How can I convince my friends that Star Citizen is so awesome?

WindyDays

Almost always?

Ha.

HAHA!

HAHAHAHAHAHA!

Hype is bad, always bad.

Excited anticipation is good, to be eagerly awaiting a game, good. Hype? Fanatical hype? HELL TO THE FUCKING NO.

And how are you competent to disprove @That Norwegian Guy - he accually has a point which history prooved in more than a few times.

To the OP: Show him this:

matimio makes some good points here, it could intrigue your friend. But my advice is not to push it, if he likes it -great, if he doesn't, well, some people like a specific genre of games and others don't.  For example: My firends and I play most games together, like L4D2, and BF... But, they love puzzle quest, which I hate, and I like star citizen - which they don't.

Intel 4770k@4.6GHz, ASUS ROG Maximus VI Hero, Kingston HyperX Beast 2x8GB 2400MHz CL11, Gigabyte GTX 1070 Gaming, Kingston HyperX 3k 240GB - RAID0 (2x120Gb), 2xWD 1TB (Blue and Green), Corsair H100i, Corsair AX860, CoolerMaster HAF X, ASUS STRIX Tactic pro, Logitech G400S, HyperX Cloud II, Logitech X530, Acer Predator X34.

Interesting discussions here...

I do agree that there is not much point in getting very 'hyped' for SC right now due to the lack of actual gameplay that is actually out.

However, with over 40 million in crowdfunding and very ambitious yet open plans, the concept of this universe that they are building is truly something different.

So far, I think they have not failed to deliver their promises which is why I want to spread the word.

I want to share with my friends this exciting concept because they don't seem to know about it, or why they should know about it.

I want them not necessarily to be super hyped right now, but rather understand the reasons behind the massive expectations (with a reason) of the game that is Star Citizen, and keep an eye out for it or delve into deeper research if they are particularly interested in this game/genre/concept.

Apologies if I have made the wrong word choice - perhaps 'informed of' would be a better way of saying it.

And to those who tell me to show a video - well most people who have no idea what SC is aren't interested enough to watch a video, and most of the time there isn't a chance to show them anyway. Thank you anyway.

This game is so overhyped I BET its gona end up like Titanfall and GTA 5

Specs of my PC:

CPU: AMD FX 8350  Motherboard: Gigabyte 990XA UD3  GPU: Gigabyte GTX 770 Windforce 2GB  HDD: WD Green 2TB SSD:  Corsair Force GT 120GB SSD RAM: Corsair 8GB(2X4) PSU: CoolerMaster G650M

This game is so overhyped I BET its gona end up like Titanfall and GTA 5

GTA5 kinda lived up to the hype didn't it?...I personally don't know anyone who thought it didn't, I certainly loved it :)

Titanfall a little less so, It's good but I personally haven't had much desire to play since a few days after launch, can't put my finger on it but it hasn't 'grabbed me' so to speak.

Anyhow, regarding SC, as an avid EVE Online player, I'm intrigued by it, but can't get my head around people pouring crazy amounts of cash in to it considering at the moment it's a glorified car showroom? I'll wait until it's been released before I consider getting my wallet out :D

Also, is SC going to be a proper MMO? Or more like X/Elite etc? I'm afraid I'm not too much of a Star Citizen expert at the moment :) 

GTA5 kinda lived up to the hype didn't it?...I personally don't know anyone who thought it didn't, I certainly loved it :)

Titanfall a little less so, It's good but I personally haven't had much desire to play since a few days after launch, can't put my finger on it but it hasn't 'grabbed me' so to speak.

Anyhow, regarding SC, as an avid EVE Online player, I'm intrigued by it, but can't get my head around people pouring crazy amounts of cash in to it considering at the moment it's a glorified car showroom? I'll wait until it's been released before I consider getting my wallet out :D

Also, is SC going to be a proper MMO? Or more like X/Elite etc? I'm afraid I'm not too much of a Star Citizen expert at the moment :)

the story was really good imo but after i did it the free roam was nowhere near as fun as SA and a bit boring to me. the multiplayer...well we all know the launch problems it had and meh i dont like gta online.

Specs of my PC:

CPU: AMD FX 8350  Motherboard: Gigabyte 990XA UD3  GPU: Gigabyte GTX 770 Windforce 2GB  HDD: WD Green 2TB SSD:  Corsair Force GT 120GB SSD RAM: Corsair 8GB(2X4) PSU: CoolerMaster G650M

call them stupid for not seeing awesome in its truest form

Character artist in the Games industry.

Considering its nowhere near finished you should all shutup, it could be a compete failure at this point. The fanaticism going around this game is insane.

Considering its nowhere near finished you should all shutup, it could be a compete failure at this point. The fanaticism going around this game is insane.

I refuse to believe that its going to be nothing less than the best game ever :D

Woooo another Eve player

To the skeptics I can relate to your position but to those of you who are already convinced SC will fail, do yourself a favor and stay out of the stock market because you are sure to walk away broke.