How can I convince my friends that Star Citizen is so awesome?

WindyDays

I've been asking people whether they've heard of Star Citizen before and 95% of them say no. Why does nobody know about this huge, exciting title (even though it's not out yet)?

Also, I find it hard to explain how superb SC is going to be when they ask me what it is.

How can I explain in brief why everyone should be hyped for this game?

Wait for it to come out?

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

Show them the full length kickstarter video and maybe a few live streams or the ship commercials. I got friends interested visually rather than verbally and it really does work!

- Samo

CPU: Intel i7 4790k MOBO: Gigabyte GA-Z97x-UD3H RAM: 2x4gb G.Skill Ripjaws 1600Mhz GPU: EVGA GTX 780Ti SC w/ ACX SSD: Samsung 820 128gb HDD: Seagate 1TB PSU: Cooler Master eXtreme 800w Case: Cooler Master Storm Scout

Same here. I've been responsible for most of the hype in my circle of gamer friends. The only one I've managed to convince is the programmer of the group, and mostly because he's skeptical that such an ambitious project could ever be done.

CPU: 5930K @ 4.5GHz | GPU: Zotac GTX 980Ti AMP! Extreme edition @ 1503MHz/7400MHz | RAM: 16GB Corsair Dom Plat @ 2667MHz CAS 13 | Motherboard: Asus X99 Sabertooth | Boot Drive: 400GB Intel 750 Series NVMe SSD | PSU: Corsair HX1000i | Monitor: Dell U2713HM 1440p monitor

Have them as guests in the wan show, then let slick do the talking.

[spoiler=pc specs:]cpu: i5-4670k | mobo: z87-pro | cpu cooler: h100i | ram: 8gb vengeance pro | gpu: gtx770 ftw 4gb | case: nzxt switch 810 matte black | storage: 240gb ssd; 1tb hdd | psu: 750w corsair rm |
keyboards: max nighthawk x8 mx brown + blue led; corsair k60 mx red; ducky shine 3 tkl mx blue + orange led | mouse: deathadder black edition | audio: FiiO E10; sennheiser hd558; grado sr80i; sony mdr-nc200d; blue snowball |

Don't hype it?

There's no point, they can't play it yet.

Case: Meatbag, humanoid - APU: Human Brain version 1.53 (stock clock) - Storage: 100TB SND (Squishy Neuron Drive) - PSU: a combined 500W of Mitochondrial cells - Optical Drives: 2 Oculi, with corrective lenses.

What an interesting culture we live in. Our behaviors are dictated by hype.

Want to find parts in your budget? Logical Increments is the guide you need. | In the market for a headset? Read this thread. | If you're looking for headphones, please refer to this thread. | Stop being backhanded when offering advice.

CPU: Intel i7-3770K @ 3.5 GHz | CPU Cooler: Thermaltake Frio OCK | Motherboard: ASUS P8Z77-V LK | Memory: 16 GB Corsair Vengeance LP (DDR3-1600) | GPU: MSI Radeon HD 7870 GHz Edition x 2 (Crossfire) | Storage: 120 GB Kingston SSDNow V300 SSD, 2 TB Toshiba HDD | PSU: Corsair TX850 V2 | Case: In-Win Mana 136 (Black)
Monitor: ASUS VS248H-P | Keyboard: Corsair Vengeance K70 (Cherry MX Brown) | Mouse: Logitech G500 | Speakers: Logitech X-140 | Headphones: Philips Fidelio X1, Sony MDR-X05 | Webcam: Logitech C510

Don't, if you convince them they'll just be more disappointed when the game fails.

Current rig: CPU: AMD FX-8120  Cooling: Corsair H100i  Mobo: ASRock 970 Extreme 3  RAM: 8GB 1333Mhz  GPU: MSI GTX 660Ti Power Edition  Case: Fractal Design Define R4  Storage: 2TB Seagate HDD + 128GB Crucial SSD  PSU: be quiet! 730W bronze

Please stop over-hyping games and or falling for them just based on hype. Look at titanfall, that was suppose to be the is all and end all of fps and right now it has basically split the gaming community 3 ways.

1. People who actually like it.

2. People who pretend to like it just because of the hype around it.

3. People who dislike it straight up or simply because it was over-hyped to the point that it simply couldn't live up to the expectations people had for it.

