it is used in the tech industry. The patent would wording would be constructed in such a way that it would be morally reprehensible to defend in court; especially defending these practices overtly and on the record. This new power is then used and abused to attempt to coerce manufacturers who use these processes to cease doing so. There may very well be a long list of ongoing content with various interactions with companies who then abuse the terms of your patent and the stories associated. Any out of court agreements would be to stop the practices and improve reparability; should it make it to court and you win then I'm sure there is a suitable good cause/charity that could be donated to.

I heard Amazon basics just rips off good products. 

Perhaps maybe comparing Amazon basics to products that it might be ripping off would be fun. 

Please make a video about Project Auto EQ. I found it randomly in my Youtube suggestions and it's amazing.
You improve the sound of your headphones instantly for free as a noob like me when they have the headphones on their list. The sound of my Sennheiser HD58x with the program and their custom EQ curve is about 10-15% better than stock. At first, I thought yeah sure whatever and then I was shocked when I tried it. I have done it on my Nothing Ear 1 on Android and it also improved it by quite a bit. I showed it to friends and they have also improved their sound with varied headphones, so its not just me.
I was surprised that this program/project is not well known at all. That's why it would be nice if you guys could make it more well-known: everybody gets free sound improvement for their headphones. Maybe LTT with Labs could also participate in this project with their custom EQs.

That's the Website

https://github.com/jaakkopasanen/AutoEq

Isn't it time Linus Takes the most pathetic Prebuilt Gaming Desktops and makes them better showing users how to upgrade to get better results , I have Personally posted

about the Acer Nitro 50-610 and what i have gone through to make it a Home-Run System , From the i5-10400F into the i7-10700F CPU swap or Taking out a 1650X Graphics

card and installing a Asus/Nvidia RTX 3060 12GB OC , Or Fixing Cooling Issues with Pre-Builts that Aren't Designed for Extra Cooling , Or Designing an all New Case from 

Scratch like i had to do , Linus Hit us with your best Idea's .

Ranco is my up and coming Desktop Gaming Case Replacement for the Nitro 50-610 Code Named (ANTHEM) , but also working creating other things as well pushing the idea's of an 1000 watt 80+ Plus Platinum Power Supply , and also the Possibilities of my Own Motherboard of course so far just an idea .

Dave Plummer, one of the OG Windows devs, lives only ~4 hours from Vancouver. He has a rising YT channel. Would make a great collab

Is it possible for LTT to revisit this video?

Just wanted to know the current state of PC gaming, which I think is better now. I just bought a used 3060TI for 245USD and I think using last gen RAM, CPU, Motherboard (new or used) products can get you a great gaming PC now. Lots of bargains for DDR4, AM4 and when playing on a 1080p TV (not everyone can afford/have room to put a 4k 70"+ TV in their house), at a distance, it should be great.

I don't think LTT really does a whole lot with software. What would they collab on?

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

No, he wouldn't do a great collaboration, at least I don't think so....   

He writes all the videos beforehand and just reads from the prompter when he makes his videos. You can see how different would be otherwise by watching the video where he writes an application in assembly, he can't manage to write a few lines of code without some spelling or typing errors. 

I doubt he would do well in an interaction with Linus, doing things "live" and I doubt we would get anything new or interesting from him, as he would not reveal any Microsoft secrets or whatever. 

I liked the rubber ducky video. This one would be great to see. It is called Flipper Zero. It is on another whole new level compared to rubber ducky. Good luck getting one as they sold out.

Link as a credible source made a video on it

\

I hope this goes in this forum, if not, let me know.

How about a follow up to the Adobe/Pantone "Software as a Service", with a focus on the downside of being held "hostage" by the software company's Cloud Service.

The reason I bring this up is that, right now as I type, a whole industry is down because Autodesk's cloud servers/services have been down for the past 2 hours.  We effectively can't work.

I would love to have a dialog with someone to address this issue.  It has been bugging me a long time and this event has me spinning in frustration. 

Wrist rests. I want the most in depth, overly informative 45 minute lecture on ergonomics, comfort, longevity, pricing, etc. via the dulcet tones that only Linus can provide. Chop Chop (jk)

GIVE US WRIST RESTS!! WE WANT WRIST RESTS!!

