"Titanfall Cheaters Will Be Forced To Play With Other Cheaters"

TopWargamer

This is amazing. I approve.

Case: Corsair Vengeance C70 Gunmetal Black CPU: i7-4770k Cooler: Corsair H100i RAM: 8gb Corsair Vengeance Pro GPU: ASUS Direct CUII 770 MOBO: Asus Maximus VI Hero PSU: EVGA Supernova 1000 G2

Expecting cheaters to be detected and dealt with instantly is really really unreasonable. One thing the article didn't mention is how fast cheaters are dealt with so complaining about it when you don't know exactly how long it takes is daft. I also fail to see how this is a bad idea, sure people who want to cheat will buy the game again but doing it like this gives them less incentive to buy the game again as they can still play with all their friends but only their friends would suffer. Just banning them outright will do even less as they will rebuy the game if they want to play it. I fully support this kind of treatment for cheaters as its basically saying to them "Look we know you're cheating and that you'll just keep cheating but f**k you because: Reasons"

I was not complaining about the detection time. I was saying the punishment does not affect the detection time. Therefor it does not prevent any cheating problems at all. All it does is change the punishment from permanent to a different lobby. Cheaters generally do not enjoy playing against other cheaters, they cheat to get the upper hand. You can even find cheaters light-heartedly complaining against cheaters on cheater forums. So once they get placed into that lobby, they'll just rebuy that game. And as far as I know there are no private matches in Titanfall, so their friends won't want to play with them. The message to cheaters is more along the lines as "You're cheating and we don't want to let you play with normal players, but here is a special lobby we made just for you."

I was not complaining about the detection time. I was saying the punishment does not affect the detection time. Therefor it does not prevent any cheating problems at all. All it does is change the punishment from permanent to a different lobby. Cheaters generally do not enjoy playing against other cheaters, they cheat to get the upper hand. You can even find cheaters light-heartedly complaining against cheaters on cheater forums. So once they get placed into that lobby, they'll just rebuy that game. And as far as I know there are no private matches in Titanfall, so their friends won't want to play with them. The message to cheaters is more along the lines as "You're cheating and we don't want to let you play with normal players, but here is a special lobby we made just for you."

It's not like they're rewarding the cheaters with their own lobby because they did something good, their letting them play the game but only with like minded people. If they don't want to play with other cheaters then they will just rebuy the game which is exactly what they would do if they were banned outright.

-The Bellerophon- Obsidian 550D-i5-3570k@4.5Ghz -Asus Sabertooth Z77-16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 1866Mhz-x2 EVGA GTX 760 Dual FTW 4GB-Creative Sound Blaster XF-i Titanium-OCZ Vertex Plus 120GB-Seagate Barracuda 2TB- https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/60154-the-not-really-a-build-log-build-log/ Twofold http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/121043-twofold-a-dual-itx-system/ How great is EVGA? http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/110662-evga-how-great-are-they/#entry1478299

It's not like they're rewarding the cheaters with their own lobby because they did something good, their letting them play the game but only with like minded people. If they don't want to play with other cheaters then they will just rebuy the game which is exactly what they would do if they were banned outright.

So it has no effect on normal users, and positively affects cheaters.

GTA V was a bad sport lobby where most people got there for blowing up people's cars.

This is more like instead of VAC banning someone permanently, you give them a place to keep on playing with other cheaters.

No they had cheaters lobbies for the money glitching people.

So it has no effect on normal users, and positively affects cheaters.

How is forcing cheaters to play with cheaters a positive effect?

-The Bellerophon- Obsidian 550D-i5-3570k@4.5Ghz -Asus Sabertooth Z77-16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 1866Mhz-x2 EVGA GTX 760 Dual FTW 4GB-Creative Sound Blaster XF-i Titanium-OCZ Vertex Plus 120GB-Seagate Barracuda 2TB- https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/60154-the-not-really-a-build-log-build-log/ Twofold http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/121043-twofold-a-dual-itx-system/ How great is EVGA? http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/110662-evga-how-great-are-they/#entry1478299

How is forcing cheaters to play with cheaters a positive effect?

Because the alternative is not letting them play at all.

They're still not going to be able to continue trolling the people who just want to play, but they might get to see the other side of the situation if their aimbot isn't up to par

[spoiler=Current Rig:]i5-4670K @ 4.4 Ghz on 1.3v | MSI Z87I | GTX 780 @ 1150 Mhz | 2x8GB ADATA XPG | Samsung 840 250GB SSD | CM V700 PSU | Custom Watercooled in a Caselabs S3

[spoiler=Peripherals:]Mad Catz R.A.T. 7 | Corsair K70 | Sennheiser Urbanite headphones | Corsair Vengeance MM200 | Asus PB278Q + Samsung 22"

which they would fix by just buying the game again, you sir are silly and I no longer wish to associate with your silliness.