Don't mean to hate but I feel that while 3 wont play it, 2 will get tired of it soon and soon people in group 1  might slowly drift to group 2.

(Just my opinion you don't have to agree). 

Loves PC Games :D

People need to learn to differentiate the two types of hype.

1. Company-generated. The hype is a result of intensive, clever and/or hidden marketing

2. Player-generated. Word of mouth spreads from a small invested group of people who recognize and understand all the facts and wants everyone to be part of something awesome.

Games in category 1 usually get the money back but leave people disappointed, games in category 2 are almost always justified in their hype.

Star Citizen is a category 2 hype game. Remember Minecraft? This is that.

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

I've backed the project but that's the extent of my involvement. I don't follow anything else for the game to be pleasantly surprised when I do play it. I've mentioned it to my friends but I'm not saying much except that I hope it'll be worth the wait hahaha

I feel like I'm missing some information somewhere about the game, I see people getting all excited about it but I can't figure out why yet.  What there is looks cool so far though.

Dis track?  Jesus christ why'd we even fight a war?  - Ron Cadillac

First of all, it may not be awesome for him.

CPU: Ryzen 2600 GPU: RX 6800 RAM: ddr4 3000Mhz 4x8GB  MOBO: MSI B450-A PRO Display: 4k120hz with freesync premium.

1. Company-generated. The hype is a result of intensive, clever and/or hidden marketing

2. Player-generated. Word of mouth spreads from a small invested group of people who recognize and understand all the facts and wants everyone to be part of something awesome.

Games in category 1 usually get the money back but leave people disappointed, games in category 2 are almost always justified in their hype.

Almost always?

Ha.

HAHA!

HAHAHAHAHAHA!

Hype is bad, always bad.

Excited anticipation is good, to be eagerly awaiting a game, good. Hype? Fanatical hype? HELL TO THE FUCKING NO.

show them the hangar, that did the trick for my friends

Intel 3570k 3,4@4,5 1,12v Scythe Mugen 3 gigabyte 770     MSi z77a GD55    corsair vengeance 8 gb  corsair CX600M Bitfenix Outlaw 4 casefans

That may be true but the problem even with that hype is that for the masses of people who are going to buy the game they are going into the game thinking of how awesome this is going to be based on the perception of others who may exaggerate things they personally like and will make it easier for you to get the feel of being short changed even if the game is in fact all that awesome. I don't like titanfall based on the beta which in my opinion was boring. That's my take on it but I get the feel that it would be a slightly different experience if it wasn't that hyped.

Loves PC Games :D

You can convice them that the concept is awesome but game... we will see after it gets finished.

Yes, we now it's category 2 because we've all played it and experienced its greatness! /sarcasm

I'm looking forward to it and hope it does well, but it could easily be a massive flop.

if u cant explain that something is good by yourself. maybe its not good after all

Almost always?

Ha.

HAHA!

HAHAHAHAHAHA!

Hype is bad, always bad.

Excited anticipation is good, to be eagerly awaiting a game, good. Hype? Fanatical hype? HELL TO THE FUCKING NO.

I think this a very true indeed. Once a game gets hyped so much it doesn't matter how good the game will be, people will just be disappointed.

Current rig: CPU: AMD FX-8120  Cooling: Corsair H100i  Mobo: ASRock 970 Extreme 3  RAM: 8GB 1333Mhz  GPU: MSI GTX 660Ti Power Edition  Case: Fractal Design Define R4  Storage: 2TB Seagate HDD + 128GB Crucial SSD  PSU: be quiet! 730W bronze

When it comes out...it shall be easy...hopefully.

Beneath this mask there is more than flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea, Mr. Creedy, and ideas are bulletproof.

As I get older I get angrier more cynical, meaner. I feel some warning posts coming. I feel a ban coming. I was warned.

CPU-i5 2400 GPU-Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 OC Mobo-H67MA-D2H-B3 Ram-G.Skill Ripjaws 8gb 1333mhz Case-Fractal Define R4 PSU-Corsair CX750 Storage-Samsung EVO 250gb, 1tb WD Black,Hitachi 1tb Other stuff-Corsair K90, M90 Cooling-3x 140mm Fractal fans Sound-Sennheiser HD438 headphones

I have a friend that I used to play Freelancer with years ago and I just showed him Star CItizen. He nearly died.