As Always,

Lord D. Yaeger

H.S.

5 hours ago, Rkeetekt said:

I hope this goes in this forum, if not, let me know.

How about a follow up to the Adobe/Pantone "Software as a Service", with a focus on the downside of being held "hostage" by the software company's Cloud Service.

The reason I bring this up is that, right now as I type, a whole industry is down because Autodesk's cloud servers/services have been down for the past 2 hours.  We effectively can't work.

I would love to have a dialog with someone to address this issue.  It has been bugging me a long time and this event has me spinning in frustration. 

F@H
Desktop: i9-13900K, ASUS Z790-E, 64GB DDR5-6000 CL36, RTX3080, 2TB MP600 Pro XT, 2TB SX8200Pro, 2x16TB Ironwolf RAID0, Corsair HX1200, Antec Vortex 360 AIO, Thermaltake Versa H25 TG, Samsung 4K curved 49" TV, 23" secondary, Mountain Everest Max

Mobile SFF rig: i9-9900K, Noctua NH-L9i, Asrock Z390 Phantom ITX-AC, 32GB, GTX1070, 2x1TB SX8200Pro RAID0, 2x5TB 2.5" HDD RAID0, Athena 500W Flex (Noctua fan), Custom 4.7l 3D printed case

Asus Zenbook UM325UA, Ryzen 7 5700u, 16GB, 1TB, OLED

GPD Win 2

IDK if this will reach anyone or not, but it seems somewhat important.

In the latest LTT latest video "Being an Early Adapter SUCKS", at 9:00 in, shown is a response from Dell falsely stating the firmware on the monitor may only be updated by "trained technical staff at a dedicated service center," and that this is because "the monitor's built in G-sync module requires a special hardware service tool and software".

Acer and ASUS both pushed out over-the-air firmware updates for their X35 and PG35VQ (which, IIRC, Linus had as his personal monitor for a short time, after making a video on it. Links here: https://community.acer.com/en/kb/articles/13072-acer-predator-x35-optional-firmware-update & https://www.asus.com/us/support/FAQ/1041768/ ), despite having G-sync Ultimate modules installed in both.

LTT is one of the only few with the power to look into, address and possibly call out such behavior. Whether it be Dell OR Nvidia, who is unnecessarily restricting users from updating software in some sort of misguided attempt at planned obsolescence, the behavior is unacceptable.

Hey guys love your content been binging the many channels of the LMG for years now and enjoy the growth and tackling of tech you guys provide. 

That said I guess I should get on topic. I know linus is an advocate for right to repair and is the main reason I bought an ifixit kit.

Here is my dilemma I opted for the asus tuf gaming x570-plus wifi  with the infamous pch fan o doom. It has been in operation for a year now and the poor motherboard design has caught up to me. After spending some hours trying to Google fu an answer for a replacement fan I have come to the conclusion that an aftermarket replacement is a unicorn to the layperson. 

So my pitch to ye gods of tech is to maybe investigate a solution cooling the pch with a fan from a laptop that gets Frankensteined onto the board, maybe with some machining to make it look legit. 

I think I might be onto an idea hear. Although I don't know if a laptop fan would work with desktop power, I think they're both 12v, and less than an Amp so maybe. Also I am unsure if the laptop fan oriented vertical works well or not? 

It's been a while since I've seen you guys do anything functionally jank to solve a problem with no consumer solution.

Anyway thanks for your time, and keep up the great work.

P.S. here is a YouTube link to someone lucky enough to get a new oem fan for this issue.

Linus was very frustrated with the GE "smart" motion dimmers.

I just heard about the Everything Presence One, that has a PIR motion, 24GHz mmWave sensor, light, temp, and humidity sensors.

It is even flashable with your own software.

https://shop.everythingsmart.io/en-us/collections/everything-presence-one

I heard about it from this video, which shows off what it can do:

It was apparently built buy a youtuber that was unsatisfied with the "smart" options on the market:

"cook" using PC related items. 

Like using a dash of thermal paste as a seasoning

It would be awesome to do an SSD comparison, especially internal SSDs. The marketing often hides or completely omits useful features or performance characteristics, so it's kind of a total crapshoot when you try to look for "good" m.2 drives. Like, most don't even post what kind of cache they have? It's infuriating!