Some companies really skrew the costumers.

Edward78

https://www.htva.net/cable-tv/ look at those awful plans, they should do like others & offer youtube TV. I mean we have Dish, but wow & the prices for basic & digital.

MSI Performance Gaming AMD Ryzen 1st and 2nd Gen AM4 M.2 USB 3 DDR4 HDMI Display Port Mini-ITX Motherboard (B450I Gaming Plus AC), AMD Ryzen 7 2700 4.1 GHz, TEAMGROUP T-Force Vulcan Z DDR4 16GB (2 x 8GB) 3200MHz (PC4 25600) Ram, EVGA GeForce RTX 3060 Ti XC Gaming, 08G-P5-3663-KL, 8GB GDDR6, Metal Backplate, LHR

image.png.f1fb127c4af386cd2c324d1f927783aa.png

This is from Shaw, a Canadian provider and the price doesn't seem too out of place from what you're quoting. 

https://www.shaw.ca/tv/plans

At least, on the surface

Intel® Core™ i7-12700 | GIGABYTE B660 AORUS MASTER DDR4 | Gigabyte Radeon™ RX 6650 XT Gaming OC | 32GB Corsair Vengeance® RGB Pro SL DDR4 | Samsung 990 Pro 1TB | WD Green 1.5TB | Windows 11 Pro | NZXT H510 Flow White
Sony MDR-V250 | GNT-500 | Logitech G610 Orion Brown | Logitech G402 | Samsung C27JG5 | ASUS ProArt PA238QR
iPhone 12 Mini (iOS 17.2.1) | iPhone XR (iOS 17.2.1) | iPad Mini (iOS 9.3.5) | KZ AZ09 Pro x KZ ZSN Pro X | Sennheiser HD450bt
Intel® Core™ i7-1265U | Kioxia KBG50ZNV512G | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Enterprise | HP EliteBook 650 G9
Intel® Core™ i5-8520U | WD Blue M.2 250GB | 1TB Seagate FireCuda | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Home | ASUS Vivobook 15 
Intel® Core™ i7-3520M | GT 630M | 16 GB Corsair Vengeance® DDR3 |
Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | macOS Catalina | Lenovo IdeaPad P580

That's about right..

image.thumb.png.0345dd20ac7f9633dd540cc8d876dbe5.png

That "More than 150 channels!" Includes 50 music channels...

https://www.gci.com/tv/channel-line-up

I'm not actually trying to be as grumpy as it seems.

I will find your mentions of Ikea or Gnome and I will /s post. 

Project Hot Box

CPU 13900k, Motherboard Gigabyte Aorus Elite AX, RAM CORSAIR Vengeance 4x16gb 5200 MHZ, GPU Zotac RTX 4090 Trinity OC, Case Fractal Pop Air XL, Storage Sabrent Rocket Q4 2tbCORSAIR Force Series MP510 1920GB NVMe, CORSAIR FORCE Series MP510 960GB NVMe, PSU CORSAIR HX1000i, Cooling Corsair XC8 CPU block, Bykski GPU block, 360mm and 280mm radiator, Displays Odyssey G9, LG 34UC98-W 34-Inch,Keyboard Mountain Everest Max, Mouse Mountain Makalu 67, Sound AT2035, Massdrop 6xx headphones, Go XLR 

Oppbevaring

CPU i9-9900k, Motherboard, ASUS Rog Maximus Code XI, RAM, 48GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB 3200 mhz (2x16)+(2x8) GPUs Asus ROG Strix 2070 8gb, PNY 1080, Nvidia 1080, Case Mining Frame, 2x Storage Samsung 860 Evo 500 GB, PSU Corsair RM1000x and RM850x, Cooling Asus Rog Ryuo 240 with Noctua NF-12 fans

Why is the 5800x so hot?

I'll stick to Streaming Movies and Show to my Browser thank you very much. I gotten used to watch what and when I want to watch.

-= Moved to Off-Topic =-

Mind where you post.

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

10 hours ago, whm1974 said:

I'll stick to Streaming Movies and Show to my Browser thank you very much. I gotten used to watch what and when I want to watch.

The uncapped plan is like $65 unbundled, just 35 Megs down. it really sucks when Spectrum is the next town over, which is so close.

