30 series stock

tire

Ok, so I now that pretty much all gpus, new or old are 3x the price right now and I have seen gpu stock videos.

I live in America, and I have heard the Joe Biden will be helping the semiconductor makers.

Will this help gpu makers to keep up with demand, or is that a long lost dream now.

I need answers, because I have a 1650 and need a 3060 ti or 3070

Thank you for your help

Don’t take everything I say seriously 

take it with a grain of s a l t

3 minutes ago, the communist potato said:

Ok, so I now that pretty much all gpus, new or old are 3x the price right now and I have seen gpu stock videos.

I live in America, and I have heard the Joe Biden will be helping the semiconductor makers.

Will this help gpu makers to keep up with demand, or is that a long lost dream now.

I need answers, because I have a 1650 and need a 3060 ti or 3070

Thank you for your help

any semiconductors that start being made today will be packaged into gpu months from now, so even if semis ramp immensely, it'll take a few months before gamers get them. Early 2022 is likely when stock gets better.

3 minutes ago, the communist potato said:

I have a 1650 and need a 3060 ti or 3070

You need it? Surely you could wait, unless you need it for your job or something, in which case time is money and you may as well eat the cost to improve your performance in whatever profession.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

Just so you know by the time that those factories are operating we might as well be on rtx5000 easily by that point.

Unless you are making money working with your computer and need the performance to make more money (I do not count mining) then you don't need a 3060 or 3070 it's a want. Pretty big difference. If you can't wait and need need it well yeah not much you can do but cave and buy it now.

2 minutes ago, AlexP11223 said:

Even if he will, it will be like in the next several years, not in 2021. What he could do, build a new factory in a month?

and hes not doing this for gamers to get gpus. It's to get cars running off the production lines and important servers for American companies. How many of these semiconductors are actually going into graphics cards?

A new semiconductor factory would take years to build and manufacture wafers, no it wouldn't help with the RTX 30 series supply problem.

I doubt the GPU shortage is going to get any better any time soon, and if there were RTX 30 cards in stock they likely won't be at MSRP because of scalpers and mining.

i always wonder why people didn't buy oct-nov when  the  cards where readily available, maybe it's really  'desire meter'  and if these were available the 'need'  would suddenly vanish.  i think  ill go with that  for  my own sanity's sake...

The direction tells you... the direction

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

Corsair Link (Anime Edition) 

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

Just now, Mark Kaine said:

i always wonder why people didn't buy oct-nov when  the  cards where readily available, maybe it's really  'desire meter'  and if these were available the 'need'  would suddenly vanish.  i think  ill go with that  for  my own sanity's sake...

the cards were never readily available

1 minute ago, curiousmind34 said:

the cards were never readily available

uh, they definitely were.

when i got mine in december i had to choose between 10+ models...  from a german retailer no less (we always get everything last if you didn't know)

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

Just now, Mark Kaine said:

uh, they definitely were.

when i got mine in december i had to choose between 10+ models...  from a german retailer no less (we always get everything last if you didn't know)

Not everyone is in the same boat as you.

Gaming With a 4:3 CRT

System specs below

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5700X with a Noctua NH-U9S cooler 
Motherboard: Gigabyte B450 Aorus M (Because it was cheap)
RAM: 32GB (4 x 8GB) Corsair Vengance LPX 3200Mhz CL16
GPU: EVGA GTX 980 Ti SC Blower Card
HDD: 7200RPM TOSHIBA DT01ACA100 1TB, External HDD: 5400RPM 2TB WD My Passport
SSD: 1tb Samsung 970 evo m.2 nvme
PSU: Corsair CX650M
Displays: ViewSonic VA2012WB LCD 1680x1050p @ 75Hz
Gateway VX920 CRT: 1920x1440@65Hz, 1600x1200@75Hz, 1200x900@100Hz, 960x720@125Hz
Gateway VX900 CRT: 1920x1440@64Hz, 1600x1200@75Hz, 1200x900@100Hz, 960x720@120Hz (Can be pushed to 175Hz)

Keyboard: Thermaltake eSPORTS MEKA PRO with Cherry MX Red switches

3 minutes ago, Mark Kaine said:

The RTX 3070 and 3080 weren't available except for a few lucky people that could beat the bots or go to a retail store.

