AYA NEO Smashes Crowdfunding Goals. Is this the future of PC gaming?

16 hours ago, youed said:

Xenia Emulator i think is the 360 one, and if that exists im sure a OG does as well. Reminder, the xbox was originally the DirectXbox. It's essentially a computer already.

This shows rank ignorance, frankly. 360 and original Xbox emulation still doesn't work for shit. 360 emulation is well behind PS3 and OGXB is miles behind PS2, GameCube, and Dreamcast emulation. The "DirectXbox" comment is especially hilarious because people have been saying "iT's rEaLlY jUsT a cOmPuTeR aNyWaY" about the Xbox for literally almost 20 years now and there's still no emulator for it that's near a "just sit down and start a game and play" level of functionality. 

Corps aren't your friends. "Bottleneck calculators" are BS. Only suckers buy based on brand. It's your PC, do what makes you happy.  If your build meets your needs, you don't need anyone else to "rate" it for you. And talking about being part of a "master race" is cringe. Watch this space for further truths people need to hear.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | ASRock X570 PG Velocita | PowerColor Red Devil RX 6900 XT | 4x8GB Crucial Ballistix 3600mt/s CL16

22 minutes ago, Jtalk4456 said:

1. Very cool

2. Wait what?? so i'm gonna spend a grand on a more powerful switch just at the chance to fanboy over AMD chips?? no thank you. For that price I'll build a PC that does way better. If I want mobile gaming, I have my phone for the few times I'm wanting to game on tiny screens. Why would I WANT to play a visually amazing game like Cyberpunk 2077 on a tiny little screen, no matter how good the specs? I WOULDN'T. It might change the handheld gaming market, but this ain't gonna touch the PC market one bit

3. Yeah this sounds a lot like an ad. I know you say you're not affiliated but this came off super like an ad the whole way thru

4. Cyberpunk 2077 30 FPS Low (1280×800)

nope...

Overall: this is a cool idea, actually trying to make a product better in the way customers have been asking for, but they're targeting a market where that kind of cost and effort doesn't make sense. A motorcycle is great as a cheap transport, good mileage for most and some new under 10K. Then to make a motorcycle that costs 40K, you've lost most of the market by making it too expensive. Why spend 40K on a motorcycle when I can spend 30K and get a ballin' car with heated seats, cupholders, no need to wear a helmet or leather jackets to stay warm, ridiculously more storage? It simply has priced itself out of the class of device it's aiming for. Lots of enthusiasts will buy it, as evident with their kickstarter success so far, but beyond that, few people will be willing to spend that kind of money for 30 fps Cyberpunk2077 on a 7 inch screen when they can get a PC running it on med-high with a 27" monitor

Factoid in support of your point:

The best selling motorcycle of all Time I understand was the Honda cub.  It was almost a moped.  Was designed to deliver ramen with.  A fleet vehicle.  It had some feature that made it crush everything.  It was step through, allowing any kind of clothing, it could be operated with one hand, which allowed all kinds of odd things, It had a very low 1st gear so even though it had very little power it could go up steep dirt hills.  It was designed with very loose tolerances which made it cheap and allowed more primitive and thus much much cheaper fluid filtration.  It didn’t sell that well in the US.  Where it dominated was places like Indonesia where it was often a first motorized vehicle. 

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

This thing is not going to disrupt PC gaming and is no threat whatsoever to the handheld console market.

It costs more than a new console but probably performs worse. It will perform worse than a normal gaming PC of the same price (or will once the market stabilizes) and has zero upgrade potential. In many ways it's the worst of both worlds. The only thing it has going for it is handheld portability, and the market of people who want a handheld gaming PC is a niche of a niche. 

All of this is assuming it even makes it into production. Does the name "Smach Z" ring a bill for anyone? This isn't the first time someone has made this pitch. 

Corps aren't your friends. "Bottleneck calculators" are BS. Only suckers buy based on brand. It's your PC, do what makes you happy.  If your build meets your needs, you don't need anyone else to "rate" it for you. And talking about being part of a "master race" is cringe. Watch this space for further truths people need to hear.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | ASRock X570 PG Velocita | PowerColor Red Devil RX 6900 XT | 4x8GB Crucial Ballistix 3600mt/s CL16

Have you guys seen this video? What did you guys think of it? Same feelings toward the GPD devices i'd presume?

5 minutes ago, youed said:

Have you guys seen this video? What did you guys think of it? Same feelings toward the GPD devices i'd presume?

The intro kind of encapsulates it: “they’ve gotten close but never this close”. As in closer but still did not successfully achieve.

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

On 3/10/2021 at 3:17 AM, TedofGarlic said:

NVME harddrive support

This physically hurt me to read, haha.

GPU: XFX RX 7900 XTX

CPU: Ryzen 7 7800X3D

3 hours ago, Orangeator said:

This physically hurt me to read, haha.

I can't believe I've done this. Why did you have to make me aware of this hahaha.