We're Making a SOLID GOLD Xbox Controller

AlexTheGreatish
36 minutes ago, AlexTheGreatish said:

We're making the most expensive Xbox controller in existence, made out of solid gold.

Buy Xbox Core Wireless Controller (PAID LINK): https://geni.us/8dPs

Purchases made through some store links may provide some compensation to Linus Media Group.

That is so cool. Tho I am really wondering how the kick-proof tv would hold up against that lol

So are we going Palladium or Rhodium next? Current market price of 100K and 400K for 1.5kg respectively

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

Just now, Lurick said:

So are we going Palladium or Rhodium next? Current market price of 100K and 400K for 1.5kg respectively

neither. solid plutonium controler.

I could use some help with this!

please, pm me if you would like to contribute to my gpu bios database (includes overclocking bios, stock bios, and upgrades to gpus via modding)

Bios database

My beautiful, but not that powerful, main PC:

prior build:

Spoiler

7 minutes ago, HelpfulTechWizard said:

neither. solid plutonium controler.

Noo they are going for lightweight next time. Helium, it also helps cool down your hands.

This is absolutely the most stupid thing I have ever seen.. and LTT has done a LOT of stupid idiotic things over the years... Such a waste, and a very bad example given the state of the world. Is this how you spent that DOGEcoin earnings?? I mean, you did just have to have a talk with Yvonne to get the 50k to buy that.. how did you sweet talk her into nearly 100k for a stupid video game controller?

Community Standards | Fan Control Software

Please make sure to Quote me or @ me to see your reply!

Just because I am a Moderator does not mean I am always right. Please fact check me and verify my answer. 

"Black Out"

Ryzen 9 5900x | Full Custom Water Loop | Asus Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi) | RTX 3090 Founders | Ballistix 32gb 16-18-18-36 3600mhz 

1tb Samsung 970 Evo | 2x 2tb Crucial MX500 SSD | Fractal Design Meshify S2 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

Dedicated Streaming Rig

Ryzen 7 3700x | Asus B450-F Strix | 16gb Gskill Flare X 3200mhz | Corsair RM550x PSU | Asus Strix GTX1070 | 250gb 860 Evo m.2

Phanteks P300A |  Elgato HD60 Pro | Avermedia Live Gamer Duo | Avermedia 4k GC573 Capture Card

1 minute ago, Skiiwee29 said:

how did you sweet talk her into nearly 100k for a stupid video game controller?

It's still gold mate!  All they need to do is to melt it down and they get the money money back.

Yikeeess that's more expensive than my car.

Ryzen 5700g @ 4.4ghz all cores | Asrock B550M Steel Legend | 3060 | 2x 16gb Micron E 2666 @ 4200mhz cl16 | 500gb WD SN750 | 12 TB HDD | Deepcool Gammax 400 w/ 2 delta 4000rpm push pull | Antec Neo Eco Zen 500w

3 minutes ago, Skiiwee29 said:

This is absolutely the most stupid thing I have ever seen.. and LTT has done a LOT of stupid idiotic things over the years... Such a waste, and a very bad example given the state of the world. Is this how you spent that DOGEcoin earnings?? I mean, you did just have to have a talk with Yvonne to get the 50k to buy that.. how did you sweet talk her into nearly 100k for a stupid video game controller?

Business expense is not the same as personal investment expense.

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

Just now, Lurick said:

Business expense is not the same as personal investment expense.

regardless, its still dumb and never should have happened IMO. 

Community Standards | Fan Control Software

Please make sure to Quote me or @ me to see your reply!

Just because I am a Moderator does not mean I am always right. Please fact check me and verify my answer. 

"Black Out"

Ryzen 9 5900x | Full Custom Water Loop | Asus Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi) | RTX 3090 Founders | Ballistix 32gb 16-18-18-36 3600mhz 

1tb Samsung 970 Evo | 2x 2tb Crucial MX500 SSD | Fractal Design Meshify S2 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

Dedicated Streaming Rig

Ryzen 7 3700x | Asus B450-F Strix | 16gb Gskill Flare X 3200mhz | Corsair RM550x PSU | Asus Strix GTX1070 | 250gb 860 Evo m.2

Phanteks P300A |  Elgato HD60 Pro | Avermedia Live Gamer Duo | Avermedia 4k GC573 Capture Card

Since when has something being maybe not too great an idea stopped anyone? People have excess money. ...get over it ig?

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

^-^

Are you trying to say LTT should have waited until everyone in the world wasn't suffering due to anything, ever? If you haven't noticed most of what they due is stupid and excessive, so should they just stop making content period because someone somewhere is suffering?

I think it's fun and neat

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

29 minutes ago, Skiiwee29 said:

lol...

So someone/a company who has made their own money through the accomplishments* of themselves can't do interesting/maybe dumb things with that money simply because someone else in the world is having issues? This reads a lot like the guy who said no one with money should be able to buy something nice for themselves but have to live as if impoverished and should donate all their money to charity.

