Add the Option to Hide User Activity on our Profiles

Is there a particular reason why you want to hide your post activity?

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

Such thing would only hide activity from other members. Moderation will still see it. So what would the benefit be? If you have issues with other members, please contact staff. We take any suspicions of cyber bullying seriously.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

36 minutes ago, Spotty said:

Is there a particular reason why you want to hide your post activity?

If this was the off-topic board I'd make a joke about wanting to keep my grey-market organ4gpu deals private, but in a more serious context:

Not everyone wants to be reminded of the cringy posts they've made in the past, hiding that activity would at least make it less visible.

I left this here just to annoy people.

1 minute ago, Turbokees said:

If this was the off-topic board I'd make a joke about wanting to keep my grey-market organ4gpu deals private, but in a more serious context:

Not everyone wants to be reminded of the cringy posts they've made in the past, hiding that activity would at least make it less visible.

That's just my assumption though, I don't necessarily agree with the suggestion.

19 minutes ago, Turbokees said:

Only people who go back on post history regularly are mods. Anyone else is mostly looking for dirt to report to mods.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

1 minute ago, LogicalDrm said:

Only people who go back on post history regularly are mods. Anyone else is mostly looking for dirt to report to mods.

Don't forget stalkers!

3 minutes ago, Turbokees said:

Don't forget stalkers!

As side point. We usually do this in private, but here's the public no-no. Your signature has link to external site etc. Those are not allowed in general. Only few tech related sites are allowed.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

Oops, I'll remove it. I set that back in 2015, didn't even notice it's there.

14 hours ago, Turbokees said:

14 hours ago, Turbokees said:

Don't forget stalkers!

Yeah it's something around the lines of those. I'm perfectly fine with people unintentionally stumbling on posts I've made when they're just browsing threads of course, but the idea that people can just click on your profile and browse through posts can be kinda creepy, which is why an option to make it non-public would be appreciated.

15 hours ago, LogicalDrm said:

Such thing would only hide activity from other members. Moderation will still see it.

It's still better than everyone being able to see it.

54 minutes ago, FluorescentGreen5 said:

Yeah it's something around the lines of those. I'm perfectly fine with people unintentionally stumbling on posts I've made when they're just browsing threads of course, but the idea that people can just click on your profile and browse through posts can be kinda creepy, which is why an option to make it non-public would be appreciated.

It's still better than everyone being able to see it.

I guess I'm different since I don't care. I don't post anything to internet if I'm not able and willing to stand behind it. That doesn't mean that there wouldn't be some cringy things posted over the years. But I don't mind someone bringing them up. Because for the most defense is valid "I was young, I've been posting stuff for past 20 years".

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

I have cringy posts here too. Nothing to be proud of! But they are there, and I put them there. Sometimes I like to think I know things, and I do, just not all the things 😄

It is especially great when you get called out on it too and that is the moment you realized you pucked up and you just have to eat it 🙂 

AMD R7 5800X3D | Thermalright Aqua Elite 360, 3x TL-B12, 2x TL-K12
Asus Crosshair VIII Dark Hero | 32GB G.Skill Trident Z @ 3733C14
Zotac 4070 Ti Trinity OC @ 3045/1495 | WD SN850, SN850X
Seasonic Vertex GX-1000 | Fractal Torrent Compact, 2x TL-B14

11 minutes ago, freeagent said:

I have cringy posts here too. Nothing to be proud of! But they are there, and I put them there. Sometimes I like to think I know things, and I do, just not all the things 😄

It is especially great when you get called out on it too and that is the moment you realized you pucked up and you just have to eat it 🙂 

I'm thinking at 10k posts to break from this place. Its been fun, but my misinformation spreading is almost completed to lead people into blue screens and random shut downs. My work is almost completed. 😛

21 minutes ago, ShrimpBrime said:

I'm thinking at 10k posts to break from this place. Its been fun, but my misinformation spreading is almost completed to lead people into blue screens and random shut downs. My work is almost completed. 😛

I was feeling a bit down for the last day or so, this is by far the funniest thing I have read this week 😄

I'm still laughing and its taken me 5 minutes to write this lol. 

👍

It goes without saying that you shouldn't be posting things you might not want to be associated with in the first place, but I think it's a perfectly reasonable request to want to be able to prevent random users from easily getting a detailed feed of one's activities.

On 3/19/2021 at 5:20 PM, Turbokees said:

Every post is a cringe post.

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

Honestly? Who cares.. we are all human. We have our good days and bad. I see things I've posted 10 years ago and thought was I drunk, high, both, wtf do0d..? Whatever.. I'm  human. Not perfect.. have vices. I probably have some issues too lol but lets not get into that.. because you probably have your own lol. I'm not pointing my finger at anyone of course, just saying.. Besides.. everyday we learn. Just because you have some shitty posts it doesn't make you a shitty person, just means you probably had a shitty day/week and should have kept that shitty attitude inside lol. Unless you really are just a shitty person, in which case.. eat shit 🙂