I signed up for the EVGA queue months ago, and haven't gotten any notifications yet, I haven't given much attention to any RTX card reviews because there isn't anything to buy and I'm not paying a scalper.

The action being taken by the Biden administration is to find ways of improving the supply chain to prevent or ease shortages in the future (ones impacting auto manufacturers and other major industries - the US government doesn't care about gamers being able to get GPU's, nor should they). It's not going to make any difference during the current hardware generation at least. 

Corps aren't your friends. "Bottleneck calculators" are BS. Only suckers buy based on brand. It's your PC, do what makes you happy.  If your build meets your needs, you don't need anyone else to "rate" it for you. And talking about being part of a "master race" is cringe. Watch this space for further truths people need to hear.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | ASRock X570 PG Velocita | PowerColor Red Devil RX 6900 XT | 4x8GB Crucial Ballistix 3600mt/s CL16

2 minutes ago, MadAnt250 said:

Not everyone is in the same boat as you.

no, i get that , but  im saying if you were determined it wasn't that hard, i just watched the market a few weeks and i *knew*  when the time was right as they  kept  coming in waves .

424004985_Screenshot_20201229-172740_SamsungInternetBeta.thumb.jpg.bf941f7242804a549fbb105cdfbb6a2e.jpg

look at those prices and what they go for now , and  that's just  one  small  sample of one  retailer...

I'm seeing  nothing in  these reactions that  i wouldn't be right about the pretty  obvious  desire  meter phenomenon...

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

27 minutes ago, the communist potato said:

I have a 1650 and need a 3060 ti or 3070

You want it bro. I struggle with this as well. When you aim for the top anything less doesn't seem good enough even though it is. That card is a fine placeholder while the market evens out. The last thing you wanna do is spend $1600+ on a graphics card that simply isnt worth it (yes not worth it even being a top of the line card). 

Not to mention we Americans have much larger problems and Biden has much higher priorities as well.

14 minutes ago, Blademaster91 said:

signed up for the EVGA queue months ago, and haven't gotten any notifications yet,

me too,  but that's  because  EVGA  sucks,  they  don't  even  give you an estimate... 

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

27 minutes ago, Mark Kaine said:

no, i get that , but  im saying if you were determined it wasn't that hard, i just watched the market a few weeks and i *knew*  when the time was right as they  kept  coming in waves .

Location, location, location. Also, there are people who ordered their cards months back and still have not received them, so your argument does not work for everywhere in the world.

Gaming With a 4:3 CRT

System specs below

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5700X with a Noctua NH-U9S cooler 
Motherboard: Gigabyte B450 Aorus M (Because it was cheap)
RAM: 32GB (4 x 8GB) Corsair Vengance LPX 3200Mhz CL16
GPU: EVGA GTX 980 Ti SC Blower Card
HDD: 7200RPM TOSHIBA DT01ACA100 1TB, External HDD: 5400RPM 2TB WD My Passport
SSD: 1tb Samsung 970 evo m.2 nvme
PSU: Corsair CX650M
Displays: ViewSonic VA2012WB LCD 1680x1050p @ 75Hz
Gateway VX920 CRT: 1920x1440@65Hz, 1600x1200@75Hz, 1200x900@100Hz, 960x720@125Hz
Gateway VX900 CRT: 1920x1440@64Hz, 1600x1200@75Hz, 1200x900@100Hz, 960x720@120Hz (Can be pushed to 175Hz)

Keyboard: Thermaltake eSPORTS MEKA PRO with Cherry MX Red switches

19 minutes ago, Mark Kaine said:

me too,  but that's  because  EVGA  sucks,  they  don't  even  give you an estimate... 

There is probably such a demand that EVGA can't give any estimates for when anyone in the queue can get a card, I've heard people say they signed up for the queue when the AIB RTX 30 series cards launched yet didn't get any stock notifications, but the queue could be random i'm not sure.

And since OP says they are in the US, there is Microcenter but only have a few stores, and you have to go to a store if they even have anything in stock. I think EVGA is one of the better stores to try getting anything because in the US theres Newegg, Amazon, Bestbuy, B&H, and Adorama, but none of them are allowing preorders.

19 hours ago, Mark Kaine said:

not everyone has money to spend at the time.