MSI Performance Gaming AMD Ryzen 1st and 2nd Gen AM4 M.2 USB 3 DDR4 HDMI Display Port Mini-ITX Motherboard (B450I Gaming Plus AC), AMD Ryzen 7 2700 4.1 GHz, TEAMGROUP T-Force Vulcan Z DDR4 16GB (2 x 8GB) 3200MHz (PC4 25600) Ram, EVGA GeForce RTX 3060 Ti XC Gaming, 08G-P5-3663-KL, 8GB GDDR6, Metal Backplate, LHR

On 2/28/2021 at 1:35 PM, Edward78 said:

https://www.htva.net/cable-tv/ look at those awful plans, they should do like others & offer youtube TV. I mean we have Dish, but wow & the prices for basic & digital.

This is why cable TV is going the way of the dinosaur. All cable providers have shit prices. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn. 

yep, youtube tv is the way to go in my area, cable prices are absurd w/xfinity, and then they want you to pay more for peacock, and on and on. i hope comcast goes bankrupt, 5-10mbps up, and 180 down is absolutely frickin stupid. When anyone asks "why's the upload so slow" they say "if you don't like it, upgrade" except their upload speeds on faster aren't any higher 'till you start paying for buisness internet, then they want you to buy cable as well.

please tag me for a response, It's really hard to keep tabs on every thread I reply to. thanks!!

image.png.96b745eb0b7a23b32ceff309ea5f9165.png

image.png.085f2345aef436d63a4ea890c363086e.png

Sorry.  Just had to point it out.  

But yeah, dump cable, select one (1) streaming service, and subscribe to it until there's nothing left on it that interests you.  Then move on to the next service.  

#Muricaparrotgang

Folding@Home Stats | Current PC Loadout:

Small                        Bigger				Biggerer				Biggest
Fractal Design Focus G       NZXT H1				Lian LI O11 Dynamic XL			Fractal Design Meshify C
FX-8320                      Ryzen 3 3200G			Ryzen 5 3600				Ryzen 7 3700X
120mm AIO                    120mm AIO				Custom 280mm loop			Noctua NH-D15
A motherboard                ASRock B450 mobo			MSI x570 mobo				MSI x570 mobo
16gb DDR3                    16gb DDR4 @ 3200			16gb DDR4 @ 3200			16gb DDR4 @ 3600
a melange of HDDs/SSDs       WD 1tb m.2				WD 500gb m.2				WD 1tb m.2/2tb HDD
PNY GTX 1070 x2              GTX 1070				GTX 1070 FE				MSI RTX 2080 TI
some 650w PSU                650W SFX-L 80+ Gold		MSI RTX 2080 Super			EVGA SuperNova 750w 80+ GOLD 
								Corsair RM850x 80+ GOLD

On 3/1/2021 at 1:56 AM, Mling said:

you could get several books a month for those prices

But then, you'd have to read several books per month. Which could be great for some people and a nightmare to others.

I unsubbed from cable TV services in January of last year, was only keeping it for my mom and well...👼

Haven't regretted it once. I never watched the damn thing anymore. Now I just have a living room that I never use. Could move my PC there... but then I wouldn't be able to just lie down on my bed and fall asleep to youtube or twitch or netflix or...

But seriously, those prices are anything but outrageous. Prices in Canada are not that much better.

Heck, at least you don't have to get it bundled with Internet service. Literally can't even get TV these days without paying their ridiculously overprice Internet service. Unless you call them very nicely and get the old "crappy" basic cable... for the same price.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

7 hours ago, TetraSky said:

But then, you'd have to read several books per month. Which could be great for some people and a nightmare to others.

I unsubbed from cable TV services in January of last year, was only keeping it for my mom and well...👼

Haven't regretted it once. I never watched the damn thing anymore. Now I just have a living room that I never use. Could move my PC there... but then I wouldn't be able to just lie down on my bed and fall asleep to youtube or twitch or netflix or...

But seriously, those prices are anything but outrageous. Prices in Canada are not that much better.

Heck, at least you don't have to get it bundled with Internet service. Literally can't even get TV these days without paying their ridiculously overprice Internet service. Unless you call them very nicely and get the old "crappy" basic cable... for the same price.

