Best software to use for coding that requires no download and is free

Proxyy_

Any ideas for a coding software that requires no download and is free. 🙂 

Coding what? using what language? on what OS? for what OS? 

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

How exactly are you going to use something without downloading it?

1 minute ago, Levent said:

Coding what? using what language? on what OS? for what OS? 

I am not at my pc a lot cuz my parents are divorced so I only have my school computer. So yes, chrome os.....im ashamed. Any language, preferably CSS, HTML, JavaScript, and Python.

3 minutes ago, Proxyy_ said:

I am not at my pc a lot cuz my parents are divorced so I only have my school computer. So yes, chrome os.....im ashamed. Any language, preferably CSS, HTML, JavaScript, and Python.

So it's a Chromebook, so you need a web app or chrome app.

Can you turn on Linux support in settings?

It's either under developers or Linux, depending on the version.

I could use some help with this!

please, pm me if you would like to contribute to my gpu bios database (includes overclocking bios, stock bios, and upgrades to gpus via modding)

Bios database

My beautiful, but not that powerful, main PC:

prior build:

Spoiler

5 minutes ago, Proxyy_ said:

Codesanbox.io should cover you quite well on the frontend web stuff. There are a few sites like Programiz which offer a free Python compiler. 

7 minutes ago, Trebblebob said:

How exactly are you going to use something without downloading it?

Well in windows is called notepad.

You can use any text based editor to develop web. There's no compiler involved.

Ryzen 5700g @ 4.4ghz all cores | Asrock B550M Steel Legend | 3060 | 2x 16gb Micron E 2666 @ 4200mhz cl16 | 500gb WD SN750 | 12 TB HDD | Deepcool Gammax 400 w/ 2 delta 4000rpm push pull | Antec Neo Eco Zen 500w

42 minutes ago, SupaKomputa said:

Well in windows is called notepad.

You can use any text based editor to develop web. There's no compiler involved.

I'm well aware of that, but why on earth would you want to use that over the plethora of options available?  Also you will require a transpiler if you want to use React/Vue/etc.  Before posting that I also assumed that he was on Windows.

Repl.it or CodingGround are two good online ones.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

pythonmegapixel

into tech, public transport and architecture // amateur programmer // youtuber // beginner photographer

Thanks for reading all this by the way!

By the way, my desktop is a docked laptop. Get over it, No seriously, I have an exterrnal monitor, keyboard, mouse, headset, ethernet and cooling fans all connected. Using it feels no different to a desktop, it works for several hours if the power goes out, and disconnecting just a few cables gives me something I can take on the go. There's enough power for all games I play and it even copes with basic (and some not-so-basic) video editing. Give it a go - you might just love it.

Sign up for MS azure for free. Load up the free VM with visual studio and bobs your mothers brother.

-> Moved to Programming

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

18 hours ago, HelpfulTechWizard said:

So it's a Chromebook, so you need a web app or chrome app.

Can you turn on Linux support in settings?

It's either under developers or Linux, depending on the version.

Just do that and doing so allow you to install then Visual Studio Code which is not as good as Visual Studio but you can still code a crap ton of languages/Frameworks on it.