*I absolutely consider what Linus/LTT have done to be an accomplishment. Building such a massive, successful business from basically nothing is definitely an example of merit.

Black Lightning
Intel Core i5-3570K @ 4.7 ghz

Asrock Z77 Extreme4-M
2x8 GB 1600 MHz Crucial Ballistix Sport
MSI R9 290X Lightning
Corsair Crystal 280X Black RGB
240 GB Revodrive 3, 64 GB Sandisk SSD

EVGA Supernova 1200 P2
Noctua NH-C14S

3 hours ago, Skiiwee29 said:

How? It's gold, literally one of the things that hold their value best. Just melt it and sell it again if you can't afford to keep it.

F@H
Desktop: i9-13900K, ASUS Z790-E, 64GB DDR5-6000 CL36, RTX3080, 2TB MP600 Pro XT, 2TB SX8200Pro, 2x16TB Ironwolf RAID0, Corsair HX1200, Antec Vortex 360 AIO, Thermaltake Versa H25 TG, Samsung 4K curved 49" TV, 23" secondary, Mountain Everest Max

Mobile SFF rig: i9-9900K, Noctua NH-L9i, Asrock Z390 Phantom ITX-AC, 32GB, GTX1070, 2x1TB SX8200Pro RAID0, 2x5TB 2.5" HDD RAID0, Athena 500W Flex (Noctua fan), Custom 4.7l 3D printed case

Asus Zenbook UM325UA, Ryzen 7 5700u, 16GB, 1TB, OLED

GPD Win 2

7 hours ago, Skiiwee29 said:

he is gonna sell it at the end

I think this is a good idea for linus to flex his 10m subscribers. haha.

Gold is liquid, you can just melt it when you need to.

Probably worth more as a controller than gold bars.

Ryzen 5700g @ 4.4ghz all cores | Asrock B550M Steel Legend | 3060 | 2x 16gb Micron E 2666 @ 4200mhz cl16 | 500gb WD SN750 | 12 TB HDD | Deepcool Gammax 400 w/ 2 delta 4000rpm push pull | Antec Neo Eco Zen 500w

2 hours ago, Mling said:

Gold, like the prices of everything else can drop in market value due to lack of demand. When Times are Good, Gold drops, during Bad Times, Gold Rises.

Please Note: It Claimed by those selling marked up Gold and Silver Bars that you will need such items to Survive the EOTWAWKI when it happens. Nevermind that IF such Event did happen, you would be sitting on a pile useless Precious Metals.

3 minutes ago, whm1974 said:

Gold, like the prices of everything else can drop in market value due to lack of demand. When Times are Good, Gold drops, during Bad Times, Gold Rises.

Please Note: It Claimed by those selling marked up Gold and Silver Bars that you will need such items to Survive the EOTWAWKI when it happens. Nevermind that IF such Event did happen, you would be sitting on a pile useless Precious Metals.

There are other graphs on that site worth checking out that compare gold to other things. You're right the price of gold is going to change on demand from industry. Speculation from investors that would drive up the price of gold I believe is just going to other places like tech and emerging markets. Gold does not pay a dividend. Early backers of Google, Apple, and Microsoft are getting annual payments they can live off. You can't slice off parts of a gold bar to pay your bills for the rest of your life.

I have one word for this.

It begins with 'W' and ends with 'hy'.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

pythonmegapixel

into tech, public transport and architecture // amateur programmer // youtuber // beginner photographer

Thanks for reading all this by the way!

By the way, my desktop is a docked laptop. Get over it, No seriously, I have an exterrnal monitor, keyboard, mouse, headset, ethernet and cooling fans all connected. Using it feels no different to a desktop, it works for several hours if the power goes out, and disconnecting just a few cables gives me something I can take on the go. There's enough power for all games I play and it even copes with basic (and some not-so-basic) video editing. Give it a go - you might just love it.

This is one of the "because we can" videos. But all in all i found the content about gold casting pretty interesting.

If someone did not use reason to reach their conclusion in the first place, you cannot use reason to convince them otherwise.

I'm not saying Linus shouldn't went and spend that much money for creating interesting content. But didn't he mention Boston Dynamics Spot was too much and not worth it?

And wow this is so much more expensive. 87,500 USD instead of 74,500 USD.

Hey maybe they can trade the Gold Xbox Controller with someone with a BS Spot haha

Edit: Oh wait they did put in the comments that they would either melt it down or sell it.

Edited by TheEndIsNear

This video, the 'gaming' bed video and the fake merch video ar all stupid garbage.

Sincerely,

a tech enthusiast

I hope it will be incorporated to a gold chain, half inch thick, and worn by Linus in every LTT video from now onwards...

I edit my posts more often than not