BF4 Naval Strike DLC gets delayed on PC.

mikeangeles 75

Welp.

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4/news/view/take-the-fight-to-the-sea-with-battlefield-4-naval-strike/

"However, we are delaying the launch of Battlefield 4 Naval Strike on PC. We’ve detected an issue and it needs to be solved. Quality is our number one priority and we will not release Battlefield 4 Naval Strike on PC until we feel it meets the highest quality level possible."

Time to sleep!

why wont they fix the damn game first

Because it's EA fixing costs money and doesn't earn money so they pretend it's not an option.

u know why

because we dont fukin mater

we are heroin addicts and they are the cartels

what are you gonna do

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

Quality is our number one priority 

BF4? Quality? Ask my arse.

Any unknown button should be pressed even number of times.

I was staying for it and now I get to sleep.As the comments say on battlelog they should take their time.

2500k 4.0ghz,GTX 1070 oc,MSI Z77A-GD55,G.SKILL Ripjaws(4 x 2GB)DDR3 1333,OCZ Arc 100 240gb,Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB,Corsair TX 750w v1,CoolerMaster HAF 912,Hyper 212 EVO

Welp.

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4/news/view/take-the-fight-to-the-sea-with-battlefield-4-naval-strike/

"However, we are delaying the launch of Battlefield 4 Naval Strike on PC. We’ve detected an issue and it needs to be solved. Quality is our number one priority and we will not release Battlefield 4 Naval Strike on PC until we feel it meets the highest quality level possible."

Time to sleep!

I remember a great bug with BF4 on launch where if you put a silencer on your gun it muted the whole f**king server.

What is still broken about it? I havent payed attention to it.

I remember a great bug with BF4 on launch where if you put a silencer on your gun it muted the whole f**king server.

I'm on mobile and I need to sleep... so the picture above shows my reaction to your reply.

I'm on mobile and I need to sleep... so the picture above shows my reaction to your reply.

Excellent. Goodnight!

Well, if it is going to make it  less glitchy, good

Beneath this mask there is more than flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea, Mr. Creedy, and ideas are bulletproof.

As I get older I get angrier more cynical, meaner. I feel some warning posts coming. I feel a ban coming. I was warned.

CPU-i5 2400 GPU-Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 OC Mobo-H67MA-D2H-B3 Ram-G.Skill Ripjaws 8gb 1333mhz Case-Fractal Define R4 PSU-Corsair CX750 Storage-Samsung EVO 250gb, 1tb WD Black,Hitachi 1tb Other stuff-Corsair K90, M90 Cooling-3x 140mm Fractal fans Sound-Sennheiser HD438 headphones

i dont get what's still broken about the game

it's EA, but quit shitting on the game

Looking for a job

lol didn't DICE say they will work on fixing the game before working and/or releasing any other DLCs? 

You must "Quote" to get my attention​.

~IBIubbleTea - 20/07/2014 

Why did i still get a ~30GB DL then, if i still can't play the maps?

b3dd7ecabd57f8d90fea42f8e4b5a1c2.png

Is there something i should know?

Spoiler

Case Bitfenix Ghost, Mobo Asus Maximus VIII Ranger, CPU i7 6700K @4.2 Ghz cooled by Arctic cooling Freezer i30, (barely). GPU Nvidia GTX 970 Gigabyte G1 @1519Mhz core, RAM 16Gb Crucial Ballistix CL16 @2400Mhz. SSD 128GB Sandisk Ultra Plus as my OS drive. HDD's  1TB  Seagate ST31000524AS its OEM, 3TB Seagate Barracuda, 2x 500GB WDC Blue (RAID 0)

If it isn't working absolutely perfectly, according to all your assumptions, it is broken.

They could have at least announced this a couple of days in advance so people didn't take days off work ect (saw some posts like that in battlelog)

To be honest expecting to play anything from DICE on the first day and have a smooth experience is a foolish expectation.

Why did i still get a ~30GB DL then, if i still can't play the maps?

b3dd7ecabd57f8d90fea42f8e4b5a1c2.png

Is there something i should know?

It's common for DICE to allow players to pre-load content ahead of the official release. They've been doing it since the BF3 Alpha.

Folding@Home | BOINC

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X + Celsius S36 GPU: ASUS TUF RTX3080 

MB: ASRock x470 Taichi RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-2666 32GB 

CASE: Fractal Design Define 7 Panda STORAGE: WD Black SN770 2TB + WD Red Pro 6TB

It's common for DICE to allow players to pre-load content ahead of the official release. They've been doing it since the BF3 Alpha.

I see, but still, i would have expected the folder size to increase as well, my BF4 install is taking up only ~37GB of space. And the previous DLC's were ~10-15GB not 30GB. Or is it just this DLC?

Spoiler

Case Bitfenix Ghost, Mobo Asus Maximus VIII Ranger, CPU i7 6700K @4.2 Ghz cooled by Arctic cooling Freezer i30, (barely). GPU Nvidia GTX 970 Gigabyte G1 @1519Mhz core, RAM 16Gb Crucial Ballistix CL16 @2400Mhz. SSD 128GB Sandisk Ultra Plus as my OS drive. HDD's  1TB  Seagate ST31000524AS its OEM, 3TB Seagate Barracuda, 2x 500GB WDC Blue (RAID 0)

If it isn't working absolutely perfectly, according to all your assumptions, it is broken.

I see, but still, i would have expected the folder size to increase as well, my BF4 install is taking up only ~37GB of space. And the previous DLC's were ~10-15GB not 30GB. Or is it just this DLC?

Not entirely sure. IIRC, each DLC pack for both BF3 and BF4 were ~5GB, and my game folders for both are ~35GB in size.

Folding@Home | BOINC

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X + Celsius S36 GPU: ASUS TUF RTX3080 

MB: ASRock x470 Taichi RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-2666 32GB 

CASE: Fractal Design Define 7 Panda STORAGE: WD Black SN770 2TB + WD Red Pro 6TB

This Bug... Cool new game mode? :)

Making the game MOD'able would certainly increase sales as people would stick it out for creation of things such as above...in funtime servers,.. without it being a bug.

BF4 Funtyme Server /w Mod "Sound Occlusion & Underwater Slow-Mo" FTW.

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

The fact it's being delayed because it's not ready is the biggest kick in the teeth, fucking period.

I don't care what any apologist has to say, I don't care if people want to defend Battlefield and DICE to the death, this game is awful and this proves it.

Look at it this way, majority of people who are going to play this game, will have bought premium. Meaning, that essentially DICE and EA have already obtained the 'sales' or the majority of for Naval Assault.

Secondly, this is only for PC.

With these two things, we can gather that delaying the release of the DLC for PC will have no outlasting effect. So while people can sing praise for DICE wanting to release a polished DLC, we can clearly see that if there was money on the table, we'd have it, bugs and all.

I'm incredibly sick of people saying good things about EA and any of it's affiliated companies, they're all a parasite on the gaming industry and it disgusts me.