You know...I have never felt the need to use a wallhack, a gui hack an aimbot, a speedhack, a lag switch (hell they have them voice activated now like laggsta). 

I have researched the crap so I knew what was going on. I still remember when they hit. People who were the best of the best became average overnight and I was like wtf is going on. Man. I feel bad for kids now who can't have what we did back then with Quake/Starsiege Tribes.

This almost makes me want to buy Titanfall (even though I wasn't a fan of the beta) and bust out shadowplay and laugh my ass off at the idiots complaining that I a bigger "haxor" (cus downloading programs is hacking I guess) then they are.

I remember many people giving up on FPS on PC and going console. Welp, now console has lag switches and XIM (mouse keyboard). It is just as bad. Maybe if these clowns see how stupid this is? They will back off a bit.

CPU:24/7-4770k @ 4.5ghz/4.0 cache @ 1.22V override, 1.776 VCCIN. MB: Z87-G41 PC Mate. Cooling: Hyper 212 evo push/pull. Ram: Gskill Ares 1600 CL9 @ 2133 1.56v 10-12-10-31-T1 150 TRFC. Case: HAF 912 stock fans (no LED crap). HD: Seagate Barracuda 1 TB. Display: Dell S2340M IPS. GPU: Sapphire Tri-x R9 290. PSU:CX600M OS: Win 7 64 bit/Mac OS X Mavericks, dual boot Hackintosh.

I personally don't play these types of games anymore. It's about damn time someone came up with a great solution for cheaters. Even tho they might not be able to catch them all.

Test ideas by experiment and observation; build on those ideas that pass the test, reject the ones that fail; follow the evidence wherever it leads and question everything.

Wow, who come up with this and implement it into the game is awesome.

Please, now every game implement this, PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Actually, since there are bot in Titanfall, in Cheater Server, they can just pump up to a level that every bot are equipped with aimbot and fight with the cheater.

CPU i5 13400F - - - - - - GPU ASUS TUF GAMING GeForce RTX 3080 10G - - - - - - - - RAM G.Skill Ripjaws V Black DDR4 3600MHz 2*16GB

Motherboard MSI MAG B660M MORTAR WIFI mATX - - - - Storage Crucial P5 Plus 1TB M.2 + Kingston SSDNow UV400 240GB + WD Green 2TB

PSU Seasonic Focus GX 850W 80 Plus Gold - - - - Cooling Noctua NH-U12S chromax.black - - - - Case Fractal Design Define 7 Mini

Displays INNOCN 27M2V + ASUS TUF Gaming VG259QM + Dell U2414H - - - - - - - - - - - Sound ATH-M50x, Lenovo unknown speaker

Keyboard Ducky Shine 4 - - - - - Mouse Logitech G Pro Superlight + G-TF Rough + Logitech G PowerPlay

So banning people is not allowed anymore or something? Carry on hacking then...

Its more of an outright mental punishment IMO.

Meaning if your outright banned and cannot play, your move on,.. this way they can keep playing /w their mental anguish of "getting smashed by other hackers" feeling the amplified frustrations that we do. They might turn a new leaf and buy another copy of Titanfall and NOT cheat at all.. I am sure there will be cheater only clans for a little while.. making out they love it, when they will eventually "grow up" and learn.

^Titanfall wins either way, more developers should do it, but I don't see every game being a win with such a feature.

Titanfalls got some nice quirks behind the scenes, hoping to see more good decisions made.

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

As long as they confirm that you are cheating and show you what you did with proof I am ok with this. I never install anything to cheat anyway so all good but if someone got on my pc and got access to my game somehow getting a hold of a gaming account of mine well then not all good. There still should be an investigation process of some type.

Too many ****ing games!  Back log 4 life! :S

As long as they confirm that you are cheating and show you what you did with proof I am ok with this. I never install anything to cheat anyway so all good but if someone got on my pc and got access to my game somehow getting a hold of a gaming account of mine well then not all good. There still should be an investigation process of some type.

This. 

IP addresses should be considered.

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

This. 

IP addresses should be considered.

^ They can be changed right?

Wouldn't a permanent MAC address ban be more effecting, I think... it can also be altered, but with a bit more effort required, it would deter some from doing it altogether.

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

Wouldn't a permanent MAC address ban be more effecting, I think... it can also be altered, but with a bit more effort required, it would deter some from doing it altogether.

When there's a will, there's a way. 

COMIC SANS

When there's a will, there's a way. 

... Obviously. 

But if your IP is usually some place located in the Mid-west of the US and you are found cheating with an IP from China.... Something should obviously be screwy.

I'm not talking about what they use to ban the people (i.e. what keeps them from playing the game). I'm talking about what they use to verify who a person is.

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.