Is there any way we could get someone from Oculus to appear on the WAN show?

Ethanololol

I'm pretty sure this is a stupid question... None the less, I think this would be a good idea as a lot of people are looking for answers/clarification/etc., and it's much easier to draw answers from something spoken rather than something from a press release.

Once again, probably a stupid question.

I'm pretty sure this is a stupid question... None the less, I think this would be a good idea as a lot of people are looking for answers/clarification/etc., and it's much easier to draw answers from something spoken rather than something from a press release.

Once again, probably a stupid question.

Not at all bro, unfortunately there are 2 problems. One, Linus will have to approve of it, two, someone from oculus will have to agree with it. It's not a bad idea but approval has to be made by both parties :)

I fix computers and computer accessories... sometimes... when I want to...

I would love to see this.

Desk: monitors 3x Asus VE248h(eyefinity), Keyboard Cm Strom Trigger(mx red), Mouse Corsair m65, Headset Audio Technica ATH-M50

Black Friday 2013 Build: i7 4770k, Gigabyte Z87X UD5H, 16gb Corsair, Msi R9 290, Corsair Axi 760, Corsair 750D, 2x intel 530 240gb ssd, 2x Seagate 400gb

Older Machine amd x640, msi 760g mobo, 8gb gskillz, Sapphire 6870, Corsair hx650, Cooler master haf 922, ocz agility 3 120gb ssd || HTPC: i7 3770k, shuttle xpc z77, 16gb gskillz, Asus GTX 650 ti, intel 120gb msata ssd

Honestly the people from Oculus can go to blazes. I hope someone steps in and provides something better or the same. Sorry but pairing yourself with Facebook is not a gaming move and people wanted Oculus Rift for gaming so whatever. I honestly don't want to hear a thing from Oculus if possible. Hopefully Sony and others will step up to the plate and make things right.

Too many ****ing games!  Back log 4 life! :S

Not at all bro, unfortunately there are 2 problems. One, Linus will have to approve of it, two, someone from oculus will have to agree with it. It's not a bad idea but approval has to be made by both parties :)

That's what I was thinking. Linus could contact them officially as "LinusMediaGroup" or something like that, and ask if they'd like to come on the show.

I don't see why Linus  wouldn't approve of it, and at this point Occulus has alot of explaining to do and they would have to be out of their minds to turn down a guest appearance on the WAN Show. The WAN Show has a huge audience many of which are currently freaking out over Facebook suddenly owning Occulus.

Ignis (Primary rig)
CPU
 i7-4770K                               Displays Dell U2312HM + 2x Asus VH236H
MB ASRock Z87M Extreme4      Keyboard Rosewill K85 RGB BR
RAM G.Skill Ripjaws X 16GB      Mouse Razer DeathAdder
GPU XFX RX 5700XT                    Headset V-Moda Crossfade LP2
PSU Lepa G1600
Case Corsair 350D
Cooling Corsair H90             
Storage PNY CS900 120GB (OS) + WD Blue 1TB

Server 01Alpha                                       Server 01Beta                            Chaos Box (Loaner Rig)                Router (pfSense)
CPU
 Xeon X5650                                      CPU 2x Xeon E5520                    CPU Xeon E3-1240V2                     CPU Xeon E3-1246V3
MB Asus P6T WS Pro                               MB EVGA SR-2                             MB ASRock H61MV-ITX                 MB ASRock H81 Pro BTC
RAM Kingston unbuffered ECC 24GB  RAM G.Skill Ripjaws 16GB         RAM Random Ebay RAM 12GB    RAM G.Skill Ripjaws 8GB
GPU XFX R5 220                                       GPU EVGA GTX 580 SC               GPU Gigabyte R9 295x2                GPU integrated
PSU Corsair CX430M                               PSU Corsair AX1200                   PSU Corsair GS700                         PSU Antec EA-380D
Case Norco RPC-450B 4U                      Case Rosewill  RSV-L4000C        Case Modified Bitfenix Prodigy   Case Norco RPC-250 2U
Cooling Noctua NH-U9S                        Cooling 2x CM Hyper 212 Evo  Cooling EVGA CLC 120mm           Cooling stock
Storage PNY CS900 120GB (OS)           Storage null                                 Storage PNY CS900 120GB (OS)  Storage Fujitsu 150GB HDD
               8x WD Red 1TB in Raid 6                                                                                WD Black 1TB    
               WD Green 2TB

It would be awesome if Linus could get someone from Oculus on the show but I can't see it happening.

CPU: AMD FX-8350 | CPU Cooler: H80i | Motherboard: Asus M5A99FX PRO R2.0 | RAM: 8GB Kingston Beast 1866MHz

Case: Define R4 | GPU: Gigabyte GTX 780ti | PSU: Corsair CX600M | SSD: 250GB Samsung 840 EVO

.... and a Partridge in a pear tree! 

Honestly the people from Oculus can go to blazes. I hope someone steps in and provides something better or the same. Sorry but pairing yourself with Facebook is not a gaming move and people wanted Oculus Rift for gaming so whatever. I honestly don't want to hear a thing from Oculus if possible. Hopefully Sony and others will step up to the plate and make things right.

I don't really think it works the same way you're thinking. 

When a company as big as Facebook wants to buy your company, It can be a very good thing for the product you're trying to produce. Facebook has a lot of money, Oculus needs more money to take their product to market and get the ball rolling faster. I think that yes it might have been a bad decision, however at the same time it could go very well. Only time will tell. I think just letting go of a product and a company over a deal is silly. Oculus and Facebook have both stated that they will mind their own business's (no pun intended). They will each run their sides separately, although we all know facebook being the super-power they are will be pouring massive funds into the project. Which in turn is a very good thing for the VR market. 

Please quote/tag ( Found by typing @DarrenP) In all posts directed at me. I do not check my current content. 

Intel Core i7-4790K - Gigabyte Z97X-UD5H-BK - 16GB Corsair Vengeance Pro 1866Mhz - EVGA GTX 980 - 256GB MX100 - 2TB WD RED - 900D - H100I - Corsair HX1050 - DNS 320L 2x2TB Seagate Barracuda 

XKBxldy.jpg

Someone told Luke and Linus at CES 2017 to "Unban the legend known as Jerakl" and that's about all I've got going for me. (It didn't work)

I expect Linus to loose his shit this Friday over it so no I don't think he'd invite someone from Oculus in good conscience because he knows he would just do it to tear em a new asshole.

Slick`s balls are probaly gonna drop for the other time as well :)

Slick`s balls are probaly gonna drop for the other time as well :)

He's a lot more stereotypical Canadian when he's angry tough: He's just not, he still sounds like a chill, polite dude that's mildly annoyed to me.

-------

Current Rig

-------

If they came on the show they would be forced to say "All Hail Mark Zuckerberg"

"When in doubt, don't take your wallet out." - Dad

† TTCF Member †

The Twitch chat would just turn into a new element of pure hatred.. This doesn't seem like a good idea

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

Is there any way we could get someone from Oculus to appear on the WAN show?

I like your plan to assassinate Zuckerburger but I wouldn't post it out in the open like that. ;)