In NZ we only get Sky and most people get it because they are boomers or they want to watch rugby. It's only a matter of time for the popular sports institutions to stream their own games. Sky is actually desperate for Vodafone to take them over because they know their days are numbered. 

22 hours ago, Dillpickle23422 said:

hope comcast goes bankrupt, 5-10mbps up, and 180 down is absolutely frickin stupid. When anyone asks "why's the upload so slow" they say "if you don't like it, upgrade" except their upload speeds on faster aren't any higher 'till you start paying for buisness internet, then they want you to buy cable as well.

They are the largest cable provider in the US. They will not go bankrupt any time soon. Plus they own NBC/Universal Studios, so they make boat loads of money. 

As far as upload speed goes, business plans use the same coax as residential and the same Docsis tech. Fastest upload Comcast offers is 45 Mbps and thats on the Gigabit tier. Business internet pretty much is slower speeds for higher price. If you want fast upload then that, check out the Gigabit Pro plan. Just be warned they want up to $1000 up front and $299 a month for the service though its Fiber. 

i remember when is was younger here i Denmark, i really did not understand why our goverment fought so much against monopoly, because, if a company was the best, then why should they not monopolise the marked..

But being older, i am glad that they still fight for free competition, so larger companies cannot push people out, especially on "connections" to houses.

being able to choose between 10+ providers in most areas just keeps prices low, and things like "data caps" have never been an issue, since the first time someon introduces a data cap, all their customers goes elswhere, since it is easy..

Don't blame the cable companies.  They are passing their costs to you.  Every channel in their lineup charges a fee.  Cable TV used to be worth it as you paid for the content so you didn't deal with commercials or very many commercials.  Now There are just as many commercials on cable stations as Over the Air stuff.  It's not worth it.  

At the end of the day though, you have to determine if you watch enough "TV" to justify the cost. 

Main Computer: CPU - Ryzen 5 5900x Cooler - NZXT Kraken x53  RAM - 32GB Corsairsrair Vengeance Pro GPU - Zotac RTX 3070 Case - Lian Li LanCool II RGB (White) Storage - 1TB Inland Premium M.2 SSD and 2x WD 2TB Black.

Backup Computer: CPU - Ryzen 7 3700x Cooler - CoolerMaster ML240 V2 RAM - 32GB G.Skill RipJaws GPU - Gigabyte GTX 1070 FE Case - Cougar QBX Storage - 500GB WD Black M.2 SSD 

The price isn't the worst part, what you get for $99 plan is the bad thing.

• Local Channels
  • Weather Channel
  • HD Available
  • Local Ads Channel,
  • All Major Networks
  • 24-hour News and Weather
  • Includes ESPN, HGTV, National Geographic, FOX Sports 1 and Hallmark
  • Even More Entertainment, Sports, and Lifestyle Channels

Includes Interactive Program guide and 1 HD Box (non DVR) I mean the internet is great, but the cable tv.

2 hours ago, Edward78 said:

The price isn't the worst part, what you get for $99 plan is the bad thing.

• Local Channels
  • Weather Channel
  • HD Available
  • Local Ads Channel,
  • All Major Networks
  • 24-hour News and Weather
  • Includes ESPN, HGTV, National Geographic, FOX Sports 1 and Hallmark
  • Even More Entertainment, Sports, and Lifestyle Channels

Includes Interactive Program guide and 1 HD Box (non DVR) I mean the internet is great, but the cable tv.

Is that for internet and cable?

9 hours ago, Donut417 said:

Is that for internet and cable?

Nope that is just the cable package price. Unncapped internet $65 unbundles just 35 down though.

40 minutes ago, TargetDron3 said:

Don't blame the cable companies.  They are passing their costs to you.  Every channel in their lineup charges a fee.  Cable TV used to be worth it as you paid for the content so you didn't deal with commercials or very many commercials.  Now There are just as many commercials on cable stations as Over the Air stuff.  It's not worth it.  

At the end of the day though, you have to determine if you watch enough "TV" to justify the cost. 

I'm not sure what channels you're referring to, but at least in North America, hardly any of the Cable TV channels were commercial free. HBO, and maybe Showtime?

There were some commercial free Movie Channels (TMN - The Movie Network, here in Canada), but the vast majority of TV channels on Cable TV have always had commercials (or at least as long as I've been watching cable TV since the early 90's).

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)